You Lied To Me

Hearts Will Never Change

As Lila walked to her next class, she felt everyone’s eyes on her, but she didn’t know why. Surely people would stare when she would be with Jinyoung, but it was that point in the day when they had separate schedules and they couldn’t be together all of the time. There was something going on and if only she knew what it even was.

            Ignoring everyone’s wandering gaze, she walked to the library to get some quiet time to study for an upcoming exam that she had, and an important one at that. She didn’t need anything distracting her from possibly getting a bad grade. Concentration was all she was going to need, that and a very good memory.

            Halfway through her studying, she felt someone sit down across from her. Looking up, she saw Sandeul sitting there and slightly jumped back. “Sorry,” Sandeul quickly apologized standing up, but Lila didn’t fall over, she was still sitting on her seat. “Did I scare you?”

            “What do you think?” Lila asked shooting him a glare.

            “I’m sorry. I just wanted to speak with you.”

            “About what?” Lila asked. She didn’t know what Sandeul would want to speak with her about.

            “Have you…have you seen the magazines?” he asked in a low whisper.

            “Magazines? No, why?”

            Sandeul was hesitant to show Lila the magazines. Was it a good thing to show them to her? Sure she didn’t remember him and they were starting off as friends, but it would be nice if he would be able to show her. “Look,” he said holding it up in front of her face after mustering up all of his courage.

            “What am I supposed to be looking at?”

            “Just read the title,” Sandeul said pointing at it.

            “‘Lee Sandeul of B1A4 is casted in a supporting role?’” Lila asked looking at Sandeul strangely. She wondered why he would be showing her something like this, although she was happy that he had gotten something like that.

            “Yeah that, isn’t it great? I’m finally breaking out into acting,” Sandeul said as he thought about everything that would come now that he was going to be an actor.

            “Um…awesome?” Lila asked. She had no reason why Sandeul was there with her and not with Eunji. Then again, it was their break and he always tended to come and find her and bother her. It wasn’t like Lila was against it, but she just didn’t know why he always had to come and do it.

            “Hey guys,” Baro said coming up to the two.

            “Baro, what are you doing here?” Sandeul asked looking at his friend as he took a seat next to Lila.

            “Lee Sandeul, it’s my break too, did you forget?” Baro asked giving his friend a glare.

            “Sorry, I guess I did,” Sandeul admitted.

            “You always hang out with Lila and I’m always left alone. I followed you two today.”

            “You stalker,” Lila joked. She found it being more comfortable around Baro than around Sandeul. Thankfully he had come at the right time to get her out of the awkward conversation that they were having with each other.

            “Hey, you don’t need to show that to everyone,” Baro said snatching the magazine out of Sandeul’s hands. Sandeul had been showing everyone that would listen that magazine article about him ever since it came out. He was extremely happy about the role, but knew that the limited time that he would have to spend with Eunji would slowly come to a close.

            “I like showing it to everyone,” Sandeul said defending himself.

            “Well, not everyone likes seeing it,” Baro retorted.

            Lila rolled her eyes at the two fighting. She was supposed to be getting studying done, but with Sandeul’s disturbance and then Baro’s, she found it hard to stay concentrated on the material that was in front of her. Before she knew it, Jinyoung’s class was already done and she had agreed to meet him in front of the fountain in the middle of school.

            “Sorry guys,” Lila said as she packed up her books. “I have to go meet Jinyoung-oppa, I’ll see you guys later, alright? And Sandeul-oppa, congratulations on your role.”

            “See, I told you it was something good,” Sandeul said.

            “Whatever,” Baro said rolling his eyes as he flipped through the magazine.

            As soon as Lila left the library, she started running towards the fountain. She was late and even if that was alright with Jinyoung, she still felt guilty. She already felt guilty about him liking her and her unable to return the feelings yet. Somehow she found it hard being affectionate with someone and she knew that she was going to have to work on that.

            “Sorry I’m late,” Lila said huffing as she got to the fountain to see Jinyoung sitting along the edge of it.

            “That’s alright,” Jinyoung said with a smile as he walked up to her and pushed a strand of hair out of her eyes. “It seems as though you were running a marathon. What happened?”

            “Sandeul-oppa and Baro-oppa,” Lila said.

            “It was Sandeul’s article again wasn’t it,” Jinyoung said shaking his head. They were fighting about it this morning. Jinyoung figured that Baro was probably just jealous and that was the only way he knew how to relieve it.

            “It was,” Lila said nodding her head. “Did something happen with it this morning?”

            “You don’t want to know. So, shall we get going?”

            “Get going where?” she asked curiously.

            “Away from this place,” Jinyoung said with a light laugh. “I have a schedule tonight so I won’t be able to spend time with you, so I want to now. Are you hungry? We can go get snacks or something.”

            “No,” Lila said shaking her head. “I’m perfectly fine. What about you, are you hungry?”

            “Not really. So, since neither of us are hungry or know what to do, how about we go shopping?”

            “Shopping? You get shopping out of those things?”

            “Hey it’s better than nothing,” Jinyoung said shrugging his shoulders as he grabbed Lila’s hand. “Let’s go.”

            The two set off to go shopping with Jinyoung holding Lila’s hand the entire time. Lila didn’t pull her hand away and found herself liking the contact with Jinyoung. While they were on the street, some fans recognized Jinyoung and asked for a picture or autograph that Jinyoung complied with. No one asked who Lila was and no one even said anything about them holding hands.

            “Are you sure that your fans are alright with you doing this? Isn’t this practically dating in public?” Lila worriedly asked. She was concerned for her own safety if fans were to find out about it.

            “It’s alright,” Jinyoung said doing his best to assure her that everything would be alright. “Nothing happened so far. Let’s go in here.”

            Not having much of a choice, Lila followed behind Jinyoung as her eyes widened at what she saw in the shop. Everything was for a couple, there were couple things everywhere. Instinctively, Lila reached out and hit Jinyoung on the shoulder. “Oppa, you tricked me.”

            “How?” Jinyoung innocently asked. “You followed behind me.”

            “But you probably knew that this was a couple’s store,” Lila complained.

            “Aww, but I just want to get something to match each other,” Jinyoung said as he spotted something out of the corner of his eye.

            “We’re not even dating, why would you do this?”

            “Because I want to date you and I always wanted to do this before,” he said as he looked at all of the clothing that was available. It was like a paradise to him, well, maybe not the best paradise, but Jinyoung had always wanted to wear matching clothes as his girlfriend and he wanted Lila to be his girlfriend. Putting two and two together, Jinyoung figured that it could do no harm if he and Lila were to wear couples clothes.

            “So you’re just using me to live out your fantasy?”

            “No,” Jinyoung said as he turned and leaned closer to Lila. “I’m not using you. I like you and I want to show you how much I like you. I’m not afraid to tell everyone that you’re mine.”

            Lila felt her face get redder from his words. She didn’t know that hearing something like that would have that affect on her. “Yah,” Lila said pushing Jinyoung away from her.

            “Someone’s shy,” Jinyoung said, but he didn’t care. He liked that Lila would get shy over words that he said when she wouldn’t get shy about anything else. It was like Jinyoung had found her one weakness amongst everything else that she was able to keep together. “If you don’t want to get couple clothing, then how about we get something more subtle.”

            “Like what?” Lila asked interested in Jinyoung’s suggestion.

            “What about something like a watch? I could wear it during the broadcast even,” Jinyoung said as he took Lila’s hand in his and brought them both over to the container of watches. “Or even just a bracelet to go around our arms together. Something simple. It doesn’t directly say that we’re a couple, but it doesn’t deny it either, just like our relationship.”

            “Where did you ever learn these words?” Lila asked. She wondered where Jinyoung learned how to sweet talk a girl into doing something, anything. His good looks also probably helped.

            “My noona,” Jinyoung said with a small laugh. “She would always talk about how guys were always good for nothing. She would tell me what she would always want to hear from a guy and sometimes I’d give it a shot. It just happened to work sometimes.”

            “Your noona must be quite something,” Lila said admiring her.

            “You bet,” Jinyoung said.

            “Do you miss her? Your noona. I mean, you must miss her since you’re always away from her and do you miss your parents?”

            “I could say the same thing for you. Your parents still live in America don’t they? You live here by yourself, you must miss them, too.”

            “I do miss them,” Lila admitted.

            “As I miss mine,” Jinyoung said as he pointed towards a watch that he liked. “What about that? What do you think about that?”

 

Lila sat on her couch and admired the matching watches that she and Jinyoung had gotten earlier. Somehow, with every passing day, it felt like they were both boyfriend and girlfriend, despite not really being boyfriend or girlfriend. Lila wondered if Jinyoung was waiting for her to return the feelings of if he would once again confess to her.

            “Do I like him?” Lila whispered to herself as she reached over for the remote and began flicking through the channels on the television. Nothing seemed to work for her, everything seemed too boring or she had already seen it. She didn’t know why nothing was on at that time of night; it wasn’t even that late yet.

            Jinyoung had gone for his schedule and Lila knew that she wouldn’t be able to speak with him for quite a while since the recordings could always go on for longer than anticipated, but Lila knew that she would be able to speak with him the next day.

            Suddenly, her phone rang and Lila dashed to pick it up to find out that it was Eunji calling. “Eunji, do you need something?” Lila asked. “Are you waiting outside of my door or something?”

            “No,” Eunji said with a chuckle on the other line. “I’m almost back to the apartment and was wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with me.”

            “Oh, I guess,” Lila said thinking about it. It wouldn’t hurt watching a movie together, right? She saw no harm in it. “What movie are we watching?”

            “Something fun,” Eunji said with a laugh. “I’m not going to tell you, but I should be there in five minutes, alright?”

            “Okay,” Lila said hanging up the phone. As soon as she hung it up, the front doorbell rang. “Don’t tell me she’s already here,” she muttered to herself. “I thought you said you weren’t coming,” Lila began as she opened the door, but stopped when she saw the person that was standing there.

            “Lila, how are you tonight?” Sandeul asked giving Lila a bright smile. His footsteps had somehow found themselves in front of her doorstep, despite him saying to himself that he wasn’t going to tell her, no matter what, but there he was facing her.

            “I’m…good,” Lila said looking at Sandeul strangely. She wondered why in the world he would be coming to her dorm at night. “Don’t you have a schedule?”

            “Nope,” Sandeul said shaking his head. He wanted to ask Lila if she was going to invite him in, but just thought that taking the safer route and just staying out in the hallway would work for he both of them. He didn’t want to act all friendly with Lila, especially when he thought that she didn’t know him.

            “Do you ever have a schedule?” Lila asked, halfway joking and halfway serious.

            “Did you not see the article I showed you today? I’m going to be getting a lot on my plate soon.”

            “Right,” Lila said temporarily forgetting about it. “So, why are you here tonight?”

            “I want to show you something,” Sandeul said as he rummaged around in his bag for the paper that he was looking for.

          “Is it another article about your drama because I looked it up and I already read most of it during my boredom,” Lila said as she leaned up against the post.

            “No, it’s not about that,” Sandeul grumbled as he continued to move around the messy things in his bag before he found a slightly crumpled piece of paper. “Ah-ha, take a look at this.”

            “What is this?” Lila asked before she looked down at the piece of paper. “Wait, how did they know about our past relationship?” Lila suddenly asked upon reading the title. That sentence caught Sandeul off guard.

            “Wait, what did you just say?” Sandeul asked catching it. He wasn’t purposefully attempting to catch Lila, he didn’t even know that she lied, but it somehow slipped out of .

            “They say that we were in a past relationship?” Lila asked doing her best to cover up her mistake, but it was no use, the damage was already done and Sandeul had already heard it.

            “You…you lied to me?” he asked looking at Lila in disbelief. He couldn’t believe that the girl he had loved in the past would lie to him. “You’ve never lied to me before.”

            “Sandeul-oppa,” Lila started in an attempt to clear things up.

            “Tell me the truth,” Sandeul said firmly looking at Lila. “Tell me the truth, did you lie to me about not remembering me?”

            Lila figured that there was no way to hide the truth anymore and slowly nodded her head. “I lied to you. I thought it would be better if you just didn’t know that I remembered you. I mean, you are dating Eunji.”

            “Still, you lied to me,” Sandeul said. “You lied to me about not remembering me, about not remembering our past. I thought about it for a long time wondering how in the world you would be able to forget such a thing that we had. Did it mean nothing to you?”

            “Did it mean nothing to me,” Lila scoffed. “Did it mean nothing to you, too? You were the one that left me. You left me and then I left the country. Happy?”

            “No,” Sandeul said.

            “Good because I’m not happy right now either,” Lila said slamming the door in Sandeul’s face. As Sandeul turned to go back to the dorm, he found himself face to face with Eunji.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will Sandeul and Lila's relationship be like now? Will Eunji tell Sandeul that she already overheard before? Will Jinyoung confess to Lila again? Will the press make something out of Sandeul and Lila's past relationship?

 

Here is Chapter 10. Hope you enjoyed :D