The Reason

When The Happiness Is So Expensive

SNSD just finished their schedule in Mokpo and now they back to Seoul with their van at night. Yoona who sat in the back with Taeyeon, Seohyun and Sooyoung still awake while the rest already fell asleep. She was thinking about Donghae's words yesterday. She tried to considering her decision, she couldn't reject him but couldn't accept him back too. 

Seohyun who sat beside her, suddenly woke up and saw Yoona's expression that looked blank.

"Unnie, what's wrong?" she asked her, but no respond from Yoona. She didn't even recognize that seohyun was asking her.

"Unnie, are you thinking about Donghae Oppa?" Yoona finally heard Seohyun's second question, suddenly felt sensitive when Donghae's name mentioned.

"Ah, I don't know. I'm just very confused now" 

"Wae unnie?"

Yoona looked at her with no words, she was hesitated, considered if she had to tell it to Seohyun or not but she believed that the angel maknae must be had good answers to resolve her problems.

"Dont tell about this okay"

Seohyun nodded and promised to keep it as a secret, while Yoona was making sure that the other member still slept and didnt hear her. 

Yoona started to trust her and told everything to her. She told Seohyun about yesterday incident when Donghae asked her to start again. She told Seohyun about her feeling towards Donghae. The feeling that she wanted to start again with him too, the left love feeling she had about Donghae and the uncontrollable feeling when she wanted to be with him again, she just said it out all to Seohyun.

"But.." Yoona was hesitated and looked at Seohyun with deeply and meaningfull stared "I do remember my consequence, i still remember my promise too. I just feel confused with my feelings, what should i do?" 

She explained everything to Seohyun with her sad face, helpless and hopeless voice.

Seohyon hugged Yoona for a second. She tried to at least could make Yoona calm first, before she could advise her.

"Unnie, it's probably heavy for you but you should strongly remember that all of this not only for your best too but for his best too. You should hold and control your feeling for a while just for a while, Unnie. You should do that because you can do that" Seohyun said it so softly, so that Yoona would listen it and accept it. She wanted to make Yoona trust her and follow her words.

She probably the maknae but age was just a number. She was mature enough to answer Yoona's problem. She even made yoona felt wrong with herself. She felt ashame with Seohyun's words, even though Seohyun was younger than her, she could think more clearly and wiser than herself. She said it as she could handle Yoona's problem easily. 

Yoona nodded not just a nod. She accepted what Seohyun had told to her before. Her words made Yoona wake up from the worst feeling she felt. Now she could smile, her smile released her uncontrollable feeling that burdened her all the time. It looked so beautiful that made seohyun happy to finally not see Yoona's sad face again. She knew her smile meant that Yoona not just heard her but followed it too. 

Unfortunately when Yoona told everything to Seohyun, Jessica heard all of it. She didn't sleep all the time. She just closed her eyes. She could heard every single conversation between Yoona with Seohyun. She felt angry, felt mad when Yoona said she wanted to back again with Donghae. She thought Yoona couldn't keep her promises. Yes. Of course she thought like that because she could only heard Yoona's words. She couldn't see Yoona's smile. She didn't know that Yoona already opened up her mind that night. She misunderstood her. 

"I must do something" said her in her heart, confidentaly as she tried to make a plan for Yoona's sake.


On the next day Tiffany and Yoona prepared to go to SBS building. They were guest on a SBS's program for the next episode. Strong heart. A program when you talked about yourself, shared your own story. It more looked like a talk battle to each other and if you could tell a strong story or touching story, you could win that battle.  

And that was what made Tiffany confused now, walked back and forth in the living room, thought about what kind of story she had to tell on strong heart later, while she waited Yoona who was showering.

"Ya Stephany, what are you doing?" asked Jessica who stood only three meters from her as she crossed her hands in front of her chest. She felt annoyed with Tiffany's back and forth walk. Tiffany turned her head to look Jessica and stopped her confused act.

"I'm waiting Yoona. We want to go to on strong heart, but I still don't have story to tell later, ottoke~~? I exactly have a lot of stories but I don't know what kind of story I should share to make me...." and blablabla, she was just babbling and babbling. But Jessica, the ice princess didn't even care about her story, what Jessica gave attention only when Tiffany said "Yoona" and "strong heart". She started to make a plan because of those words.

"Ya, Fany-ya" she called her to make Tiffany stop babbling, so she could continue her words "What about the story when you still learn about Korean language" Jessica waited Tiffany's answer, hoped she will agree.

"Ne? Why that story?"

"It's a good story about your life. There is a sad feeling because people always tricked you and happy moment because you finally understand it. You still didn't give up back then, that's a great story" 

Tiffany smiled and nodded with enthusiasm. She easily totally agreed with Jessica. She made her remember how she fought to learn about Korean language so the other didn't make a trick with her again. She did fight so well. Living so long in america made her should learn about korean language. It was hard but her enthusiasm back then made her can talk and understand korean language so well now. It even became her favorite language.

"Ah, Fany~ya, I heard when you ate with Yoona and Taecyeon, you also got a trick language by them, right?"

"Ah, right, back then they were really cruel to me, they said that....." and blablabla again, she almost told all the story to Jessica who didn't even mean to listen it. She only sighed. That's so Tiffany.

"Ya" jessica cut it. Finally, Tiffany stopped. "You should tell about that too later, it would be good" Jessica waited again for her agreemant.

"Of course I absolutely tell that too" answered her so eager.

Tiffany felt so thank to Jessica. She started to make up how she had to tell the story later. She could imagine how the other guests would listen it. She planned to tell it with all her feeling, so it could become great story. She didn't think how would the reaction would be when she brought Yoona and Taecyeon's name. She, with Taceyeon were a good friend since she was training, everyone knew it. But Taecyeon with Yoona, it would sound fishy for common people.

Jessica only imagined how her plan would begin when Tiffany started to tell her own story. She did her plan through Tiffany while she was just innocent.


When Yoona and Tiffany arrived on strong heart and talk battle began, Tiffany told her story first. She really told all the story what Jessica told to. She told it with her feeling, she even cried when talked about it. She remembered her hard moment. She remembered the thankfully moment when her member helped her to through her hardness life.

Her story succesfully made the other people on strong heart fall for her. But she didn't know, she never knew that when she started to tell the story about Yoona and Taecyeon, Jessica's plan began and the huge problem for Donghae started again. Her story provoked a big news. 

 


Donghae's Room


He laid on his bed, checked out his phone many times. He still waited for Yoona's answer. It was already 3 days when he asked Yoona to come back with him, but still no answer from her until now. He wanted to ask her directly but he tought that he didn't want to force Yoona tough. He wanted to let Yoona answer it by herself because he felt so sure that Yoona would accept him again, he could see from Yoona's eyes that Yoona still loved him. Confidentaly, he felt that he has chance to be with her again. He just needed to wait and wait, until he heard the commotion out there, in the living room. at this night -22:10-

He got up from his bed, wondered what happened out there. He felt like was discussing something, so he went out to check it out. 

In the living room, he saw some member was crowding Ryeoweok's laptop. He approached them, joined with his confused face.

Ryeowook saw him and said "Hyung, is Yoona date with Taecyeon now?" He stared at Donghae with confused face, more confused than Donghae's. Same with the other member who was just staring at him.

"What?" Donghae asked him back, he couldn't get Ryeowook's question.

"Ya, you read it" Heechul took Ryeowook's laptop and brought it to Donghae. He let Donghae read the thing that made all the member crowd and the thing that made Donghae curious.

Now Donghae held the laptop and stared at the screen. He tried to read the big tittle from the article he saw.

 

He was totally suprised even though he just read the tittle, only the title. He continued his reading with his shocked expression that showed clearly on his face. For suju member It was predictable reaction that would come out from Donghae, now they only felt worry about Donghae's next step, because he just read a rumor about Yoona and Taecyeon.

The rumor started when Tiffany said on strong heart about Taecyeon and Yoona. On the internet, It told that Yoona was date with Taecyeon lately. They even rumored wore the same rings and caught often together. But the fact, Tiffany only told that she had ever eaten together with Taecyeon and Yoona, media took a big chance from it to spread it as a big news. That was how the entertainment world works. They looked for a huge ratings for themselves, they didn't care about the person they used as their subject. They only cared about how their story could attach people's attention.

But all of that was exactly Jessica's plan result.

It totally made Donghae shocked. He felt limp and powerless but mad as well. He really couldn't take it as just a rumor. Just a few minutes ago he confidently thought that Yoona still loved him and had a chance to start again but suddenly that confident felling lost from his mind, went down and burried so deep in his mad feeling. He wondered how could this rumor spread on the internet just a few days after he asked Yoona to start again?

The next step he took after reading that article was took his car key and his jacket to meet Yoona soon. He needed a clarification from her. But Heechul, faster than him, suddenly blocked his way. 

"What are you doing?" Heechul's words sounded like warned him instead of asked him.

"Hyung, don't against me now"

"I don't want to against you, give me your key, let me ride for you, it's dangerous if you drive when you feel unstable" Heechul took Donghae's key and walked outside without Donghae's agreement. But donghae didn't want to argue about it now, he just followed him.

 


 

Meanwhile In front of SNSD's apartement, Yoona met with Taecyeon who came to see her, something led him to meet Yoona at this time. They met for something. Yoona asked him for something.

"Gomawo~yo Oppa and I'm sorry if the rumor burdens you" thanked Yoona as she smiled beautifully that made taecyeon burden, not because of the rumor, but because the smile of Yoona that looked so fresh, pretty, and awesome. The killer smile she had that could make all the boys melted (even Donghae who often saw that smile still melted) the smile that burdened Taecyeon so much because he held so hard not to blush, even he was already blushing.

"That's ok, it doesn't burden me at all. I even felt so honour because I've been rumored with you"

"What? honour? that's too much Oppa" Yoona laughed, took Taecyeon's words as a joke for her, even though he was serious.

The weather at that time was not really good. It cloudy and windy. Yoona could feel a wind that blew her long brown hair. She looked so gorgeous instead of messy because of that. And gladly not much people out there at this time. First because of the weather and second was because of the time, it was already midnight. That was why Yoona took a chance to talk with Taecyeon, at this night they could talk freely even though in front of her dorm. 

They chatted only for a while and sometimes laughed at something funny which came out from Taecyeon's joke. Yoona finally could feel happy again, fresh expression showed so clearly on her face. She, when with Taecyeon looked so cheerful. She felt like all the problem she had was nothing now. She felt so easy to laugh.

Different, very different when she was with Donghae.

Not long after that taecyeon left, their conversation ended. He waved goodbye to Yoona and Yoona waved him back, still with her beautiful smile on her face. While Taecyeon already left and Yoona wanted to come into her dorm, suddenly sound of someone who closed the car's door was heard, made Yoona turned her head to the source of that sound. She could see someone out of car and approached her but not really sure who he was, because it was dark. 

Yoona saw him walked closer and closer towards her. She was just afraid with the man who approached her but she still didn't know who that was.

The lamps in the street finally lighted his shadow, his posture and his figure, made Yoona sure enough now that someone who approached her was, Donghae.

Yes, it was Donghae who just came out from his car. He approached Yoona, walked to near her like there was a fire arround his body, a fire of jealousy. Untill he arrived right in front of her, so close with her, close enough that made Donghae can see clearly her shocked face.

"Oh, Oppa..." she looked suprised, totally. Saw donghae suddenly appeared in front of her. She could only suprised of course.

Yoona suddenly had a feeling that Donghae probably watched her with Taecyeon before. And what made her suprised than seeing Donghae who suddenly came was her feeling was right.

Actually they already arrived in front of SNSD's dorm a while ago, they just a few meters from Yoona and Taecyeon back then. Donghae and Heechul saw and watched everything they did. At that time, Donghae felt sad, mad, furious and annoyed. He felt like the fire of jealousy burned his body and his heart when he saw Yoona smile at Taecyeon. They looked so close while they talked. Yoona even looked more happy while with Taecyeon. That time, Donghae wanted to out from his car while Yoona was talking with Taecyeon, but Heechul held him and warned him to do not make a fuss again.

Meanwhile Heechul just waited in the car. Watched their silence moment.

Donghae was quiet for a while. He just looked at Yoona sadly. He wanted to cry when saw her face.

"Are you really date with him?" that the first question which Donghae was dying to asked after meeting Yoona. He didn't even say hi to her. He only cared about Yoona and Taecyeon's rumor now.

"Oppa.." Yoona hadn't finish her words yet but Donghae already cut it.

"Tell me that rumor isn't true. Tell me that you don't love him, tell me you still love me" He asked it impatient.

Yoona just looked at him with her tears on her eyes. She was afraid of herself. She couldn't say anything. She couldn't give respond to him immediately. They just looked at each other, until Yoona broke the ice.

"Mianhae oppa" Yoona only said sorry to him, not a reason that Donghae wanted to hear. It made Donghae drowned so deep in his pain "That rumor is my answer to you" she continued her explanation and Donghae collapsed.

"What?" Donghae frowned, didn't believe it at all. "No, Yoong, impossible. Tell me you are lying, tell me that you are joking now" Donghae held Yoona's hand "Tell me Im Yoona" Donghae shook it, forced her to tell what he wanted to hear. Yoona looked at him sadly. Yes, she did lie to donghae, but she couldn't admit it, she couldn't explain the real story to him. She just wanted to make Donghae believe about that rumor. She did it for his best.

- Song for this scene (i strongly recomended you to hear it ^^ thx)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysIcR-JLXD8 -

"Mianhae oppa, I dont love you anymore, I dont want to start again with you, I'm sick of you" Yoona removed her hand from him. She could remove it easily because Donghae didn't hold it strongly this time, yeah that was because Donghae suddenly lost all his power. He felt collapse for a sec because of Yoona.

He heard Yoona's words like a thunder, he felt this feeling again like when Yoona asked him to break up in the backstage. He could feel again the feeling which he succeds to forget but now it happened again. It woke up again but the different of the feeling in the backstage and now was... it more hurt than that time. 

Yoona walked away from him. She left Donghae alone there even though her steps felt heavy to walk, she kept walkinG moreover she couldn't say anything to him, left him was better than with him, because it only could make her want to cry hard. 

While Donghae looked at Yoona left him. He only could see Yoona's back. He felt sick, sad, and collapse. He wanted to chase Yoona but he didn't do it. He couldn't do it. It was impossible now to ask her again. He felt like he lost his power, his spirit, his life, lost everything.

He walked, not to chase Yoona but to left that place, walked away from it. He couldn't hold all of his problem again. He just kept walking, passed his car where there was Heechul inside. His action made Heechul confused.

He just kept walking as far as he could.

Heechul took his step to out of that car and called him to back, but Donghae just ignored him, didn't even turn arround to give respond to Heechul. He just kept walking straight, didnt even look back, he felt blank. At that time Heechul wanted to apprroach him, but he knew what donghae needed at this time was

A peace.

So, he gave it to him, with not bother him at this time, didn't chase him or force him to back. He knew the problem Donghae carried was haevy enough. He could only hope Donghae could throw it away.

Thankfully the street which Donghae walked didn't really full of cityzens because of the weather, cloudy like Donghae's heart, windy like Donghae's tears. He walked as his tears falling down until he stopped at the place when no one was there, at the park.

He quite blank, couldn't think anything. He even couldn't remember his sweet moments with Yoona again, because it covered by all the pain he felt. He never thought that this would turn so bad. He could only predict yoona would accept him again and be with her again but the fact, Yoona totally dumped him. He even never tought that Yoona would choose Taecyeon over him. He never imagined that this would happen. He could only accept that he had to face all of this.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH" His husky voice could be heard over the lonely park, his gentle voice echoed so hard. Donghae screamed in that place, he tried to release everything he fel. He released his anger, his sadness, his pain that he held so long as he now seriously tried want to forget Yoona from his life.

 


 

 

 

next chapter preview

- Donghae started to forget yoona little by little

- Jessica approached him in the bar, asked him to start again with her, asked him to date!

- Yoona often absent when perform.

- Donghae asked Taecyeon to meet.

what would happen next, did donghae accept jessica? would haesica moment back again? would donghae worried about yoona often absent from stage? or he already totally forget her and didnt care at all? And what did donghae want to say to taecyeon? Soon the reason why yoona wanted to break up with donghae would reveal.