Preparations

The Howling - Part IV: Inevitable

 

At the name and the memories that surrounded it, Joonmyun froze, his stomach churning as a rather unpleasant taste filled his mouth. No longer hungry, he set his bowl aside and pulled his knees up to his chest. He gave the younger a quick glance before looking away. "Can we not talk about that. Please." It wasn't a request; Joonmyun simply didn't want to talk about anything that involved the vile man and that was that. 
 
He didn't want to have to think about the nails that had tore through his sink a month ago, the scars that still disturbed the natural look and feel of his skin; he didn't want to have to think about all the cruel words, the advances, being caught in a room with him while Jongin wasn't there. But, perhaps the thing he didn't want to think about most was what had happened just over a week ago, the look in his eyes, the low words, the helplessness.... the screams.... and the blood. 
 
After a moment, after drawing himself from his thoughts the television and the movie caught his attention and he glanced that way before back at Jongin. "Do you want to try watching again since we fell asleep earlier?" Joonmyun didn't mind either way, just something to pass another few hours before he had to make escuses to get himself and Jongin cleaned up. 

 

Jongin regretted saying what he had a moment later when he felt all of it rushing to the surface, all if it coming from Joonmyun. He pushed himself off the bed, kneeling in front of Joonmyun as he breathed out. "I'm sorry," he whispered, fingers curling into Joonmyun's pants leg as he pressed his forehead against his leg. "I didn't mean... I really didn't mean to make you upset..."
 
He stayed still for a long time, not moving again until Joonmyun spoke. When he did, the younger pulled back, straightening as he rose to his full height before he eyed the television. "I suppose we could... watch it again. Gimme a sec..."
 
He offered Joonmyun a small smile before he stepped around the bed and made his way over to the bathroom. He returned a few moments later with a cloth that he'd soaked in cold water, and his shirt removed. The fever was already beginning to creep up on him, and this time he wanted to remain as stable as he could. He settled back on the bed, draping the cloth over his shoulders before he smiled. 
 
"All set."

 

When Jongin knelt on the floor before him, Joonmyun didn't know whatvto do, didn't know what he could do.without it causing himself to break down. So, he sat still, merely watching the younger boy as he apologized; it wasn't his fault, really, because he hadn't known how the elder would react. It just wasn't his fault, but before he could say as much, Jongin was moving away, disappearing into the bathroom. 
 
In the few moments he was gone, Joonmyun put the remaining food and dishes back on the tray and poured himself a quarter glass of tea, downing it before crawling back up on the bed. He grabbed the remote and hit replay before pausing it as he pulled his knees to his chest and continued to wait for Jongin to return. 
 
Upon Jongin's return, it only took Joonmyun half a second to figure out why he was shirtless and carry a wet towel: the fever. There was no doubt it had started, which gave the elder an indication just how close the full moon was. Tomorrow night, it would come, and tonight would be Joonmyun's only chance for... this... because he wasn't going to wait another month to do it again. 
 
As the younger settled on the bed, Joonmyun did as well, curling up on his side before pressing 'play' and skipping through the beginning credits. The last thing he was aware of, probably ten minutes later, was something about a '', and then all was dark. 
 
-
 
It was only a short time later when he felt something nudging his arm, waking him up. Groggily, Joonmyun turned over and blinked away the sleep before looking up at the person hovering over him. After a moment of disorientation, he realized it was Sunny, and she was pressing and index finger to her lips before tapping it against her wrist. She did it once more after Joonmyun blinked and quirked an eyebrow, and that's when he understood: time to get ready. 
 
After giving the young woman a nod, she left quietly, leaving Joonmyun to wake Jongin and make sure he was clean and dressed on time. He turned back over, facing the sleeping boy and curling into his side. "Jongin-ah~" He whispered, pressing his lips against the feverish skin  of the boy's shoulder. "Time to wake up. We have to shower and get dressed, okay?" 
 
Joonmyun decided on giving the younger male a moment to wake up while he grabbed the bathroom first. So, after gathering a set of clothes -- ones he found in the back of Jongin's wardrobe that he thought might fit -- he slipped into the other room to take a shower. 

 

The cool towel managed to stop the slow ebb of the fever that wouldn't really get worse until the morning, but it also helped him relax as he shifted closer to Joonmyun, the fingers of one hand lightly trailing up and down the elder male's forearm. Maybe it was the constant lack of sleep, or the stress his body was starting to be put under, but he found himself falling asleep just as Nemo was captured and taken on the ''.
 
--
 
He was aware of a very pleasant warmth when he came back to consciousness, but whether it was from his own body heat or from Joonmyun's presence, he didn't know. Either way, it was soothing enough that he didn't want to leave it just let, and let out a soft whine as he curled into the pillows and the warm body at his side.
 
"Five more minutes," he breathed out against Joonmyun's neck as he held the boy close, still seemingly lost in dream land and it wasn't until Joonmyun pulled away entirely, leaving only a kiss in his wake, that Jongin stirred and woke up.
 
"hmm..?" 
 
His voice was a sleepy grumble, and he rubbed the heel of one hand into his eye as he watched the elder disappear into the bathroom, before he yawned and straightened, pulling himself into a seated position. Why had he just been woken up?

 

Joonmyun sped through his shower, barely taking ten minutes to scrub his hair and body before he was stepping back out on to the cool floor and beginning to dry himself off. He was antsy now, so all he did was wrap the towel around his waist and grab his clothes before shuffling back out into the other room. He tossed his clothes on the end of the bed before grabbing Jongin by the wrist and shoving him off towards the bathroom. 
 
"Go. Be clean." Again. "And don't ask questions." Joonmyun shut the bathroom door once Jongin was inside, pausing long enough to catch his breath before moving back over to the bed where he finished drying off and proceeded to get dressed. He'd set to buttoning up the dress shirt, which fit quite nicely, when he decided that dress pants were a bit much and switched them out for a nice pair of jeans. 
 
To keep himself busy, he shuffled through Jongin's wardrobe again and pulled out a black dress shirt for him with a nice pair of light-wash jeans. After laying them out on the bed, Joonmyun shuffled over to the balcony door and stepped outside to watch the sunset, something to keep him occupied until Jongin was finished. 

 

Still in his half asleep daze, Jongin didn't complain when suddenly there was a half - what? - Joonmyun standing in front of him, save for the brief moment in which his eyes dragged up and down the elder's form. Those eyes momentarily stopped on Joonmyun's stomach, and he stared atthe smooth expanse of skin for a long time before he was sddenly dragged towards the bathroom and then pushed through the door.
 
Huffing, he rubbed one eye as he looked around the bathroom, before he poked his head out the door. "Hyung... Nice abs," he called, giving Joonmyun a sleepy yet playful grin before he shut the door. 
 
The act of actually cleaning was easy, and he was out after a quick rinse off and shampooing of his hair. After wrapping a towel around his waist, another over his head to dry his hair, he wandered back out into the bedroom. His eyes caught sight of the clothes on the bed, but his nose caught Joonmyun's scent out on his balcony, and he smiled to himself as he dressed slowly, shuffling out to the balcony a few minutes later with his dress shirt half buttoned up.
 
"...what's the occasion?" he asked, eyeing Joonmyun with a confused gilnt in his eyes.