Trust Me

The Howling - Part IV: Inevitable

 

The sun had mostly set by the time Joonmyun had made his way outside and the cool air nipped at his exposed skin. Despite the slight chill to the air, he wasn't too concerned about it; if the boys had followed through with what he'd asked, then it would actually be pleasantly warm where they were going. If not, then he had Jongin to keep him warm and he was sure the younger male wouldn't complain, save maybe to say that they should go inside. 
 
At hearing Jongin's voice, Joonmyun turned around, eyes raking over the younger boy, breath catching in his throat at the way the moonlight caught his tanned skin. He was gorgeous, and goddammit, he looked good in a dress shirt. Though, perhaps it was a bit -- but not too much -- small, but Joonmyun wouldn't complain at the way it fit him. 
 
"I said don't ask questions," he teased as he approached the male, giving him a soft smile before moving to button his shirt up to the top two, leaving them open more for Jongin's comfort so that he didn't feel suffocated. Through the open balcony door, Joonmyun caught a rather loud knock on the bedroom door, and he glanced up at Jongin once more, giving him another grin before tugging him back into the room. 
 
By the time he had crossed the room, nerves had taken over and he was forcing away thoughts of doubt. Joonmyun wasn't sure how this was going to go, but he had to try; he just had to try. So, with only a split second of hesitation, he pulled the bedroom door open and slipped out into the hall, tugging Jongin with him. 

 

Jongin folded his arms a little as he stepped out onto the balcony, smiling at the sight of the elder male bathed in moonlight. "Beautiful," the word slipped out before he could stop himself, and he was momentarily thankful of the elder stepping forward to finish buttoning his shirt because he was really ready to bash his brain to mouth filter in the head again. 
 
"Fine, no questions," he pouted as he watched Joonmyun, even as his hand lifted so he could fix up the elder's bangs. "You're being sneaky; and I'm as curious as heck... But I'm going to trust you and keep my mouth shut..."
 
He brushed his fingers along Joonmyun's cheek just before the elder was dragging him back into the room, and he followed along like the obedient puppy he was, mind buzzing with questions and skin warming at the elder's touch.

 

Joonmyun knew that Jongin was curious; hell, he'd be curious, too, but the boy had to trust him -- did trust him -- and the elder merely grinned as they walked down the hall. Once they'd reached the door that led out and down to the gardens, he stopped and cracked the door open, quickly shutting it again when he saw the glow that eminated from somewhere amidst the garden. 
 
"Close your eyes," he said, giving Jongin's hand a soft squeeze. Joonmyun only waited long enough for the boy to comply before opening the door once again and leading him out into the cool night air. For once, the elder was grateful for the near full moon, because he gave him the light he needed to be able to see to be able to ascend the stairs without tripping or falling. 
 
Once at the botton, Joonmyun wound his way through the garden, towards the light, his heart beginning to pound against his chest with each step. Could Jongin hear it? If he did, was he worried? Nervous? Joonmyun was, but he had to keep telling himself that this was what he needed to do. Before he knew it, the light was just around the corner, and he paused long enough to take a breath before pulling Jongin in that direction. 
 
Joonmyun lost the ability to breathe when he saw what the boy's had done, the trouble they had to have gone through. Stars surrounded them, lights woven intricately through the bushes and hung over head, bathing them in a sea of golden light. Small torches circled a table set for two, and it was covered with a table cloth and silver colored trays with lids to protect their contents. 
 
After regaining his senses, Joonmyun turned to Jongin and leaned up to press a kiss to his cheek before whispering against his skin. "You can open your eyes now." 

 

Jongin hesitated at the stairs, unsure if he should close his eyes as he remembered the last time they'd been faced with stairs in the dark. "...Don't trip. I won't be able to catch you with my eyes closed," he murmured, as he slowly closed his eyes and squeezed the elder's hand and arm gently. 
 
Outside, the call of the almost full moon was strong enough that Jongin could feel it rouse Kai from the slumber he'd been in. The wolf couldn't wait for the full moon, Jongin only wished it never came.
 
"I trust you," he breathed, leaning in to press asoft kiss against the back of Joonmyun's shoulder as he stepped closer, eyes closed as the elder had asked as he followed him through the maze. He could easily hear the elder's heart beating rapdily in his chest, and of course he was a little concerned, but he knew there was no danger, so he merely rubbed Joonmyun's arm again and smiled.
 
It was the soft kiss pressing to his cheek, and the words whispered against his skin, that had Jongin opening his eyes, and he was silent for a long moment as he took in the scene before him, before he slid his arms around Joonmyun's waist and tugged him closer for a hug. 
 
"This is beautiful," he whispered softly, pulling back to look around the scene again, lips lifted in a small smile.

 

Joonmyun didn't know how he'd expected Jongin to react to the setting, the romantic placement, the implied intimacy, but he was sure that he wanted to take that expression on the boy's face and frame it for all eternity. There was something so fond and -- this part almost scared Joonmyun -- loving in the way the younger took in the garden and the lights and the table setting, and there was something even more in the way Jongin held him. 
 
The elder pressed against Jongin as he was tugged closer, falling completely into the younger as his arms enveloped him. Over and over again, he kept falling into the unknowing abyss that everything that concerned Jongin, but he had no desire to save himself and be saved. If being here with Jongin meant that he'd never know where he was going, then he'd willingly walk blind with him, just to be close to him. 
 
"I'm glad you like it, Jongin." I was so afraid you weren't going to like it. Joonmyun pulled back after a moment, just enough to glance up at the younger boy and give him a soft, fond smile. Not long after, he turned and looked at the table before slipping futher out of Jongin's grip and taking his hand. "Shall we?" Joonmyun motioned to the table, tugging lightly on Jongin's wrist. 
 
So far.... so good. 

 

Jongin was sure that if he kept smiling the way he was his lips would be perpetually stuck in a stasis of stiffness, not that he really cared. Joonmyun had set this up - with the help of the boys and Sunny of course - but he'd set it up nonetheless. What was this? A... a date? The thought had warmth rushing through Jongin's body and he pressed the softest kiss to the curve of Joonmyun's neck as the elder pulled away and linked their fingers.
 
"This is amazing, hyung," he breathed out, following the elder as he was tugged gently towards the table. "Really, it is... I can't believe you did something like this..."
 
He knew he was probably repeating himself, but he didn't know what else to say. Instead he carefully unlinked their fingers so he could pull out one of the chairs for Joonmyun, cheeks stained pink as his bangs fell into his eyes, hiding his gaze from view as he struggled with a smile so wide that it no doubt would still hurt his cheeks in the morning.