Let's Clear It Up

Hearts Will Never Change

“Oppa, what was that about?” Eunji innocently asked as she looked at Sandeul. She had been standing out in the hallway long enough to catch hold of what they were talking about, but she didn’t want Sandeul to know. She felt like her friendship wouldn’t last long with Lila now that she heard it for herself once again coming from both of their mouths. How Sandeul could keep something like a past relationship from her flabbergasted her.

            Sandeul looked at Eunji strangely. He didn’t know if that meant that she didn’t hear what he and Lila were talking about or if she was just playing stupid. He hoped that she didn’t hear because it would probably be disastrous. He liked Eunji, he really did. Lila was just something of the past, but seeing her once again caused past feelings to emerge. Sandeul wasn’t entirely sure how far those past feelings were going to go, but he wanted to stop them as soon as possible.

            “N-nothing,” Sandeul stuttered as he attempted to lie to Eunji, it was just impossible with the way that she was looking at him. He was certain that she would get the truth out of him somehow. “Lila…she’s just…angry right now. Too much stress.”

            “Probably, poor her,” Eunji said sighing. She had to show the utmost concern for Lila at a time like that, despite not wanting to. It didn’t matter; she had to if she didn’t want her position to be compromised.

            “Anyway, what are you doing here?” Sandeul asked looking at her.

            “I…I live here?” Eunji asked shrugging her shoulders. “What do you mean what am I doing here?”

            “Sorry,” Sandeul said awkwardly scratching the back of his head.

            “I could ask you the same question you know.”

            “I was just spreading the good news about my newly added schedule,” Sandeul said with a bright smile. At least that part wasn’t a lie and he was able to smile at that and show Eunji that he as telling the truth.  “Well, I should get going. I think I have to go back to the dorm. I’ll call you later, alright?”

            “Okay,” Eunji said nodding her head as she watched Sandeul walk down the staircase. She didn’t like the fact that Sandeul had come to see Lila and not her. She was his girlfriend, but she couldn’t do anything about it, she just had to accept it. She wasn’t going to suddenly turn on Lila or anything, but she wanted to know the truth. She wanted to know why both had kept the relationship a secret from everyone else and what their past was. She was very curious.

            In his haste to leave, Sandeul dropped the newspaper with the news on the ground in front of Lila’s doorstep. As Eunji was about to leave to go into her neighboring home, she saw the paper on the ground and bent down to pick it up when she read the words across the top in bold letters. Angrily, she crumpled it in her hands as she stormed into her home to do some research.

 

The next morning, Lila exited her apartment like any other morning. She was ready to tackle her only morning class before a nice long break before her only afternoon class. She was thankful for only having two classes; it was the ideal schedule of anyone. However, as soon as she stepped outside, a van stopped in front of her and the door opened to reveal Lee Sandeul and Jung Jinyoung. “What are you guys doing here?” Lila asked staring at them.

            “Picking you up,” Jinyoung simply said as he held out his hand for Lila to get inside. Sandeul just sat there stone-faced. He wasn’t exactly mad at Lila, but it didn’t know how to describe the feeling. It was the feeling of bitterness and sadness about her lying, but there was also happiness in knowing that she didn’t forget. Still, Sandeul was confused as ever towards the feelings that he had towards Lila. He liked Eunji and for the longest time, Sandeul was convinced that he loved Eunji, but with the sudden reappearance of Lila, even if she didn’t remember their past, it still brought back the old feelings. And now with the revelation of her remembering everything, it brought back more of those feelings that were unfamiliar to him since he hadn’t felt them in a while.

            Sighing, Lila took Jinyoung’s hand and jumped into the van sitting right next to him and placing her backpack on the seat with Sandeul. Awkwardly, the three looked at each other as the van started taking off, but after a couple of minutes, Lila noticed that it wasn’t going towards the school.

            “Where are you guys taking me?” she asked looking at the two.

            “We have to stop by the company,” Sandeul simply responded.

            Lila looked at the two weirdly. Why would they have to go to the company? There was no reason why they should and that’s when she remembered the paper that Sandeul showed her yesterday. Were they going because of that? Lila could only assume reasons for why they were exactly going to go to the company and the fact that she and Sandeul were in a past relationship as one of them.

            “Hey,” Lila said looking at both Jinyoung to Sandeul and back again, although Sandeul wouldn’t make eye contact with her, “are we going because of that paper?”

            “Paper?” Jinyoung asked looking strangely at Lila.

            “Wait, why are you here?” Lila asked looking at Jinyoung. If it were about the paper of her and Sandeul’s past relationship, Lila was pretty sure that Jinyoung wouldn’t be there since he promised not to say anything and it wasn’t like he even cared about it in the first place.

            “I’m leader, why wouldn’t I be here?” Jinyoung asked looking at Lila. He was the leader of B1A4, he was involved in all of the activities that they do and all of the concerns, it was his responsibility as a leader.

            “I don’t know,” Lila said shrugging her shoulders. She didn’t know why she was thinking too much about it in the first place. It was probably nothing, she didn’t know why she was concerning herself with worrying about nothing. “Wait, this isn’t the direction of the school,” Lila said once she realized the place that they were at.

            “Exactly, we’re going to the company,” Jinyoung said. Lila looked over at Sandeul for some hint as to what was going on, but he wouldn’t even look in her direction. Sandeul was just feeling a whole lot of emotions that he couldn’t understand. He wanted to know why Lila left the country and why she had lied to him about forgetting their relationship. Sandeul wanted answers, but he didn’t exactly know how to get them out of her.

            “Why?”

            “I actually don’t know,” Jinyoung said shrugging his shoulders with a light laugh. “I just know that we’re going to the company and that Sandeul and I were called there.”

            “So you just lied about your reason for coming?” Lila asked crossing her hands.

            “No…maybe,” Jinyoung said shrugging his shoulders. “Either way, all three of us are going to the company.”

            Lila looked at Jinyoung and then at Sandeul before it clicked. There would be no reason why she would got to the company besides the fact of her past relationship with Sandeul. Lila was sure that that’s what it was for, especially after the paper that Sandeul had showed her before about their past relationship and about people already knowing. She was sure that the company would be informed about the news and possible ways to prevent it from spreading and she was sure that the company would want to talk to all parties involved, but how they knew it was her was a mystery. Unless Sandeul had told them about her, she didn’t know and it didn’t seem like she would be able to ask him anytime soon.

            The rest of the ride was silent. No one really said anything to each other about anything and that had Lila curious as to what the meeting was about. She didn’t expect Sandeul to talk to her, but she thought that Jinyoung would at least tell her, but there was always the possibility that he didn’t know what was going on either.

            Finally, the vehicle pulled into the back entrance way of the company to let the two stars and Lila out. “This way,” Jinyoung said as he took Lila’s hand in his. She didn’t object and she didn’t pull away. Lila let Jinyoung hold her hand to take her to the place where they were to do whatever they were called to the company to do. “Are you nervous?” Jinyoung whispered so Sandeul wouldn’t hear. Jinyoung did know the reason why they were at the office, he knew it was because of the reporters getting information about Sandeul and Lila’s past relationship. Of course it was just a past relationship and the company wanted to prevent things from getting any worse than they had to, so they called the meeting between Sandeul and Lila along with Jinyoung’s presence to smooth things over a little.

            “Why? Should I be?” Lila questioningly asked as she looked at him. Now she didn’t doubt that the meeting was about her past relationship with Sandeul since there had to be a reason that he showed her the paper showing that people knew, that people had their past photo that was in the yearbook that Lila had hid somewhere in her memories.

            “No, no reason,” Jinyoung said shaking his head as the three approached the door. Letting go of Lila’s hand, Jinyoung went forward and opened the door to reveal a man standing behind it, who Lila could only guess was their boss.

            “Boys, Lila, you made it,” the man said in a slightly friendly manner that shocked Lila. She thought that they would be met with yelling and frustrations, but instead this man looked happy and joyful. For a second, doubt surged through Lila for the real reason why she was there. “Sit, sit.”

The three took a seat with Lila in the middle of Sandeul and Jinyoung. She thought it was a little awkward sitting next to Sandeul so she leaned more towards Jinyoung’s side. In order to calm her nerves, Jinyoung placed his hand on top of hers, to which Lila replied with a light smile.

            Sandeul saw the exchange of smiles between them and for some reason he felt angry. He said that he shouldn’t be angry because he’s dating Eunji and it seemed like Lila was happy, which was good, but he still wanted to know answers, he figured that he would ask her later when Jinyoung wasn’t around, when they would be able to talk privately.

            “So, you probably all know the reason why you’re here, right?” their CEO asked.

            “No,” Lila said shaking her head as she looked at Sandeul and Jinyoung who sat there silently. Lila figured that they must’ve lied to her, they must’ve known the reason why they were there and just decided to not tell her.

            “The issue regarding your past relationship with Sandeul,” the CEO said, but Lila wasn’t surprised. It was what she planned on them telling her. “Reporters have information from that time and they want to make a big deal out of nothing, but we’re attempting to stop it the best that we can, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about.”

            “Then why was I called here?” Lila politely asked. If she had nothing to do with it and if the information could’ve easily been told from one of the members to her, then Lila saw no reason why she should be there in his office in the first place.

            “Because I want to know the whole story,” he simply said. “I want to know the whole story so that if any future reports come along I can clarify them without having to call you in.”

            “But would you be able to remember the whole story?” Jinyoung asked.

            “Probably, that’s why you’re here, too, to help me remember,” he said looking at Jinyoung.

            “Oh, okay,” Jinyoung said nodding his head and leaning back into his chair.

            Awkwardly, Sandeul and Lila looked at one another. They would have to tell the CEO their story? Lila didn’t know if that was possible for them to do that, not that there was anything bad in it, but she didn’t know if she remembered everything about their past. While she was in America, Lila attempted to forget about all of it and move on with her life and she was mildly successful, until she met Sandeul again. Now she was going through the process of forgetting it all over again and she didn’t want to talk about it. Talking about it would only bring up the hurtful past.

            “Do we…do we have to tell you?” Sandeul hesitantly asked. It was the question on both of their minds, but at his question, the CEO, Jinyoung, and Lila looked at him strangely. They wondered why he was asking such a question, not like Lila was complaining, but she didn’t know that he was thinking of the same thing. Did he not want to remember it either?

            “You have to tell me, do you want things to go horribly wrong and sudden rumors come out? You’re dating Eunji, the public will have a bad image of you if they think that you’re dating someone else, too,” their CEO explained.

            “But that was the past,” Sandeul attempted to reason.

            “I understand that, but most people will see you as hiding things and then they’ll wonder what else you’re hiding. Remember, you just got casted as a supporting role and a scandal could put it into jeopardy. I know how much you wanted the role.”

            “Yeah,” Sandeul said looking down at the ground. He found his defeat there. He wanted the role, he wanted to act beyond musicals, yet he knew that the role might possibly be taken from him if the press were to make something bad and twist his past relationship with Lila. There was no way getting around this one.

            Sandeul’s reason for not wanting to tell the CEO wasn’t like Lila’s reason. Lila didn’t want to remember the past memories, but ever since Sandeul had found out that Lila was lying to him the previous night, it was all he could think about. He thought about their memories, the good times that they had and the bad and he wanted to keep them for himself. He wanted to keep the memories for himself and not let anyone else know, especially Jinyoung. Sandeul didn’t want Jinyoung to know about his past happy memories with Lila. There was a little jealousy mixed in because of it, but the primary reason was because he didn’t want Jinyoung to make it click in his head. He didn’t want Jinyoung to figure out what happened before. Sandeul knew that if he started talking about his and Lila’s past relationship, then it would click in Jinyoung’s head.

            “You know,” Sandeul said looking at Jinyoung questioningly as he just remembered something. “You don’t seem that shocked about finding out about me and Lila.”

            “Oh,” Jinyoung said a little shocked, he didn’t think about that part. “Well…that’s because I kind of learned how to expect the unexpected.”

            “Alright,” Sandeul said after a couple of moments and nodding his head. He guessed that he could live with that answer; he didn’t know why he wouldn’t be able to since Jinyoung was always calm in any type of situation.

            Jinyoung was thankful that Sandeul had accepted his lame excuse. He felt Lila suddenly get tense when he had asked that question, but due to his calmness in any situation, he was thankful that his excuse was a believable one.

            “So, are we going to clear up the misunderstandings right now so we can get things straight?” their CEO asked looking at the three sitting in front of him as he sat down in his own desk. “Now tell me the whole story, Sandeul, Lila,” he said looking at each of them. “I want to know it from the very beginning.”

            “It’s…it’s kind of a long story,” Lila said awkwardly looking at Sandeul who returned the awkward gaze.

            “That’s alright, I have time,” he said with a smile.

            Lila and Sandeul exchanged glances. They didn’t know what to do. Both of them knew that they had to tell him the story, but they didn’t want to for different reasons. It was going to be a hard storytelling process for the both of them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Eunji attempt to do anything dramatic? What is Sandeul and Lila's past? Will the press make something out of nothing?

 

Here is Chapter 11. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

Sorry for the long wait!!

And just as as head's up, the next chapter, possibly two, are going to be set in the past during Lila and Sandeul's relationship.