Reunions and tears

Last Flight ===HIATUS===

YunHo expertly parked the car in front of his house and took out Hero’s bags. He was about to walk towards the door when he noticed that Hero did not budge from the car.

“Jae-Hero? Is anything wrong?”

Hero seemed to have snapped out of his trance and smiled weakly at the photographer, “I…its nothing. Yunnie, have I been here before?”

YunHo opened the door and smiled, “if I say yes… will you believe me?”

Hero looked confused and YunHo chuckled, “don’t mind me. Come on… you need rest.”

“B-but…”

“No buts. I brought you here to rest and that is exactly what you will do.”

Hero pouted but got out of the car when the photographer opened the door for him. After making sure that the door is closed, the two made their way inside the house.

“Sorry, my place is small. Sleep on the bed. I’ll crash on the sofa.”

Hero placed the tub of ice cream on the table and sat on the edge of the bed as he slowly took in every corner of YunHo’s apartment.

“Arggghhhhh…”

YunHo has just finished lining up Hero’s bags in front of his closet when he heard his guest’s painful hiss, “Hero?”

He found the beautiful male in a fetal position on top of his bed, hands clutching head and sweating profusely…”Hero!!!”

In one motion, YunHo carried the model like a princess and rushed towards the door…”Y-yunnie...”

“I’m taking you to the hospital!”

The beautiful male shook his head, “no… I-this will be gone in a few minutes… just leave me alone for a bit.”

YunHo can see the flashes of pain reflected in the model’s eyes, “No, I’m sorry but you can’t stop me. Not when you look like that.”

Hero gritted his teeth, “I said I’m fine so put me down! What you’re doing isn’t helping me get rid of this head ache!”

Against his will, YunHo slowly released the man in his arms. Hero muttered a whisper of ‘thanks’ and walked slowly back to the bed leaving a distressed YunHo who raked a hand on his hair.

“Yunnie, get me some water… I’m thirsty.”

The photographer nodded and soon returned with a glass of water, an aspirin and a sandwich, “here… eat first then take the aspirin. I’ll go out to get some groceries in the mean time.”

“No! You can’t!”

YunHo raised an eyebrow and looked at Hero weirdly. The model lowered his eyes and YunHo sighed, “Eat and take the medicine after. I can go to the grocery later.”

“Can I come with you?”

“What?! Of course you can’t. You were just rolling around in pain earlier; I can’t let you walk all around the place.”

“B-but I’m feeling a bit better now plus you’ll be with me so I’ll be safe. Yunnie, don’t leave me please…”

YunHo sighed and sat beside the model on the bed, “Don’t worry and just eat first. I’ll think about taking you out for grocery once I make sure that you feel all right.”

Hero smiled wider and YunHo felt like crying at the irony of their current situation. The model took a big bite of the sandwich and his doe eyes sparkled at the delicious taste, “wow Yunnie this tastes absolutely delightful! Where did you buy this?”

“I-er… I made that. It’s nothing special though…”

“Seriously… it’s good! I can eat this for the rest of my life”

YunHo laid on the bed and muttered softly, “I’ll gladly make that every day if I can make you smile like that at me for the rest of my life…”

“Did you say something Yunnie? I was reveling on the taste so I wasn’t paying attention.”

The photographer sat back up and stretched, “I said I’ll make you another one later if you want. That is, if I can get more supplies. Looks like Changmin ate everything again.”

“He’s your cousin right?” Hero asked after taking the last bite of the sandwich YunHo made for him.

“Yeah…one of the two most important persons in my life now. Drink more water and take the aspirin.”

 “The other important person is the one you call Jaejoong… am I correct?”

YunHo stood to make Hero drink the aspirin and then tugged on the model’s arm so he could tuck him in the bed before answering as nonchalant as he can, “no… the second person I’m talking about is my other cousin Yoochun.”

Hero felt pain in his chest and he pulled the quilt closer as he stifled a yawn, “Jaejoong isn’t… important to you… anymore?”

YunHo sat on the unoccupied side of the bed and lightly patted the model’s hair, “You must be sleepy now because of the medicine. Don’t fight it, you need the rest.”

“Yunnie answer my question… I want to hear your answer before I go to sleep.”

“Why?”

“I…I don’t know. I just have this feeling that I need to know your answer.”

YunHo gave Hero’s head one last pat before standing, “it’s probably just curiosity, don’t mind it that much. I’ll just check if Yoochun was able to load all the equipment to the right places. Take your rest.”

The model’s hand shot from under the blanket and grabbed YunHo’s arm, “No! I can’t rest while my chest hurts like it’s going to explode anytime soon because you won’t answer that stupid question!”

“Jaejoong… will always be important to me. Even if he doesn’t think or feel the same way.”

YunHo lightly removed the hand from his arm, “go to sleep Hero Kim. I’ve answered your question.”

As the model’s eyes started to fall shut, he smiled and said, “You know… Key is right. You’re a good man, YunHo. I wish...”

The photographer carefully placed Hero’s hands back inside the blanket and he gave a chaste kiss on the model’s forehead, “if I really am a good man, Jaejoong… I should have already let you go. But I can’t lie to myself anymore than this. Sleep well, my angel. I love you.”

Hero smiled in his sleep and mumbled at the turned back of YunHo who was currently checking his equipment, “I love you too Yunnie…”

_______________________________________________________________________________

Yoochun parked his cousin’s motorcycle and removed his helmet before helping his lover remove his, “come on… they should already be in the rink.”

Junsu grabbed his lover’s hand and tightly, uncertainty mirroring on his eyes…”it’s going to be okay… right? ”

Yoochun lightly patted Junsu’s cheek and grinned, “Yes it is. If it isn’t then I’ll make it okay for you. Trust me.”

The slightly shorter male exhaled deeply and finally smiled, “I think I’m ready Chunnie…let’s go meet the gray winged angel now.”

“That’s my babe…”

Junsu smiled as he watched his lover make sure YunHo’s motorcycle is okay and the helmets are secured when heard a shout from another side of the parking area, “Junsu hyuuuuung!!! Chun hyuuuung!!”

“YunJi-yah! What are you doing here?”

The young chef gave Junsu a quick hug and a high five to Yoochun before answering, “I’m meeting with a family friend and his lover here.”

Yoochun slung an arm around his slightly shorter lover, “where’s my cousin?”

Changmin jogged towards the small group and ruffled both his hyungs hair earning angry swats as response, “why are you looking for me hyung? I know you love me but we have just been apart for a few hours.”

The YooSu pair fixed their ruined hairstyles and Junsu glared as hard as he could at the young model, “Chunnie loves me more... you… you tall person! The only reason he asked is because where YunJi is, 90% chance is that you are there too.”

Changmin pretended to look flabbergasted despite getting a knowing glare from his bestfriend, “I never said he loves me more than you Junsu hyung! How can you even think that?”

Junsu felt guilty and was about to apologize when YunJi hit the taller boy on the stomach, “stop playing around Min. Hyungdeul, I’m sorry but we need to be at the skating rink in a few minutes. We are meeting with HyukJae hyung and my ugly brother already went ahead. I’m glad I was able to see the two of you today.”

“We are also going to the rink to meet with JinKi and Kibum anyway so we’ll be going with you two...”

Junsu tugged at the hem of his lover’s jacket, “Chunnie they might want to have some alone time...”

Yoochun answered with an ‘Oh’ making the younger men look dumbfounded, “What?!”

Changmin suddenly walked ahead leaving a blushing YunJi and the YooSu couple running closely behind...

After a few minutes of running/walking/jogging, the two couples reached the almost empty skating rink. Both Yoochun and YunJi craned their necks in order to find the people they were meeting with while Junsu fiddled with the hem of his shirt. Changmin noticed Junsu’s uneasiness and gently nudged the latter’s shoulder, “duckbutt hyung, are you all right?”

“huh? Oh um… yeah.”

The younger man raised an eyebrow at Junsu’s forced smile but said nothing as he saw Jinki and Key walking towards them, ”hey…”

“Hi Yoochun hyung… Taemin and MinHo just bought some cotton candies but they will be here in a bit. Hi Su hyung… Min hyung.”

Changmin smiled at the younger boys and returned his gaze at his bestfriend who suddenly shouted, “Oi! HyukJae hyung! Here!”

HyukJae and YunJi high fived and hugged a bit, “how are you? How’s the boyband?”

The choreographer gave one of his gummy smiles and ruffled the hair of the slightly younger man, “still famous because of Hae and mine’s awesome dance skills…where’s the little devil?”

“He’s with Sungmin but he should be here soon… where’s your beloved boyfriend?”

“He’s... there he is! Hae here!!”

Junsu’s eyes widened as he saw three familiar faces coming from three different directions…

“Minho hyung?”

“Sungmin hyung?”

“Donghae? Why did you stop?”

Tears fell from Sungmin and Junsu’s eyes as their gazes moved back and forth. MinHo gripped Taemin’s hand and the latter returned a squeeze of his own. HyukJae and YunJi looked at each other and then at Donghae whose tears also started falling…

“AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

The four dropped on their knees, face twisted in pain and their partners rushed to the angels’ side. Yoochun noticed that the people inside the rink are slowly growing in number and he turned to Jinki who nodded, “let’s get them to the private rink.”

Changmin helped Taemin carry MinHo while YunJi helped his brother as HyukJae and Yoochun carried their partners’ bridal style towards the private rink. Jinki’s voice changed into the serious scary Lee heir that he is as he gave instructions over the phone and his partner Key called his bodyguards to scare off everyone who even dared to spare a glance.

“Su? Babe? What’s wrong?”

“Chunnie... my back hurts...”

Taemin cried as he tried to rub MinHo’s back as was now in a fetal position, breathing heavily... Donghae continuously shouted pleas for help while HyukJae tried to calm him down, the same way as Taemin...

“Yoochun hyung! Their wings! They’re coming out!” a panicked Changmin shouted...

“What?!?!?”

Sungmin’s wings were the first to come out after a loud cry. Kyuhyun stumbled backwards into the arms of his brother who was assisting him earlier as the white wings fully flexed. Donghae and MinHo’s wings followed with Jinki yanking his younger brother away from MinHo who was starting to thrash in pain just a few seconds before his gray wings came out. Junsu was the last and Yoochun made sure to hug his lover as close as he can to stop him from clawing at his already bloody back...

HyukJae kneeled in front of Donghae who collapsed in exhaustion, his white wings flat on his back...”Hae really is an angel...”

YunJi stood and dusted his pants, “I can’t see anything different with him though.”

“Ji, Donghae’s wings are out... they are pure white...”

“Oh they are? I can’t see them. ”

HyukJae and Kyuhyun looked at each other then at the Older Cho who shrugged nonchalantly...

Taemin moved the hair out of the unconscious MinHo’s face, “why are MinHo hyung’s wings a different color?”

Yoochun shook his head and patted the youngest Lee’s head, “let’s ask him when he wakes up. Jinki, is it okay for us to stay here?”

“Yeah. I’ve already talked to the owner of the private rink and we are allowed to stay here for as long as needed.”

Changmin crouched and touched Junsu’s white wings, “I never thought I’d see an angel in my entire life.”

“hhnggg...”

Kyuhyun crawled towards the slightly older man, “Minnie...”

“Kyu... my back...”

“You have large gashes because of your wings...”

Sungmin raised himself and chanced a look at his back, “they’ve finally come out... my back has been itching for a while...”

Kyuhyun nodded and smiled at the same time as MinHo sitting up silently while ignoring the pain of his wings when a teary eyed Taemin came into his view, “Taemin... why are you crying?”

“Minho hyung!!!!”

JinKi reluctantly released his brother who ran to the gray winged angel’s arms, “I’m sorry I can’t do anything for you earlier... you were in pain and I can’t...”

“Ssh... it’s okay. It wasn’t your fault.”

“MinHo, do you remember anything?”

MinHo narrowed his eyes a bit as if he was in deep thought before he answered...”bits and pieces Key hyung...I do recognize the other angels now though...”

“The reason why you lost your memories?”

The gray winged angel shook his head and sighed, “Not a clue hyung... I’m sorry.”

“That’s okay... you’ll be able to remember slowly... we just need to mend those gashes of yours... they look pretty painful.”

MinHo shifted a bit so his wings can move a bit out of the way before answering, “It does hurt a lot but I guess this happens when our wings come out.”

Key whispered to his boyfriend, “I don’t see anything except large gashes... do you?”

JinKi shook his head and hugged the younger diva closer, “I don’t... maybe we aren’t fortunate enough... let me just call for some first aid kits honey... watch my brother for me.”

“Do what you need to do hon...”

Donghae slowly gained consciousness and HyukJae immediately assisted him so he can sit on one of the benches, “I feel like I’ve been hit by a bullet train six times...hyukkie, do I look horrible?”

The choreographer smiled at his lover and caressed his cheek, “you’ll always look adorable to me Hae...”

YunJi and Kyuhyun rolled their eyes at the same time, “Hyuk hyung... I never thought you had a romantic bone in that thin body of yours.”

“Shut up evil beings...”

The oldest Cho smirked and cringed at Donghae’s open wound before walking towards the songwriter...

“Yoochun hyung... has Junsu hyung awaken yet?”

Yoochun shook his head sadly and continued hugging his beloved close to him,” he was probably exhausted... let’s allow him to rest some more.”

YunJi sat beside his then quiet bestfriend and asked, “Min... can you see their wings?”

Changmin raised an eyebrow at the whispered question, “yeah of course I do... three has white and the tall boy with Taemin has gray.”

“I can’t see them...”

“huh?”

YunJi sighed heavily, “I said I can’t see them. Jinki and Key doesn’t see them either, I already asked.”

The model ruffled the young chef’s hair and was about to speak when Junsu slowly stirred awake. YunJi and Changmin ran towards the angel in Yoochun’s arms and waited...

“C-Chunnie?”

“Here babe...”

“My wings...”

Yoochun smiled, “absolutely beautiful... fitting for my gorgeous angel.”

The OnKey (JinKey) couple started handing out first aid kits to each of the pairs, “here... Key managed to ask his bodyguards to get them.”

“Should we get them to the hospital? MinHo’s gashes look deep.”

Yoochun shook his head, “it’s going to be hard to explain why we have four guys with gashes and beautiful wings.”

Changmin nodded, “Yoochun hyung is right... for now, let’s do what we can. Jinki, Key... Ji-yah said you can’t see their wings?”

The couple looked at each other and shook their heads at the same time making Changmin scratch his head, “how come I can see them?”

Key thought for a while and spoke, “I don’t think it’s about being pure if Changmin hyung’s collection is to be put in consideration.”

Changmin glared hard at the smirking Key as JinKi and YunJi nodded in perfect understanding, “Min-ah... don’t get offended. What Key said makes sense. What do you think Jinnie-ya?”

JinKi cringed as HyukJae tried to put alcohol on top of Donghae’s open wound... “ow, that should hurt. Er... I think it’s because they have angels as their soulmates... if we think about it carefully... the ones here are partnered with an angel.”

YunJi felt strictness in his chest when Changmin suddenly brightened, “oh... that makes sense. So I’m destined to fall in love with an angel huh... I wonder how she’ll look like.”

Yoochun looked up from applying the medication on Junsu’s back, “don’t be too sure monster cousin of mine... your partner could be a ‘he’ for all we know. Oops... sorry babe.”

Junsu gave a weak smile and murmured a soft “it’s okay...” making Yoochun give his lover a peck on the lips...

“Ew. Not in front of me hyung!”

YunJi wordlessly stood and walked towards the food basket he prepared earlier, “anyone wants to eat? I have...strawberry pie, pumpkin pie, hamburgers, baked potatoes... um... spaghetti with white sauce and my brother’s very own jelly stinger. Oh and I brought Strawberry milk for Hyuk hyung.”

HyukJae smiled, “thank you Ji. I’ll give it to Hae.”

YunJi smiled again and shook his head, “you don’t have to... I brought several. Junsu hyung, Sungmin... um... MinHo? Can you eat?”

The three angels looked at each other and smiled before nodding... Changmin raised a hand and excitedly ran towards his now quiet bestfriend, “I want some too!”

YunJi sent a heated glare to his bestfriend who hid behind his cousin and Junsu, “eep! What did I do to you?!”

The younger Cho shook his head making Sungmin look back at him with a raised eyebrow, “It’s nothing Minnie... my brother and Changmin hyung are just too clueless, it’s starting to get funny.”

“Don’t laugh at your brother, Kyu... he is going through a lot.”

Kyuhyun muttered a soft apology making Sungmin smile when the ground suddenly shook violently. The wings of all the angels gave a loud “whoop” sound effectively hiding them from view and their eyes changed into blue, “Let’s get out of here now!”

“DongHae, what’s...”

“The wingless... they found us!”

Yoochun cursed as the gashes they have already mended opened and is bleeding a lot more. He carried his lover in his arms, “YunJi... Changmin... help carry Sungmin and MinHo! Everyone let’s move, quick!”

YunJi clicked his tongue in exasperation but he followed nevertheless, “Crap! What is it this time?! Why can’t I see a blasted thing!”

Beings covered in black cloak appeared one by one inside the private rink and Taemin screamed,”Hyung! Monsters!”

JinKi gritted his teeth and hugged his brother with an arm while the other is still holding the hand of his boyfriend, “Taeminnie... close your eyes... hyung will protect you.”

“B-but MinHo hyung is...”

“Is okay. YunJi is with him so don’t worry... ”

Donghae squeezed his boyfriend’s hand, “go with them... I’ll cover for everyone.”

Junsu shouted, “NO! You will not do this again Hae!”

Donghae smiled, “Xiah hyung... I’m so glad you’re alive...if anything happened to you and the rest... I could never forgive myself...”

“Hae no!”

“Sorry Hyuk hyung...”Changmin whispered before he hit Donghae unconscious with HyukJae gaping, “come on! We’re out of time!”

Key shrieked when he finally have been able to see the floating beings that were rapidly increasing in number, “Oh my God!!! I’m too beautiful to die early!”

HyukJae slung Donghae on his shoulder and Changmin took MinHo from YunJi before they all ran out of the private rink.

_______________________________________________________________________________

“The kids…they found them…”

Hankyung tapped his friend’s shoulder effectively startling him, “Hyung? Anything wrong?”

The Psychologist Kim-Park Jungsu suddenly stood and placed his glass on the table, “I just remembered something I need to do. I’ll be right back.”

He ran towards his husband and gave him a peck on the lips, “Kangbear... I need to go. It’s an emergency.”

Kangin nodded and patted his partner’s cheek, “I understand. Be careful out there.”

A thin boy almost collided with the psychologist if not for the police’s quick reflexes, “Teukkie umma! I felt them! They’re in danger!”

“I felt their presence too Wookie. Stay here with your Kangin appa and I’ll take care of the rest.”

“B-but...”

Leeteuk smiled, “don’t worry Wookie... none of the angels under my command were born weak.”