Donghae's time to shine...

Last Flight ===HIATUS===

“I-is that you hyung?”

Hero slowly nodded, tears pooling in his eyes, “... I’ve finally found you. I’ve been looking all over for you all this time. I- I thought something happened and... and... aaaaah!!!!”

Hero crouched low cradling his head in his hands as he let out a loud scream. YunHo rushed to the shorter male’s side and hugged him, “Jaejoong... try to calm down... its going to be okay...”

“Y-Yunnie... my head... hurts...”

YunHo bit his lower lip and hugged Jaejoong as close as he can to him, “it’s going to be okay...”

“C-Chunnie... my b-brother... h-he...”

“ssh...” Yoochun hugged his frightened lover and whispered, “Don’t worry babe... YunHo hyung won’t let anything happen to him. I promise.”

Junsu nodded and clung to Yoochun who had a grave look on his face. The other angels moved closer to their partners and both Jinki and Changmin looked down.

Minutes felt like hours and Hero finally loosened his grip on YunHo’s shirt. The photographer peered into the smaller man’s face and caressed his cheek, “are you feeling better now?”

Hero nodded and slowly lifted his head up, “I-uh... why am I here?”

Changmin’s forehead wrinkled as everyone else had stunned looks on their faces, “Hero-ssi... up to what can you remember?”

“Uh... I remember answering the call from Yoochun-ssi using Yunnie’s phone but... but everything is fuzzy after that. Did I um hit my head somewhere? I feel like its going to split into four again.”

The cousins and Jinki exchanged glances and Hero’s eyebrows furrowed once his eyes laid upon Junsu, “Do... I know you? You look awfully familiar but I can’t... remember... ugh...why can’t I remember?!”

Hero started hitting his head in frustration and YunHo immediately captured both his hands, “Stop it! Your memories won’t return even if you hit yourself!”

“B-but...I have to remember... my heart says I have to!”

MinHo walked from behind everyone and kneeled in front of Hero, his hand touching one of the older one’s. “Jaejoong hyung...calm down...its okay...”

“Y-you... who are y...”

The younger angel’s whole body glowed and it slowly transferred to Hero whose eyes slowly closed. A symbol appeared on Hero’s forehead and he floated slowly upwards and then curled into a semi fetal position in the air...

“M-minho! What did you do to him?!”

MinHo smiled at Junsu, “I made him sleep Junsu hyung... if I don’t he’ll exhaust himself. Something or someone seems to be messing with his head and I have a hunch that its got something to do with those things chasing after us earlier.”

Donghae’s eyes widened and he exclaimed, “oh right! MinHo... you are part of the healing team right?”

The gray winged angel nodded and smiled, “I think so. I’m not remembering much yet but I can remember someone telling me something about this.”

“L-look! Something’s coming out from Hero-ssi’s back!”

Everyone’s attention was captured by Changmin’s outburst and true enough, the wings on his back slowly revealed themselves.

“Beautiful...”

Sungmin hugged Junsu who was wiping his tears, “are you okay?”

*nod* “yes... he really is my brother... we really found him,”

Donghae hugged both Sungmin and Junsu, eyes a little teary, “yeah... now we just need to find umma...and... and Wookie.”

The rest of the angels nodded and smiled at each other when they heard something drop from behind them.

“W-what’s that guy doing up there?” “I-is that Hero hyung?”

Key and YunJi are both looking at Hero who was still floating with his wings now out. Jinki and Changmin picked up the dropped apples and placed them on the basket.

“Key... come sit here. Don’t gawk at Hero hyung...”

“B-but...”

“We’ll explain but you need to sit down first.”

Changmin placed the basket of apples on the nearby table and placed his arm on YunJi’s waist as he sat then slowly moved the chef on his lap, “you too.”

Kyuhyun saw the new couple and smirked, “since when did that happen?”

Yoochun chuckled, “just today Kyu... Key can tell you how he confessed later.”

YunJi blushed as he realized where he was sitting, “I can find my own seat Shim. Cho Kyuhyun wipe that smirk off your face.”

Changmin smiled but made no move to release the smaller man from his lap, “Its okay Ji... your brother accepts our relationship.”

The chef crossed his arms and pouted while in Changmin’s arms, “tch... I haven’t accepted your confession yet Mr. Model... and... and... besides... don’t you get to be partnered with an angel? You were excited and all when you said earlier...”

Changmin smile did not falter even at the defeated look YunJi had on his face, “Ji... I don’t care if I won’t see their wings anymore as long as I get to be with you.”

Kyuhyun pretended to gag and stuck his tongue out at Sungmin’s reprimanding glare, “Sorry...Min’s right though, I really am okay with the two of you together. I mean, everybody knows you will end up with each other one way or another.”

The model grinned and hugged his boyfriend tighter making the chef blush harder, “see? So don’t be shy.”

*pout* “I’m not shy...a-anyway, how long is he gonna be up there? Oh and what’s that white thingy on his back?”

Everyone’s eyes widened and turned to YunJi who was sitting comfortably on Changmin’s lap, “hm? Did I say something wrong?”

“You can see his wings?”

“Wings? Those are wings?” YunJi tilted his head a bit and Changmin kissed him loudly on the lips.

“As much as you look adorable when confused, love... yes those are wings... can you see the ones on Junsu hyung’s back?”

YunJi gulped and nodded, “all of them... they’re.... beautiful..”

The angels blushed (except for MinHo who looked down) and smiled, “thank you...”

“I... I never thought I’d see something so beautiful in this life...b-but how? I mean... I have to be partnered with an angel to see wings right?”

Key turned to his boyfriend with a puzzled look, “honey... do you think...”

Jinki nodded in reply when all of a sudden the ground shook violently... YunHo panicked as he worriedly watched his love still suspended in the air. After five minutes, the tremors stopped and Key breathed a relieved sigh.

“Thank God that’s over...”

The angels looked at each other worriedly and a trembling Sungmin spoke, “it’s... not over yet... they are searching for us... and they are getting closer and closer.”

Kyuhyun gritted his teeth as he gathered Sungmin’s trembling body closer “is there anything we can do? I hate feeling helpless!”

Taemin lightly tugged on his brother’s shirt sleeve, “hyung... will the monsters find our house?”

The older Lee gripped his brother’s hand in his and shook his head, “no... I’ll make sure they won’t.”

MinHo patted Taemin’s head and smiled, “we trust you Jinki hyung...”

YunJi took the silent Changmin’s hand in his own as he glanced worriedly at his own brother, “I wish there was some way to conceal their presence. Being together attracts too much attention and yet, I don’t want them to lose each other too.”

“Conceal... maybe there is a way. Donghae hyung, you mentioned that MinHo is part of the medical team correct?”

Donghae nodded, “ah I think I get what you mean... yes... there are other functions for us angels. Some are fighter units, I think Jaejoong hyung, Junsu and umma are part of that team. Sungmin is part of the administration team... they are in charge of general paper works. Me and Wookie...me and Wookie are....”

Sungmin smiled, “intelligence team... you are training to be like Kibummie... the information gatherers right?”

“Yes! Thats it! And... and...barrier... I was taught how to do that. That last time we met the wingless.... I think I tried...but I’m not sure...”

Junsu grinned, “I remember...Hae was concealing all of us but we got blasted while he was in the middle of it and we got thrown to different directions.”

MinHo smiled in recognition and nodded, “yes... I remember it now too. Hae hyung, can you do that again?”

Donghae looked troubled and sighed, “I... I don’t know. I don’t even remember how I did that before.”

Eunhyuk caressed his boyfriend’s cheek and smiled,” I’m sure you can do it... you are the only angel here who can. That must mean something. Besides, I’m sure you can do anything because you are my Donghae.”

The angel blushed and the rest exchanged smiles at the sweetness of the two.

“I-I’ll try....”

Everyone moved away from him to give him space as he started. Donghae stood and closed his eyes... a light came from within him and slowly spread from the living room to all the parts of the house.

“Amazing...”

Beads of sweat trickled on Donghae’s face as the lights continued to flow from his body to lightly cover the entire house.

“Its like the walls are shining...”

Swaying slightly, Donghae smiled at everyone and murmured, “I did it...” before he completely collapsed...

“Hae!”

MinHo immediately took Donghae’s pulse, “he’s okay... just tired himself out.”

Sungmin sighed as he sat on the empty stool beside him, “most of them moved away... Hae did it...we’re safe for now”

“You okay?”

The angel nodded at his concerned boyfriend as he grasped his hand, “thank you Kyu...”

Kyuhyun raised an eyebrow, “for what?”

“For staying with me... with us... not everybody would stick around after knowing that the people they are with are a bunch of hunted angels.”

YunJi stood from Changmin’s lap and took Sungmin’s free hand, “there’s no need to thank us... we care for all of you so naturally we would stick by you all... right guys?”

The others nodded and the disgruntled looking Kyuhyun and Changmin pulled the two apart, “mine.”

“What the?! What’s wrong with both of you?”

Kyuhyun pouted as he hugged Sungmin close when the doorbell rang. Everyone was on alert when a familiar voice echoed from outside, “it’s me Jonghyun! Let me in!”