SIXTY THREE

Until I Met You

 

 

 

"Is this Lee Ji Hoon?" The doctor called Boosung. 

"Ani. I am Boosung's secretary Kang So Ra. Who is this?" one of the female secretaries pick up the phone.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Han Young Soo of Seoul Hospital. I need to speak with Lee Ji Hoon immediately." 

 

"Is it really urgent? Mr. Lee is on an important business trip in China." 

 

"Yes, it is." 

"One moment please." she dialed his cellphone. Ji Hoon picked up quickly. "Yeobuseyo?" 

 

"President, I have someone calling from Seoul Hospital. His name is Han Young Soo." she told him. 

Ji Hoon was thinking it was about Ha Na. "Let me talk to him at once So Ra-ssi" 

 

"Yes Sir." she connected him to the doctor. 

 

"Lee Ji Hoon-ssi?" 

"What is it? Is it about Ha Na?" Ji Hoon sounded worried. 

"Yes. Sir I am going to have to ask you to come at once. You're fiancé is not in good conditions." 

 

"What? What do you mean by that?! What happened to her!?" 

 

"Please remain calm President. You're fiancé was involved in a terrible accident. She is at our hospital now" Doctor Han tried to explain to him but Ji Hoon had no intention of calming down. If anything he was getting more agitated. 

"How's Leo? How's our baby!?"

 

"He didn't make it." 

Ji Hoon's eyes widened. His heart stopped. His entire body froze. 

 

"Wh-what?" 

 

"I am sorry for your loss President." 

 

After a while he asked, "And Ha Na? Is she-" he couldn't even talk. He had received such a huge shock he was trying to come back from it. I wasn't working

 

"Choi Ha Na, is…" the doctor continued, "From the shock, and the blood loss…Choi Ha Na is in a coma." 

 

That was it. Ji Hoon couldn't take it anymore.

He was feeling so many emotions all at the same time. He had to sit down. He felt dizzy.

"She isn't going to make it…right?" 

 

"We have hope that she will wake up. It's still a 50/50 chance. You should still come as soon as you can President Lee." 

 

Ji Hoon couldn't believe this was happening. He would take the next flight to Seoul.

 

 

_________

 

The sound of women's heels walking through the floor filled the hospital hallway. It was already late, so there was no one in the hospital except the patients and a few nurses. 

The door to Ha Na's room opened. The one that came in was a that women. She came in and closed the door behind her. 

She was an incredibly beautiful women. She was around her mid 30's. She didn't work at the hospital. From the looks of her features and style, she didn't look like she even lived in Seoul. 

However, she spoke Korean fluently.

 

 

She got closer to Ha Na's bed and sat on the chair next to her bed. 

"Choi Ha Na." she said to herself. "I finally found you."

 

Ha Na remained asleep, not moving. Of course she couldn't…she was in a coma. 

"How did you end up here?" the women grabbed her hand and caressed her hair. 

 

Her hair was long and dark brown. 

Her slim figure made her look like a goddess. 

"You don't remember who I am, right?" she laughed to herself. "Of course you don't. It's been a long time…

I should of came back when they died. I was just so mad at them for what they did…

I'm sorry." 

 

She was pretty much speaking to herself.

"Ha Na-yah…" 

 

The door opened and to her surprise it was Mir. 

 

"Yi Ryeong!??" Mir's eyes widened when he saw who was in the room with Ha Na.

"Cheol Yong-ah…it's been a long while" she said.

 

"…what are you doing here?" Mir asked the older women. He was happy to see her. He went up to her and gave her a big hug. "I-I thought you weren't going to appear in front of Ha Na ever again…"

 

"I can't bring myself to keep being away from her. She's my younger sister, Cheol Yong" 

 

"How did you know she was here?" Mir asked Yi Ryeong. 

"I have been looking for her for a few years now." Yi Ryeong told Mir. "I heard she's engaged to Lee Ji Hoon. Is that true?" she raised a brow in question. 

"It seems so." Mir looked sad. 

 

Yi Ryeong took notice of it. "So where is he? Shouldn't he be here with her?" 

 

"I don't know" 

 

"It doesn't make sense. Why would the President of Boosung be engaged to her? How did she even cross paths with him? 

He is one of Korea's most important men.

….I bet he dragged her into this…"

 

"I don't know what happened but I know it has to do with them" Mir said hatefully.

 

"Them? Who do you mean?" Yi Ryeong was confused. 

 

"It's all my fault noona…I couldn't protect Ha Na. She got tangled with the Lee brothers…" Mir's jaw tighted. 

 

"Lee Ji Hoon and Lee Joon?" she scoffed. 

 

"As hard as it is to believe it…both of them fell hard for her." 

 

 

 "What the hell..

Men like them don't go for girls like Ha Na. She isn't rich, she isn't like the girls they are use to being with. 

They were playing with my sister. If I ever cross paths with those dirtbag responsible for putting my little sister here i will kill them."  

"Noona! What are you saying?!" Mir gasped. He knew what life Yi Ryeong lived. She was involved with gangs and she was the leader of the biggest gang in Korea. She remained on the down low. Mir was one of the few people that knew. 

She managed all her business from France.

If there was anyone that meant their threats it was Choi Yi Ryeong.

 

 

"I'm serious Mir! You must know that I will not sit back and watch my sister lay unconscious in front of me while whoever put her there is out there. I won't just do anything" 

 

"That's what you've been doing this whole time! Ha Na had no idea she had a sister! She was young when your left! She has no memories of you…do you know how much easier it would have been if she did? She wouldn't have been suffering or been alone for most of her life! She wouldn't have ever gotten involved with Lee Joon or his brother! None of this would of happened!" Mir yelled at her. Yi Ryeong was surprised. 

 

"Do you think it would of been easier for her to know her sister was involved with gangs? That's why my parents kicked me out when I had turned 16. I was only trying to make a living for all of us…

They had rather starve then accept the money I was making.

Everyday I got beaten up…but I didn't care. But you know why I accepted it? Because I wanted to Ha Na to eat everyday…I didn't want her to grow up working at a young age like I did. I wanted her to go to school and become someone great. 

For wanting that, our parents threw me out and disowned me.  

You could blame this all on me but in the end I left because I didn't have a choice. 

When they died, I could of gone back but I saw her living so well with you. I couldn't let her find out about me..about the dirty things I had done to be alive. That's why I told you to look after her. I trusted you Cheol Young-ah…

I know I have no right to be mad at you when it was my responsibility to take care of my own family but at the time I couldn't…I just couldn't Cheol Young.."

 

 

Mir was quiet. 

"Now that I found her I will take her with me to France." 

 

"France!? You can't take her! Noona you-" 

 

"I am her only family. I have every right to take her with me. I suggest you don't interfere with this Cheol Yong. Ha Na and you must of been close like siblings but she is my sister. You can't stop me." 

 

"Then take me with you" 

Yi Ryeong narrowed her eyes. "What?" 

 

"I love Ha Na more than what you think. I've loved her for a long time…

I need to be where she is..please noona."

 

"I am sorry Cheol Young I can't do that. Don't you have your school and work here? Throwing it all away to stay close to my sister is crazy. I appreciate your concern but she will be in good hands. Ha Na is young and naive. With me she will learn to be a mature and strong women. I won't mix her with my work. 

I know you hate what I do but it's the only thing that's kept me up on my feet until now. 

I can promise you that Ha Na is not going anywhere near that life." 

Yi Ryeong assured Mir. Mir sighed and finally agreed. 

 

"I will visit and call. You are not going to say no to that" Mir said. Yi Ryeong nodded. 

 

____________

 

 

The next day Joon received a call that would change everything. It was the hospital. 

"She…what?!" Joon felt his heart sink. 

 

"There is no trace of Choi Ha Na anywhere…we believe she has been kidnapped. There is no way she could of woken up and left. We called the police and they are doing everything they can." Doctor Han told Joon. Joon however wasn't buying it.

 

"Everything they can?! Then why haven't they found her yet!? Don't give me petty excuses you son a !" Joon was beyond angry.

 

 

"Joon! What the hell is going on?!" Yoon Jae walked in the living room where he heard Joon yelling. 

Joon tore the phone from his ear and looked straight at his father. His jaw tightened. 

"Give me that" Yoon Jae took the phone from Joon.

 

"Who is this?" he asked. 

"Doctor Han." 

 

"How are the preparations going?" Yoon Jae asked the doctor. 

"I was telling your son that Miss Choi Ha Na was kidnapped last night from the hospital. The police is informed and doing everything they can" 

 

"What?? Kidnapped? Who would do such a thing?!" Yoon Jae gasped. 

 

"Ji Hoon." he heard Joon say. 

"He took her…I know he did!" 

 

"We will be at the hospital as soon as we can Doctor" 

Yoon Jae hung up and turned around to face Joon. His eyebrows furrowed. 

"How are you so sure it was Ji Hoon?" 

 

"He is capable of anything. That bastard her, he took her away from me…he's kidnapped her once, he would do it again!"

 

"Joon calm down we don't know that for sure. Ji Hoon is in China. It makes no sense that he would kidnap her. Plus Ha Na was engaged to him…"

 

"Ji Hoon has a lot of men working for him. He probably gave the order to take her...I am going to kill that bastard…with my own hands!" Joon yelled.

 

Yoon Jae didn't know what to think anymore. There was a possibility that Ji Hoon could of done so, but what was the purpose of that if he was going to marry her anyway? 

He could of simply just gone to the hospital to see how she was doing. Ha Na needed to be in strict watch so why would he take her? That would show he didn't care for her well-being. That was not like Ji Hoon at all.

 

___________

 

 

"Keep a very close watch on her Byunghee." 

Jung ByungHee was Yi Ryeong's right hand man. 

 

"Who is she? She looks a lot like you" he sat next to Ha Na. She was laying unconscious on the bed. She was now in France. 

"You're right. She is my sister. Her name is Ha Na." she smiled and her hair. 

 

"You both come from good genes, my lady" he complimented her. 

"You think so?" Yi Ryeong laughed.

 

"Ofcourse. I will take good care of Miss Ha Na. Rest assured." ByungHee smiled. 

 

"I can always count on you ByungHee-yah. Gomawoo." 

 

Yi Ryeong began to make her way out of Ha Na's room when she remembered something. 

"Ah right. Make sure you give the hospital the money to keep their mouth shut. I don't want to get into another hassle, Byung Hee." 

 

"I already did. We shouldn't hear anything from them." 

 

"Did you warn them about the concecuences if they say a word about it to anyone?" Yi Ryeong raised a brow. 

 

"Yes."

 

"Good." 

__________

 

 

Ha Na remained unconscious. She didn't move at all. Yi Ryeong kept close watch on he everyday, multiple times a day. 

 

Joon had become a disaster. He was more of a mess than the day he say Ha Na's lifeless body on the hospital bed. 

 

"Joon-ah..it's me. Open the door." Yoon Jae knocked on his door but there was nothing but silence. 

"Joon?…i'm coming in"

 

"Don't." Joon finally said. Yoon Jae stopped and just stood outside the room. He was very concerned about his son's health. Ever since they got the news that Ha Na had disappeared, Joon had refused to eat or come out of his room. 

Both Yoon Jae and Joon were still in Korea. 

 

"Are you okay?" Yoon Jae didn't know what to else to say. What could he possibly say or do to make him feel better? Nothing. He knew nothing would work…

He just needed to give him space. 

But he wanted to fly to Japan as soon as they could. In this state, Joon wouldn't even consider it. He wanted to be close to Seoul…in case he heard something about Ha Na's whereabouts.

 

Maybe he thought, if the baby was with him he would get better but Leo was already in Japan. Moving him around would not be a smart choice. He was a newborn after all.

 

Joon surprised Yoon Jae when he opened the door. Yoon Jae's eyes widened when he saw Joon. 

His eyes where red, and had terrible dark circles. His skin was pale. He had also lost a lot of weight. 

It was clear his appearance was the last thing he cared for. 

His hair was longer…he looked like a completely different person.

 

"Okay? Do I look okay to you..?" his voice was tired and raspy. He didn't even have the strength to talk. 

"J-Joon.." 

 

"Leave me alone…" he sighed.

 

"Joon please let me help you" Yoon Jae stopped the door with his hand. 

"I said to LEAVE ME ALONE! Can't you do something as simple as that!?" Joon yelled. 

 

"I am not about to leave you to ruin yourself like this Joon 

You have to get your life together. You could die at this rate if you keep living like this!" 

 

"Maybe that's what I want…to die. What's the point of living now? The only person that brought me from my old self…was her. She tried her hardest to make me human…

And what did I do? I…" he began sobbing. "I killed her; I lead her to her death!" 

 

"Think about that poor kid! Joon..you can't give up now" 

 

"What would he think about me when he finds out about what I did to his mother? He would hate me…

He would grow up with hatred in his heart. Just like I did. 

Now that I think of it…I am just like Lee Min Jae. 

I…hated that baby so much I wanted to torture Ha Na by killing it. I wanted her to feel pain her whole life because she betrayed me. 

Don't you get it? I deserve to die…just like Min Jae." 

 

"Don't…" Yoon Jae was about to tear up. 

Joon looked up at him, confused.

 

"Saying that your just like him…don't say that. Ever. You are nothing like that bastard. 

He did a lot of bad things. Min Jae never felt bad about anything he did. He married Young Rang for her money…he wanted her to give him a son. He.." A tear fell from his eye. "he abused her…and her many times. My poor Young Rang…she endured it all. After all that she became pregnant with Ji Hoon. 

When she became pregnant again, Min Jae gave away the baby. Because it was a girl and…she was not his. 

He controlled people with money.

Lee Min Jae had a lot of bad people working for him. 

 He was greedy and selfish… a criminal and a . 

You are different from him. Even though you did all that, you feel bad about it. You can be forgiven Joon. You are not a bad person" 

 

Joon was shocked to hear all of that. He had not the slitest clue that Lee Min Jae had done everything that his father had just mentioned. 

 

"He… my mother?" 

 

"Yes."

 

"You said he gave away the baby…where is she?" Joon asked.

 

"Kim Keiko. That is her name." Yoon Jae smiled. "She lives with me in Japan with Ren" 

 

"Bwoh?" Joon was surprised. 

 

Yoon Jae hugged his son. "Joon, let's go to Japan. Being here in Korea again brings back a lot of memories I no longer wish to have." he backed up when he felt Joon tense up. 

 

"Father…I have a request." Joon said. 

"What is it Joon?" 

 

 

"I have decided to become your heir. Allow me to take over Glory. In exchange for that power, I will bring Boosung down. 

I can't look over what that company and it owners have done." Joon looked straight in the eyes of his father. 

"Fake my death. Lee Joon dies today." 

 

Yoon Jae gasped. "What??" 

 

"Give me another name. Make me your son. Teach me everything there is to know about your company. In a few years I will be back to destroy Boosung, that I promise you father." 

 

"Joon…" Yoon Jae was amazed at his resolve. 

 

"Its the only way I will move on." 

 

A couple minutes ago he was a weak Joon and now, he was strong and determined. Yoon Jae didn't think it was possible but he got through to him. 

 

 

"Is that what you want?" 

 

"Yes. I will avenge Ha Na. I will make sure Ji Hoon goes to jail for kidnap and . I will have the world know what horrible things Lee Min Jae has done. His flawless image he left will die with him. I will get a hold of Boosung, but to sink it to it's misery. 

Father, from this day on, I am no longer Lee Joon. 

Give me a new name. I will live up to it. I will make you proud" 

 

He was absoluetly in shock. He finally nodded and said, 

"Changsun. 

You are now Kim Changsun. My son."