Why Are You Here?

Hearts Will Never Change

Jinyoung anxiously waited outside of Eunji’s apartment. He had no idea why he even agreed to meet her, but he figured that they should just talk and get everything out, then maybe they wouldn’t have anything to do with anyone ever again. “Ah, Jinyoung-oppa, glad you could come,” Eunji said with a smile as she answered the door.

            “Yeah,” Jinyoung muttered as he walked in and took off his shoes. Eunji followed right behind and sat on the couch, with Jinyoung following suit. “Why did you want to talk with me?” he asked.

            “Oh, we don’t need to rush into things,” Eunji said with a smile.

            “Yes we do,” Jinyoung said pressing forward. “I have things to attend to, none of which involve you, so tell me what you wanted me over here for. You said you wanted to talk, right? What do you want to talk about?”

            “Just this…and that,” Eunji said as she attempted to prolong the time that Jinyoung was there.

            “Look, just let me answer any questions that you have, but other than that, can I get out of here quickly? There are some things that I need to do before nighttime.”

            “It’s already nighttime,” Eunji said as she sat down on the couch and pointed at the seat next to her.

            Jinyoung rolled his eyes as he took the seat next to her. He didn’t know why Eunji had wanted him there. Maybe it was to try to get her back with Sandeul, but maybe it was because of other things. There was no way that she would still have feelings for him, right?

            “First, let’s get straight to the point,” Jinyoung immediately said as he sat down. “No, I’m not going to get you back with Sandeul and no I don’t still have feelings for you. So if either of those things have anything to do with what you want to talk with me about, then we can just stop the conversation here and you can let me go.”

            “I have no idea why you’re being so hostile,” Eunji said with a shake of her head as she looked at Jinyoung. “Don’t you think you’re being too mean to me?”

            “Too mean?” Jinyoung asked. “You’re the one that called me out here when I have some important things that I need to do that don’t involve you. Just tell me what you want to talk about. Why do you always want to see me? Why do you never leave me alone?”

            “Is that what you want me to do? Leave you alone?”

            “You can talk to me, we can be friends,” Jinyoung said. “But why do you keep trying to into my life nowadays? It’s like you still want to be recognized by people even though you’ve had your breakup with Sandeul. Can’t you just let it go cleanly?”

            “How do you think I feel?” she asked looking at him. “To hear that the relationship that I put so much effort into is suddenly broken up and I can’t have any contact anymore.”

            “We can still be friends,” Jinyoung said as he attempted to reason, “but Eunji…I think you’re going a bit too far with some of the things you’ve been doing. Why don’t you just lay off for a bit? All of us are going through a very busy time right now so we really don’t have time for any of this,” Jinyoung said as he got up from the couch. “Maybe one day in the future we’ll be able to talk with each other like this some more, but right now I really have to get going.” With a nod of his head, Jinyoung made his way out of Eunji’s apartment and back to the hospital to go see Lila.

            Eunji stayed on the couch as her eyes lingered on the door for one last moment before turning around. When Jinyoung was asking her those questions, she honestly didn’t know any answer to them. She didn’t know why she was so involved in Jinyoung’s life after having to be broken up with Sandeul. She didn’t know why she was so curious about them now. Sure it was a given that she would be interested in their lives after being invested in them for so long, but she wondered whether getting into the relationship in the first place was ever a good idea. It was one of her dreams anyway, to be with Sandeul, but now that it was over, what would she do?

 

“I thought I told you to go home for the night,” Lila said as she stuck her tongue out.

            “Hey,” Jinyoung said with a smile. “Visiting hours are only open for an hour more, I’m going to stay until then.”

            “But you’re probably tired,” Lila said as she watched Jinyoung go over and sit on the edge of the hospital bed. “You don’t have to stress yourself to always come here and take care of me. I don’t want you to.”

            “How many times do I have to tell you that you’re not?” Jinyoung asked with a smile as he looked at Lila.

            It hurt him to see her lying in the hospital bed with IVs already hooked up to her, of course it was nothing serious yet, only the beginning stages, but still, Jinyoung felt bad. He wished to do something to help her, but he knew that he wouldn’t even know what to do besides be by her side. That was why he vowed to stay by her side, because he had no other way to help her.

            Other than being hurt, Jinyoung was relieved by seeing the smile on her face. He wasn’t entirely sure how long the smile would last, but the fact that it was still there at that moment made him happy inside. Silently to himself, he promised that he would try to make the smile always appear on her face. He wanted to protect Lila, no matter if they had just met not too long ago and no matter if they hadn’t been in a relationship for that long, he was going to protect her, forever and always.

            “What are you staring at?” Lila asked Jinyoung.

            “Nothing,” Jinyoung said with a faint smile as he softly grabbed Lila’s hand and intertwined his fingers with hers.

            “I’m pretty sure you were staring at something,” Lila said as she slowly gave Jinyoung a sly look.

            “I was staring at you,” Jinyoung said with a slight laugh after he said it. He was embarrassed for himself that he said it, but he felt like Lila was even more embarrassed.

            “Hmm,” Lila said as she stared at him funnily until she turned away. Jinyoung could only laugh at her cute action.

            “So, what’s on the agenda tomorrow?” Jinyoung curiously asked.

            “More tests…preparation,” Lila said. “You don’t have to come visit tomorrow, you’re probably really busy.”

            “I’ll make time to come see you, don’t worry,” Jinyoung said. “It may be a bit late, but I’ll come see you.”

            “You don’t have to,” Lila said protesting against him coming.

            “It sounds like you don’t want me to come,” Jinyoung joked with a smile.

            “No, no, no, it’s not that,” Lila quickly said to clear up any misunderstanding. “I just don’t want you to worry about me so much that you forget to do other things. I still want you to live your life, that’s why I didn’t really want you to stay with me in the first place,” Lila whispered at the end.

            “Look, I already promised,” Jinyoung said as he got closer to her. “I already promised that I would stand by you and I promise that I’ll keep doing the things that I have to do.”

            “And you won’t tell the other guys?”

            “I won’t tell the other guys, I promise,” Jinyoung said with a smile. “If you want me to go now, then I can go now.” Jinyoung immediately got off of the hospital bed and began making his way towards the door.

            “No,” Lila quickly said as she grabbed his arm to prevent him from leaving so quickly. “Stay here…for a little bit longer with me.”

            Jinyoung smirked to himself before he turned around and looked at Lila with a smile on his face. “Sure, you know I wouldn’t leave you,” Jinyoung said as he sat back down on the bed and gently kissed Lila on the forehead. “I’m never going to leave you.”

 

“Hyung, you’re back today?” Gongchan asked as he walked out into the living room and saw Jinyoung watching television there.

            “I’m back, I was back last night,” Jinyoung said with a laugh as Gongchan sat down next to him.  “We have practice today, I can’t miss it.”

            “Sandeul-hyung has his drama filming today, did he already leave?” Gongchan curiously asked.

            “Yeah, he was so loud this morning,” Baro complained as he took a seat on the other side of Jinyoung. “He woke me up.”

            “He’s just a naturally loud person,” Jinyoung said with a smile. “I wasn’t woken up.”

            “That’s because you sleep in the strangest ways,” Gongchan said as he pointed at Jinyoung.

            “Maybe,” Jinyoung said with a laugh. “What time did hyung say that we were going to go to the practice?”

            “Whenever he comes,” Shinwoo said with a laugh, “I guess in a little bit. And then we have a recording and an interview.”

            “Where were you all day yesterday, hyung?” Baro asked.

            “Yeah, you weren’t here at all,” Gongchan said. “Was something wrong?”

            “No, why would anything be wrong?” Jinyoung curiously asked. He had vowed not to say anything about Lila’s illness to the rest of the guys and he wasn’t going to. Jinyoung figured that he would make up any excuse to prevent the guys from finding out the truth.

            “It just seems like something changed,” Gongchan observed. He was always the observant one and Jinyoung knew that he had to be more careful around him since he would be the one to notice things first. “Anyway, how did making up with Lila go?”

            “Good, good, everything went good,” Jinyoung said with a smile. “We’re on good terms, not that we were necessarily on bad terms before, but I think we understand each other better.”

            “You better not mention that in front of Sandeul, I think he’ll flip,” Shinwoo said.

            “Why is it that he always gets tense around Lila?” Gongchan asked. “He always seems to be more nervous when she’s around.”

            “I don’t know why,” Jinyoung lied. “I mean, I don’t know, but I guess you’re right, he does.”

            “Wait, so does that mean that you and Lila are getting closer and even more serious?” Baro asked.

            “I don’t know about serious, but we are getting slightly closer,” Jinyoung honestly answered. “Anyway, let’s stop talking about Lila and me.”

            “Come on boys, it’s time to go to practice!” their manager said outside of the door.

            “Yes,” they all answered in unison as they got up to go to their practice.

 

“Hyung, where are we going?” Sandeul curiously asked the manager as he was in the van. They were going to the filming site and after the other day’s successful filming, it was already time to move location for another scene. It wasn’t like Sandeul really showed up a lot in the show, but he was there for a good portion of the time, but he was always in different places.

            “To the set location,” the manager responded as he looked back in the rearview mirror before keeping his eyes back on the road.

            “And where is the set location?” Sandeul asked.

            “Didn’t you read the script?”

            “I did,” Sandeul quickly said, “but you know how they film things out of order. How am I supposed to know?”

            The manager laughed at Sandeul’s behavior for a short moment before looking at him through the rearview mirror again. “We’re going to the hospital.”

            “The hospital? We’re filming that scene today?” he shockingly asked.

            “Why? Is there something wrong with that scene?” the manager curiously asked.

            “It’s just that…that scene has a kiss scene,” Sandeul hesitantly said. “I mean, I was preparing for it and everything and it’s just a little kiss on the forehead, but still, it’s a kiss scene!”

            “Stop freaking out, it’s part of acting,” the manager said as he attempted to calm Sandeul down. “You know, I think you and the leading actress look good together.”

            “I think a lot of people will say that once the drama starts airing,” Sandeul said with a laugh as he attempted to think about what people would say when the drama started airing. “People will like this drama, right hyung?”

            “Yes, I think they will,” their manager said as he pulled into the hospital parking lot. “We’re here. Let’s get you to costumes and makeup so you can hurriedly get along. The other boys are going to practice and then they have an interview. Practice without you will be alright, but the interview, we’ll try to get you there.”

            “Alright,” Sandeul said with a nod of his head as he got out of the car once the manager parked it. “I’ll do my best today.”

            It didn’t take that long for Sandeul to be done with makeup and costume since it was simply  how he looked, only he had a school uniform on for the role since his character was still in high school. It was a scene where the girl that his character liked was at the hospital because of her mother. Sandeul’s character was one to kiss her on the forehead and tell her that it was alright and that everything was going to be okay.

            “Hello,” Sandeul said politely greeting the actress that would be working alongside of him. “We meet again.”

            “We do,” she said with a smile.

            “Are you ready for this?” he asked as he attempted to ease up the slightly awkward atmosphere.

            “More ready than ever,” she said with a smile as they walked to the set together.

            However, something caught Sandeul’s eye in the corner causing him to turn around. “Huh?” he asked as he stared at the door.

Lila was in her hospital bed reading the newspaper that was brought to her by the doctor. When she heard a gasp she looked up and looked towards the door. “You…what are you doing here?” she asked as the newspaper dropped from her hands.

            “I could ask you the same thing,” Sandeul said as he looked at her appearance in the hospital. “Why are you in the hospital?”

            “Why are you in the hospital?” Lila shot right back at him.

            “Excuse me,” Dr. Kim said as she got by Sandeul. “Lila, it’s time to go for your testing.”

            “Testing?” Sandeul asked as he looked at the two. “What in the world is this about?”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Will Lila tell Sandeul the truth about why she's in the hospital? Will Sandeul find out about what happened in the past? Will Eunji attempt to do something wild? Will the guys find out about Lila's cancer?

 

Here's Chapter 21. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And for all of you people, I have made 2 new stories! One is based off of the polls, while another one is based off of the television show 아빠! 어디가?. And here they are:

 

The Waiting Period is a result from the polls. Daehyun as the main character and time travel as the theme.

So Daehyun + Time Travel = ?

 

And then there's also Dad, Where Are You Going? based off of the show 아빠! 어디가? It's one of my favorite shows nowadays to watch. If you haven't watched it, then you should. This story is based around today's idols and what would happen if they went on a trip with their children, much of what the series revolves around now, except the fathers aren't really idols.

 

Anyway, that's all that I have for you guys now. Sorry that I haven't been updating in a long time. Within a month and like a half, my college life will be done and summer will be upon me. Wait until then for more frequent updates, but with more frequent updates means that the story will end quicker....

 

And happy 2 years B1A4! Although I am technically late in Korean time, still happy 2 year anniversary to them. They've really come a long way and OMG, Jinyoung's comeback photo. Do you think they could go for a more hip hop theme? I don't know, his comeback photo kind of reminds me of sort of a more hip hop, but maybe that's like a "street" concept that they're going for?

 

Either way, it seems like they're going for a more casual concept than Tried to Walk was before.

I can't wait for May 6. I absolutely cannot wait!

 

20130423_b1a4_jinyoung_comebackteaser2-6