FIFTEEN

Until I Met You

LEE JI HOON

 

I didn't know what that was exactly.

A few minutes ago I couldn't see anything. It was a scary feeling not being able to see anything. I down played it with Ri An in my office. It had gone away, but the feeling lingered and I wondered if it was all related to stress or if would come back again.

I came out to where my secretary was and asked her to call Jung Ri An back to my office. 

 

A few minutes she was back, this time by herself. She wasn't with Byunghee. 

"How are you feeling now, President Lee?" she took a seat. 

"I am much better, I apologize for earlier. I must really be nervous and stressed out. Boosung hasn't had an event like that in years because of my absense." 

"Makes sense. Allow me to help you" she said. My eyes widened. 

"I can't ask that of you Miss Jung." 

"Please, it would be my pleasure. Plus, this is a very important event is it not? It will draw out future investors. Everything has to be perfect" 

I was shocked she was this interested. 

"I would be most honored but--" 

"I am the women of the hour anyway. Just my talent alone would interest many. But I have a suggestion." 

I raised a brow. 
"Yes?" 

She stood up and looked straight at me. "Consider doing a duet with me, President Lee." 

Now that took me off guard. I was definatly not expecting her to suggest it. 

"Duet you?" I said. She nodded. 

"I am not done." 

The next thing that came out of was enough to knock me off my chair. "I want Kim Changsun to play at the event as well." 

 

What!? 

 

 

Later that day

 

"S-she requested it." Ji Hoon told Changsun. He had told him to meet at this office to tell him about what he had talked about with Jung Rian. 

"And you still have doubts it's her?" he said. 

"Will you do it?" Ji Hoon ignored his question and asked. 

He scoffed. "I don't know what she's planning but I will do it. For her to be so bold as to ask you to duet her and have me play is intruiging, don't you think?" 

"I am not sure, I don't know what to believe anymore" he sat back in his chair and said. 

 

"She wants both of us to meet her at the grand room in a few minutes." Ji Hoon said as he stood up and grabbed his suit jacket. 

"For what?" Changsun didn't leave his chair. 

"If she gave an explaination to everything we would know what she's up to, don't you think?" he said. 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Before the Lee brothers opened the door to the Grand Room they heard the piano. They looked at glanced at each other and went in. 

Jung Ri An was sitting at the piano playing a melody. It was a song that neither of them had heard before. 

They walked closer but Ri An didnt stop or open her eyes. She played so elegantly. Watching her play was like a dream. Her long fingers delicatly hitting the keys, producing such a beautiful melody was so mezmerizing. 

When she finished a single tear escaped her eyes. 

Both Changsun and Ji Hoon's eyes widened. 

 

"I didn't realize I had an audience." she said as she wiped her tear away. 

"You play beautifully." Ji Hoon said. Ri An smiled. 

"I am most honored to recieve such a compliment from you President Lee" 

"That song, I haven't hear it before. Did you compose it yourself?" Changsun asked. Not once complimanting her. 

"This song...is one I wrote for the man I loved." she said. Changsun furrowed his eye brows. 

 

"Is that so?" he said. 

"Yes...it is a beautiful song with many sad memories attached." she sniffeld and stood up. " Anyway, did you think about my proposal?" 

Ji Hoon nodded. "I will duet you." he said. Ri An smiled arrogantly. Then both of them looked over at Kim Changsun. He was still skeptical but decided to do it.

 

 

LEE JI HOON

 

There was something familiar in the way she talked that made Ji Hoon wonder if she was anything like his beloved Ha Na. Earlier, when she played the piano...the way she expressed her feelings through it made him think that she truley was Ha Na. 

She had been a sad girl after Joon had left her...always crying.

 

"This song...is one I wrote to the man I loved.."

 

That kept linering in his mind. 

It was just too crazy. How could Ha Na come back so changed from the last time he saw her? She was so simple back then. 

 

Rian was ambitious and loved money. Ha Na did too. She had another use for it. She wanted to provide for her and Mir. Rian was different. She wanted money for her own greed. She wanted to step over whoever to achieve her goals.