4

Dancing Among Wolves

 

“C’mon Sai, Myungsoo please? We could really use the twin effect tonight.” Dongwoo, Hoya, Minhyuk and Ukwon were trying to talk us into helping out at the dance battle tonight. L and I glanced at each other and shrugged. If it would get them to leave us alone we would agree.

“Fine we’ll help” L answered “but if I remember right the venue we’re going to tonight has a six or less limit of how many members from each team could participate. So if Sai and I are dancing tonight who is sitting out?”

 Zico walked into the room “That would be Woohyun and I. When we heard what other groups were going tonight we all agreed it would be good to have you two out there.”

We nodded “Just remember that when I dance I’m just one of the guys.” Not that I generally care if someone knew my gender or not. I just find it easier when going out with any of the family to dance battles or clubs in general, to brush off girls as a ‘guy’ rather than trying to get rid of guys when they find out I’m a girl.

By the looks on their faces everyone had remembered what happened last time when Sungyeol accidentally slipped up about me being a girl. Things didn’t end pretty and I didn’t talk to him for a week. Also I refused to ever step foot in that particular venue ever again.

“So any particular style tonight or just whatever?”

“Just what ever, you know the routine and we know you’ll add your touch to it. As far as clothes, just try to keep it somewhat dark.”  Giving a sign of acknowledgement Myungsoo and I went up to the roof to work out any kinks that might be.

--

“Okay so outfits for tonight, I was thinking kind of a suave look… button down shirts, shorts and suspenders and fedoras.” L and I were trying to figure out what we were going to wear for the battle and since our brothers asked for the twin effect instead of us as individual dancers we needed to dress the part.

“Yeah but knowing how the others generally dress I think we should skip the fedoras and just go with regular hats that way we still fit with the others” I said.

“Alright so which shirts are we wearing then?”

“Well I was thinking my deep purple one, plaid is definitely out of the question tonight and if you don’t want to wear the black one then how about your dark blue one?”

We hadn’t realized that Taeil and Jaehyo were standing in the door until Taeil spoke up “You know sis this is one of those times that I actually remember that you are a girl.”

I raised an eyebrow in response “Just because I have a bit of fashion sense means nothing. You do realize that at least half of the household has a sense of fashion. Now where’s Kyung?”

“Should be in his room” Jae said trying to keep a straight face after my response to Taeil.

Even though everyone has their own collection of hats we all pretty much share them anyways and as long as you let the original owner of the hat know that you are going to use it then everything is cool. I knocked on his door frame “Hey Kyung I need hats for L and I.”

He looked up from whatever he was doing “For the battle tonight?” I nodded “C’mon in, help yourself.”

I did just that and went to the hat rack.  “So what’s everyone else doing tonight, anyone going to watch?”

“Yeah I think everyone is going, we wouldn’t miss it. It’s not often that we get to see you and Myungsoo dance together anymore, even more rare seeing your twin effect.”

“Ah I see. Well thanks for the hats”

I was stopped by HyunJoong on my way back to L’s room. “Just wanted to let you know that the five of us won’t be there tonight, so please try to stay out of trouble and don’t start any fights.”

“Aw c’mon you know for a fact that I’m not one to start fights and that when I do it’s for a good reason.  But yeah I’ll try to stay out of trouble, it’s not like I go looking for it anyways.” And with that I continued onto L’s room.