The real Hero

Last Flight ===HIATUS===

Both Kims kept their silence until they reached the dressing room assigned to Hero. Key watched as Hero weakly take a seat before he spoke, “what happened earlier hyung?”

“Key, can we not talk about this?”

“You snapped at YunHo hyung because you felt guilty didn’t you?”

Hero suddenly looked up, surprised at the younger one’s perceptiveness and he found Key seriously looking at him.

He bit his lip and looked away, “No… Siwon was right, he shouldn‘t have touched me… I-”

“Don’t lie to me hyung… I know you enough by now to tell whether you are lying or not.”

Hero sighed deeply before answering the designer‘s question, “Siwon, he was with me when I was lost and I just felt that I can’t let him down earlier.”

Key uncrossed his arms and squeezed the older one‘s hand, “Hero hyung listen… I do understand that you feel indebted to us for helping you and letting you get back on your feet but that does not mean we ask for anything in return. Before Heechul hyung trained you as a model, remember he asked for your thoughts first. Granted that hyung has his own way of asking but you know what I mean.”

Hero nodded and Key handed some tissues with a small smile on his face, “what I’m getting at is… you don’t need to throw away the possibility of finding your past because of us. With what I saw earlier, YunHo hyung could be the key, no pun intended, to find out who you really are. Say, did you feel anything when he held you?”

“I- there was a feeling of security and familiarity but… I don’t exactly remember anything… it was just some feelings I couldn’t exactly pinpoint.”

“See what I mean? What if you knew him before you lost your memories? Couldn’t that help you know your past?  Besides,  I don’t see anything wrong with trying to get close to YunHo hyung…unless you already have feelings for Siwon hyung and you don‘t want to complicate things further.”

Hero’s doe eyes widened and looked down blushing, “I’m not sure… I thought I did before today but…”

Key grinned, “But YunHo hyung’s arms made you think otherwise? Ah actually I feel envious… if only he did that to me…”

“Yah Kim Kibum! What would Jinki feel if he heard you?!”

“He would probably lock himself in his room and eat chicken all night until I assure him I love him more the next day.”

Hero finally laughed, “I think he probably would… should I apologize to that guy?”

“His name is Jung YunHo so call him that and no, not apologize because you only said what was on your mind at the time… at least just hear him out and from there then it’s your call.”

“It feels weird asking for advice from someone several years younger than I am…”

Key waved it off and smiled, “its all right hyung… I’m not called Almighty Key for nothing. So now, let’s go and fix you so we can continue with the photo shoot.”

Key helped the now smiling Hero with his makeup and wardrobe for the pictorial… just as Changmin informed Key beforehand; the three were in their positions for the shoot even before the thirty minutes he asked for was up. YunHo was adjusting the lens of his camera while Yoochun and Changmin each stood on his side ready to assist the photographer during the shoot.

Hero couldn’t take his eyes off the photographer’s face as he was concentrating on the camera he was going to use. Deep inside, Hero thought that maybe Key was right, that it won‘t hurt to at least hear YunHo‘s side.

After a few minutes of shamelessly staring at YunHo to get his attention, the photographer looked up and a pang of pain as well as guilt struck at Hero’s chest when YunHo’s eyes he was looking at became dull and lifeless… very much different from the warm and loving brown orbs he gazed at earlier.

“Kim-ssi, if you could please go to the set please so we can finish early…”

Hero looked at Key who nodded before he walked towards the mini stage. YunHo gave short and straight instructions and whenever Hero tried to make a casual conversation with the photographer, either Changmin or Yoochun magically appears to discuss something.

Hero groaned loudly once he came back to his dressing room for the second to the last shots… Key gave his hyung a sad smile, “I’m sorry Hero hyung…”

“No… its my fault… I shouldn’t have snapped at him earlier. But what’s with those two guys? They won’t even let me speak a word to the photographer!!!”

Key sighed, “his name is YunHo… you can start by remembering his name. You can’t call him photographer forever. The two guys you are referring to are the most important people in YunHo’s life. The tall one is Shim Changmin, you probably have heard of him since he is a model himself.”

Hero turned around real fast; eyes widened and mouth agape… “You mean that tall, evil guy is the fast rising model Changmin???”

Key laughed making the older one pout, “yeah… I told you to check fashion magazines often.”

“But I don’t like looking at those stuff… besides, Heechul hyung said to check those for the latest fashion and the last I checked… the Kim-Han creations are still leading so what’s the use of checking?”

Key sat across Hero and smiled, “that is why Heechul hyung loves you very much… you always tell the truth… anyway, the other guy… the one you had a word spat with is Park Yoochun or Micky Park as known in the entertainment industry.”

“Whaaaaaaat?! That ill mannered guy is the composer of Dongbangshinki’s Fox Rain!!!”

“I guess I have to ask Heechul hyung to force you to join more of his parties… you don’t know much about the industry.”

“Yeah okay… wow… I never even guessed those two were famous…”

“They just don’t act like it but even YunHo hyung is famous in his own right… his photos are known internationally under the name ‘U-Know’”

Hero nodded, “I’ve heard of that name… he won a Pulitzer for several photographs didn’t he?”

The younger Kim continued  sending a message with his mobile phone as he answered the other’s question… “Yeah, plus several other awards too…”

Their talk was interrupted when one of Key’s assistants brought the clothes and props Hero was supposed to wear for the next shoot. As Key thanked his assistant, Hero suddenly stood and walked over the clothes rack that was just brought in… he touched the soft feathers and a feeling of déjà vu washed over him…

“Key-nim, we need to start dressing up Hero-nim for the last shots…”

Key looked up and smiled at his assistant, “All right Nicole… thank you.”

Hero excitedly took the props and started getting ready for the last shots of the day, as much as he was disappointed for not being able to talk to YunHo… a part of him inside is calmed down when he saw what he was supposed to wear.