The Truth

When The Happiness Is So Expensive

It was so noisy in the bar, the sound of music, people chatting, Donghae's laugh still couldn't beat the noise even though he laughed so hard because of Jessica's joke. That was funny for him to know that Jessica got the wrong person that she thought it was Donghae at first when she arrived in the bar. Embarrasing for her but sounded funny for him.

"Ya, dont laugh" she pouted.

"Sicca-ya it's funny, seriously. You can't recognize me, I don't even disguised" he laughed again. Yes, why should disguised when he was in the bar of SM. Only staff and member SM who allowed to in.

"Oppa" she made a serious expression, stared at him with a sharp glare, her eyes told him to stop.

"Arraso arraso" 

Donghae sipped a beer again and offered it to jessica.

Jessica took a little sip of Donghae's beer, gulped it slowly, little by little and stopped gulp it when she felt nervous at the time she knew that Donghae was staring at her all the time. But she kept it cool.

His gazed to her was warm, because he could feel the warm feeling after Jessica arrived. Jessica gave him something that no one else gave today.

"Gomawo yo Sicca" 

Jessica was shocked with Donghae's words. She was confused at the first and tried to think what she had done to him that could make Donghae thank to her. She gave a question expression to him.

He smiled so handsome before explaining it.  

"It's because you made me laugh, today was so hard for me, people kept remembering me someone that I already forgot, but you.... just thank you" 

She melted for a second. 

"So you kinda like me again now?"

Donghae chuckled, wasn't shocked with her words at all. Well, with the relationship he ever had with Jessica, even after breaking up he didn't hate her although Jessica broke the relationship first, but he accepted it. After all their relationship was in a mess back then, busy with their own bussines made them forget to call each other, made the love that stayed in their heart fade away little by little. Break up was the best decision.

Jessica probably the ice princess but she was the one who gave a warm feeling to him now. Their friendship was still fine. She could make donghae comfort as her exboyfriend. She treated him well and Donghae admitted it. He also admitted it that this moment was very same when he was with Yoona, but the difference was, Yoona more warm, more comfortable, more than her. For him no girl could compare her.

"What kind of answer you want, sicca?" still wore his handsome smile that girl would melt.

"Tsk, just answer it honestly" 

He chuckled at first, she was warm yet she was still the ice princess "Little I think"

Silence for a moment. 

"Date with me then" she spilled it out like there was nothing wrong with her words, but for Donghae it sounded difficult to understand it.

"What?"

"Start again with me oppa, date with me if you like me then, may be if you're with me, you can totally forget her" Jessica played a beer bottle in front of her, didn't make an eye contact with him while talking. 

Great, that was great reason. Donghae thought. Totally forget Yoona, that was what he wanted after all.

But it was funny because he thought about it first then tought about the date. That was difficult to find the right answer, so he just ended up drink his beer. 

"Because I still have that feeling, I still love you"

Donghae's mind exploded.

 


 

"Unnie, I want to perform, I miss the stage, I miss Sones" she begged cutely and quite forcing to her unnies, specifically to Taeyeon. She grabbed her hands, made Taeyeon hard to walk, forced her to let her join with the others. The rest already on their way to the car. 

It wasn't the first time the member against her to come. It wasn't also the first time Yoona begged and forced them to let her join. Their actually sick with Yoona's willingness. They were bored to say "No" to Yoona. They had ever allowed it, but only twice and it was because they didn't have to perform a lot and of course it was for hide something. 

"You couldn't, you should rest Yoona and you know it"

She let her grip, made a pout and Taeyeon could freely walk again. She headed outside.

"I hate alone unnie" 

"We will buy you a food... a delicious food after we back" 

Her pout slowly turned to smile, food was always what the shikshin wanted after all. 

She didn't know how many time she did not join with her unnies to perform in the stage. She missed the stage. She missed her fans of course, sadly she only joined to some event that would not make her tired. So, being alone in the apartment was very often for her. She just ended up sleeping in his bed sometimes, not often she was just watching the boring varitey show. In her free time she was sad, in her loneliness she was holding something, something painful inside her body.
 
The situation in the car was different. It had been different since Yoona didn't join with them. Quiet, silent, no laugh, always sad.
 
"did she ask to join with us again?" Hyeyeon asked it to Taeyeon.
 
"As usual"
 
"Two month left, right?"
 
Hyoyeon's question made the tears suddenly come out from some members like Yuri, Seohyun and Taeyeon. Hyeoyeon made the athmosphere in that car more bad. No one answer her question, too sad to answer it. 
 
"Unnie, I don't want to lose her" Seohyun started to sob hard. And sunny the one who sat beside her patted her head. 
 
"We won't seo, let's just pray that she can be able to through it" 

 


2 months later


 
The hot water flew in his y abs. Donghae took a shower at this morning, but instead of showering, he spent most of his time in the bathroom thought about something. It was already 2 months he made Jessica wait. He hadnt answer Jessica's confession yet. He needed more time to think about it, just 2 months even wasn't enough for him, because he didn't have the same feeling like her too, not a love, just he liked her as his dongsaeng, his beloved dongsaeng. Still, her confession burdened him so much, thankfully he didn't have to meet her because their own full schedule lately, so he didn't have to act nervous or act fool in front of her. 
 
But, strangely for him that Jessica seemed don't need his answer. She never even forced him to answer. Something just strange.
 
The good thing for him was he already forgot about Yoona. Not completely, but at least he didn't often think about her. The only and the one that came to his mind lately only Jessica's confession. How to respond it, did he have to accept it? he didn't think about Yoona. He didn't even care about Yoona's often absent from the stage. Well, he was curious a little, not as much as the first time he realized Yoona's first absent. All was just the complicated thing that normal for him. He should thank to Jessica. His mind almost became normal again. 
 
Finished his showering, he rushed to wear his shirt and took his phone, his car's key and other stuffs he needed.
 
"Where are you going?" Yesung while played happily with his playstation, suddenly got curious when saw Donghae's action in that room who walked fast back and forth to take his stuffs. Annoying enough for yesung.
 
"I want to meet someone" 
 
Bang, he closed the door so hard, left the room, not because he was angry but he was in hurry. He was getting late with his promise.
 
Yesung sighed, then looked at Ryeoweok who was reading book beside him. Made an eye contact first before talking "Finally he's normal again"
 
"Yeah thanks to Jessica" 
 
Yesung back to his game again when he knew his game started. He pressed the button on joy stick so fast. Ryeoweok back to his book.
 
"So he already forget her" 
 
"Yes I think" Ryeoweok answered it while concentrated with the words on his book.
 
They continued their conversation without made an eye contact then. Busy with their own world.
 
"He still doesn't know about it right?" Yesung opened the conversation again.
 
"Yes, he better doesn't know about it, I feel sorry for Donghae hyung"
 
"Ne, he loved her so much, aissh now I feel like want to cry" Yesung put his joy stick on the floor, waiting the game loading.
 
"Hyung... you should ready, we should go, the other will be there in a hour, it's her time now"
 
"Ya! look who's talking"
 
 "Ne ne I will prepare too" Ryeoweok left his book and his position, went to his room. Yesung followed his action. 

 


 

Taecyeon sat quietly in the cafe. He wore a cap that covering half of his face, so the cityzen couldn't recognized him. He took a seat in the corner to hide himself more. He just busy played his phone to check a news about s and of course himself and sometimes took a sip of his juice and stared at the blank chair in front of him and saw the ice in the glass he ordered for the one he waited already melted and made more doplhets arround the glass.

Untill finally, someone he had been waiting for 5 minutes sat in front of him, made him stop his current action and put his handphone in his left pocket, made an eye contact with the one who sat in front of him first. The man who wore a cap and syall, covering his identity as well but Taecyeon knew that he currently made an eye contact with Donghae.

"Oh, hyung" he bowed first, showed a polite action to his hyung.

"Sorry for making you wait" 

"Gwenchanayo, it's just 5 minutes"

"Still, I'm the one who ask you to meet but you're the one who wait for me"

"No hyung, I exactly wanted to ask to meet you too today buy you already asked me first"

"Really? what a coincidence" he asked about the juice in front of him whether he could drink it or not and Taecyeon nodded, meant that it was actually for him. Donghae continued his words after sipping one gulp juice.

"Well... I called you because I want to apologize to you about the incident in that club back then. I know it's really too late to apoligize, it's been a months but i could only talk about it now, because I just made up my mind from the complicated thing.

"No hyung, I am supposed to be the one who apologize to you. I shouldn't have done that to the older in that club" he reffered his unpolite action in the club back then.

"So let's forgive each other...ok. By the way how is your relationship with Yoona?"

"Eh?" 

"You date with her, right?" Donghae casually sipped a juice of his.

"Ne?" Taecyeon just kept giving him same question.

"Taecyeon-ah don't get nervous, don't think about me again"

Taecyeon was just quiet. He looked at Donghae's eyes deeply.

"She deserves you, you're way better than me. I know that deep down in my heart there is still her, completely forget her and erase her even in two months still hard for me. So instead of forget her completely I chose to accept the fact that she doesn't love me anymore. The fact that I should accept her with you. So you should protect her okay, please make her happy. I trust you because you're the one she loves"

Donghae just expressed his feeling out, his true feeling that he never told it to anyone before, not to his best friend as well. But in front of Taecyeon, he easily told his feeling. He just felt that Taecyeon deserveed to know about it.

Donghae showed a bright smile, it was sincere. Taecyeon could see deep down in his eyes, very deep to see that Donghae still really cared about Yoona, he still loved her. 

When heard Donghae's confession, his heart gave a one hard pounding inside his chest. Those words shocked him so much. Taecyeon was quiet, not even slightly opened his mouth to say anything. He didn't know what kind of a respond he should give. He wasn't confused by Donghae's words, he just didn't know how to control the something that he had to hide it and prevent it not to speak it out.

For him, Donghae looked innocent, totally. In his eyes Donghae looked so pity. Taecyeon knew everything. He took a deep breath before saying

"Hyung do u really don't know about it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"So you really don't know?" he asked it again calmly like before, serious expression wore in his face. The same question that made Donghae in confused mode.

Taecyeon took a deep breath. Again. Prepared himself before continuing his words

"I dont know I should keep it again or not, but when I see your eyes I think I should tell you this"

"I dont know what you mean" Donghae could only stay in curioused expression.

Taecyeon took a glance at his watch and back looked at Donghae's eyes, was doubt at first but then prepared himself to reveal it. After he saw his eyes, a true love showed from his gentle eyes, the true love one, the sincere one that he never saw it from another man before. He thought that this was what the true love was. Until he finally sure to say "Yoona is in hospital, she is being operated now"

Donghae wrinked his eyebrows, looked more confused, questioned his sentence. He couldn't collide Taecyeon's words to became one understandable sentence. He couldn't understand it well, even tough Taecyeon said it clear enough.

"She's sick all the time. She has cancer. That's why she asked to break up with you, and ... " he stopped for a while, looked for a courage to say the last one explanation. "....all your painful moment is her scenario"