Just Trust Me

The Howling - Part IV: Inevitable

 

Feeling the slight shift of Joonmyun's body, Jongin smiled, his fingers slowly breaking the link with the elder's so he could turn his body a little more towards his mate. This way, the elder could press against his chest rather than his side, and he let his fingers drift along Joonmyun's waist, his eyes closing.
 
"We should go inside..." he said softly as he felt Joonmyun shiver against him. "It would kind of if you got sick so soon after being sick..."
 
He didn't want to move, didn't want to lose this moment... one that might not come again, but he didn't want Joonmyun to get sick simply because he couldn't let go of this one single moment when he had the elder in his arms.
 
"What about the balcony? The chairs can be stretched out... and I've got all those blankets; and a new door..." he couldn't help but smile, remembering how much effort the boys had gone through to replace his door.

 

As expected, Jongin suggested that they go inside, and Joonmyun was going to shake his head when another shiver made its way up his spine. He was warmer now, though, pleasantly so as the younger male's fingers lingered around his waist. But that warmth couldn't last forever, because the night would only grow colder, putting him at a greater risk for something that would incapacitate him once again; that was the last thing he wanted. 
 
At the mention of the balcony, Joonmyun glanced up, giving Jongin a slight nod and a soft smile. "The balcony sounds good." Being curled up in one of the chairs, under a huge pile of blankets, with no one but Jongin next to him... yes, that sounded absolutely amazing. 
 
Giving a small hum of discontent, Joonmyun pulled away and sat upright before pushing himself to his feet. The cold night air hit his face, his neck, his hands, and his wrist where the sleeve of his jacket had come up, exposing his skin, and he shivered at the loss of warmth from Jongin. After a moment, he turned to the boy and held his head out to him, and offer to help him back to his feet as well as an excuse to have some part of Jongin against him. 
 
Joonmyun's need for contact with the boy was almost desperate, but he wouldn't fight it; Jaejoong had told him to let the bond lead him and that's what he intended to do. Right now, he needed that contant, that reassurance that Jongin was right there with him. 

 

Jongin's smile only grew when Joonmyun agreed with his offer, because really... curling up with the elder under a huge blanket on a chair sounded like a great idea, even Kai agreed. in breath when the elder pulled away, Jongin sat up slowly and looked up at Joonmyun, before reaching out to take the hand offered. 
 
"You're cold..." he mused, pursing his lips as he rose to his feet and rolled his shoulders. Shifting, he turned Joonmyun in the direction of the manor, and drew up beside him, carefully looping an arm around his shoulder in an attempt to help the boy stay warm. "Better?"
 
He glanced at Joonmyun carefully, before leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to the side of the elder's head. "It's a beautiful night tonight. I always love looking at the moon when it's almost, but not, full. It holds so much beauty without the threat of fever and pain if you refuse the Change..."
 
Looking away, he started walking, guiding Joonmyun back through the dark maze, towards the stairs at the back of the manor.

 

The moment Joonmyun had Jongin's hand again there was warmth, spreading from his fingers and up his arm and through his chest. Though, somehow, he still felt cold to the boy. Then again, the younger male had a higher than average body temperature, and Joonmyun was no more than a human with nothing but jeans, a shirt, and a jacket to keep him warm. Of course he'd feel cold to him. 
 
A soft shiver ran up the length of his spine as Jongin's arms wrapped around his shoulder, fending off the cold in a near instant. After the heat from the kiss again his head had subsided enough that he could think, Joonmyun glanced up, fixing Jongin with a smile and a nod before turning back to watch where he was going, not that it was helpful, because it was pitch black now a he didn't know the maze. So, he just closed his eyes -- he could see just as well that way -- and leaned into the boy, resting his head against his shoulder. 
 
"Jongin..." he whispered hesitantly. "Tomorrow afternoon, everyone might be acting a bit odd, but don't ask questions, okay? Just.... just trust me, okay?" Joonmyun had to tell him something, and it seemed like a good idea to let him know that something going on without telling him exactly. Besides, with a warning and instructions to not ask questions, Jongin was probably more likely to listen. 

 

Joonmyun's skin was cooler to the touch, but it wasn't just because he ran hotter than humans. There /was/ a chill in the air, and even he was feeling cold - but maybe that was because he wasn't wearing much. He smiled when Joonmyun leaned into him more, his fingers curling just that little bit more into the elder's shoulder as he led him around corners and down paths before they emerged from the maze atthe bottom of the stairs.
 
He glanced up at Joonmyun's voice, questioning flickering through his eyes before he smiled faintly. "If you're asking me to trust you and to not question the strangeness of my friends - who always act just a little bit odd - I'm inclined to listen to you, Joonmyun..."
 
His words were accompanied by another nuzzle into the elder's hair, the teen hesitating a mmoent to breathe in the elder's scent before he hummed and nudged him up the stairs. "Go on. I'm right behind you. I won't let you fall, but take it slow... the steps are killer in the dark..."

 

Joonmyun chuckled softly at the younger male's reaction, his words, and he leaned into Jongin for a brief moment before he was being nudged towards the stairs. He paused for a moment, giving a nod -- that he wasn't sure Jongin could even see -- as he took the warning to mind. 
 
But.... it was just like him to trip on the first one, a soft squeak coming from his throat as he -- thankfully -- caught himself on the railing. Joonmyun huffed and took a moment to calm his startled heart before continuing on. Having Jongin behind him, however, proved to make him more clumsy than he normally would have been, and by the fourth time he'd tripped he was considering just crawling the rest of the way. 
 
He wasn't sure how much further they had to go when he stopped and let out a small whine. Since when had simply climbing a set of stairs become so difficult? Yes, it was pitch black. Yes, Joonmyun was distracted with Jongin behind him, but he was still falling over himself more than he should have been.