You Really Don't Remember Me?

Hearts Will Never Change

Days have passed since Jinyoung and Lila’s date with each other. Whenever Jinyoung went to school, they would spend breaks together and just enjoy each other’s company without thinking too much into their relationship. Lila liked it like that, not worrying about any deep relationship for the time being and simply enjoying each other. “I’m sorry I can’t take you home today,” Jinyoung said giving a smile to Lila as she walked with him to his next class. She had a break for a while, but he had to attend another class.

            “It’s alright,” Lila said giving a smile. “I understand.”

            “Baro, Gongchan, and I are filming today so Gongchan isn’t going to be in class.”

            “That’s fine, he’s not in my afternoon classes anyway,” she said with a slight laugh.

            “Okay, just forewarning you.”

            “Got it,” Lila said nodding her head. “Anyway, here is your class. You should get going.”

            “What are you going to do now?” Jinyoung asked hoping to extend the time that he would get to stay with Lila longer. He didn’t want to leave her.

           “I think I’ll go to the small café that’s on the corner,” she said looking down the direction where it was. “Oppa, you better go study, you don’t want to be late and fall behind.”

            “Of course,” he said reaching out and ruffling the top of my hair a little bit. “Don’t drink too much caffeine, though.”

            “I won’t, now hurry inside or else you’re going to be late. I’ll contact you later, oppa.”

            “Bye,” Jinyoung said waving before he entered the building of his next class.

            Lila saw him disappear before she turned around to walk to the café before she felt another presence besides her. Gently looking over, she saw that it was Sandeul standing there and walking besides her. Even though it was making her nervous that he was standing there, she did her best to pretend like she didn’t notice his presence, but it was no use.

            “I know you already saw my very good looks,” Sandeul said with a big smile as he looked at Lila. He saw Lila look at him and he felt happy that she at least looked at him and didn’t push him away. “You’re too shocked to say anything, right?”

            “Oh, um…Sandeul…what are you doing here?” Lila asked doing her best to remain calm and collected in the presence of Sandeul.

            “Call me Sandeul oppa,” he pleaded with her. “We’ve seen each other enough times to get comfortable with you calling me that. You are younger than me, I’m sure.”

            Sandeul wanted Lila to remember him. He wanted her to see that they had something in the past. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to get back together or not with her since he was with Eunji, but he wanted to explain what happened in the past. He wanted to tell Lila once and for all what happened before and why he had to break up with her. However, if it turned out that Lila really didn’t remember him then he was just going to give up. There was no use living in the past if he was the only one that was.

            “I…I guess,” Lila hesitated. She didn’t want to call Sandeul oppa, but figuring that she would need to in order to keep up her lie, she was going to do it.

            “So, you’re going to the café down there, right? I’ll come with you.”

            “What are you talking about?” Lila asked him as he slung his arm around her neck and brought her close to him.

            “Let’s go to the café,” he said completely ignoring her question as he began skipping towards the café. It was the Sandeul that Lila was used to, the Sandeul that acted like that during their days of dating. It was the Sandeul that she missed after he broke up with her, but now she didn’t miss his presence much anymore.

            The inside of the café was mostly empty since it was the early afternoon and neither Sandeul nor Lila had any classes that they had to attend. After a while, Sandeul picked up on the fact that Lila didn’t have any classes and always attempted to find her during their break together, but he would always be unsuccessful. There would be times when he would spy her, but once she saw sight of him, she would just turn around and walk the other way. If Sandeul had thought more into it, he would’ve figured out that Lila was ignoring him, but he just took it as that she had suddenly remembered that she had something to do. He figured that it was part of her memory loss, forgetting things easily.

            “What do you want? I’ll get it for you,” Sandeul said before he took back his words. “On second thought…I’ll be right back, I’ll get it for you.”

            “But I didn’t even say anything,” Lila said as she watched Sandeul hop out of the seat and go over to get the order. He hoped that he would be able to job Lila’s memory by ordering her favorite thing for her, but then he started regretting his words and wondered if it would sound like he was stalking her. However creepy it might seem, he was going to do it.

            On the other hand, Lila knew that Sandeul still believed her when she said that she didn’t remember him at all and she figured that he was attempting to do his best to make her remember him. Suddenly she felt regretful about lying to him. It was the first time she had lied to him and here she was just sitting there while he was doing his best. But Lila didn’t see the purpose in having Sandeul try so hard to have her regain her memories. Why would he try so hard to have her remember when he was in his own relationship?

            “Are you thinking about Jinyoung-hyung that much?” Sandeul asked sitting down at the table and handing over a hot chocolate to Lila. “You don’t drink coffee, right?”

            “Not that much,” Lila said looking down at the hot chocolate. “Thank you, by the way.”

            “No problem,” Sandeul said as he drank some of his. “You…you didn’t look like a coffee drinker, but seriously, were you really thinking about Jinyoung-hyung so much that you were spacing out and muttering to yourself?”

            “I was?” Lila asked.

            “Yeah, I heard you muttering something, but I couldn’t make out any words, sorry.”

            “Ah, that’s alright.”

            “So…you and hyung were on a date before, right?”

            “What?” Lila asked practically choking on her hot chocolate. “What are you talking about date?”

            “Don’t play stupid with me Lila,” Sandeul said wagging a finger in her face. “I saw you and hyung going back to your apartment. I know a date when I see one. Eunji and I go on them all the time. So, did he take you anyplace special?”

            “Why does it matter to you?” Lila asked crossing her arms over her chest.

          “It doesn’t, I was just curious,” Sandeul said with a laugh. “It seems like he really likes you, though. Congrats.”

            “Why do I need your blessing?”

           “You don’t,” Sandeul said realizing his slip up. “I was just telling you that I approve of you for Jinyoung-hyung, even if you don’t need that. But you seem like a really nice person.”

            “Um…thank you,” Lila awkwardly said knowing fully well that Sandeul remembered her and every moment that they had together in the past. Somehow it was starting to get awkward and she wondered if every meeting between them would be like that. Slowly, Lila started wondering if she should just tell Sandeul that she remembered him.

            “Can I…can I ask you something?” Sandeul hesitantly asked as there was silence between the two before as they both drifted on into their own thoughts.

            “Sure,” Lila said nodding her head and bringing her attention back to Sandeul. “What is it?”

            “Do you…do you really not remember me?”

            All of the memories with Lila started racing back to her and she wondered how in the world she could lie to him after seeing his face that was hoping that she remembered him a little bit, but Lila thought that it would be the best for both of them if she just continued pretending like they didn’t know each other. Jinyoung liked her and she thought she was beginning to reciprocate the feelings. Not only that, but Sandeul also had Eunji to watch and take care of, they were dating after all.

            “No, I don’t,” Lila said shaking her head. As much as it hurt her to say those words for a second time, it was something that she figured she had to do. “Did we have something before?”

            “No,” Sandeul said sighing as he took a long sip of his coffee before looking at Lila again. “We didn’t have anything before.”

 

“Oppa, you don’t have a schedule today?” Eunji asked as Sandeul came over to her apartment.

            “No,” he said shaking his head. Sandeul attempted to put his mind on Eunji instead of thinking about Lila, but he just couldn’t do it. “I’m free today so I decided to come see you.”

            “That’s good,” Eunji said as she moved aside. “Come in, come in.”

            Sandeul took off his shoes and entered Eunji’s apartment and sat next to her on the couch. Sandeul opened his arm and Eunji immediately came inside and snuggled up against Sandeul. No matter how hard he tried, he just couldn’t get his mind off of the girl next door.

            “Eunji, there’s something that I need to tell you,” Sandeul said figuring that the only way to solve the problem was to tell Eunji. He and Eunji had never talked about his past relationships before he became an idol. Sandeul knew that Eunji was curious, but they just never talked about it.

            “What is it, oppa?” Eunji asked moving so she could look at him better.

            “Listen…I know we’ve never really talked about it before,” Sandeul began before his phone began ringing. Originally Sandeul was going to ignore it, but Eunji just couldn’t let it go that easily.

            “Answer it,” Eunji insisted. “You should answer it, it might be your manager or something. What if it’s something important?”

            “I guess,” Sandeul sighing as he managed to get his phone out of his pocket. “Hello?”

            “Where are you?” the manager asked on the other line.

            “Why, is there something wrong?” Sandeul asked.

            “Just come to the company, I want to ask you a couple of questions.”

            “Fine,” Sandeul said sighing as he hung up the phone. “I’m sorry, Eunji, I have to go to the company, they want to ask me a couple of questions.”

            “Alright,” Eunji said sad to see Sandeul go so quickly after arriving. “I understand.”

            “I’ll call you later, alright?” Sandeul asked before he left the apartment.

            Eunji stood in the doorway while she watched Sandeul leave. She was very curious about what Sandeul was going to tell her but figured that it could wait until another day due to the circumstances that required him to go back to the company. Eunji wanted to know why Sandeul was brought to the company when he had no schedule and figured that he would just tell her later when he called her.

            Slumping back on the couch, she figured that she had nothing else to do for the rest of the day. She wasn’t sure if Lila was back from classes yet and the rest of the guys were at their schedule. In the end, Eunji just decided to go do some homework to occupy herself before Sandeul was done at the company.

 

“Hyung, what are you doing?” Gongchan asked Jinyoung while they were on a short break. Gongchan had ventured his way over to where Jinyoung was sitting and playing with his phone. Somehow, Jinyoung thought that Lila would’ve contacted him after school, but he got nothing. He figured that she was probably busy and had other things to do, so he was debating on whether or not to contact her himself.

            “Nothing,” Jinyoung said quickly putting away his phone so Gongchan wouldn’t be able to see, but the younger was faster and able to snatch the phone away, even if there wasn’t really anything on it.

            “Are you waiting for Lila to call?” he asked while he looked at the phone. Gongchan didn’t open it, he simply just played with it in his fingers.

            “Whoever said something like that?” Jinyoung asked crossing his legs and looking to the side hoping that Gongchan wouldn’t notice.

            “Hey, what’s happening over here?” Baro asked coming up to where his other members were. “Channie, why do you have Jinyoung-hyung’s phone?”

            “He’s waiting for someone very special to make contact with him,” Gongchan said wiggling his eyebrows.

            “Who? Lila?” Baro asked looking at Jinyoung to know that he had gotten the right answer.

            Jinyoung stared at the two in disbelief. Was it really that obvious that he liked her? Sure they spent a lot of time with each other, but was it really that obvious that he liked her? Did that mean that the other fans knew about his crush on another girl? Would Lila have gotten herself in trouble because of him.

            “Snap out of it, hyung,” Gongchan said snapping his fingers in front of Jinyoung’s face. “I thought you and Lila were already boyfriend and girlfriend.”

            “What? Why would we be boyfriend and girlfriend?” Jinyoung asked wondering where Gongchan would’ve gotten that assumption from.

            “I saw you two on a date,” Gongchan said pointing at Jinyoung.

            “A date?” Baro excitedly ask. “Hyung, why didn’t you tell any of us that you were going on a date?”

            “How did you know?” Jinyoung asked looking at Gongchan. He clearly remembers that the only people that saw him were Sandeul and Eunji and if Sandeul had said something to them, then surely Baro would’ve already known about the date. But there was really nothing to be kept from Gongchan, he was able to pick up on everything.

            “I went to the same shop as you and Lila that day. I saw you two having a good time together and then I went back to the dorm and delivered the foods,” Gongchan said.

            “I don’t remember you ever saying anything about a date,” Baro said hitting Gongchan on the arm.

            “I didn’t say anything about it because I didn’t think that it was him until I started thinking about it,” Gongchan said defending himself.

            “Alright, alright, let’s not fight,” Jinyoung said getting in between the two youngest ones of the group. “I’ll tell you what happened.”

            “Really?” they both excitedly asked as they looked at Jinyoung.

            “Yeah,” Jinyoung said nodding his head.

            “Oh, your phone is ringing,” Gongchan said looking at the caller ID. “It’s Lila, shall I answer it for you?” Gongchan asked as he acted like he was going to open it.

            “No,” Jinyoung said reaching to get the phone, but Gongchan was faster in running away. “Gong Chanshik, you better get back here and give me my phone.”

            “Boys,” Baro said shaking his head while he went to go play around with someone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Sandeul ever get to tell Eunji about his past relationship? Will Lila accept Jinyoung? Will Lila be able to tell Sandeul that she remembers him? Why was Sandeul called to the company?

 

Here is Chapter 8. Hope you enjoyed :D