Some say the world will end in fire....

The Howling - Part IV: Inevitable

 

When and where Jongin moved, Joonmyun's eyes followed, never leaving him, taking in his features and the way the lights made his tanned skin glow. He was beautiful and so much less threatening than what the elder knew lay beneath his flesh. Joonmyun didn't want to be afraid of Kai, but it's natural instinct for humans to be afraid of that which they don't know. 
 
Joonmyun remained in his chair as Jongin sprawled out on the grass just a few feet away, still watching the boy with a strong fondness that he couldn't seem to place with an emotion. As he sat there, he let his eyes flutter shut, body swaying lightly to the music that played in the background. A few minutes later, he opened his eyes, an idea in mind and a smile on his lips. 
 
Quietly, he pushed himself out of his chair before wandering over to Jongin, biting his lip as he looked down at the boy and offered his hand. "Dance with me, Jongin?"

 

Being so close to the full moon, Jongin's senses were on such a high that he could almost hear the gentle buzz of bees as they visited the flowers one last time before calling it a night. He could hear every soft whisper of the breeze as it carefully crept its way through the flowers around them; could hear every beat of Joonmyun's heart as the boy sat calm and silent; and he could hear the music. It hadn't been so noticeable at first, but maye now he was infinitely more relaxed than he had been before.
 
His eyes lifted to watch the elder as he stood, as he walked over to where Jongin lay, as he bit his lip and as he held out one hand.
 
"Hyu--"
 
His voice died in his throat at the elder's request, and he found himself blushing as he carefully lifted one hand, his fingers fitting perfectly with Joonmyun's - as if they belonged there - before he pushed himself up with his other hand. Once he was straight, he let his free arm sit where it rested, fingers into the back of Joonmyun's shirt as he smiled down at the slightly shorter male.
 
"Of course I will..."

 

Only when Joonmyun let out a soft sigh of relief did he realize that he'd been holding his breath as he waited for a response from the younger male. Jongin agreed and the elder couldn't help but smile, letting the boy pull him in and hold him. In a near instant, Joonmyun melted again him, fitting in against his torso as if he'd been made for him. 
 
A blush tinted his cheeks as he looked up at Jongin for a moment before ducking his head, forehead pressing against the warm skin of the younger male's neck. It really was as if Jongin had been made for him, because no matter what, everything felt right and everything always fit perfectly. 
 
It took a long moment, but Joonmyun finally lifted his arms, looping them around Jongin's waist and linking his fingers behind the boy's back. He wanted to say something, anything, but he didn't know what and he was afraid if he said the first thing that came to mind he'd say the wrong thing and that wasn't a chance he wanted to take. 

 

There was a moment when Jongin's heart fluttered in his chest, and he breathed out slowly as Joonmyun fitted against him. He let his body take over, fingers smoothing across the small of Joonmyun's back as the elder's forehead pressed against the crook of his neck. It was as he breathed back in that he noticed the elder's scent, and he breathed in deep, letting the scent ade his senses and soak into his pores, spicy and unique and forever Joonmyun.
 
"Hyung..." The word was a softness breathed against the elder's hair as his nerves jolted at the sudden feel of Joonmyun's arms around his waist. 
 
He didn't know what else to say, wasn't even sure if anything else /needed/ to be said, so he remained silent, did what he did naturally and just held Joonmyun. A smile quirked his lips, and he pressed the smile into the elder's dark hair as he slowly started to move in time to the music. It might've been incredibly cheesy, incredibly cliche...but Jongin was beyond caring. This was one moment he didn't want to be ruined, and he really didn't care if he was as cheesy as a cheese pizza.
 
Joonmyun was his, this moment was theirs and it was all he needed to lose himself. All he wanted was right there, in his arms, and nothing was going to ruin it. The thought had him smiling, and he curled his fingers a litlte more into the elder's shirt as he swayed, his lips and nose pressing just lightly into the elder's dark locks.

 

Joonmyun wasn't sure whether it was the swaying or if, perhaps, it was Jongin being so close, so warm, so gentle and caring and loving, but there was a light buzz that started in the back of his mind and quickly made its way to his stomach. It churned, but the feeling was pleasant and he found himself clinging tighter to Jongin as a soft whine left his lips. 
 
For a long moment, he stood motionless in Jongin's arms, only moved by the slight way that the younger boy rocked back and forth. Joonmyun didn't want to move, didn't want to let go of this, of Jongin, and it almost hurt just thinking about it. There was a want -- a mutual want, Joonmyun knew -- to be with each other, close to each other and it was mindblowing to the elder how much id had grown in the past two days alone. 
 
The desire to touch couldn't be helped, and Joonmyun curled his fingers into Jongin's shirt, into the flesh and muscle of his back as he pressed closer. It wasn't enough; it simply wasn't enough anymore. To be close, to hold hands or hug or even the soft kisses on the cheek. 
 
With another subdued whimper, Joonmyun raised his head and pulled back just enough to crane his head so that he could see Jongin. Not another sound passed his lips as he lifted his arm, hand moving to cup around the back of the boy's neck before he tugged him down. Joonmyun leaned up, meeting the younger half way as he tentatively pressed their lips together. 
 
Joonmyun's breath was gone in an instant, leaving him in a rush of air, but he couldn't be bothered to care. His lips caught fire, burning against the smooth heat of Jongin's own lips, warmth filling him to the core as he struggled to keep his grip on reality. 

 

The saying went 'some say the world will end in fire.'[1] For Jongin, fire was the least of his worries. He already ran hot enough that regular 'hot' temperatures didn't really do much for him. Cold didn't really affect him much either, so there was little issue in the world being destroyed by ice. If he had to choose a way to perish, neither by fire nor by ice, but by the presence, the touch and the embrace of one Kim Joonmyun.
 
He was conscious of every noise the elder male made, every soft whimper and breath that hitched in his throat. He was conscious of the fingers curling into his shirt, curling into flesh and muscle. He was conscious o the warmth that said touch created, of a fire that burned molten and hot through his veins. 
 
That mutual want, the desire he knew Joonmyun possessed that was so mirrored to his own, burst from a million nerve endings at the sudden softness of warm lips pressing against his own. Lost in his confusion, Jongin didn't realize until a few seconds had passed that Joonmyun was kissing him, before instinct began to guide his actions. He dragged the fingers of one hand up, thumb caressing a sharp jaw, palm cupping the smooth surface of Joonmyun's cheek, fingers curling into a strong hip.
 
His lips parted a little, hand moving so he could tangle his digits through the soft strands of dark hair as he leaned closer, drinking in Joonmyun's touch and taste and scent. Some said the world would end in fire, some said in ice. From what Jongin could taste of desire, he held with those who favored fire...[2]
 

[1] "some say..... in fire": Robert Frost's Fire and Ice

[2] "Some said the world...... those who favored fire...": Altered from Robert Frost's Fire and Ice