Comfort

This was Us

Sungjong’s POV

It’s been a few days since I’ve seen Chin Sun-noona until I get a call.

I look down to see that it’s her phone number.

I feel like I’m betraying my hyungs but its to help Myungsoo if I can help her get use to one of us slowly all of us can get back in her life. Then we can bring Myungsoo if we can get her to remember him.

I sigh and answer the phone, “Yoboseyo.”

“Yoboseyo, this is Sungjong-ah correct?”

I chuckle, “Neh this is Sungjong, noona.”

She laughs, “Sorry it’s just I’m getting confused by these nicknames of people on my phone but for some reason I had a feeling that this was your number.”

“Oh its okay noona,” I answer her; “Do you want me to come see you?”

She laughs nervously, “Yes, that would be nice I’m kind of lonely sitting here all alone with my thoughts. You’re the only person I think I can tell them to.”

“Alright I’ll be there as soon as possible noona,” I tell her as I hang up.

I slip out of my room dressed to only be stopped by Sunggyu-hyung.

“Where are you going we have to help cheer up Myungsoo and move him from her apartment?”

“Keep a few of his things there and if she doesn’t remember soon it’s not like we can’t ask for it back acting like he forgot about it.”

He looks at me and gives me a look, “Wow you are an evil genius.” I nod and go to leave only to be stopped again, “You think you can escape without answering me?”

I sigh and shake my head, “Well truthfully yes. Do you want a lie that may strain everything or a lie?”

“How about we try truth first?”

“I’m going to see noona. She wants me to help her regain her memories. I think it has to do with whenever she had problems and no one was there before she lost her memory she’d ask me to come over and talk.  Hyung her memories are close to the surface its jus the matter of digging it up.”

“What do you think Myungsoo will feel when he finds out about this?”

“I’m hoping he won’t until she has her memory back so he won’t feel so betrayed. Look hyung I’m doing this to help him. I know those two love each other a lot and she just needs help remembering that love.”

He nods his head and sighs, “You’re right just be careful alright.”

I nod and run off to the hospital.

Sunggyu’s POV

If Myungsoo finds out about this, we’re all going to be in a hot water.

I hope Sungjong is right and all he has to do is a little digging or else Myungsoo may never recover from this shock.

That the girl he has loved for how many years and who has loved him has forgotten him only a year into their relationship.

Your POV

I woke today from a weird dream, but I can’t remember anything about it except a sweet melody on a guitar.

I remember laughing and talking to someone who was playing the guitar about how much I like the song Our Song and how much I like it. I remember saying that reminds me of us but he had already wrote so many songs for us.

I had called Sungjong to come over to talk but I’m not sure I’m ready to talk to him about that Myungsoo guy.

A nurse comes in and hands me a cute little letter with my name written on it.

“Who is this from?”

She shrugs, “I asked and he said that it said just to say his name is L.”

I nod my head, take the letter, and just stare at it. I feel like I’ve done this before just staring at a letter from L. I go to open it when Sungjong walks into the room. I smile and set the letter on my bedside table.

“Sungjong,” I say his name and he looks up smiling at me.

“Have you eaten noona, it’s lunch time?”

I shake my head, “No, I kind of refused their hospital food.”

He laughs and pulls out a bag of food.

I look at the food and start jumping up and down in excitement.

He hands me the bag of food and sits on the other side of me.

“So what did you bring me?”

He laughs and pulls out containers, “Okay so I brought you spaghetti, a salad, a parfait, and vitamin water.”

I smile and take a sip of vitamin water smiling at Sungjong.

I start opening the containers and eating the wonderful food that’s inside them. I keep eating until it’s all gone.

I laugh when I realize how much I ate.

“Wow, I didn’t think you were that hungry noona,” Sungjong jokes.

I nod and sit there smiling, “Yeah, well their food here doesn’t really fill you up like all of this.” I look down at my hands, “also I refused to eat early because I just didn’t think I should, but then you came in with this food and I suddenly felt hungry again. I knew I had to eat because it’s the right things to do.”

“What do you mean noona?”

“Am I a bad person, Sungjong?”

“What who told you that noona?”

“No one just after that day I have felt like I’m a horrible person. I push everyone away just because I’m afraid of the pain. I’m afraid of what will happen. I’m afraid of the unknown. I’m scared I may remember something that may hurt me or someone else. My sister has visited me a lot so have my brothers and parents, but I feel like this is just a way for us to have a new start. The first day they came in my sister seemed to hate me, but by the end she seemed to be pitying me. My little brothers wouldn’t let me go afraid that I’d leave them again. My parents could hardly look me in the eye for the first day or two. What could I have done to hurt my family so much? Did I forget about them because of this Myungsoo who I supposedly dated? If I did do, I really want to remember him. Was he mean to me?”

“Hell no noona he was the kindest person to you. He treated you like a princess. He’d do whatever you told him to do. He would stay up when you were sick and take care of you. One time he was up for three days because you had a fever and hate hospitals and you wouldn’t let him take you. So he had us bring medicine and porridge so he wouldn’t have to leave your side unless is was a bathroom problem. Also you and your family had an issue when you told them that you were moving out to live with Myungsoo… They wouldn’t let you leave but you kept telling them that you wanted to be free and do something completely new to live your life as you saw fit. Your parents were mad and haven’t really talked to you since then. Your siblings did but they were a little awkward around you. They truly haven’t’ done anything wrong and sure as heck neither have you noona.”

I look up at Sungjong and pull him into a hug, “Thank you, Sungjong. I really needed that.”

I go to take another sip of my vitamin water only to see that it’s all gone.

I pout and Sungjong laughs he stands up, “I’ll get you a new one noona.”

“You don’t have to do that Sungjong I can go pay for it. You have already helped me a lot today. I think I have money in my purse.”

I get up to get it when my legs weaken and Sungjong catches me, “Noona you have to be more careful.”

I start crying, “I’m useless I can’t stand up like I did a few days ago.”

Sungjong’s POV

She doesn’t understand does she?

The reason she was able to stand was that she had heard Myungsoo-hyung was missing.

That knowledge had helped her to stand up and race to find him the strength of the love that she holds onto for Myungsoo-hyung.

She is like this because her mind doesn’t really have anything to fight for.

“You’re not useless, noona, you just need help. If you need someone to talk to about any of those problems to noona then just call me up and I’ll be an ear to listen.”