Hurting

This was Us

Your POV

I’m working the early shift again and I laugh as I look at the doors.

Myungsoo walks through the doors, “Good morning, Chin Sun. It’s nice to see that you’re looking better today.”

I chuckle as I get his coffee out, “Would you like anything else today?”

“Yes, can I get... a blueberry muffin and a raspberry muffin.”

I nod my head and he holds the blueberry to me, “One of your favorites... correct?”

I chuckle, “I guess I’m out of the hat. You have been coming in here for a good month.”

I take the blue muffin and smile at him, “Thank you, Myungsoo... I hate to ask this, but can you move back to the apartment? I don’t know why, but I feel scared staying there alone and it’s hard for everyone to take turns staying the night.”

He looks at me a bit surprised, “Umm...  Yeah, I can do this weekend since I have off.”

I smile at him sighing in relief, “I’m glad. It’s just it’s been really hard staying there alone and I don't know why.”

He shakes his head and smiles at me, “Not really,” he looks at the time, “I’m sorry but I need to head out to get to a class.”

 

My shift is almost over and most of the time Sungjong meets me outside of work, but today he told me he had later classes.

So today I’ll be walking home alone without him.

As I’m walking I’m listening to music with my beat headphones, because it makes it seem faster when I’m heading home alone.

Soon I’m pulled back and someone makes it so I’m up against a pole.

I turn around to yell at them only to see that it’s Myungsoo and he’s bleeding.

“Myungsoo, are you alright?”

He nods his head as he faints causing me to shout his name.

I look up to see that some idiot had been raising something into an apartment on one of those stairs attached to cars and pushed the wrong button causing it to head over where I was walking.

I call 119 (Korean 911) and stay with him the entire time until they brought him into the hospital telling me that I have to go sit down.

I’m sitting there waiting for Infinite having a small meltdown when Sungjong runs over to me asking me what happened.

I keep silent until I look up and ask, “Is this how he acted when you found out about the accident?”

They look at me shocked, “He must have been an even bigger mess when I refused to see him. I’m such a horrible person.”

I know I’m crying more than ever as I feel the tears fall down my face.

I feel someone wrap their arms around me and usually I would yell at them, but I have no energy to even lift a finger.

Chin Sun, does it truly matter? He still loves you.”

“I know that I know him. Every night I wake up to some dream/memory that ends with me being being beaten by a bunch of girls. I wake up screaming for Myungsoo, but I know that he won’t be able to come. Today after I had a dream of him again I thought it would just be better to have him move into the apartment, because maybe it will help me recover memories.”

I look up to see the leader, Sunggyu, holding onto me in his arms.

Sungjong is being held by the other guys.

I watch them as I watch as they do so.

Soon Greaseball turns towards me and asks, “Do you want some food and something to drink?”

I nod my head, “Yeah, can I have some coffee and a plain sandwich?”

He nods his head as he runs off with a few of the guys.

Soon the doctor comes out and asks for Myungsoo’s family and we all stand up.

“Are you all family?”

“No, but we are the only family he has known for a while. His parents are always busy and they are overseas to begin with,” I tell the doctor.

He nods his head, “Still...”

I sigh and look at him, “I’m his girlfriend and these are his bandmates so I think they deserve to know.”

He nods his head, “Well he had suffered a mild head injury, but once he wakes up he’ll have to stay a week or so. Also we can’t be sure of brain damage until we’re for sure.”

“Can we see him?” I ask.

The doctor nods his head and we follow him to Myungsoo’s room.

When I see Myungsoo on the bed with the bandages around his head and a few bandages on his arms and that from when he fell.

I sit down at his side taking his hand in my own.

“I should have been paying attention maybe then.”

“That’s a maybe,” Sungyeol says.

I sigh as I lay my head down by Myungsoo’s side and make them think I was falling asleep.

When they leave I sit up and sip at my coffee as I whisper, “I don’t want to fall asleep. I want to try to remember you.”