Running

Dancing Among Wolves

 

We had just arrived home after our morning run, which surprisingly all of my brothers got up for this morning. I stood by the wall and watched as they all wrestled with each other. “I can’t believe that over half of you are older than me” I commented while trying not to laugh at their antics.

“Why don’t you join them?” asked a voice over my head.

“Morning to you too HyunJoong” I chuckled. He just gave me a look as I hadn’t answered his question. My eyes still on the others I replied slightly shaking my head “hm not today, where are the others?”

“They’re on their way. You might want to go take a shower while the water is still hot.”

“Yeah I was just about to head up. Make sure they don’t destroy the house?” After receiving a nod in answer I ran upstairs to my room.

***

After my shower I headed back downstairs to a quiet house. I looked out the back door to see all the guys wrestling in the backyard. “Well that’s one way to keep them from destroying the house I guess” I said under my breath as I caught sight of HyunJoong in the fray.

“As soon as we got here Jungmin and HyungJun jumped right in” came a voice from my right (Youngsaeng)

“Yeah and shortly after they tried pulling HyunJoong in, but he made everyone move out there before jumping in himself” said a voice on my left (KyuJong)

I just nodded before motioning them into the kitchen “Coffee?”

“Yes please” they both replied before sitting at the table.

“I’m guessing Rowan and Erin won’t be stopping by today” I said as I started up the coffee pot before sitting on the counter top.

“Afraid not” KyuJong said “She still won’t let any of them near this place, which is absurd because we’re all one pack whether she likes it or not.”  Youngsaeng nodded in agreement.

“Are they well at least?” I jumped off the counter to grab mugs.

“Yeah everyone is fine and they asked us to pass along their greetings to you” YoungSaeng answered.

“That’s good” I said as I joined them at the table with our coffee. Lost in thought my hands tightened on the mug in front of me.

This of course hadn’t gone unnoticed by the other two. “We know what you are thinking but its best not to dwell on this” Kyu said pulling me from my thoughts.

“I know but this is beyond ridiculous! She thinks she is punishing me by doing this but I’m not the only one this is affecting. I don’t care if she was brought up in a proper pack! HyunJoong is top Alpha because he is the oldest, just because she is his mate doesn’t mean .”

“Sai” Youngsaeng stood up and put a hand on my shoulder “You need to calm down.”

“I am” I said moving away from him “Its just sometimes I think it would be easier if he would get rid of her and find a new mate or at least let us fight it out and settle things.” 

The others came in and immediately stiffened feeling the little bit of tension that was in the air. “What’s wrong?” Sunggyu asked.

“Nothing, I’m going for another run” I said as I weaved through them snatching Dongwoo’s hat and wearing it before walking out the door.

“Myungsoo, follow her” and he slipped out the door after me.