Injured

Dancing Among Wolves

 

I was resting, taking a breather and I hadn’t yet taken the chance to take in my surroundings to see what part of the city I was in.

“You run pretty fast for a girl.”

I stood up “What are you doing here Taec, and how did you follow me?”

He stepped out of the shadows “A guy can’t talk to a pretty girl like you?”

“Are you drunk?” I stepped back.

“Yes, on your scent.”

Ugh well that explains how he followed me “You’ve wanted me ever since you found out I was a girl, but you can’t have me.”

“Wanna bet?” he lunged for me and I jumped roofs only to be caught by Chansung and Junho “Shouldn’t you guys be back at the battle?” I struggled.

“Taec was right you do smell good.”

Damn vampires, I broke from their grasp and ran again only to trip. I looked down at my ankle to see that one of them had tied a rope around it. Chansung and Junho picked me back up to face Taec “The little wolf girl isn’t so strong by herself” he said tracing my face.

“Let her go!” We all looked in the direction of the voice and saw two figures standing there I recognized one of them from the battle.

“We don’t answer to you, so why don’t you just run along” Taec spat back at them.

“No but you do have to answer to me, let her go guys.” Standing behind Taec were Nichkhun, Eli, Xander, Junsu and Wooyoung. Chansung and Junho immediately let me go and untied the rope from my ankle.

 I tried walking away from them but my ankle wouldn’t support me and I fell however the guy that I didn’t recognize caught me “Thanks”

“How could you guys do that to her?” Nichkhun was scolding them and turned to Taec “You I’ll deal with at home.”

“Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi can you guys take care of her? I’ll inform her family where she is and that she’s safe” Eli said, they nodded. Everyone split up, leaving. Zhou Mi, who was the one who caught me I guess, put me on Eunhyuk’s back and we were off.

“Your dancing was so powerful why didn’t you fight back?” Eunhyuk asked breaking the silence.

“I wasn’t expecting to get caught when I jumped roofs to get away from Taec. The second time I tried to get away they did this to my ankle and I promised HyunJoong that I’d try to stay out of trouble tonight. Ugh he is gonna be so sore when he finds out” I was not looking forward to that confrontation at all.

“Can I ask you two more things?”

“Shoot”

“Alright what’s your name and what’s the story with Taec?”

“It’s Sai and the thing with Taec is that I don’t mind people knowing my gender, if people think I’m a guy let them think I’m a guy. I find it makes things easier when dealing with people, like it’s easier to brush off or avoid unwanted attention from women than it is brushing off or avoiding unwanted attention from guys when they know I’m a girl.

And Taec, I don’t know how but he had become addicted to the scent of my blood but the idea of me being a guy had kept him at bay until one night when one of my brothers slipped up and now Taec and the rest of 2pm know I’m a girl. Your back is really comfortable…”

“I think she fell asleep” Zhou Mi said.

“That’s fine, we’re home anyways” Eunhyuk replied.

 

--(POV)

 

They walked in the door, surprisingly everyone was already home. “Wook can you get the first aid kit and meet us in our room?” Zhou Mi asked. They went to their room and Zhou Mi helped Eunhyuk put Sai on one of the beds.

Ryeowook came in with the kit “Kangin wants an explanation” was all he said before going back to the others.

Zhou Mi took care of wrapping her ankle “I’m fairly certain that it’s broken, either she can’t feel it or she’s pretty tough. She hasn’t shed a single tear over it.”

Hangeng came in with a bag of ice “Wookie said that by the looks of it you would need this.”

 “Thanks we’ll be right out.”

They started explaining things the moment they joined the others in the living room. “You know what happened at the club.” Everyone nodded. “Eli asked us to help and we found her on a rooftop cornered by Taec, Chansung, and Junho” Eunhyuk started.

“Her?! You mean mystery dancer is a girl” everyone shouted.

“Yes and her name is Sai, anyways Eli asked us to take care of her and he would let her family know she was okay.”

“What did you say her name was again?” Kangin asked.

 “Sai. Why?”

“We’re gonna get a visit from HyunJoong tomorrow” this only confused everyone. “Well we’ll deal with that tomorrow, everyone should go to bed” though he grabbed Zhou Mi and Eunhyuk. “Except for you two, no way am I letting you sleep in your room tonight.”

 “What why?” they protested.

 Kangin smirked “We all saw the way you were watching her dance tonight, you’re both drawn to her. So unless we move her to another room, you ain’t sleeping in yours. So why don’t one of you sleep in Siwon and Kibum’s room and the other go sleep in Donghae and Sungmin’s room.”

They did just that –not like they really had a choice- Zhou Mi went to the first room and Eunhyuk went to the second.

“Leeteuk can you check on her, I’m gonna make sure everyone’s in bed.”

 Without a word Leeteuk went into Eunhyuk and Zhou Mi’s room where Sai had shifted to her wolf form and was currently at her ankle.

“Sweetie it’s not good to shift with broken bones” she stopped nursing her ankle and looked at him with tired eyes. He saw the power that was hidden behind the tiredness. “You’re an Alpha aren’t you?” he asked sitting on the edge of the bed. She inclined her head.

“Anyways you should shift back, broken bones heal best when in the form you were in when they broke.” She changed back and winced. “I’ll get you some more ice for that.”

“Thanks.” When he came back he rewrapped her ankle “How did you know I was an Alpha?”

“You hid your presence well but I could see it in your eyes.”

“I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but you know how our hearing is, I heard someone say HyunJoong was going to come by tomorrow.”

“Yes, that was our Alpha Kangin. I’m his mate Leeteuk” he said with a soft smile.

“Everything is going to be okay right? I mean they won’t fight or anything, will they?” Leeteuk and Sai turned towards the door when they heard a soft chuckle.

 Kangin walked over to them. “Don’t worry little one, HyunJoong and I are friends and even if we weren’t I don’t think anything would happen with you around. Hm fae blood sure does interesting things.”

There was a rustling at the door “What do you mean by that?” Henry asked.

 “I thought I told everyone to go to bed.” Kangin raised an eyebrow. “I know you are all up may as well drag your scrawny asses in here.” Sai giggled as she watched the rest of the house hold file into the room.

“Since it’s your pack I’ll be talking about, feel free to correct me on anything alright?” he told her “You guys know HyunJoong’s pack. Some of you are even friends with some of them. What you might not have known is that they have five alphas –that we know of.” Sai interjected.

“Yes that they know of. Anyway the pack is made up of her five older cousins, Sai and her seven brothers, and Sai’s seven other adopted brothers who are actually her cousins. Sai and her real brothers are part fae but only a small portion; this causes them to have a calming effect on those around them which allows their pack to have more than one Alpha.”

“HyunJoong is one of the Alphas obviously. Who are the others?” Eunhyuk asked trying not to stare at Sai in fear of being teased by the others later on.

Kangin gave her a questioning look. He knew who their Alphas were, he just wasn’t sure he could share that information.

“Age: it goes HyunJoong, Sunggyu, Hoya, myself, and Zico.” Sai told them and yawned.

“Alright, everyone go back to bed you can talk to Sai in the morning.” Collective grumbling was heard as the guys went back to their rooms. Kangin and Leeteuk made sure Sai was set for the night before they headed to their own room.