Thirty One

Until I Met You

 

It was already 2 in the morning but I couldn't sleep. I walked downstairs to make myself some tea. 

"What are you doing up so late Ha Na?" Min Woo made me jump. He was sitting in the dining table drinking soju. 

"You think I can sleep knowing my son could be suffering or in danger?" I sat next to him. 

Min Woo stayed quiet. 

"What did you mean when you said that you finding my son would be a reason for you to stay? Why did you come in the first place Min Woo-ssi?" I asked Min Woo. 

"Because your sister brought me here against my will." 

"Against your will? You must really hate me don't you?" I smirked. 

"Would you love you if you were me?" 

I understood his point.

"Hell no." 

Min Woo seemed surprised by my answer. 

"A person like me doesn't deserve to be loved in that way or any way. I am greedy and heartless. I act upon my desires and I stop at nothing to get my way. I step on people, use everyone and once they are to no value to me I throw them away. But that is the way I choose to live. I know I have the choice to change Min Woo-ssi. But I can't. The pain is too great. I can't throw this life away and move to a small town and live a normal life and pretend I wasn't lied to, abused, …I just can't forget about my son Leo. Especially knowing that bastard is living a happy life. I can't. I have the resources to act. I can get revenge!" I cried. All I wanted was for Min Woo to understand. I didn't want to loose him. But I understood if he didn't want to be close to me. 

"There is something you are wrong about Ha Na. Everything you say you are, no matter how much you've tried to embrace this character of Jung Rian…you can never be her." 

My eyes widened. 

"Because the moment you step into this house," Min Woo looked around, "You go back to being Choi Ha Na." 

"What do you mean by that?!" 

"Jung Rain wouldn't be sitting here discussing her fears and worries. She wouldn't try to justify herself for what she's doing. You said so yourself. Jung Rian is a heartless women…she doesn't care about anyone once they become of no use to her. I know that you would never do that to me." 

"How can you be so sure of that? What if you still serve a purpose to me?" I scoffed. 

Min Woo stood up and walked over to the kitchen counter. He grabbed a kitchen knife. I gasped. "What are you doing?" 

"Are you sure I only serve a purpose for you? I am not someone you care about?" 

"Min Woo-ssi..!" 

He raised the kitchen knife and his wrist. 

"Min Woo!" 

"If I am merely a pawn in this game your playing, I am sure loosing me won't be a problem. You can get someone else to serve that purpose you expect from me, right? I am replaceable.." 

"Stop! Min Woo please! Don't be stupid!" 

He began to make a small cut in his hand that trailed to his wrist. 

He was absolutely insane

I ran to him and he raised the knife above his head and kept cutting. 

"Min Woo stop…jebal!!" I cried. 

The cut was deeper and bloodier. "I don't want to loose you! I need you!!" I cried harder. 

"Ha Na…"

He put the knife down and took both my hands and kissed them. "I love this side of you. My sweetest Ha Na….so innocent and pure. Caring and loving. I would do anything for you, so please, go back to being this Ha Na I know and love."