Leave Me

Hearts Will Never Change

Lila cautiously looked around her. It wasn’t that she was necessarily afraid; she just didn’t know what to expect. Because of her hanging out with Jinyoung and the other guys of B1A4, and because of her past relationship with Sandeul, people had started taking notice of her. More notice than she would’ve liked.

            “Are you okay?” Jinyoung asked for the thousandth time. He noticed Lila’s weird behavior, but he didn’t really want to say anything about it. He didn’t know if something had happened to her, so he didn’t want to feel like he was pressurizing her to tell him. He didn’t have to know, he was simply curious.

            “Hmm,” Lila said as she nodded her head in agreement. “I’m good.”

            “Okay,” Jinyoung said in a slightly low voice. It wasn’t that he didn’t trust Lila, it was just that it didn’t seem that she was okay.

            Jinyoung didn’t say another word as he and Lila walked into the university together, but he did notice how Lila kept looking around, back and forth in different directions. She seemed uneasy because of something, but he wasn’t able to detect what that something was.

            “Hey guys,” Gongchan happily said as he walked up to them.

            “Hey,” Jinyoung said with a smile. Gongchan took a quick glance at Lila and noticed her mood. He wondered what was wrong with her, but he figured that it was a good idea not to ask anything because he wasn’t sure if Jinyoung was the cause. However, it seemed like the two were still on good terms.

            “You guys going to go to class?” he curiously asked.

            “Yeah, I’ll be heading first,” Lila said as she looked at the two and quickly walked away before either could question her actions.

            “What’s wrong with Lila?” Gongchan asked as they both looked at Lila until her back disappeared into the building.

            “I…don’t know,” Jinyoung sighed. “Do you think that she’s affected by the news about her identity being revealed?” Gongchan didn’t say anything and just shrugged his shoulders. “It’s weird,” Jinyoung continued as he attempted to make sense of it all. “She was perfectly fine and then suddenly she starts acting like that. Something must’ve happened that caused her to start acting like that. Something must’ve happened.”

            “I could try to help you figure it out if you want me to,” Gongchan offered as he looked at his watch, “I should leave for my first class, but you have a good day, alright hyung? Don’t think too much about Lila and worry yourself too much.”

            “How can I not worry? She’s my girlfriend,” Jinyoung said with a light laugh as Gongchan smiled and began walking into the building that Lila went into before.

 

Sitting in class, Lila put her head on the desk. She was the first one in the classroom, not that it mattered anyway since the other kids started to file in a couple of minutes after she had. “Hey, is something wrong or are you just tired?” Gongchan asked as he sat next to Lila.

            “Tired,” Lila lied. How in the world could she tell the rest of the guys? Somehow she began thinking about what life would be like if she wasn’t dating Jinyoung. Surely she and Eunji would talk more frequently and she would probably just live a normal life not knowing a thing. However, she probably wouldn’t have even known that Sandeul was an idol and she probably would’ve never met him again.

            At least that was a good part in her mind. She could get a peace of mind about the whole thing with Sandeul. They could at least see that the other was happy without them and have moved on from their relationship, although there was no reason why they shouldn’t have, it was two years ago.

            “You know, you shouldn’t believe everything you hear or read,” Gongchan said breaking the silence between them as more students started filing in and the room started getting noisier.

            “What are you talking about?” Lila asked as she curiously stared at Gongchan.

            “I’m just saying that sometimes finding out the truth is better than thinking something is true that isn’t,” Gongchan said. “I mean, rumors surface all the time in the idol world and the way that we clear things up is by talking it out with the CEO and then everything get cleared up.”

            “Sorry, Gongchan, but I don’t have a company to represent me, and that’s not even what’s wrong,” Lila said as she turned to look at him before she began getting out her books.

            “I never said it was, I was just telling you.”

            “Right,” Lila said as she watched the teacher came into the room and took his position at the front of the class.

 

“Are you sure that she’s okay?” Gongchan asked Jinyoung that night. Throughout the whole school day the two kept a close eye on Lila without telling the other guys since they were sure that they would want to meddle and somehow help. Jinyoung figured that it would be best to keep whatever they find between the two of them, they didn’t want to overwhelm Lila and possibly make her withdraw herself even more. But Jinyoung had no idea what was going on. He didn’t know if stress was getting to her and he didn’t know if it was because of something that was in the papers. It was all a mystery.

            After classes, Lila went back to her apartment telling the other guys that they should catch up on their rest rather than worry about her. Not wanting to argue with her and possibly anger her more, Gongchan and Jinyoung grumbled in agreement and went back to the dorm and let Lila have some time by herself.

            “I’m not sure of anything,” Jinyoung sighed as he leaned back on the couch in the dorm and closed his eyes. “I really don’t know anything.”

            “But she’s your girlfriend, hyung,” Gongchan said taking slight pity on him. He also wanted to know what was wrong with Lila, though. He wanted to know why she was acting so strange. “Hyung, do you think that it has anything to do with Eunji?”

            “What do you mean? Eunji wouldn’t have done anything,” Jinyoung said shaking his head with his eyes still closed and his head still back on the couch.

            Gongchan looked suspiciously at Jinyoung; thankfully Jinyoung wasn’t able to see him. There was no way that Jinyoung could just easily dismiss Eunji as doings something like that. Something inside of Gongchan began stirring, but he didn’t want to ask Jinyoung because he was sure that he wouldn’t probably tell him everything that he knew.

            “I…I don’t know,” Gongchan sighed as he attempted to think why Jinyoung would defend Eunji so easily. “Hyung, don’t tell me that you like Eunji,” he said as he began to tread in dangerous water, and he could feel it.

            “Gongchan, are you crazy?” Jinyoung asked as he immediately sat up and stared at the boy. “I do not like Eunji.”

            “I was just proposing it,” Gongchan said as he put his hands up in his own defense. “I never said that you actually liked her, I was just asking if it was a possibility.”

            “A possibility? I like Lila and nothing is going to change that.”

            “Hyung, I believe you, so stop freaking out,” Gongchan said as he put his hand on Jinyoung’s shoulder.

            Jinyoung stopped talking and stared at the boy. He couldn’t believe that he had just said those things to Gongchan. What he said didn’t really reveal anything, Jinyoung knew that Gongchan was a smart boy and that he would probably be able to figure things out.

            “Gongchan, it’s not what you think,” Jinyoung said as he attempted to clarify.

            “What isn’t?” he asked in an attempt to play dumb.

            “You know what I’m talking about,” Jinyoung sighed. “I like Lila, Lila’s my girlfriend, alright? I just want to help her, but I think that I might have to talk to Eunji again…”

            “Again?” Gongchan yelled. “You already talked to her before?”

            “Yea, I told her to let the company break her and Sandeul up cleanly.”

            “Hmm, I liked having her around.”

            “There’s no time for remembering the past, we’re trying to help Lila here.”

            “Hyung, did you ever think of just talking with her?” Gongchan asked.

            “I…I…” Jinyoung began as he attempted to think of it, “I attempted to, but she rejected me.”

            “Then try harder,” Gongchan said as he forced Jinyoung off of his and towards the door. “Go see her. Now.”

            Going towards the door, Jinyoung slipped his jacket and shoes on as he looked at Gongchan. “Are you going to be alright at the dorm by yourself?” he worriedly asked.

            “Of course I’ll be alright, do you think I’m a baby or something?” Gongchan whined. “Now go fix Lila.”

            “Got it, got it,” Jinyoung said with a nod of his head as he went out the door to go see her.

            It didn’t take long before Jinyoung was outside of Lila’s door, but there was a commotion going on inside that he could hear and that he was curious of. As Jinyoung was about to open the door, he remembered that he didn’t know her password. Awkwardly standing there, Jinyoung thought about what he should do. He didn’t want to wait out there because something bad could be happening.

            Thinking wildly, Jinyoung hesitated as his fingers as he lingered on the numbers that he would guess to be her password. He had no idea why his mind wanted to try that password, but it was worth a shot. The worst thing that would happen would be that Lila would know that there was someone outside, but what if she thought that he was a bugler?

            Still, though, Jinyoung pressed the buttons in one by one and his eyes went wide when he realized that the door clicked open. Without wasting another moment, Jinyoung opened the door wider and didn’t see anyone anywhere. Frantically looking around, he started getting worried with each passing second. Then he heard the voices again and went towards Lila’s bedroom, where they were being heard.

            Hesitantly peeking in, Jinyoung saw Lila lying on her bed simply watching dramas. He hadn’t realized that he was holding his breath until a large sigh escaped from his mouth causing Lila to suddenly turn and look at him.

            “What are you doing here?” she asked. “The door’s locked, you can’t get in.”

            “I guessed your password,” Jinyoung said.

            Lila stared at Jinyoung and didn’t say anything. She wondered how in the world he would’ve been able to guess the password, why would he have guessed such a thing? “You…guessed it,” she repeated.

            “Yes, I guessed it,” he said nodding his head.

            “But why did you come here?”

            “I wanted to talk with you.”

            “Talk…with me?” Lila asked. “Why?”

            “I want to know what’s wrong,” he said as he made his way over to the bed and gently sat down on the edge of it as Lila turned down her television and sat up straight. “And don’t say that nothing is wrong, either. I know that something is wrong, I know that something has been bothering you. I just want to know what it is.”

            “Nothing’s wrong,” Lila said as she shrugged her shoulders. “Absolutely nothing is wrong. I don’t know why you’re thinking that something is.”

            “Because something is off,” Jinyoung told her. “Even if it’s been one day, I notice things about you, Lila, I’m your boyfriend. Won’t you trust me?”

            “I trust you,” Lila said with a smile as she looked at him. “But how many times do I have to tell you that nothing is wrong?”

            “How many times do I have to tell you that I want to be there for you?” Jinyoung softly asked. He wasn’t getting angry at Lila, in fact, he understood her not really trusting him. He figured that the last time she probably trusted someone was when she was dating Sandeul and then he suddenly broke up with her. Jinyoung completely understood those feelings of not wanting to trust an outsider, but he wanted to be there for her. Jinyoung wanted to help her get through whatever she was going through.

            “Jinyoung…oppa…you shouldn’t,” she hesitantly said. “You should stay far away from me.”

            “Why? Why should I stay far away from you?” Jinyoung asked as he stared at her from the place where he was still sitting. “I love you, it’s practically love. Why do you want me to stay away from you?”

            “Because, I’m no good, you can find someone else. Go back to Eunji, just stay away from me.”

            “Please, tell me,” Jinyoung said practically begging Lila. “Please tell me what’s wrong. I want to know why you’re being like this. We haven’t been dating for that long, I haven’t even known you for that long, but all of my feelings are sincere. So please, Lila, tell me what’s wrong. I won’t leave you, I won’t ever leave you no matter what. Is it something that you heard on the television? Is it something that you read in the papers? Is it something that someone told you?”

            “Should they have told me something?” Lila curiously asked. “Should they have told me something about you?”

            “I don’t think so, but I don’t know if it’s something that you just saw or heard that was a rumor.”

            “You’re an idol, there are rumors all of the time, I understand,” Lila said nodding her head.

            “Then please tell me what’s wrong.”

            Turning off the TV, Lila got out of bed and moved her position to sit right next to Jinyoung at the edge of her bed. Slowly, she put her hands in between her legs and looked at him. And that’s when Jinyoung saw it. That’s when Jinyoung saw the look in Lila’s eyes. She didn’t seem to be herself, despite it only being a day, she seemed to be paler compared to before.

            “Lila…” Jinyoung slowly began to say as he reached out his hand to touch the side of her face. “Lila…”

            “Do you really want to know why you should leave me?” Lila asked, Jinyoung nodded his head. “I’m not worthy of anyone. I’m completely not worthy of anyone anymore. I’m not well.”

            “You’re not well?” Jinyoung asked. He knew that there were multiple meanings of not being well and he wanted to know which one Lila was referring to. “What do you mean by ‘you’re not well?’”

            “I’m sick,” Lila said, her voice barely above a whisper. “I have cancer, I have leukemia.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is Lila's password to her house? How is everyone else going to react to Lila's disease? How are Sandeul and Jinyoung going to react? What will they do? Will Sandeul attempt to win Lila back? Will Eunji go after a member?

 

Here's Chapter 19. Hope you enjoyed :D

 

And sorry for not updating in a very long time, but here's another chapter for you :)