Wake Up

This was Us

Your POV

I’ve been up for two days straight watching over Myungsoo.

The doctors are getting worried about me, but it’s not like I care all I worry about is missing him waking up.

“Miss you should catch up on some sleep it’s not been that long since you were discharged from the hospital yourself.”

I nod my head but I don't move from my seat at Myungsoo’s side.

I just hear the doctor sigh in defeat as he leaves.

When he does Myungsoo opens his eyes and where I placed my seat he sees me right away, “Chin Sun, what happened?’

I shrug as I hold his hand a little bit tighter not wanting to be blamed for his injury.

If I had been paying attention then he would have knocked his head so hard against the street light.

Chin Sun, you look tired,” he moves over patting the spot next to him, “Come on lay down by me.”

I don’t even think I nod my head and curl up by his side.

He my hair, “Get some sleep I’ll be right here when you wake up.”

I yawn feeling the two days of being by his side wide awake catching up on me, “You promise.”

“Of course I promise. I always keep my promises to you.”

Myungsoo’s POV

I’m laying on the bed with my arms around Star forgetting that I’m in the hospital.

I start to trace her features much like I would in the mornings when we lived with each other.

I push her hair from her face since her face is like a magnet for her hair when she’s asleep.

I watch her face smile as she nuzzles into my hand just like before.

I lean forward and kiss her forehead, “I love you, Star, and I always will.”

I hear the door open and what I think is my doctor walk in, “Oh a good thing you woke up. That young lady would not sleep the last two days who knows how long she was awake.”

I nod my head as I look down at her, “I know when she worries about things she can’t sleep.”

“Well I’m glad she’s catching up on sleep even if it’s in your bed. Oh by the way your bandmates are waiting outside should I get them since your girlfriend is asleep?”

“Umm... Yeah. Who told you she was my girlfriend?”

“She did. Did she lie cause your friends didn't argue with her?”

“No, it’s just she doesn’t have her memories of us and we had just started over as friends in her terms.”

The doctor just nods his head and goes to get my friends.

When they come in Sunny  is completely passed out and has a death grip on my shirt... hospital gown thing.

“Hey guys,” I call to them as they walk inside.

They look to see that Star is asleep and sigh.

“Thank god she fell asleep,” Sunggyu mumbles.

“So she has been up for the last two days. Chin Sun, you know that it destroys your health.”

I push her hair behind her ear again, “She was really that worried about me though?”

Sungjong answers me, “Yeah, she would hardly leave her spot at the foot of your bed. When she did it was mostly to go to the bathroom. When she was hungry we got her food or one of the nurses.”

I sigh as I lean forward to kiss her forehead.

“She’s going to be asleep for a while. Sometimes when she would do the stay up for days at a time she would sleep for almost that long.”

“Really?”

I nod my head, “One time she spent two days awake trying to get papers ready for a class and whens he finished she passed out for a day and a half.”

“Wow.”

I nod my head again as I place my hand on her cheek rubbing my thumb across it carefully taking in her features again noticing how relaxed she looks even with purple bags under her eyes.

“You really do still love her,” I hear one of them say out loud.

“Of course I do.’

Your POV

Where am I?

I look up as a beautiful looking girl in a simple red dress comes up to me.

“Are you going to love him like I always have and deep down I still do?”

“What do you mean?”

“Look out there,” she tells me moving her hand showing me what looks like a huge TV.

You wait until your break, open the card, and smile at the song that was inside. The lyrics are beautiful and you want to start singing so you start too quietly. The name of the song was on top and you read it out loud, “Be Mine.”

When you open the present you see a beautiful locket that looked like it was one that couples wear. You smile and look at the picture that was in it that showed the other piece of it. Smiling you touch it as you play with it for a small while.

You spent what seemed like forever picking out your outfit that you’d wear. So you call up your best friend in the world and tell her that she needs to help you. You don’t’ have a dress to wear and you're not even sure how formal the art show it.

When she shows up she has only one dress and you have to say it’s beautiful. You remember her making a similar one for you when you were in high school to a formal dance. It’s a strapless cocktail dress. Its red with a lacey black over it that had almost swirling design going down it.

o6Lao2aSr1uNyZrjlLEdrkJu9r_GV2SK-b5o89sg 

She made you put it on.

Still instead of putting heels or ballet flats that would drive you crazy she hands you knee high converse tennis shoes and a pair of black shorts just incase you’ll need them.

She makes you sit down and starts doing your make-up only applying natural looking shades on your face. Since she thinks you look far better with a natural look just like Myungsoo.

She curls your hair and lets it slip around your face framing it perfectly.

“There I’m done.”

“Can I go look?”

“Of course,” she says smiling over at you.

You run into the bathroom and see a girl that you didn’t recognize. You never thought that you could be yourself and yet look so beautiful. Still you feel like something is missing so you grab your new locket and slip it on. Smiling you twirl around looking in the mirror. You run out of the bathroom and hug your friend.

She tells you since she’s heading that way she’ll drive you to the show. So you grab your small purse and follow her out the door locking up behind you.

You see a nice gallery and you smile and walk into the building. Everyone is wearing a bit more of fancy clothing. The woman are wearing fancy dresses that are for more clubs and the guys are still wearing jeans and a dress shirt. Still a few people are over dressed. Lucky for you your friend is good at being able to be prepared for these kinds of things since the dress looks a bit like on that you can wear to a club.

Everyone looks over at you and stares and you want to crawl in a hole and die. Still you remember that you are here as Myungsoo's date. You won't let these peopel put you do. You are here for him. You're going to show him that you're strong. You smile as you walk past people.

When you see, Myungsoo he’s talking with a group of boys that you see come in occasionally with him. When you walk up to them you see that Myungsoo is wearing a leather jacket that looked really good on him. The other guys were wearing leather jackets as well (Ones a bit like the ones from the Be Mine MV). You smile at them and the smile back at you.

They tap on Myungsoo’s shoulder and he looks over to see you walk up to him. He smiles at you and you smile brightly at him.

“Chin Sun, you made it,” he called out as he walked over to hug you. Turning around he turns you with him so you're facing his friends, “Oh guys this is Chin Sun. Chin Sun these are my friends.”

He introduces you to all of them.

“Hi, it's nice to meet you.”

They nod but the younger of them runs up and hugs you almost knocking you down, “It’s so nice to meet you noona.”

You were embarrassed but you start laughing messing up the kid’s hair making him pout. This makes everyone start laughing.

“So you’re the girl that,” you watch as Myungsoo shoots him a death glare.

Since you know what he’s talking about even though he didn’t finish his sentence you giggle a bit.

You smile at them as you take Myungsoo’s hand and make him look your way, “Myungsoo can you show me around the gallery?”

He smiles at you and leads you away from the guys, “Of course see you guys later.”

You turn toward them and wave not to be evil but because they seem like nice guys, “It was nice meeting you guys.”

As you walk around you look at his photography. They’re all beautiful. They go back to even your high school days. The last pictures in the gallery are of you.

He laughs nervously, “It seems kind of creepy doesn’t’ it.”

You shake your head, “No, not at all. I always saw you taking pictures around the school. I thought that you had such a striving passion. I think I saw you that day,” you point to the one where the wind is blowing your hair as you stand underneath a plum blossom tree.

He looks at that one and smiles, “That was the first time I saw you I just never knew it was you until I met you at the coffee shop.’

You chuckle and sigh, “He never noticed me when we were younger,” you thought.

He smiles at you and pulls you to the stage area, “Sorry but I have to perform soon with the guys.”

You nod and wait for them to start singing.

When they start singing my jaw drops because it’s the song ‘Be Mine.’

When they stopped Myungsoo took a deep breathe, “Thank you all for coming. I’m so glad that we had such a huge turn out. Well I have something to say that I’ve been wanting to tell someone special to me for years. I wrote this song for her (just go along with this). I’ve always been afraid to talk to her except quick simple sentences because then it’d be less likely to make a fool of myself. I’ve always been figuring out how to talk to her. I feel creepy to admit this but I sent her secret admirer letters hoping one day she’d realize it was me, but it never seemed to come. Still to see her smile the day after I left her a letter I was ok with that, but I decided that I’d finally tell her how I feel.”

He looks down at you and smiled, “Chin Sun, I’ve had a crush on you for a long time and my friends talked me into doing this so I can come out and tell you how I feel.”

You put a hand to your mouth as you smile up at him and shout, “What took you so long?”

Everyone laughs as Myungsoo gets off the stage and walks towards you and takes you in his arms, "So what do you say will you go out with me?”

You decide to play with his head a bit, “I don’t know you did creep me out at first,” you look up and smile at him, “but I think I can give you a shot.”

He smiles and you hear the maknae shout, “Just kiss her already we all know you want to.”

He laughs nervously and scratches his head nervously as he looks at you.

You smile up at him and lean up a bit to kiss him.

You hear hoots but you ignore them.

“So how about a nice date tomorrow night?”

You put a finger to your chin and think of your schedule, “Yeah I don’t work tomorrow night.”

He smiles and leans down to kiss you again but only this time it’s your forehead.

"Alright I’ll pick you up at the coffee house tomorrow at seven.”

You don’t argue with him and nod, “Yeah that sounds fine with me.”

He nods and the rest of the night was great and a few girls were giving you glares but you ignore them.

Myungsoo and his friends are around you all night, we joked around all night, and when it was time to leave Myungsoo said that he’d drive you home so you didn’t fight with him about it.

When you got home he walked you to the door and gave you a kiss goodnight.

You smiled at him as he walked away.

When you walked in the house your family is standing there with their jaws on the ground.

“One a boy kissed her and two she’s smiling like a fool.””

I look at the girl as I notice her face more I see that she’s me. I see that this was how I looked when Myungsoo confessed to me at his art exhibit.

“Why are you doing this?”

I’m holding onto my head as I kneel on the ground and keep asking her that one question.

I hear the clicking of heels as she walks towards me making me look her in the face as she pulls my chin up, “Because you are hurting the man we love. Stop questioning every thought and feeling when it comes to him. Let him live with you and maybe you’ll remember more of him. Love him like it’s your last day.”

I look away from her even if she... I’m still holding my chin up.

“Don't say such things. I don’t want to think like that. I want to love him like we're the only people in the world. Not thinking of death or anything of the sort,” I throw a hand over my mouth as I gasp surprised by what I had just said.

The other me the one that has all my memories smiles at me, “Good you’re remembering our feeling for him. You need to wake up now. I guess I’ll see you when you fall asleep next.”

 

I wake up to Myungsoo’s slight snoring and the light from the sun rising through the window.

What a beautiful sight to wake up to. I wrap my arms around his waist looking at the time to see it’s only 7am.

I could take a small nap, but I would be more tired and I would have to deal with the other me.

I look up to Myungsoo happy eyes, “Morning, Chin Sun.”

I nod my head, “Myungsoo since a lot of your stuff is still in my apartment and I really want to remember you can you move back in with me?”