Unwell...

Dancing Among Wolves

 

Text from L *Where are you? You’re not in our spot*

*Doesn’t matter I’ll be there shortly* I replied.

I suppose I should give you some background as to what happened earlier. For starters I have fourteen brothers, half of which are actually our cousins that our parents adopted… hmm possibly more on that later. Then there are our five older cousins. That would be HyunJoong and them. They all have mates well except for Baby because he hasn’t found his yet.

That aside for a bit the 20 of us plus their mates make a pack and within our pack there are at least five alphas. Not possible right? Wrong. My seven brothers and I have this calming effect that comes from the bit of fae blood on our mother’s side. The known Alphas are HyunJoong, Sunggyu, Hoya, myself, and Zico.

As you can see our pack is definitely not a traditional pack, we are far from that. HyunJoong is the top Alpha because of age and because we’re all family all of the Alphas have a bit of say. Well HyunJoong’s mate doesn’t like the fact that in all reality I outrank her even though she is his mate. She is from a traditional pack so in her mind I should practically be groveling at her feet. Ugh yeah right! Even if I wasn’t an Alpha that still wouldn’t happen. So in other words she despises me and refuses to stop by the house and has restricted the other three mates from visiting also.

***

I walked up to L “Where did you… wait why do you look like Dongwoo hyung?”

I shook my head back to my own face “Sorry I hadn’t even realized that happened. Must’ve been a slip.”

He frowned “That… never happens. Are you feeling okay?”

“I’m fine, just got a little worked up over Hyungs’ mates.”

He gave me a skeptical look and felt my forehead before I could move out of his reach. “Are you sure that’s all, cause you feel a bit warm.”

“You do realize I just got done running right?” I asked swatting his hand away.

“Whatever you say sis, but if you’re not well one of the others will pick up on it.”

“Yeah yeah I know” my hand flopped “C’mon lets head back.”

***

We walked back in to find everyone at the table “Yay we can eat!”

 I joined them by the table as L took his seat “you didn’t have to hold lunch for us” I commented while placing Dongwoo’s hat back on his head. Jungmin pulled out the seat next to him and motioned me to sit.

“No thanks I’m not hungry” I said turning to head to my room, “Sai sit” I turned back to Sunggyu and gave him a questioning look ‘are you seriously pulling rank over this?’ in which he just pointed to the seat.  -Ugh older brothers- I took my seat next to Jungmin and just sat there while the others dug in, well that is until I received a sharp jab in the side from Minhyuk who was sitting on the other side of me.

“What?” I mouthed to him while rubbing my side.

He jerked his head and I looked up to see not only Sunggyu watching me but HyunJoong and Hoya as well. Rolling my eyes I grabbed two apples from the bowl in the middle of the table. Putting one in the pocket of my shorts and taking a bite out of the other one, I grabbed my glass of water and without a word left for my room.

__(pov)

“Well that explains why she didn’t join in this morning” HyunJoong said looking at Sunggyu.

“Myungsoo did you know?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yeah when we met up she had unknowingly taken Dongwoo’s form and played it off as a slip, though that never happens especially with the control that she has. Thought she had a slight temp also but she played that off as well. From running and said she was fine.”

“We all know she loses her appetite when she is sick. After hearing that I’m surprised that she didn’t even try to hide the fact like she usually does” Hoya added.

“Um where did P.O and SungJong go?” Sungyeol asked.

“Where else but to take care of their precious noona” Jungmin supplied “actually make that noona and Dongsaeng, HyungJoon went as well.”

***

 

There was a knock at my door “Go away” I groaned. Then the whining started. Opening the door I saw not two but three wolf forms: the two youngest of the family and the youngest of the older cousins. Who at times acted like he was younger than me even though he was on the older end of the age spectrum in the family.

The younger two my hands and before I could utter a word Hyungjoon was nipping at my ankles telling me to go to bed. I did as told and the three still in wolf form curled up next to me.

When I woke up I was alone and the last thing I remembered was hearing someone whining.  When I went to get out of bed my legs gave out and someone caught me –caught me? Huh guess I wasn’t alone like I thought- “Easy there, you’ve been out for two days” Hoya steadied me.

“Two days!?” my eyes bugged.

“Yeah gave everyone quite a shock” he chuckled.

“But I felt fine and I feel fine… well except for my legs at the moment.”

“Whatever it was it snuck up on you and hit you hard, you had a pretty high fever there for a while.”

He handed me a change of clothes and I changed in the bathroom. I came out stretching and testing my legs “I’m gonna be tackled when I go downstairs aren’t I?”

“Yup” he replied trying not to laugh.

I groaned “Who is all home?”

“Everyone.”

“May as well get it over with” the second my foot touched the ground floor that’s when the chaos started.

“Noona!” P.O, SungJong, and HyungJoon rushed towards me.

I leapt onto the banister out of their reach “HyungJoon, how many times do I need to tell you not to call me noona especially since you are older than me?”

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Sungyeol and Ukwon trying to sneak up on me. So I flipped off the banister and ran out to the front yard only to run into Kyung who smirked thinking the game was done.

That is until I pushed him into Sungyeol and Ukwon, however my freedom was short lived when Zico tackled me to the ground. Though I immediately got the upper hand and pinned him with a smirk. He smirked in return and that was the only warning I had before I was pummeled from the side which resulted in a tumbling wrestling match between my twin and I.

We rolled around the yard for a bit before he pinned me (by the way he is one of the few that have ever been able to pin me in a wrestling match.) I groaned “L I thought you were supposed to be on my side?”

All he did was smirk and before he could say anything the weight on top of me increased dramatically as Kyung, SungJong, Zico, P.O, Sungyeol, HyungJoon, and Ukwon dog piled us while the others just stood back and laughed.

“Will someone get these overgrown pups off of me!”

Still laughing Hoya, Minhyuk, Dongwoo and KyuJong walked over and pulled the others off of me.

Dongwoo offered me a hand and pulled me up “You know you are just as much of a pup as they are” he said chuckling.

“Heh don’t group me with them, well at least not with HyungJoon he should be in a class all on his own, especially since he is way older than the rest of us ‘pups’” that got everyone laughing.

HyunJoong hugged me from behind. “Guys, need I remind you she just woke up after two days of being sick?” HyungJoon and the younger guys bowed their heads in apology.

I had to laugh at that “Guys its okay I’m fine and it was fun” my stomach chose that moment to speak up and quite loudly at that I might add. Everyone was laughing.

“C’mon lets go find you something to eat” YoungSaeng grabbed my hand and we all went back inside.