BTD

Before The Dawn

A/N: So all of you took the WooYa bait?

---

 

“You know what, it’s my house but I’ve never been to the greenhouse,” Sungyeol said in wonder.

“Don’t get off-topic,” Woohyun said.

Sungyeol sighed.

I don’t want to talk about it Woohyun, you know I don’t.

Sungyeol remembered talking to Howon about his feelings for Woohyun.

Did he forget so easily?

Howon had even said that Woohyun reciprocated his feelings.

Maybe he was wrong. Or maybe it’s the distance.  I was away while Howon has been there with him, every step.

“So when did this happen? With Howon?” Sungyeol broke the silence.

“October, I think. Around the time when Sunggyu came back after visiting Myungsoo and Sungjong.”

“And are you happy?” Sungyeol almost challenged.

“Why not? Sunggyu’s a great guy, albeit a bit old.”

“Sunggyu, Sunggyu, what does Sunggyu have to do with this?”

“Er…everything? He does, doesn’t he?” Woohyun sounded confused.

Sungyeol blinked.

“What are we talking about?”

“I thought we were talking about Howon’s engagement with Sunggyu.”

“What!?” Sungyeol’s scream echoed around the glass walls.

“Oh God Sungyeol, you owl, I still need to be able to hear things.” Woohyun put his hands on his ears.

“Howon did what? He got engaged to whom? What? What? What?”

“Sungyeol what is wrong with you? Are you suffering from amnesia? We told you in the morning—”

“But you didn’t tell me with whom and I thought—”

“Stop, Sungyeol stop! We misunderstood Woohyun and Howon!” Myungsoo came running through the door, Howon, Sunggyu and Sungjong behind him.

“We-Sunggyu-Howon,” Myungsoo panted, holding his sides.

“What’s going on here? Myungsoo, why did you start running like crazy all of a sudden?” Sunggyu asked.

Myungsoo’s breathing evened.

“Sungyeol and I thought Howon got engaged to Woohyun.”

“What?” It was Woohyun’s turn to exclaim.

“Because both of you were wearing rings,” Myungsoo said accusingly. “How should we know? And the way you acted so shy and embarrassed like newly-weds.”

“I-we were worried because we didn’t tell you first. I mean I told Woohyun but I didn’t let you guys know. And Sungyeol was always serious about the bro code. We should let each other know before getting into a relationship. I thought he’ll be mad at me—”

“Howon, then why didn’t you let me know?” Sungyeol asked, apalled.

“It’s all his fault.” Howon hurriedly pointed at Sunggyu.

“I-I-I…” Sunggyu stuttered. He started to rub his nape. “It’s kind of embarrassing and I didn’t want to go through Myungsoo’s stare and-and I was worried you people will call me a psycho pedo. So I got engaged quickly lest Myungsoo butts in. And I told Howon to keep it quiet. But then he blabbered to Woohyun and I didn’t want more people knowing because of my job…”

“When did this happen? I mean how did you start…everything?” Myungsoo asked weakly.

Howon blushed while Sunggyu said, “Um…I don’t know, it just happened. I was teaching their PhD class—”

“Yuck, you were his professor! You screwed your student?” Sungyeol pretended to vomit.

“Sungyeol!” Howon whined.

“So Sunggyu hyung decided to give him personal lessons and then it happened,” Woohyun said gleefully. “Honestly, I didn’t think you guys would be this dense though. You should have noticed Howon never used to insult Sunggyu hyung. And the way he used to look at him, you’d think Sunggyu hyung was at least a demi-God. Myungsoo, even you missed it.”

“I’m glad I did. I want to be oblivious to this. My hyung and my best friend - ” He shuddered involuntarily.

“See, this is why I told Howon not to tell you guys. You’re being so mean. And if the other Professors know, they’ll give me the eye. You don’t how old Professors can be.”

“You mean old Professors like you?” Sungyeol asked. Woohyun laughed.

“Should I laugh or cry?” Myungsoo asked Sungjong who shrugged.

“Do you now need Sungjong’s permission to do those things?” Woohyun asked.

Myungsoo glared.

“And here I was thinking…” Sungyeol shook his head disbelievingly.

“Sungyeol, I would never!” Howon said.

“I should have known,” Sungyeol smiled. “So, shall we get back to the party?”

Woohyun shook his head a little, a gesture meant only for Sungyeol.

Everyone else nodded.

“I don’t think I can though. This is too much. Howon, you don’t know what you got yourself into, you’ll regret it every day. I’ll go get some sleep in your room, Sungyeol,” Myungsoo said.

They started trailing out of the greenhouse and moving towards the garden.

“Where do you think you’re going?”Myungsoo held Sungjong back.

“To the party, where else?”

“No, that wouldn’t do. You’re coming with me.”

“I thought you wanted to sleep?” Sunggyu asked.

“Yes. I can’t sleep without Sungjong.”

“You’ll do everything but sleep if Sungjong goes with you. I’m not having that. You have the whole night to do whatever you want to Sungjong. For now, I’m taking him to the party.” Sunggyu took Sungjong’s hand firmly.

“No way, take Howon and leave. Sungjong’s mine.” Myungsoo started pulling Sungjong.

“Hyung, there’s no point; he’s as stubborn as hell,” Sungjong said wearily.

“Fine!” snapped Sunggyu and dropped Sungjong’s hand. He put his hand around Howon’s waist shyly. “Shall we?”

“Sure.”

 

Sungyeol and Woohyun were still inside the greenhouse.

“So…” Sungyeol said.

“So…”

“Sorry,” they said at the same time and laughed out.

“What about that French model?” Woohyun asked casually.

“The one I kicked?” Sungyeol asked. They laughed again.

“The ring on my finger…” Woohyun started.

“Yeah, what about it?”

“It comes in a pair. I have the other one in my pocket.”

“Your point?”

“I thought it would look better on your ring finger.”

Sungyeol surveyed Woohyun from head to foot. “Is that your way of proposing to me?”

“Um…maybe.”

“Then I’ll wear the ring…maybe.”

“And then maybe we can go to that brand new restaurant tomorrow, for dinner?”

“Maybe we can.”

“Did you hear the joke about the awkward man who couldn’t find a decent way to propose and just ended up saying will you marry me Sungyeol?”

“Hmm…I don’t remember hearing it, but wait, maybe I will.”

 

When Sungyeol and Woohyun returned, the party was in full swing. There was a lot of noise, most of which emitted from four huge loudspeakers and Dongwoo. He was trying to get Shinwoo to dance. But Shinwoo was looking all bored and yawned frequently, drinking orange juice from a whiskey tumbler.

“Where’s Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked, joining Howon and Sunggyu.

“Sleeping,” said Sunggyu, rolling his eyes.

“This early?”

With Sungjong.” Sunggyu emphasized on the ‘with’.

“You mean doing lovey-dovey yuckies?” Sungyeol asked with a disgusted expression.

Howon shrugged.

“No idea. So is everything alright now?”

Sungyeol showed him the ring on his finger. “Kinda cheap, isn’t it?”

“Thank God, I thought you two will fight each other.”

“Considering Sungyeol’s stupidity, it was pretty easy,” said Woohyun, appearing beside Howon.

“Hey shortface, is that new party heels you’re wearing? The girls are all staring.” Sungyeol retorted.

“Of course they are staring. After all, this face is one in a million.”

“No, I don’t think such ugly faces occur every million. Maybe one in a trillion or zillion.”

“Good to know that everything is fine,” Howon said loudly.

“Er, is this normal?” Sunggyu asked.

“It sure is.” Myungsoo appeared out of nowhere, his hair messed up and his clothes all scrunched up.

“At least straighten your tie,” Sungjong told him in a furious whisper. He looked perfectly groomed.

“Don’t you dare tell me what you guys did,” Sungyeol said, looking away.

“As if there is anything to tell. Sungjongie pulled away before I got to the best part,” Myungsoo grumbled.

Woohyun smirked. “And by the best part do you mean—”

“Shut up!” Howon and Sungyeol yelled. “God, you’re so erted, Woohyun.”

“Let’s not forget our erted friend here. He taught me everything I know.” Woohyun put an arm around Myungsoo. Sungyeol face-palmed and Sungjong shot Myungsoo a disgusted look. “You used to be so nice but ever since we started dating, you’ve turned so erted!”

Myungsoo pouted at Sungjong. “Sometimes, I really don’t get your -like shyness—”

Sungjong stopped him by putting a hand over his mouth, a red tint spreading on his cheeks.

“That’s just a secret you gave away there, Myungsoo.” Woohyun winked at Sungjong playfully.

“You guys are unbelievable,” Sungjong said before stomping off towards Dongwoo and Shinwoo.

“Now you have pissed him off. He’ll be mad the whole night,” Myungsoo said mournfully.

“What a loss,” Sungyeol teased.

“It is, actually. Sungjong has a lot of mood swings. It’s really hard to get him into the mood for—”

“Lalalalalalala!” Howon shouted loudly, blocking his ears with his hands. “I told you a thousand times, not in front of me. He’s my younger brother!”

“I better go check on him,” Sunggyu said worriedly, kissing Howon before leaving them.

There was silence for a while.

“It’s the four of us again,” Howon noticed.

“Yeah, I’m so glad though that we’re back,” Sungyeol said.

“True. I meant it when I said there’s no life without you guys,” Woohyun said.

“We’re back and we’re happy. That’s what matters,” Myungsoo said.

Woohyun got up. “At least we broke through it all. We overcame all our fears and made all the confessions. We needed some help but finally we managed to escape—”

The others joined in. “Before the dawn.”

---

A/N: Anyways, a big thanks to all the subscribers and upvoters. I cherish all the comments that I have received; they made my writing worthwhile. Thanks again.