Nana

This was Us

Your POV

Sungjong visits me a lot since the day I spoke about feeling weak.

We sit down and talk about nothing.

Sometimes he tells me how great Infinite is becoming and that they had signed a deal a while ago after Myungsoo and I had dated.

He talks about how busy they are but even then; he’ll fit time in because I’m the first girl to treat him like a man instead of someone to dress up in pretty clothes.

Today he doesn’t come alone today he brought a red haired guy with slants for eyes.

“Oh do you remember my name?” he asks me in a gentle caring voice.

I nod my head as I look at him, “I believe so. Isn’t it Sunggyu?”

“Yes, that’s me,” the guy smiles and his eyes become even smaller.

I chuckle and smiles at them, “Thank you for visiting me with Sungjong.”

“No, problem at all Chin Sun. What do you 2 do usually when he visits?”

“Well he brings me food and I eat it. He also talks to me about things that have happened well I was asleep or what I should know well I knew Myungsoo. Everything he tells me about that subject is confusing to me though. My brother’s stop by daily to along with my sister and they go over what I should remember what they tell me sparks more memories I believe I remember up until I was 12. Still everything is blank from then. I wish I remembered farther. I remember looking over and seeing someone and thinking how cool they looked, but I can’t remember much else after that.”

They give each other’s looks and ask me, “What middle school did you go to?”

“Oh I went back and forth between 2 of them. There’s one in a good part of Seoul I think it was called… I can't remember the name of the schools. I do remember a lovely water fountain in the entrance, which made no sense to me, but I’d just sit there for hours reading or writing little nothings. That was where I met the kid. He was walking around with an old-fashioned camera taking pictures with his friends. I laughed at how it seemed childish but it was a good idea to keep memories up like that is a wonderful thing to do. I even told him that. I know I don’t look the way that I use to. I got rid of my glasses, let my face show more after that, and a little after that I think I even lost a bit of weight. Still after that day, I didn’t see that boy for a very long time. I keep trying to figure out when I saw him again but it keeps becoming a complete jumble of memories making my head hurt.”

I see Sunggyu sit down on one side of my bed and Sungjong on the other.

We sit there and talk about nothing really.

We mostly talk about how I should be getting out of the hospital soon.

They ask me what I plan to do and I told them that Mai said she got me my job at the coffee shop back until I recover fully and had my doctor call my work place that I’m in now and told them about what had happened to me. They gave me 2 months off with pay.

Not that I really need that but they said that it’s a good thing to have to fall back on but in truth I know that I only have about 2 months until the life I had will slip from my fingers.

I hear the door open and Mai walks in with Nana who looks nervous more than ever.

KLBHyd1I764Bzif_trx2ZPKZvBuWhdrbUSjp21BC

“Oh Nana what are you doing here?”

“Ahh omma wanted me to give this to you,” she holds up a small bag. “Its just a few things like a photo album and everything but I told her that your memory is coming back to you. Still she would rather be safe than sorry. In addition, we got you a few of your old journals out of your box also a few new journals so that you can write in it. You always said you enjoyed writing on paper than a computer.”

I smile as I take the bag from her. She looks over at Sungjong and smiles at him. He simply smiles back and starts moving things around in the bag.

“Nana would I be a bad sister if I asked how old are you?”

She shakes her head, “No, also I’m sorry about the way I acted when I first came in here after you woke up. Its just you hardly had time for us anymore. It was always was ‘I have work,’ ‘I have school work/classes,’ or ‘I already made plans.’ I felt abandoned, but I know you were right. You still came to see us just most days I was mad that you would only come to see us almost only once a month. I’m sorry, please forgive me.”

I start laughing, “There’s nothing to forgive. I bet I would have acted the same way.”

She shakes her head, “No, you would have gone straight up to me if I was you and said that you felt abandoned that I hardly see you anymore. You would have asked me to be your sister when you needed me.”

I want to laugh but I know that’s not the right thing to do, “You think to highly of me. Sure I have control over my emotions on most days but I’m still human. I have weaknesses and I lose control of them. Look at me I’m sitting in the hospital after pushing away the guy that everyone tells me I was completely happy with because I’m afraid. I’m afraid that it’s all a lie. That somehow this is a dream and I’ll wake up in worse condition than I was here and now. I know what happened to me. I read the reports. I know how I pushed my family away and even my friends for him. I can’t forgive myself for that. I know that these two want me back with him, but I’m afraid of so many things that I told him that I never wanted him to visit me, but for some reason every time my door opens I expect him to walk in and say something romantic but stupid. Why do I keep thinking at way? I don’t’ want to hurt him for not remembering him, but I know pushing him away like this is hurting him far more. I know this because it’s hurting me a great deal so it must be worse for him since he remembers everything and probably has pictures and videos of what our life was like when we were together. I’m a terrible person who’s only thinking about themselves.”

Nana seems to understand what I’m saying she looks up at me and says, “I’m turning 15 next week. Then I’ll be a true teenager.”

I smile at her, “I’ll have to stop by then. I’m getting out in a few days at least that’s what they’re telling me.”

She nods her head as she hands me a card.

“What’s this?”

“It’s a present from me. I hope it’ll help you a lot.”

“What is it? Just a little something we put together from when you were 13 up until you turned 18.” I nod my head as she turns to go she looks back at me, “Unni I’m sorry for hurting you the way I did. I’m sorry for what I had said to you. You really are a great sister and I hope that we’ll get to spend more time with each other. I’ll stop by later with the boys… Is that alright?”

I look at her and chuckle, “Of course that’s alright. Feel free to come by anytime.”

“I love you, unni,” she runs back to give me a hug.

It takes me back off guard but this moment really touches my heart, “I love you as well, Nana. I always will because you’ll always be in my heart even if I would lose my memories again. I’ll still love you because you are my little sister and that’s all I’ll ever need to know.”

She gives me a teary eye look where I simply wipe the tears away and smile at her, “I want to see you smile more. As your sister, I hope to be able to do this. I’m sorry I had hurt you and our family. I love each and everyone one of you.”

She giggles, “You’re not making a speech again for some reason are you?”

I give her a look and shrug, “I don’t’ know I’m just saying what I know I should.”

She smiles at me going to leave again, “You never change do you.”