Everything Changes in the Blink of an Eye

Hearts Will Never Change

Lila woke up in the morning with a strange feeling, but she still continued doing her daily activities. It was the day of the party that she was supposed to go to with Sandeul and as reluctant as she was to go with him, she already made a promise with him, so she couldn’t back out. However, everything that had happened the previous day was still running through her mind. It was too much to take in. Sandeul still liked her and they had kissed. That was the most important part, they had kissed and Jinyoung witnessed it all. 

            Did Lila still like Sandeul? Even she herself wasn’t sure anymore. Sure she was dating Jinyoung, but Sandeul’s words had her thinking the rest of the night. If Jinyoung hadn’t shown an interest in her right from the beginning, would she have found her way back to Sandeul? Lila wasn’t sure if it would go that far, but something did stir inside of her when she saw Sandeul again for the first time. However, since Jinyoung and she did have a connection in the beginning, it was difficult to know if she would have really gone back to Sandeul’s side.

            Even so, with her mind in a jumble, Lila wondered if she and Jinyoung should have a break with one another. It wouldn’t be a permanent breakup, but it would be a way for them to both find what they really wanted out of their relationship and what they both wanted in life, whether it was each other or not.

            As Lila was making a mental lists of pros and cons about the break, there was a knocking on her door. “Hello?” Lila asked as she unlocked it and opened it to see Jinyoung standing on the other side. “Oh…oppa,” Lila said as she just stared at him.  “What are you doing here so early?”

            “Just thought I’d come and see you before you went with Sandeul tonight,” Jinyoung said with a smile.

            “Well come in,” Lila said inviting him in before shutting the door. “Why didn’t you let yourself in? You know the password.”

            “Just felt like knocking,” he said with a chuckle as he sat down the couch with Lila joining him. “Why are you up this morning?”

            “I was thinking. My head is so jumbled from yesterday…” Lila softly said. She knew that it was a topic that she and Jinyoung needed to seriously speak about, but she didn’t exactly know how to talk about it. How could she just directly say something about her and Sandeul kissing? She was caught off guard and Lila secretly hoped that Sandeul was able to explain everything and clear up possible misunderstandings.

            “Ah,” Jinyoung said with a nod of his head. “Listen…about yesterday…I’m sorry for overreacting.”

            “Overreacting?” Lila asked in shock as she looked at him. “I don’t think you overreacted at all. I mean, I’m the one in the wrong, right? I let him kiss me after all… But I don’t want it to ruin your friendship,” Lila quickly added. “You guys are in a group together and you guys have a lot of fans and I’m sure they would be heartbroken if you guys weren’t a group anymore. Maybe I should just leave all of your lives and then maybe things would be easier for all of you. Listen, oppa…there’s something I want to talk with you about…”

            “What is it?” Jinyoung cautiously asked. He didn’t like the sound of Lila’s voice and he felt as though something bad was about to happen, or at least something that he wouldn’t like.

            “I’ve been doing some thinking this morning…I’ve actually been doing a lot of thinking this morning.”

            “About what?”

            “About everything…about us…about my past…about the future,” Lila said as she started naming things.

            “What did you come up with?” Jinyoung asked. He was worried about what Lila’s answer might be, but he was ready to embrace it. No matter if he wanted to hear it or not, Jinyoung was going to embrace whatever was coming.

            “I’ve found out that I don’t think I know myself anymore,” Lila said as she turned to look at Jinyoung. “Throughout this entire time that I’ve come back to Korea, I feel as though I’ve lost myself somewhere along the way. I don’t know what the future holds and I haven’t even really been thinking about it. I’ve just been living my life day by day and I think it’s time that I’ve thought about something other than tomorrow. I should think about the future, right?”

            “Right,” Jinyoung said slowly nodding his head. “What does that mean for us then?”

            “I think we should take a break,” Lila admitted after a long silence between the two of them. “Let’s just take a break and see what we want to do and where we want to go. It’s not like breaking up,” she quickly attempted to explain, “but it’s more like seeing if this is what we truly want.”

            “And what if we decide that this isn’t what we truly want?” Jinyoung hesitantly asked. It would be a lie to say that he was confident in taking a break because he wasn’t sure if he was going to be able to get Lila back in the end. He could already feel her feelings for him wavering and he didn’t want them wavering anymore, but he didn’t want her to feel as though she was lost in her own world. Jinyoung didn’t want Lila to feel as though she didn’t have control over her own life.

            “Then I guess we have to separate,” Lila sighed.

            “I understand,” Jinyoung said as he slowly nodded his head.

            “Jinyoung-oppa, I’m sorry,” Lila apologized as Jinyoung started heading towards the door.

            “What are you apologizing for?” Jinyoung asked with a light chuckle.

            “I’m sorry I don’t know what I’m doing anymore.”

            “You don’t have to be sorry for something like that,” Jinyoung said as he slowly walked closer to Lila and softly patted her on the head. “A lot of people get lost along the way. Just know that I’m here for you if you ever want someone to lean on.”

            “Thank you,” Lila said with a smile. “Here, let me walk  you out.”

            Silently, Lila and Jinyoung took the short walk from the couch to the front door. Without saying a word, Jinyoung silently wrapped his arms around Lila and pulled her in for a long hug. He gently rested his head on her shoulder and took in her scent before releasing her. “I guess I’ll be seeing you around?”

            “Yeah,” Lila said as she nodded her head once. Without saying a word, Jinyoung made his way towards the elevator before looking one last time at Lila to wave, to which she thankfully waved back.

            Jinyoung understood the idea of taking a break. He understood that Lila was probably in a time of confusion, but with every step that he took away from her apartment, Jinyoung realized that he probably was never going to come back. Inside he just had a bad feeling about the entire taking a break. He wasn’t sure if Lila was going to go back to him or if she was going to find happiness elsewhere. But as much as it was something that he didn’t want to do, Jinyoung realized that maybe it was the best for the both of them to reevaluate what they wanted, but it was also a time for Jinyoung to try harder to win her back. If that was possible, Jinyoung wasn’t sure.

            “Hyung, what’s wrong?” Gongchan curiously asked as Jinyoung sulked back to the dorm. “I thought you were supposed to be hanging out with Lila.”

            “Yeah,” Jinyoung said as he made his way into his room, with Gongchan following right behind him.

            “Hyung, you can tell me if something’s bothering you and obviously something’s bothering you,” Gongchan said as he hopped onto the bed next to Jinyoung. “Did something happen between you and Lila?”

            “I wouldn’t say something bad, though,” Jinyoung said as he attempted to lighten up the atmosphere a bit.

            “What is it, though?” he curiously asked.

            “Lila and I…we’re taking a break,” Jinyoung slowly admitted. “She said that she doesn’t know who she is anymore and that she wants to see if this is what she truly wants in life.”

            “Does that mean that you guys are broken up?”

            “I wouldn’t say broken up…” Jinyoung slowly said, “but it’s more like just how it sounds, we’re just taking a break from one another. We’re not really broken up, but we’re not really together either.”

            “Sounds complicated,” Gongchan said with a light chuckle.

            “Well it isn’t the best feeling in the world,” Jinyoung said as he attempted to put on a smile as he looked at Gongchan.

            “Do you know any reason why she would want to take a break?”

            “No,” Jinyoung said shaking his head. “I only know that she said she doesn’t feel like herself anymore, she doesn’t feel like she knows who she is.”

            “Do you think you two are going to break up?”

            “I don’t know, Channie,” Jinyoung sighed as he looked at him. “I really don’t know.”

            “Hyung…” Gongchan said after a long silence.

            “Yeah?” Jinyoung asked as he looked up at Gonghchan.

            “Your phone is ringing.”

 

Slowly, time passed and it was already time to get ready for the party. Hesitantly, Lila started dressing herself in the dress that she and Sandeul picked out. Sighing, Lila could only stare at herself and remember Sandeul’s words about never wearing dresses. It was like the Lila of the past and present were two different people, but she had gone through a lot, and she was still going through a lot. Currently she was on a break with Jinyoung and Eunji believed she was going after Sandeul. Things were just…confusing.

            While looking at herself and being lost in her thoughts, hearing the doorbell scared Lila out of her socks. “Hey, something wrong?” Sandeul asked as he curiously looked at Lila who was breathing heavily and staring wide-eyed at Sandeul.

            “No, nothing, I was just shocked by the door,” Lila said with a small chuckle, “shall we get going?”

            “Sure,” Sandeul said with a smile. “Let’s get going.”

            While walking out of the apartment, Sandeul wanted to extend his arm to Lila, but he wondered if that would be overstepping his boundaries. He figured that Jinyoung was right, he had no right to be in Lila’s life anymore. Jinyoung was dating her and Sandeul was just someone of the past, he was no longer anyone important.

            “So um, you know,” Sandeul slowly began as he tried to start up a conversation between him and Lila to ease the awkwardness, “you look really…um…nice.”

            “Oh, thanks,” Lila said with a nervous chuckle. “You look really…nice, too.”

            “Thanks,” Sandeul said with a wide smile. The conversation slowly died between them as they got to the car and entered with the manager driving them to the venue.

            “So,” Lila slowly said, “what types of people are going to be there?”

            “Everyone that worked on the drama,” Sandeul said as he slowly turned to look at her. “Like all of the staff and the cast. Some press might be there, too.”

            “Press?” Lila nervously asked.

            “Yeah, but don’t worry, nothing will probably happen, I mean we’re friends, right?”

            “Yeah,” Lila said with a nod of her head, “friends.”

            Once Lila and Sandeul arrived at the party, it seemed as though the awkwardness between them lessened a bit, but that was probably because they were surrounded by people. Lila still stuck to Sandeul’s side, though, since there wasn’t anyone that she knew while Sandeul had worked with these people for a while and therefore knew them much better.

            “Um…thanks for coming with me,” Sandeul said with a smile as he looked at Lila once they got back to her apartment.

            “You’re welcome,” Lila said with a smile. “It’s just…a different wrap up party than I’ve seen on the internet.”

            “Yeah, it is a bit different,” Sandeul said with a chuckle. “But listen…Lila…everything, everything that I’ve done before I’ve meant. The kiss, the confession, even asking you to this thing, it was all because I really care for you and I really like you.”

            “Thanks, but—,” Lila began before she was cut off.

            “Let me just get this out,” Sandeul continued. “Even though I really like you and I really care for you, Jinyoung-hyung is the one that’s there for you now. I’m just…a person of the past. Therefore, this will be the last night I will see you as someone of my interest. When tomorrow comes and I wake up, you’ll just be another girl. You’ll be a group member’s girlfriend and just a past story to me.”

            “But Sandeul-oppa…listen to me,” Lila said as she finally managed to get a word in. “Jinyoung-oppa and I…we’re on a break. We just started today…this having a break.”

            “Why are you guys having a break?”

            “I…I’m in the midst of trying to find myself. It’s not an official breakup, but…I’m in the mist of finding what I want in the future, whether it’s Jinyoung-oppa or whether it’s someone else.”

            “And have you thought of anything yet?” Sandeul curiously asked. Upon hearing the news that Jinyoung and Lila were taking a break, he got a little excited about the whole idea. He thought that maybe he would have a fighting chance for Lila, but he never knew what Lila was thinking anymore. Her mind could be doing anything.

            “I…I don’t know,” Lila said as she looked up at Sandeul. “I don’t know what the future has for anyone, but I think my heart might be leading me somewhere.”

            Suddenly, without warning, Lila quickly hugged Sandeul and kissed him on the cheek, shocking the both of them. “Lila…” Sandeul said as he looked at her.

            “Oh!” Lila exclaimed as she realized what she had done. “I…Sandeul-oppa…I…sorry,” Lila apologized. “I don’t know what came over me just then…I— Jinyoung…oppa?” Lila hesitantly asked as she finally noticed Jinyoung standing near the door of her apartment. “What are you doing here?”

            “Manager-hyung said you guys were at Lila’s apartment, so I thought I’d come and apologize for my sudden departure this morning and I thought that maybe we could have a talk, but I guess I can already see that you made up your mind.”

            “Oppa it’s not like this,” Lila attempted to reason.

            “Hyung…nothing is happening between us,” Sandeul chimed in.

            “Is this the whole reason why you wanted a break? So you can chase after Sandeul and see which one is better between me or him?” Jinyoung questioned. “Maybe I should’ve listened to Eunji’s warning saying that you were going after him.”

            “Eunji’s warning? What are you talking about?” Lila asked as she looked at him. “I promise you that I have no idea what just got into me right now.”

            “People don’t just do things spontaneously, Lila,” Jinyoung said as he looked at her, “people do it because deep inside them, they really want to. Hidden in their unconscious is this desire to do it, things don’t just get done just because.”

            “Oppa, oppa,” Lila said as she attempted to chase after Jinyoung. After taking a couple of long strides, Jinyoung stopped in his tracks but kept his back facing her. “I’m sorry,” Lila managed to say. “I really don’t know what I was thinking.”

            “Neither do I,” Jinyoung said with a bitter chuckle as he slowly turned around, the tears already evident in his eyes. “I don’t know what I was thinking when I asked you out or asked you to be my girlfriend. I don’t know what I was thinking when I kept your secret from the other members and I don’t know what I was thinking to come here tonight thinking that somehow it’d work out between us. But I do know what I’m thinking right now.”

            “And what is that?” Lila hesitantly asked.

            “It’s Sandeul. It’s always been Sandeul,” Jinyoung slowly said as he looked at Lila. “It was never me…I realize that now.”

            “Oppa, I can explain,” Lila attempted to reason, but Jinyoung shook his head.

            “No need,” he said as he started to walk away, but took one last look back at Lila. “But Lila, you’re really beautiful tonight,” he softly said before he started walking away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What will happen between Jinyoung and Lila? Will they work out their relationship? Will Sandeul try to make his move in on Lila now that Jinyoung is seemingly out of the picture? How will everyone else react?

 

Here's Chapter 27. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And sorry if the story seems as though it's going fast...but I mean...it's been there for a while...Lila's remaining feelings for Sandeul... Lila was just caught up in the moment...

 

And I'm feeling an end to this story. I'm not sure how long until it'll be the end, but the end feels near... So what do you think will happen?

 

Have a good morning, good afternoon, or goodnight. See you soon :)