Wingless...angels... and the dino

Last Flight ===HIATUS===

“Oh its Jonghyun hyung!”

Taemin grinned and almost ran to the door when a serious Yoochun grabbed him by the waist, “hold on...”

“huh why?”

YunHo helped Eunhyuk carry Donghae to the sofa bed, “did any of you tell Jonghyun we are here?”

The Lee’s looked at each other and shook their heads, “but... maybe he just wanted to visit us suddenly... we have been busy the past few days so...”

“Let me in... Taeminnie? Jinki? Kibum? I am lonely... let me in...”

MinHo covered Taemin’s ears and gritted his teeth, “this is not good...”

The light rapping grew louder and the voice on the other side of the door became deeper, “let me in... let me in...”

Junsu raised a hand and conjured a small fireball but Sungmin blocked him from moving forward, “relax... the barrier Donghae created around the place is secure... it is just provoking us to go out or to let it in here. As long as we stay within the barrier, we’ll be okay.”

“B-but what about Jjong? Was he really eaten? Wait... do they eat people?”

Sungmin cleared his throat, “er... not really eat... I guess I should explain what I know about Wingless. I think Wookie or Hae must know more about this but we’ll give you what we know. Wingless are spirits who take on someone else’s soul or body. There are a lot of stories as to how Wingless came about. One of those were that they were once angels who were punished and thrown here on the human realm to think about what they did and prove themselves that they are fit to return to heaven. However, living in the human realm corrupted their minds and their hearts eventually they lost their pure soul.”

Junsu nodded, “another story we heard was that the first Wingless was that of a scorned lover... she was an angel who fell in love with a human man. Thinking they had mutual feelings, the angel ripped her wings and rushed to the man’s house where she found him kissing a human girl. Grief and anguish filled her heart and her soul became corrupted so she can no longer go to heaven. Our mother said she would roam around at night in her empty shell of a body trying to look for the perfect soul... so she can go back home.”

“That’s creepy...”

YunJi nodded and sighed, “I didn’t know heaven have those kinds of stories...”

MinHo shrugged and shared, “what I was told was that the Wingless eat stray angels so they gain their wings and go back to heaven.”

“Minho hyung what would happen if a human get possessed by a wingless?”

MinHo lovingly ruffled the younger one’s hair, “the wingless will take over the human’s body and its soul be devoured. Don’t worry though, as far as we know fighter units have been suppressing activities of the wingless in the human world. ”

“Um... okay...what about an angel? What would happen to the angel?”

The gray winged angel hesitated for a bit, “u-um... well... as far as we know... the um... the wingless... rip the wings off the angel’s back and... taint the soul so the angel either becomes its food or another wingless.”

Jinki came back from his office just as MinHo finished explaining, “I just spoke to Jjong’s mother... he’s in Switzerland right now with his father.”

“Then... he’s safe?”

The oldest Lee nodded and everyone heaved a relieved sigh...”Thank goodness he’s okay...”

“But how did the wingless know about Jonghyun?”

Sungmin massaged his forehead and sighed, “probably read the memories of the people or the place itself... we should all remember that those things are still predators... they would do everything to get their prey.”

Junsu raked a hand on his hair, “all along I thought those things doesn’t have their own will... after all they are just empty shells...”

“Good point Su... that’s what I know too. This is definitely weird. I’m not sure what to do but something tells me we need to report this...”

“To who?”

“I don’t know! But there must be someone who knows about this. This is so frustrating!”

Kyuhyun tugged on Sungmin’s arm and shook his head, “Sit down... being tense isn’t going to help.”

MinHo raised his palm and Hero/Jaejoong who was suspended in the air slowly came down, “hyung has settled down.”

Taemin’s brows furrowed, “Minho hyung... do you think it could also be because the Donghae hyung drove those monsters away?”

*nod* “that could be true too Tae. I am not sure yet but I am hoping that with the barrier in place, no one can tamper with his memories. But as I said, this is still a speculation on my part. I am just an apprentice after all.”

Junsu waited until his brother was safely hovering over the ground in front of YunHo, “he’s going to be okay won’t he?”

YunHo nodded with a smile on his face, “I think he would be.”

Key squeezed his lover’s hand and sighed happily, “I’ve never seen hyung sleep that peaceful before. He would always toss and turn. Heechul hyung would have to hit him twice with a pillow before he wakes up.”

The Cho brothers, Sungmin, and Eunhyuk looked confused while the others shook their heads with a small smile.

“H-hit with a pillow? Wouldn’t his brain be damaged if Hero er... Jaejoong...er... pretty hyung gets hit all the time on the head?”

Kyuhyun smirked at his older brother, “I don’t think so hyung... you’ve hit your head on several inanimate objects but you still look okay. Unless that is how a person with a damaged head looks like?”

“Shuddup you monster! Don’t call me hyung if you are going to malign my person!”

Changmin held the older Cho by the waist as the latter tried to land a punch or two to his younger brother who was smirking, “YunHo hyung... what are we going to do next? We can’t just stay here. I have this feeling that we need to find whoever the angels are looking for.”

*sigh* “I know Min... but where do we start?”

“Ah! Namesake hyung has a police older brother! We at least know their names so probably he can help?”

MinHo cleared his throat, “um... can they help us find them even if we only know them by the names Umma and Wookie?”

Junsu and Sungmin shrugged at the same time and Key rolled his eyes, “I thought angels were supposed to be all holy and positive and all that crap? If all those in heaven would be are like this then Heechul hyung could as well be an Archangel!”

The angels looked down in shame and Taemin hugged Key’s arm, “Key umma... please don’t scold them.”

Key sighed deeply and Jinki nodded at his lover, “I’m not angry Tae baby. I’m just saying that they should act like the angels that they are. You angels should smile and believe that things would be okay because they would be. All we have to do is believe in it.”

Sungmin smiled a little at the young designer, “You’re right...”

*roll eyes* “I know I am.”

Key stood to get his phone from his bag and moved a bit away from the group. Jinki stretched a bit and smiled at his guests, “I’ll just go back to my office for a bit so I can finish the paperworks. I’ll see everyone later?”

Taemin moved closer to his older brother and tugged on the latter’s sleeve, “hyung... I’ll help you.”

The older Lee raised an eyebrow and the gray winged angel smiled, “I’ll come with you both if its okay?”

“Fine. Come on then. YunJi hyung, my kitchen is at your mercy. You can do what you want with it.”

YunJi nodded and Jinki turned to the rest of the people in the room, “please feel free to use anything in this house. Try to relax as much as you can before we get out there again.”