Cute Or Not

Before The Dawn

Woohyun woke up early the next morning. For him, Parents’ Day at school was always special. All the teachers were fond of him and gushed out praises to his father. It gave Woohyun a calm pleasure to see the slightly proud smile on Mr. Nam’s face when he saw his son’s brilliant results. But he'd also get scolded and reported for all the fights he had gotten into with Sungyeol, though thankfully, Mr. Nam didn't think it was a bad thing.

Aaargh, the owl’s still sleeping.

Even though Sungyeol’s leg had been on Woohyun’s torso for the better part of the night, he had slept more peacefully than he had in a long time. He pushed Sungyeol away from him, catching him at the last moment as he threatened to fall off the edge of the bed.

Get up! Why can’t you take care of yourself? Is it because you have too many people to take care of you?

There was knocking at their door. Sungyeol squirmed within the blanket, which meant he was awake.

Good thing Sungyeol is not a log-sleeper like Dongwoo hyung!

“Woohyunnie, get up. Sungyeolie you too. It’s a big day,” Mr. Nam boomed loudly as he knocked furiously.

“We’re up, appa,” said Woohyun, getting up to open the door. Sungyeol ending up in Woohyun’s bedroom was so common that Mr. Nam had taken it for granted that the boys were sleeping together.

“I’m hungry,” Sungyeol said suddenly.

“That’s the first thing you say after you wake up, you fatty,” Woohyun said.

“Shut up. I’m not fat!” Sungyeol denied.

“Woohyun, be nice to Sungyeol,” Mr. Nam said. “And boys get ready. We have to go to the school right away.”

“Er thanks but I’m going home. I don’t want to pick up my results. I’ll send Jungmin hyung for them,” Sungyeol said hesitantly.

“Oh nonsense,” said Mr. Nam. “Don’t worry, they know I’m friends with your dad. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if I collect your report card.”

Sungyeol looked stumped. He looked at Woohyun and then turned towards Mr. Nam, turning bright red in the face.

“It’s ok, Mr. Nam,” he mumbled. “I’m pretty sure the teachers don’t have much to say about me. Woohyun must have won a lot of awards. You should enjoy that.”

“Oh Sungyeollie, I’ll be glad to collect your report card,” Mr. Nam smiled brightly at him.

“Umm, Mr. Nam I can’t go to school in these clothes. And my school uniform from yesterday is spoiled thanks to your son. I have to go and change.”

“Yeah, let him go dad. You want to see his report card? It’s full of more zeroes you can count in a day like always,” said Woohyun, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Woohyun, manners, Sungyeollie, please,” said Mr. Nam with a smile and left the room. Woohyun let out a frustrated sigh.

“Give me back my clothes Woohyun,” Sungyeol demanded.

 “Oh please as if I want them,” said Woohyun, throwing the clothes at Sungyeol. “I’m going to change now.”

The boys dressed, throwing insults at each other now and then until Mr. Nam arrived and scolded both of them. They then had breakfast with Mr. Nam. Although Mr. Nam had always been very kind to Sungyeol, this was the first time he was actually going to collect his report card as his guardian so he was slightly apprehensive.

When they were all set to go, Dongwoo ran out of his room and hugged Woohyun, fully dressed.

“Where do you think you’re going hyung?” asked Woohyun.

“Of course to see all the awards my cute dongsaeng has won this year,” Dongwoo pouted.

“Let him come, Woohyun,” said Mr. Nam.

“When does anyone ever listen to my wishes!” fumed Woohyun. “I can’t believe I’m going to the Parent meeting with two people I wouldn’t be caught dead with!”

“Don’t worry Woohyunnie, I’ll take Dongwoo hyung with me. I’ll tell everyone he’s my hyung,” said Sungyeol.

“Yay, Sungyeollie, you’re sooooooooooo adorable! I wuv you!” Dongwoo shouted and grasped Sungyeol, knocking off his breath.

“Or not,” muttered Sungyeol, quietly enough so that only Woohyun could hear him before packing into Mr. Nam’s car after Dongwoo.