A Day to Celebrate

This was Us

Your POV

I open my eyes too come face to face with Myungsoo and right away I start crying and holding him tightly.

“Myungsoo-ah… I’m so sorry.”

He seems taken back, but instead of asking questions he simply my hair much like a parent would do to sooth their child.

“Chin Sun, what’s wrong? What are you sorry for?”

I wipe my eyes as I look at him, “For causing so much trouble for you. For losing my memory."

He looks at me confused as he asks, “Do you remember everything now?”

I nod my head slowly care because it hurts so much.

“What happened to you?”

I bite my lip as I try to keep the tears from my eyes

“It’s all mixed together like a dream, but I remember the boss came in and tried to lay his hand on me and I twisted his arm pretty bad. He threatened to fire me and I threatened him with all kinds of blackmail.”

“What kind?”

“Different variations that can send him to jail… After that happened I went to leave work because I wanted too see you when I ran into a few girls from my school who worked with me. They saw what happened and got mad at me like they always do, but I simply pushed past them and went to change into clothes for our date. I was in the locker room changing when they came in and started to attack me. I tried to fight back but 5 against 1 isn’t very fair game… That’s what I remember before I woke up in the hospital.”

“So you remember what happened in the last month?”

I nod my head, “Myungsoo I think I want to report to the police what happened 2 months ago.”

“Can it wait until tomorrow?”

“Why?”

“Your family just got here.”

I smile when I see the twins dressed for the occasion. Jungmin is dressed in a nice pair of jeans and a leather jacket that I got him a few years ago for his birthday. While his twin who people believe is his polar opposite is dressed in a tan sweatshirt with a cute pocket on it that I got him for his birthday along with a pair of dark grey pants.  

Bfi5g7pEjdDDg-tch2PYyZa4DZuj-gQYkRhqf6-dviCNtrk0FZaegL-ZDTgbxzOArRgXyAT3gGAWDm5U

Nana is wearing a beautiful long sleeved dress with a off white color and ribbon going down the chest along with a pair of black leggings.

JG0vtdA6Rm9YYXW0vZ1kALn09IA_JhlKbCxklu3_

“Wow, the 3 of you look really nice today. I see you’re wearing the presents I got you for your birthday this year.”

They nod their heads until they seem to notice what I said.

Jungmin looks at me like a little kid would and asks, “Noona, you remember us…”

I nod my head and I’m tackled by my 3 siblings causing me too laugh.

“You know the party started a while ago,” I tease them.

“Better late than never,” Nana teases me and I wrap my arms around her and the twins as I nod my head.

“Yeah, better late than never. I’m glad you guys have been seeing me at least once a week though.”

They nod their heads and hug me tighter as I look up at my parents, “Hi… mom and dad.”

They start to cry as they drop down on their knees and hug me along with my siblings and I look at Myungsoo asking for help only to see him and Mai laughing as they video tape this.

I smile as I hug my siblings a bit tighter and slowly they let me go, and Myungsoo helps me stand up while Infinite helps my parents stand up.

“So are you going to report the people who did that too you?”

I nod my head and look at Myungsoo and I tell them my own version of what he said too me, “I think today should be a day to celebrate my day of birth and the day that I remember everything. The day i remember my loved ones.”

My parents look at me before they nod their heads, “I guess you're right on that. I think you deserve 1 more day.”

I nod my head as my parents pull me over too where my cake is, “So should we sing happy birthday to you?”

Gz9TCf2tzwwWrc1c6JZTPqPwK6Y1wMjh-35pYSX-

I smile as i nod my head as everyone starts singing.

“saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da

sarang ha neun --Chin Sun-shi

saeng il chuk ha ham ni da”

I laugh as they finish the song and shout, “Make a wish.”

I close my eyes and make a simple 1, “I wish to keep all the memories I make with my friends and loved ones.”

I open my eyes to see everyone smiling at me and I smile back at them as they cut into the cake.

Slowly we hand out pieces and I smile as they hand my my own piece.

I look down at it too see that a water drop had fallen on it.

I look up and Myungsoo looks a bit upset and confused as he leans over to wipe under my eyes.

“Star, are you alright?”

I nod my head as I smile, “I’m just really happy that I got to spend today with you with memories of our past together. I also feel guilty because I didn’t remember for a little over 2 months.”

He nods his head as he pulls me close to him, “Don’t worry about that as long as you're with us it’s not like we care. As long as you are with us and happy.”

I look around to see everyone nod their heads and I can’t help but to smile but cry some more.

I start hiccuping as I finish crying, “I bet I look like a mess.”

Myungsoo shakes his head as he wipes his thumbs under my eyes, “No, you still look beautiful.”

I smile as I lean my head against him careful of the cake in our hands, “You are so sweet to me. Now I’m going to eat my cake and enjoy today.”

Myungsoo nods his head as he looks at me, “You better enjoy today.”

I look up too see him hold up his camera and snap a picture of us.

I smile as I reach over and grab the instax and pull him too me careful again of the cake, “Smile.”

He smiles and I lean over and kiss his cheek as I take the picture.

I pull the picture out carefully after it comes out.

I show him as I set the camera down along with the photo.

Mai turns on the music system we set up here when we claimed this place as ours.

I smile as the day ends and I’m given everyone’s presents.

“Should I open them now?”

They shake their heads, “No, wait until later. You seem really tired and so are we.”

I nod my head as I smile at everyone and give them all hugs, “I’ll see you guys later.”

As they leave after helping set the presents into Myungsoo’s borrowed for today car we set off to our own apartment.

When we reach it Myungsoo goes to sleep on the air mattress but I shake my head, “Myungsoo, just get up here. Aren’t you going to hold your girlfriend?”

“Oh so we’re back to that status?” he teases as he slips into his sweats only taking a small peak at me as I slip into 1 of his shirts and a pair of shorts.

“Of course,” I tell him with my head held high as I slip over to his side to wrap my arms around his waist and point too the star necklace over my window, “That necklace proves that I’m your girl and you're mine.”

He chuckles as he turns around to face me as he gently holds me.

“Let’s go to bed.”

I nod my head as we lay down and I’m wrapped up in his protective arms, “This is much better.”

“What do you mean?”

“Being in your arms while I drift off to sleep is better than being curled up in a ball alone. Why do you think I’d always hold onto your hand whenever we’d go too sleep?”

He chuckles as he kisses my forehead then looks me in the eyes, “No need to worry about that now do we.”

I smile up at him as he places a gentle kiss on my lips, “Good night, Star.”

I chuckle as I whisper, “Good night, Moon.”

He chuckles as we drift off too sleep in each other’s arms.


So what do you think should I end it here or should I continue until all the mess from 2 months ago is solved.