First Date (Part 1)

Hearts Will Never Change

A couple of days had passed and it was already time for Jinyoung and Lila’s date. Jinyoung had managed to schedule it when B1A4 had no schedule so that he was able to spend the whole day with Lila without anyone interrupting him. Not even the other members or Eunji knew about the date between the two.

            Early in the morning, Jinyoung managed to sneak out of the house before anyone else woke up to question him about where he was and why he was up on a day that they had off. Taking a bus, Jinyoung made it to Lila’s apartment complex. To the normal person who knew B1A4, it would seem like he would simply be going to get Eunji, since they lived in the same building, much to his advantage, but he was going to get Lila.

            Jinyoung figured that he didn’t need a disguise since fans wouldn’t know if they were going out on a date. He figured that he would be able to just make up a lie and say that they were hanging out like good friends after seeing each other for a while, but he would have to discuss it with Lila first because he didn’t know what the date meant to her.

            Inside of the apartment, Lila was wide awake and choosing what to wear. She wanted it to be something nice, but something that she would wear when she was going out with a friend. After much debating on what outfit, she finally chose a comfy pair of jeans and a regular slightly fitted t-shirt figuring that going with the style she wore everyday would be best.

            As she was watching some television, she heard the doorbell ring. “Jinyoung-oppa,” Lila said as she opened the door. “Good morning.”

            “Good morning,” he greeted her back. “So, are you ready for our date?”

            “Sure,” she said as she grabbed her small purse and slipped it over her head so that it went sideways across her body. The two were successfully able to get out of the apartment and onto the street where they walked side by side not really saying a word. It was slightly awkward, but Lila figured that it would’ve probably been that way no matter what. Somehow, she was nervous and excited for the date.

            “Since it’s early in the morning,” Jinyoung said, “why don’t we stop to get some light breakfast? What are you into?”

            “Back in America I wasn’t a really big breakfast eater,” Lila admitted. “I normally just ate a bagel or a muffin or something.”

            “Then I know the perfect place to go. Let’s go.”

            Unknowingly to both of them, Jinyoung grabbed Lila’s hand and began leading her to a place near their dorm where they would sometimes get light food whenever they were hungry for it. During the whole duration to get to the place, Jinyoung was holding Lila’s hand. Strangely, both of them liked the feeling and they didn’t question why the other was doing it. It wasn’t until they were trying to figure out their order that they noticed their hands.

            “Um…sorry about that,” Jinyoung said awkwardly scratching the back of his head. “I didn’t mean to.”

            “No, it’s alright,” Lila managed to say and she started to feel heat being emitted off of her cheeks.

 

In the B1A4 dorm, Gongchan awoke because of hunger. “Ah, I’m hungry,” he complained as he hopped down from the bunks and made his way towards the kitchen. He didn’t even bother to look in Jinyoung’s spot to notice the empty space. “Ah, no food,” he said. “I guess I should just go out. Maybe I should get something for the rest of the hyungs.”

            Figuring that he was still tired and didn’t feel like going to the ends of the earth to get some simple breakfast, he decided to go to the place that they always frequented, which was the place that Lila and Jinyoung had gone to. After washing up and changing clothes, Gongchan still walked like a zombie down to the place as he thought about what his hyungs would like to eat. He figured that Baro would get chocolate, Sandeul would get chocolate, Jinyoung would get chocolate, and Shinwoo would get chocolate. He, on the other hand, would get blueberry. It was a win-win for everyone.

            Upon entering the shop, Gongchan immediately woke up because of the coffee and pastry smell that was coming from the back. Even during his most tired days he would be able to wake up just by the smell of the shop itself or by someone bringing something back from the shop. He was sure that his hyungs would be surprised at his sudden kind gesture.

            As he was putting the order and the cost together in his head, Gongchan noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Turning his head so that he was fully faced to the right, Gongchan saw Jinyoung sitting there with Lila. “What?” he asked himself as he was studying them. The two were sitting across from one another and Gongchan swore that he just saw Jinyoung touch Lila’s face and she was laughing. “Are they on a date?” he asked.

            Shaking his head and figuring that he must be dreaming, Gongchan ordered for all five of them and waited to gather everything before making his way back to the dorm to see if Jinyoung was still there.

 

“You did what?” Lila asked during her laughing fit.

            “I walked into the lady’s bathroom once, okay?” Jinyoung admitted. “It’s not a very pleasant memory and I don’t wish to relive it again.”

            “Then why even tell me in the first place? You’re never going to live it down,” Lila chuckled.

            “Eh, my noona never lets me live it down either,” Jinyoung said shrugging his shoulders. “So, tell me something embarrassing about you.”

            “Why do I have to?”

            “Because I just told you something about me,” Jinyoung whined. “I want to know something about you so I can make fun of you for the rest of your life.”

            “That’s not very nice you know, making fun of a girl.”

            “And it’s not very nice making fun of me for that, I was a little kid.”

            “Little kid or not,” Lila said shrugging her shoulders.

            “Just tell me, please?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Um…I don’t actually have that many embarrassing memories.”

            “Liar.”

            “Hey, I’m telling the truth,” Lila said. “I guess the most embarrassing one for me would have to be falling on my face in front of everyone in school.”

            “And you said you didn’t have that many embarrassing memories,” Jinyoung scoffed.

            “Hey, it’s not my fault that Sandeul-oppa fell into me,” Lila said.

            “He was the one that fell first?” Jinyoung asked trying to hold in his laughter. He could completely imagine Sandeul and Lila in their school uniform and Sandeul slipping on his own feet and falling onto Lila.

            “Yes, he fell first. He wasn’t very coordinated. I’m surprised that he can actually dance. You should’ve seen him dance years ago.”

            “You should see him dance when he doesn’t know the choreography, it’s still probably the same,” Jinyoung said with a smile.

            “I bet it is,” Lila said nodding her head.

            “Well, we’re done here,” Jinyoung said looking at the table. “Shall we get going?”

            “Where are we going now?”

            “As casual date, a simple date. It won’t be something extravagant, don’t worry.”

            “Who said I was worrying?” Lila asked as she hoped down from the seat and followed behind Jinyoung out the door to their next destination.

 

“Hyung? Hyung?” Gongchan asked as he entered the dorm and went straight for Jinyoung’s bed to find it empty. “So that was him there?” he asked himself. As soon as Gongchan went out into the living room and placed down the coffee and the breakfast, the other three hungry boys immediately woke up.

            “Our maknae is the best,” Baro said going over and hugging Gongchan to bits. “You got up early and got breakfast for your hyungs on a day that we don’t have a schedule.”

            “Oh, did you get one extra one for me?” Sandeul asked looking at what was going to be Jinyoung’s.

            “It was Jinyoung-hyung’s,” Gongchan said looking around and still not believing that he was on a date with Lila. It wasn’t that Gongchan had a crush on Lila; he just didn’t know that Jinyoung did. Normally he would tell everyone whenever he was interested in a girl, but that didn’t happen with Lila. So then Gongchan figured that he wasn’t on a date with her.

            “Speaking of,” Shinwoo said looking around the dorm. “Where is Jinyoung?”

            “He wasn’t in his bed,” Baro said as he stretched his neck to look into the room.

            “His phone isn’t here anymore,” Sandeul said picking up the charger that Jinyoung used last night to charge his phone.

            “Then he must’ve gone out,” Gongchan said shrugging his shoulders. He felt like not saying anything about seeing Lila and Jinyoung together would be better. He didn’t know the whole story and he felt like he would have said something wrong and then Jinyoung would’ve gotten mad at him for spreading false lies. Yup, Gongchan knew that he was going to stay quiet and not say anything about seeing Jinyoung with Lila at the shop.

 

Lila and Jinyoung walked side by side as they enjoyed the peaceful scenery around them. It was a simple walk in the park, but neither of them minded. There was something about it that made the both of them enjoy it probably way more than they should’ve. “It’s still only the morning,” Lila said to Jinyoung as she watched all of the morning joggers.

            “Why?” Jinyoung asked. “Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

            “It’s good, that means that we still have a lot of the day left,” Lila said giving him a smile. Jinyoung wasn’t sure what Lila meant by that and he was going to assume that she was enjoying the date so far, which means that his job was becoming accomplished. Jinyoung had stayed up late the night before researching and planning what to do on their date together and had everything planned out, even if the breakfast place wasn’t picked, he knew that he wanted to go somewhere with her for breakfast, but he had nothing really planned until the nighttime figuring that he would do whatever Lila wanted to do during the day.

            “Good,” Jinyoung said nodding his head. He was satisfied knowing that he was on the path to have Lila fall for him.

            “Is it hard being an idol?” Lila asked as they decide to sit on a bench for a little while before moving anywhere else. “Is it hard having schedules and always having rehearsal and doing other things that idols do?”

            “You could say. I mean, the schedules and things make or break you. If your hear isn’t in it, then you aren’t going to make it,” Jinyoung said as he thought about his trainee life and his life up until that moment. “Everything that we’re given is just another chance for us to get our name out there and to continue making music that everyone loves.”

            “You must love it, right? Standing on stage.”

            “I do love it,” Jinyoung said. “But I like composing more, knowing that people are going to listen to the song that I created with the lyrics that I created.”

            “I wish I had a dream like that,” Lila sighed. “It seems like you know what you want in life and here I am just sitting here like a bum.”

            “Well you’re still figuring yourself out, I just happened to figure myself out early,” Jinyoung said. “Find a passion and run with it.”

            “A passion,” Lila sighed. “I’m not sure if I can do that.”

            “Anyone can do it,” Jinyoung said. “You just have to believe yourself. I’ll believe you. I’ll be your number one fan.”

            “Cheesy much?” Lila asked as she lightly pushed him, but secretly, she was happy that someone was rooting her on. Her parents were still in America and she missed them and their endless support for whatever she decided to do.

            “Ouch,” Jinyoung said pretending to be hurt. “But I’m serious; I’ll become your number one fan in whatever you do.”

            “Well then if you’re my number one fan, then I have to be your number one fan, right? Isn’t that how it works?”

            “Not necessarily,” Jinyoung said shaking his head. “But if you wanted to be, then you could be.” Somehow, the idea of being Lila’s number one fan and vice versa excited Jinyoung. He knew that he would want to stand by Lila no matter what she did and she was offering it back to him. Jinyoung wondered just how much longer it would be until Lila could really see that he liked her and until she could return the feelings back to him.

            “Let’s go somewhere else.”

            “Where do you want to go?”

            “I don’t know, what did you always want to do with a girlfriend before?”

            “I don’t know. What did you always want to do with a boyfriend before?”

            Lila thought long and hard about the question. There were a bunch of things that she wanted to do with her boyfriend that she never got a chance to do before. There were things that she hadn’t gotten a chance to do with Sandeul and there were also things that she didn’t get to do with her few boyfriends that she had in America.

            “I want to cook with him, or bake a cake or something,” Lila said finally agreeing on something. “I want to go grocery shopping and bake or cook something.”

            “That’s what you want to do?” Jinyoung asked staring at her.

            “Yeah,” Lila said nodding her head. “I’ve seen people do it before and I’ve always wondered what the big deal about it is. Do you know how to cook?”

            “Do I,” Jinyoung said with a laugh. “I’ll make sure that I cook the greatest thing ever for you and you can be my assistant. You want to go grocery shopping first?” Lila enthusiastically nodded her head. “Then let’s go grocery shopping like an actual couple.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen on the rest of Lila and Jinyoung's date? Will anyone else find out that they're on a date? What does Jinyoung have planned for later that night?

 

Here is Chapter 6. Hope you enjoyed :D