Dance Battle

Dancing Among Wolves

 

I recognized a few faces as soon as we stepped into the venue, and pulled Zico to the side. “Please tell me they are not the reason we were asked to dance tonight.”

He knew exactly who I was talking about and shook his head. “No, don’t worry about them. We’ll try to keep them away from you tonight.” We took our seats and he pointed to the group that was on the floor “They are part of the reason we asked.”

The battle hadn’t started yet so the floor was open to anyone and it looked like they had their entire group out there if not most of them.

 “And the other part of that reason?”

“Ah that it’s been far too long since anyone has seen you dance let alone dance with Myungsoo, so we figured it would be nice if we had you in the battle.” I was about to reply when…

“You haven’t gotten rusty have you stranger?”

“For your information…” I turned towards the voice “Dude Eli it’s good to see ya again!” I gave him a short hug before he sat between Zico and I.

“So how’s our girl been?”

Yes Eli knows I’m a girl; there are three members in his group who also know. Them and a select few not including the ones that Sungyeol graciously slipped up that fact to, are the only ones who know. I don’t know how many times I’ve told Eli and the others that they can tell the rest of their group but they refuse saying its more fun this way.

Zico lightly jabbed him in the side “Watch how loud you say that. Anyways Sai is participating tonight so I guess you’ll have to wait and see like the rest of us.”

Eli shot me a concerned look “What do you mean?”

“He’s kind of drawn into himself with dancing, we know he practices but he’s kind of secretive about it now so none of us has really seen him dance for sometime.  About the only person who would remotely know anything more about his dance than the rest of us would be Myungsoo.”

“Ah I see so even more to look forward to tonight.”

“So Eli, where are the others?”

“Right over there” he said pointing to a table across the room. I had to laugh when I saw that they were all looking over here.

“Dorks” I said standing up “Why don’t they just come over here.”  I made my way over to them.

“Hey guys”

“Sai?” I just nodded “Noona!” Dongho gave me a hug.

I should probably tell you Dongho, Hoon, and Xander are the other three who know and Dongho calls me noona all the time so you think the others would figure it out but oh well.

“So you guys just here to watch tonight or are you participating?”

“That depends are you dancing tonight?” AJ asked.

“Yeah, why?”

“Hm I guess we’re watching then”

“You have got to be kidding me. You can’t just not dance because I’m here tonight. That’s one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard!”

Soohyun laid a hand on my shoulder telling me to calm down “AJ leave the kid alone, and Sai we’re just here to watch tonight. None of us had any plans of joining the battle tonight.”

Eli walked over and poked AJ in the head “Are you picking on him again?”

“I can’t help it, he’s fun to mess with and it’s been forever since we’ve last seen him.”

“Hey Sai your brothers want you back over there the battle is going to start soon.” 

“Okay, it was good to see you guys again. Maybe catch ya later.”

I made it back to my seat in time to see the main group that was on the floor disperse heading to the balcony leaving behind six guys who would represent their group.

Zico leaned towards me as the music started “The guy on the end with the facial hair is Shindong, the purple cap is Eunhyuk, Black cap is Donghae, the tall one with the darker short hair is Hangeng, the one next to him with the messy hair and white cap is Kyuhyun and finally the one with the red cap is Henry.”

I watched as they danced, wow they were good. It’d be cool to go head to head against them sometime. The entire room burst into applause at the end of the song.

The next group took the floor and I turned back to Zico who was watching me closely. “What?”

“You were watching them pretty intently. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so drawn to another group.”

“Are they new? Why haven’t I ever heard of them?”

“They are definitely not new. They’ve been around for probably as long as we have been. We’ve had the pleasure of battling each other a couple of times but you weren’t there.”

“Okay well why hasn’t anyone ever told me about them?”

“I honestly don’t know.”

He was right about one thing I did feel drawn to them though I don’t know if it was their dancing or because I have a tendency to be drawn to those who are like my brothers and my self. That’s kind of how I became friends with Eli and them they’re all fae.

Hm I wonder… L put his hand on my shoulder “We’re up.”

Pulling my hat a little lower over my face I followed him, Hoya, Dongwoo, Minhyuk, and Ukwon to the floor. Those couple of seconds before the music starts is one of my favorite things about dancing.

--

“So who do they have dancing tonight?” Leeteuk asked.

“Looks like Hoya, Minhyuk, Myungsoo, Dongwoo, Ukwon, and I don’t know who the last person is but they look a bit like Myungsoo and I’m not talking about the clothes” Hangeng said.

“Doesn’t matter who he is, kid’s got skills” Shindong commented.

A few jaws dropped in amazement when it came time for the twins to do their thing. Two people in particular couldn’t take their eyes off of the unknown dancer it was like they were caught in a spell that broke with the thunderous applause when the music ended.

--

Wow I forgot how much I loved dancing with my brothers. We were making our way back to the table when I saw the amount of girls that surrounded it and stopped. So I turned to Eli’s table and saw who was sitting there. Eli caught my eye with an apologetic look. I turned back to our table choosing the lesser of two evils.

Immediately one of them was pinching my cheeks “Who would’ve thought that such powerful dancing could come from this little cutie.”

I grimaced and pulled P.O in front of me before turning to Sunggyu “I think I’m going to leave first.”

“Don’t you want to hang around for the results?”

I looked at those surrounding the table with distaste “I’ll find out later.”  

“Alright don’t be out to late. We’ll see ya at home.”

 I nodded and asked Hoya for his hoodie jacket “Leaving so soon?” Woohyun asked.

“Yeah I’ll see ya back at the house” I said swapping my hat for P.O’s. Now I know that what I’m doing by changing my appearance might not make much sense but it’s kind of become a habit and I also promised HyunJoong that I would at least try to stay out of trouble. I could just as easily change my physical appearance with the bit of power that I have but that can be a pain sometimes.

 I waved to the rest and headed to one of my favorite places. The roof tops. Rooftops especially ones in the city are a nice quiet place to think or dance or my favorite running, I love running across rooftops and jumping the gaps between buildings. Yes it can be dangerous but it’s so exhilarating.