The Sneaky One

Hearts Will Never Change

“So, why did you want to meet up?” Eunji asked as she stared at Sandeul.

            “Just because,” Sandeul said sighing as he looked back at her. “Why were you calling the other members besides me?”

            “No reason,” Eunji simply said, but Sandeul didn’t believe her that easily. He always thought something was fishy with her, otherwise why would the company have pressured him to go out with her?

            It wasn’t like it was Sandeul’s choice to date Eunji and when he first heard that he was going to be put into a relationship with her, he was slightly taken aback and angered at the thought of going into another relationship after he was forced to break up with the girlfriend that he had before. The company said that Lila wouldn’t have helped his popularity but Eunji would. To Sandeul, it wasn’t like it exactly made a difference, but to fulfill his dream of becoming an idol, Sandeul went into the relationship with her. Over time, Sandeul found himself liking Eunji, but he always figured that he would one day break it off, but a year and a half passed and nothing. He was still together with Eunji.

            “Alright,” Sandeul said with a smile. “But I just thought that we hadn’t really had time to spend with just the two of us.”

            “What are you talking about?” Eunji asked. “We’ve spent plenty of time alone together.”

            “Yeah, but still,” Sandeul said as he got close to Eunji and put his arm around her shoulder. “I like spending time with just the two of us.”

            “I like spending time with just the two of us, tool,” Eunji said with a smile as she looked at Sandeul.

 

“What is our relationship now?” Jinyoung asked Lila as they both sat on her couch.

            “What are you talking about?” Lila asked.

            “I mean…you know what I mean,” Jinyoung said as he looked at her. He was slightly embarrassed to say the words now that they meant something much greater than before. Not that they didn’t mean anything before, but they didn’t have such a greater impact.

            Jinyoung was serious when he said that he liked Lila before, but just the fact that Lila hadn’t returned those feelings made the words easy to say, but now, Jinyoung wasn’t entirely sure what Lila felt for him anymore. He was confused as to whether she liked him. It seemed like she did at some points, but at others, Jinyoung was entirely at a loss.

            “Ah, that,” Lila said as a light smile came upon her face as she thought about it.

            She wasn’t entirely certain in her feelings and she wasn’t very confident in herself, she only knew that she was starting to enjoy Jinyoung’s company by her side. Whenever he wasn’t there, she was beginning to miss him. It was a strange feeling to her. Even though she had boyfriends back in America after Sandeul, it wasn’t a feeling that she had often. Maybe it was because Jinyoung was Sandeul’s friend or maybe it was because she was starting to develop deep feelings for him, she wasn’t sure and she didn’t think she would ever be sure.

            “So…what are we?”

            “What…are…we…” Lila gently said, her voice barely above a whisper as she thought.

            What were her and Jinyoung? Jinyoung had kissed her and she hadn’t pulled away. Now it was nighttime and he was still over at her house. They had been sitting in each other’s arms for who knows how long. Did that automatically make them in a relationship? If it did, then Lila never wanted to leave. She felt comforted by being around Jinyoung and being embraced by Jinyoung, so did that mean that she liked him?

            “Never mind, you don’t have to answer,” Jinyoung said after he couldn’t take the silence anymore. He didn’t want to have to deal with the possibility of Lila rejecting him.

            As Jinyoung was moving to get up, Lila grabbed his arm and stopped him. “Jinyoung-oppa…I think we’re boyfriend and girlfriend.”

            “What?” Jinyoung asked in shock as he turned around to look at her.

            “I think our relationship now,” Lila said slightly embarrassed that she had to say it again. “I think our relationship now is boyfriend and girlfriend.”

            Jinyoung stared at Lila in disbelief, he didn’t think that she would say those words; he didn’t think that she would ever say those words, or at least not until he said them himself. But there she was, saying that they were now boyfriend and girlfriend, he couldn’t have been happier. He just wanted to embrace Lila forever, but Jinyoung wondered if that would be too surprising and end up pushing Lila away from him.

            “Thank you,” Jinyoung said as he sat back down on the couch and hugged Lila.

            “Thank you?” she asked with a faint smile on her face as her red cheeks were slowly losing their embarrassed color. “Why are you thanking me?”

            “Because I didn’t think that you would return my feelings. I didn’t think that you would ever return them.”

            “Hey, it’s not like I’m stuck on Sandeul-oppa,” Lila said with a slight pout. “I’ve had boyfriends after him in America.”

            “I didn’t say that,” Jinyoung said with a smile that just wouldn’t leave his face. “But thank you.”

            “Stop with the thanking,” Lila said with a laugh. “Don’t you have to get back to the dorm?”

            “Are you attempting to get rid of me already?” Jinyoung asked as he pouted and attempted to do aegyo for her.

            “No, I’m not tired of you. I’m just worried about you. Do you have a schedule tomorrow? You’ll be too tired.”

            “As long as I’m with you, I’ll never be tired.”

            “Cheesy,” Lila said rolling her eyes. “But seriously, wouldn’t they be looking for you? Do you have a curfew?”

            “No, not really,” Jinyoung said shaking his head. “I can just stay here for the night.”

            “Wait, what?” Lila asked as she immediately got off of the couch and began following Jinyoung around her house. “Why are you going to stay the night?”

            “It’s too late for me to go back to the dorm, what if someone attempts to rob me or hurt me?”

            “You’re a man, unless you’re saying that you’re a girly man,” Lila said rolling her eyes.

            “But still, it’s late,” Jinyoung pleaded.

            “So on the first night of the relationship, you want to stay in your girlfriend’s house?”

            “I wouldn’t normally, but with the circumstances, please?”

            Lila stared at Jinyoung and rolled her eyes once more before she walked away with Jinyoung following behind her.

 

“Where’s Jinyoung-hyung?” Baro asked as he looked at Gongchan and Sandeul.

            “How am I supposed to know?” Sandeul asked.

            “Well did he come home last night? You were the one that was out second to the latest,” Baro explained. “Shinwoo-hyung and I were playing video games and Channie was recording us.”

            “Oh,” Sandeul said shrugging his shoulders. “I don’t know where he went, but if we don’t hurry up, then we’re going to be late for school.”

            “Alright,” he said as he and Gongchan finished packing up their things before they continued on their way.

            Like usual, the boys played on their way to the school and joked around with one another. Frankly, it didn’t matter to them that Jinyoung wasn’t there because they were positive that he was just probably out at the company composing a song. They were used to him being gone at random times of the day and night just to go compose a song or white lyrics. However, they were surprised when they saw him at school already.

            “There’s Lila,” Gongchan said pointing to where she was standing outside of the school.

            “It looks like she’s waiting for someone,” Sandeul whispered to the rest of them.

            “How are you so sure?” Shinwoo asked staring at Lila.

            “Hyung, why would she just be standing outside of the school like that?” Baro asked attempting to put some reasoning into why Lila was standing outside of the school.

            “True, true,” Shinwoo said as it started making sense.

            The four made their way behind a bush to spy on who Lila was waiting for. It wasn’t like they wanted to just do that, but they were curious as to who she was waiting for, especially Sandeul. He wanted to know why Lila was waiting by herself.

            Within a couple of minutes, Jinyoung emerged from a nearby bakery and handed a bottle of banana milk along with some pastries to Lila. “Here you go,” Jinyoung said.

            “Thank you,” Lila said with a smile. “You didn’t have to go get it.”

            “But I wanted to,” Jinyoung said with a smile as he quickly kissed Lila on the cheek.

            “Oppa,” Lila said as her face suddenly started to feel hotter. “What if people see?”

            “Who cares if people see?” Jinyoung asked as he took a sip of his milk.

            “Wouldn’t your company be mad?”

            “You’re always worried about the company,” Jinyoung said with a light laugh. “You don’t always have to be worried about the company, alright?”

            “Alright,” Lila said nodding her head.

            “Okay, let’s go inside now,” Jinyoung said grabbing her free hand as they walked into the school grounds together.

            Meanwhile, behind the bush, the guys stared at the scene that happened. “Tell me that did not just happen,” Baro said staring at the empty place that was left by the couple.

            “What?” Shinwoo asked.

            “Are they dating each other?” Gongchan asked.

            “You can’t be serious,” Sandeul added in. He didn’t want to believe it with his own eyes that Lila was with Jinyoung. Seeing the scene in front of him, Sandeul got a bad feeling inside of him. If it was jealous he would never know or even realize it. All he knew was that he was experiencing a bad feeling inside of him that somehow emerged from seeing them together.

            “We should get going,” Shinwoo said as he looked at his watch. “We’re going to be late otherwise.”

            “Alright,” Gongchan said as he began gathering his stuff and Baro did the same.

            “Yah! Lee Sandeul, are you going to come with us?” Baro asked slightly knocking Sandeul to get his sense back into him.

            “Yeah, sorry, sorry,” Sandeul said as he quickly gathered his stuff and followed the guys into school.

 

“Why did you want to see me here?” Eunji asked as she folded her arms and stared at the man in front of her.

            “We think that we should put an end to your and Sandeul’s relationship,” the man said.

            “What are you talking about?” Eunji asked.

            “Stop pretending to play dumb.”

            “Mr. President,” Eunji said staring at him. “I don’t think you know what’s good for you.”

            “I’m the President and the CEO of this company and I’m in charge of B1A4, I think I know what’s good for them,” he said.

            “Well then you’ll know that breaking apart my relationship with Sandeul is going to be a bad thing.”

            “I don’t even know why I put you with him in the first place. If I realized how much damage was done when Sandeul was forced to break up with his previous girlfriend, I would’ve never done it,” he explained.

            “Then sir, why did you?” Eunji asked. “You wouldn’t have approached me.”

            “I didn’t approach you, you approached me,” he said attempting to clear the situation. “I never approached you to do a relationship. You came to me.”

            “Still,” Eunji said shrugging her shoulders. “How much longer is this going to last? You’re interrupting my school time.”

            “However long this needs to,” he said with a sigh. “Either way, your relationship is ending soon and I’ll be sending out the press releases, I just hope that you prepare yourself.”

            “I don’t know if you want to do that,” she says as she smirks.

            The CEO just rolls his eyes. He knew better than to just let Eunji go like that. He figured that she would have something up her sleeve like she had been throughout the length of her relationship with Sandeul.

            “And why wouldn’t I want to do that?” he asks.

            “Because I have some information that could potentially be useful to you.”

            “Do you now,” he said sighing he was tired of having Eunji around and after hearing about Sandeul and Lila’s story, he thought that Sandeul should be with Lila instead.

            “Your leader, Jinyoung, is dating Lila,” Eunji said as she fiddled around with a pen in her hand before staring at the man in front of her.

            “Of course they are,” he said rolling his eyes. “Just be prepared for when the breakup comes, now go back to school.”

            The CEO ushered Eunji out of his office to go back to school before he entered once again and closed the door. He figured that Jinyoung probably wasn’t dating Lila and that it was just something that she had made up purely for the sake of attempting to stay with Sandeul, but the CEO knew that she was a tricky one. He figured that he should tell Sandeul about his breakup, a reason being could be that Sandeul was too busy with his schedules to meet with her as often as they had both liked.

            “Yes, that’s good,” he muttered to himself as he thought of a reason. “There’s no way that Lila and Jinyoung are dating, Lila and Sandeul should get back together.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen with Eunji and Sandeul? Will the CEO attempt to get Sandeul and Lila back together? Will the CEO approve of Jinyoung and Lila? Will Jinyoung and Lila keep their relationship a secret?

 

Here's Chapter 16. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And I'm getting back into the swing of updating! College life...exams...while the college life may be fun, the exams are not.