FIVE

Until I Met You

___________

 

"Thank you for coming." Ji Hoon welcomed his guests. His company party was going to be the first event he had thrown in a long time. After his brother died and Ha Na disappeared he stayed out of the public eye. He only wanted to be alone. Boosung had dropped from being #1 and it wasn't doing as great finacially as before.

 

He blamed himself for everything that had happened. He lived every day with guilt and it wasn't until a year had passed that he met someone he soon married. The company was facing a crisis so he had no other choice. The marriage was to save BOOSUNG. Ofcourse, Ji Hoon didn't love her. Together they had a daughter, little Dayoung.

He was very unhappy. Although he didn't complain at all. He took it as his "punishment" for what he did in the past. He thought.

 

 

 

LEE JI HOON

 

"Ji Hoon-ah, everything looks great!" one of my father's old business partners came up to me. It had been a while since I had seen him. 

 

"Kamsahamnida. I am glad you came." I bowed. 

My wife soon made her entrance through the doors. Ofcourse she had to make a big impression. With nothing but expensive jewelry and a silk black dress that showed off every bit of her perfection. Yes, Tae Hee was beautiful, even I had to admit.

 

 

"Ah…Jae Min-ssi, this is my wife, Lee Tae Hee" I introduced her to him. 

"So beautiful" he smiled and politely shook her hand. 

 

"Thank you Jae Min-ssi. I hope you will look after Ji Hoon-ssi well." 

 

"Ofcourse of course! He is almost like a son to me" he laughed. 

 

 

"You are too kind Jae M--" I froze mid conversation.

 I could not believe my eyes. My entire body went numb. Surely they were deceiving me. 

 

"It can't be....Joon?" I whispered. 

 

 

 

 

_________

 

 

 

 

 

The man that stood right in front of Ji Hoon looked exactly like Lee Joon. He smiled arrogantly at him. It was a devilish smile.

 

"Ah yes, Kim Changsun perhaps? It's been a while since I've see anyone from Glory in South Korea. I am Jae Min from Dae Hyun Group."

"You are correct.. Delighted to make your acuantaince Jae Min-ssi." he bowed. "I am happy to be here. I am representing everyone at Glory, especially my father."

Ji Hoon was lost for words. Jae Min nodded and excused himself leaving his wife and him standing in front of each other.

 

"Lee Ji Hoon-ssi?" 

 

"Kim Changsun?" Ji Hoon repeated his name. He was in complete shock. 

 

"Yes, that is my name." he smirked. "Thank you for inviting Glory this year. I am most honored to be here."

 

"My name is Lee Tae Hee, his wife." she smiled and bowed. Changsun bowed in return and glanced over at Ji Hoon waiting for any reaction. "Ah! Tae Hee-ssi, if you would excuse me I wish to speak to President Lee alone" Changsun said to her. She smiled and did as she was told. 

 

"You.." Ji Hoon's voice was shaky.

 

"Does it surprise you...brother?

Ji Hoon was right. This was none other than Joon.

 

"How..I mean- Joon you've been alive this whole time?!" 

"No, Lee Joon is dead. He died five years ago. The person standing before you is Kim Changsun, son of Kim Yoon Jae, President of Glory." 

 

All this was too much to take in for Ji Hoon. His brother had come back to life…

 

"how!?" 

 

"Simple. I am who I was always supposed to be. Don't you get it Ji Hoon? What I am now, is a worthy opponent ready to face you." He said.

 

"You are still--?" 

 

"My identity has changed but my goals remain the same. My feelings have not nor will they ever change." he smiled. His conversation turned into another direction. "That's quite a women you got for a wife…" he laughed and siped on his drink.

 

Ji Hoon could not believe after all this time he was the same.

"What happened to you? You were killed…how are you even here? Did they frame you?" Ji Hoon had too many questions. 

 

"Look at you…asking about me? Were you worried about me hyung? I can't say I am not surprised. So unlike you Ji Hoonnie.."

 

 

Before he could answer he had his secretary come up to him.

 

"It's about to start sir. Please come backstage…we have to get you ready for your performance." 

 

Changsun raised a brow. 

 

"Yes…I'll be there in a little bit." 

 

"No Secretary Oh?" 

 

"I fired him." 

 

"Doesn't surprise me. Useless bastard…truthfully I don't know why you kept him around for so long." Changsun smirked. 

 

"You're right. He was useless." his voice changed. "Couldn't protect my interests." 

 

Changsun knew what he was referring to. He smiked. 

"Your interests? She was never yours. You were merely a rebound." he said carelessly. Inside he wanted to make Ji Hoon feel bad but he would wait until another time. He wasn't going to loose it…he quickly changed the subject. He placed his hand on Ji Hoon's shoulder and looked at him straight in the eye. "I look forward to your performance tonight hyung." he smiled widely and made his way into the auditorium. 

 

 

____________