Final battle

Dancing Among Wolves

 

“Would you sit down or something, it’s going to be fine” Myungsoo said and I face planted on the couch.

Jaehyo walked into the room “What’s wrong with her?” he pointed at me. I curled onto my side, back facing them “I’m gonna get Zico” and with that he ran out of the room only to be replaced by Zico moments later.

 “What’s wrong?!”

 “Calm down Zic, she’s just nervous about tonight.”

“The battle?”

 Myungsoo nodded.

Zico sighed and made me sit up. “You don’t get nervous when it comes to dancing. So tell me what’s really bothering you.”

I tugged at my hair a bit which now hung just past my shoulders.

“I see, you’re not nervous about the battle but what could happen afterwards.”

“Yeah pretty much.”

“Don’t look so down” he chuckled “Do I need to get Sunggyu for a pep talk?”

I shot off the couch “Absolutely not.”

 I left the room to question the household “Does anyone have an oversized T-shirt I can borrow for tonight?!”

There was a tap on my shoulder “Here you go Noona it’s one of Seungyeol hyung’s” P.O handed me a shirt.

“Thanks.”

“Thought you guys were wearing hoodies tonight?”

“Yup, still are. I’ve got a thin hoodie that would work for layering.”

“Kay. Let me guess your outfit.” He gripped his chin in mock thought “Layered hoodie look with shorts and your trademark suspenders, topped of with a hat and most likely your boots.”

“Wow you’re good” I said with a slight smirk “Trademark suspenders huh? Do I wear them that often?”

“Mostly when you dance, but yeah I guess so.” We turned the corner and SungJong was there.

I eyed the phone he was holding out to me “Who is it?”

“Your mother, he said something about make up.”

“That’s okay, I’m not wearing makeup tonight, you can talk to him.”

SungJong chuckled and held the phone away from his ear “He says otherwise and that it’s only eyeliner.”

 I rolled my eyes “Tell him that if he wants to see his daughter’s eyes tonight that makeup is out of the question or I’m wearing sunglasses and they won’t be coming off.”

“You win.”

“That’s what I thought” I said as I made my way to my room.

--

Word must’ve gotten out about the tie break, the club was packed. It looked like almost every group was here, not that it was a problem as all venues, clubs and bars were neutral territory and most groups were peaceful anyways.

Kyung leaned over to me “I’m willing to bet that the majority are here because Kangin and HyunJoong said they had an announcement to make.”

“No bet” I replied “That’s definitely why they’re here.”

“I’m just surprised our tables are still open, what’d they do reserve them?” Woohyun cut in.

“Probably, come on lets go sit down. We’re calling attention to ourselves just standing here.” Jungmin pushed us towards our tables.

“It doesn’t help that the entire pack is here tonight.” I commented and slouched in my chair.

“Do you think they’re here yet?” Seungyeol asked.

I couldn’t stop the giggle that slipped out and everyone at the table turned to me. “No doubt they’re here. But everyone’s been charged with keeping Eunhyuk, Zhou Mi, and Heechul away from me until the dance battle. Kangin’s orders.”

The guys laughed “Your mother too?”

I nodded “I think that was dad’s idea.”

 

I was getting up to get drinks when “Hyung!”

“Heya Mir” I grinned “Uh mind getting down?”

“Oh yeah, sorry” he said as he hopped off my back. “There’s a lot of people here.”

 “Sure is” I said “Why don’t you come help me with the drinks?” “So” I said handing him a tray “are you here for the battle or announcement?”

“The battle… wait there’s an announcement tonight? No wonder there’re so many here.”

“Yup, I’m sure Seungho knows about it. But don’t worry it’s nothing bad” I ruffled his hair before making our way back to the table.

We had visitors; I jumped on Eli’s back after I set the tray down. He chuckled “Someone’s clingy today, what about…”  

“One: they know you and I don’t care right now and two: they’re being held at bay until the battle.”

“All the same I’d rather not have my head ripped off” he set me down.

“They wouldn’t do that.”

“We’re up” L grabbed my arm as we headed for the balcony while Hoya, Dongwoo, Minhyuk and U-Kwon took their positions on the dance floor. The music started and we let ourselves fall backwards from the second floor earning a loud gasp from the audience before we kicked off into back-flips and landed securely on our feet in front of our brothers triggering the next sequence of moves. We were all breathing hard when the music ended.

We cleared the floor, it was their turn now. They were flawless I wouldn’t be surprised if they won. When their music ended we were called back onto the floor. As the audience were the ones who called for the tie break it was left to them who won.

It happened so fast, all the cheering then Eunhyuk took me by the waist. “I think congratulations are in order” he said as he kissed me and removed my hat. This earned the second loud gasp of the night coming from most of the girls in the room.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck “Can I have my hat back please?”

“Only if you leave your hair down” he chuckled and I nodded.

There was a tap on my shoulder and Eunhyuk growled. I turned around “What do you want Taec? Are you even supposed to be talking with me?”

He smiled “Only when you have people with you, besides I’m being watched” My eyes went to the balcony and sure enough there was Nichkhun. He lightly bowed his head in greeting which I returned before turning my gaze back to Taec.

“I wanted to apologize for the last time and to let you know that I’ve found someone so other than being ordered to leave you alone I will leave you alone.” He started turning away but I stopped him “Taec, Thanks for saving me back then.”He nodded and walked off.

Suddenly a kiss was placed on my neck and I was lifted and spun around “Zhou Mi!”

“Congrats” he set me down and I murmured my thanks before heading back to the tables. Taking the water that was offered to me, I joined the rest at the tables.

“There’s going to be some dancing before the announcement, wanna join us?” Jungmin asked me.

“Nah” I shook my head “Ya’ll go ahead, I’m just gonna stay here for a bit” I watched as a bunch of the guys left for the dance floor.

“What are you planning?” Zhou Mi asked softly.

 “Nothing, just don’t feel like dancing in that mob out there” I looked at him and Eunhyuk “You don’t have to stay here with me. Go dance if you want.”

They glanced at each other “We’re fine sitting here with you.”

My twin started to laugh and I kicked him.

There were too many eyes on me so I decided it was time to leave. Unfortunately I didn’t get too far as HyunJoong pulled me back “Where do you think you’re going?”

“Most likely home.”

He shook his head.

“Why not, you don’t really need me here for the announcement and there are way too many eyes on me for comfort.”

He sighed “It’d be nice to have the entire pack here for the announcement” he glanced at Kangin “but I guess you can go.”

“Take Zhou Mi and Eunhyuk with you” Kangin pitched in. Eunhyuk picked me up “Hey!”

“We’re going back to your house right?” he grinned.

“Yes, but I can walk on my own thank you very much.”

“Put her down.”

“Thanks, we’ll see everyone back at the house then?” Kangin nodded and we waved goodbye.       

--

“Wow this place is a mess” Eunhyuk said as soon as we walked in the door, I elbowed him “What do you expect, we’re in the midst of packing” I kicked one of the many boxes out of the way.

“Besides I’m sure it doesn’t look any worse than your place.”

Zhou Mi laughed “She’s right.”

I sighed looking at my phone “Everyone is coming over for pizza and take out… it’ll be an easy clean up I guess.”