No more running away

Pretty People Never Lie

 

 

Chapter 16

 

“So… according to Oh Mi Ja, the curly-haired cutie likes Wu Fan.”

They had only been out for fifteen minutes and Luhan was already cutting to the chase.

Kris furrowed his eyebrows and slowly placed his cup of coffee down to give his friend a pointed look.

“How on earth does Sehun know about this?” The Canadian didn’t even bother denying it.

“Junmyun told him.” The baby-faced guy’s answer triggered a new questioning glance from the other.

“Baekhyun told Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo told Junmyun and Junmyun told Oh Mi Ja and Oh Mi Ja told me.” Luhan hurried to explain further, using his fingers to count the gossiping old ladies that had been involved into this, as Kris had decided to call them.

“Aish, these guys are acting like middle aged housewives…” Wu Fan crossed his arms annoyed. A bunch of immature guys with overactive imaginations and big mouths was the last thing his relationship with Chanyeol needed at this point.

“I also heard Park Chanyeol slept over at your house a couple of days ago.” The cute guy raised an eyebrow, expecting to hear more details.

“So what?” Was all he got from the Canadian.

“You’ve no idea how much we’ve laughed thinking of how awkward you’d be in bed with him.” The sardonic smile on Luhan’s face made Kris shudder a bit.

“Don’t tell me you’ve been going around spreading rumors, like that!” The blonde had to lower his head as well as his voice at the aggravated glares he was receiving from the other customers of the cafe.

“I only told Yixing last night. And Minseok when we played football out in the park earlier today. And Jongdae might or might not have heard part of the story, after his ipod’s battery died down.” Luhan scratched his chin thoughtfully, not at all worried that he had done something very rude.

Frankly, it made Wu Fan furious, how easily others talked about Chanyeol’s life and his life and the mess between them which he, with all his wit could not solve.

“Oh!” Finally the cute guy noticed his friend’s glares. “But I didn’t tell Zitao! He stole my motorbike again and I’m taking revenge, so I didn’t tell him.” He said triumphantly, before biting his lower lip and falling into obedient silence.

“You should be ashamed of yourself.” The taller of the two stated in a low, dangerous tone.

“So did you finally accept the poor guy’s feelings? Will he be spending the nights at your place from now on?” The shame Luhan should have felt died down pretty fast, because the cute guy soon returned to the previous topic with even greater willingness.

“I did not and he definitely will not.” The Canadian deadpanned, leaving out little details, like the fact that he wouldn’t at all mind Chanyeol sleeping over to his place as often as she liked. Preferably every night.

“Why nooot?” The cute guy whined with his best childish voice, making Kris cringe with embarrassment.

The blonde could easily find a million good reasons why Chanyeol couldn’t be his boyfriend and why he couldn’t stay over for a very, very long time, but he couldn’t start confessing them in a crowded coffee shop, he thought.

So he didn’t answer.

“Just date him Wu Fan.” The Chinese guy sighed deeply and the cute pout disappeared from his face to give way to a serious expression.

“Why should I?” Kris averted his eyes, just in case Luhan caught on to his thinly veiled despair.

“Because you want to.” The baby-faced man must have found this explanation weak, just like it had sounded in Wu Fan’s ears, because he hurried to add, “Because if I have Oh Sehun’s wind making things float in my head, then you have Park Chanyeol’s fire in your eyes.”

Luhan took a deep breath.

“For once you look alive when you’re with him, when you talk about him, when you think about him…you’re burning up. You’re the old, carefree guy I was friends with back in Shanghai.” And the Canadian really felt his face heat up, as his friend said more about Chanyeol’s fire and about his old self that was much better than his current pitiful, adult version.

“Just date him, Wu Fan. Because you want to.” He finished with a sigh and suddenly Luhan didn’t look all that childlike.

“I can’t.” The blonde wasn’t sure how much he had just admitted with these simple words. However, judging from his friend’s surprised expression it should have been a lot more than he intended.

“Yes, you can!” He protested. “I’m sitting right here, having stood up a perfectly adorable highschooler who, despite your devious plans, thinks I’m a God of some sort, just so that I will be able to tell you that, yes, you can.”

The taller guy titled his head curiously. “You’re not dating Sehun, are you?”

“I’m not. Since he’s Oh Mi Ja. I’m only tutoring him in History.” Luhan gave out an offended look. “Of course I can’t promise anything about after he graduates…” He smiled evilly before shaking his head in frustration.

“Aish, don’t change the subject! I’m telling you, you should date Park Chanyeol.” He insisted.

“And I’m telling you, I can’t. I’m no good for this guy. If you’re so willing to find me a boyfriend, just pick someone else.” Kris wasn’t even sure what he was suggesting anymore.

He was just desperate and he wanted, no, he needed, Luhan to stop pushing him to date Chanyeol. Honestly, he didn’t need that behavior. What he needed was someone to chain him in his bed to prevent him from being with the crazy Korean boy.

“I’d love to find you another guy. But no other guy makes fire in your eyes.” Luhan said like it was the most valid argument out there.

“Well, maybe making fire in my eyes is not the most important thing. What about him? What about his eyes?” The feelings were welling up inside Wu Fan’s ribcage and he knew this was neither the time, nor the place to take it all out, but he wasn’t sure how much he’d be able to contain himself.

“What if there’s no fire in his eyes in the end? What if I ruin him? What am I going to do then? How am I supposed to live with myself then?” He hadn’t realized his hands were trembling next to his coffee, until Luhan gave him a worried glance and tried to steady them.

“Wu Fan,” The cute guy started cautiously, “the person you cried over… the one you said you had hurt, is that person Park Chanyeol?”

At this point, all Kris could do was nod and lower his head in shame.

He felt like he was standing in front of a crowd wearing only his underwear. Only, in this case his underwear was his feelings and Luhan could see everything clearly.

Not the most pleasant image, thought Kris, in retrospect.

“So that’s why you don’t want to make your relationship more intimate.” Luhan had figured it all out and the blonde didn’t know why his friend bothered asking anymore.

“But he’s in love with you anyway… Even if you’re trying to keep him away and not make things intimate, for him, isn’t it already too intimate?” At this, Kris finally looked up. He was more than surprised.

He hadn’t thought about it this way.

It hadn’t crossed his mind that, maybe, Chanyeol had been attached to him and he to Chanyeol, anyway, even though he had rejected the boy’s confession.

Perhaps, despite his denial and his cruel words, both of them were already intimate; intimate enough to sleep on each other’s laps and receive back hugs and feel lonely without each other.

What was the point of saying ‘no’, when every single thing he did screamed ‘yes’?

“Just kill me now.” The blonde breathed out, defeated.

That last step, he had sworn to never take; that final step leading to him officially hitting rock bottom, he had already taken it the moment he fell in love with Park Chanyeol and let the boy fall in love with him.

He had been downright foolish, to believe that his lies wouldn’t hurt Chanyeol so much as long as they didn’t start a relationship. In reality, they liked each other, maybe even loved each other, and his deception was already unforgivable.

He was already the bastard who had used an innocent guy in every way possible, from pretending to be his friend to making him fall in love with him.

And the boy loved him. So there was no chance he wouldn’t get hurt.

 “You’re such an idiot…” Luhan patted his back.

“Don’t ask me to kill you.” The cute guy chuckled. “Go over there and die in that guy’s arms.”

He motioned behind Wu Fan’s back and following his eyes the blonde noticed a startled, curly-haired guy walking inside the coffee shop right at that moment.

Instinctively, he stood up.

Chanyeol walked over to him, excited and worried at the same time, like something big had happened and he wasn’t sure if it was good or bad.

In the end bad must have prevailed, because his expression darkened and upon coming face to face with the taller blonde, he pouted profoundly.

He didn’t say anything, though, and he was making Wu Fan’s Chinese friend rather uncomfortable.

Kris, on the other hand had more important things to consider.

He had hit rock bottom, there was no question about that. He could probably get a prize for being the cruelest person out there. But surprisingly, this made him feel free.

Like it was finally over.

Something about being at the lowest place felt safe. At least he couldn’t go any further down now.

“Come with me?” The Canadian said decisively in the end and Chanyeol only nodded, solemnly.

They ended up in one of those all too familiar convenience stores, with a can of beer opened in front of them and then quickly discarded, as they both stared out at the night sky.

“Baekhyun is a meddlesome old lady. He told everyone I like you.” The curly-haired Korean began suddenly and even though Wu Fan didn’t turn to look at his face, he was sure the boy was frowning.

“I know.” The older one muttered simply.

 “And on top of that, he said that I came to you the other night and slept at your place, because I have the hots for you.” As the boy’s frustration grew, his friend relaxed and smiled soothingly.

“I know.” He repeated and it seemed like he had nothing more to say.

“But that’s not true!” Chanyeol added heatedly. “I would never use such a cheap trick to seduce you.”

He glanced over at Kris for some sort of confirmation.

“I know.” The blonde turned around and faced the other guy, a small smile playing on his lips while his eyes shone. He blinked back some tears and swallowed hard.

“I’m not dishonest like this… Or selfish and…I just wanted to make sure you knew… make sure that you-you don’t misunderstand…”  The Korean stammered, biting his lower lip a couple of times.

“Yes, I know.” The older guy assured.

I’d never… Even though I… Still…”He didn’t make much sense anymore, but Kris understood anyway. Cause the blonde could easily read the boy’s mind most of the time.

“Chanyeol-ah,” He gathered all his courage and it was stupid because he didn’t really need it in the first place.

This was not a moment he needed to be strong in order to face. It was the simplest, most satisfying moment.

One of those moments that you can just let yourself free and do whatever you want.

Because, it was already this intimate; it was already this bad, so it didn’t matter.

“Chanyeol-ah, I know.” Wu Fan ran his hand down the boy’s arm slowly.

“I never doubted you.” His fingers found the boy’s palm and awkwardly crawled between his own long, pretty fingers.

“You’re the least selfish, most kind and honest person, I have ever met.” He pressed his fingers across Chanyeol’s skin and dragged him closer, making the curly-haired guy blush to his ears. “I mean this with all my heart.”

He could feel the boy’s hot breath on his face and his neck and he made the mistake of looking away from those shining, fiery eyes and somehow all his attention focused on Chanyeol’s lips.

“And you’re crazy, because you fell for an Eskimo like me. And then you ran away from me and I ran away from this…” Kris squeezed the boy’s hand fondly.

“I ran away from this warmth. From us.” Kris raised his other hand to caress Chanyeol’s jawline and finally rest at the crook of his neck.

Us?” The boy shuddered a little, making Kris realized he had crossed the line and he quickly pulled away, if only just a bit.

“Yes, us.” Wu Fan could feel his voice low and heavy with emotion. “I’m warning you, I’m no good. If you want to run away again, Park Chanyeol, this is your last chance.”

The boy didn’t move, he didn’t even blink and Kris sighed deeply, trying to calm his overwhelmed heart.

It didn’t work out for him.

A little because he knew how wrong it was for this to feel so right, but mostly because Chanyeol was smiling at him the one second and the other he was burning a kiss on the corner of Wu Fan’s mouth with that fierce honesty that drove the blonde insane.

“Are you playing around with me now, Park Chanyeol?” Kris figured it was too late to go back now and with a passion he didn’t know he possessed, he pressed his lips on Chanyeol’s and there was nothing soft and playful about this.

Because this was not a joke.

Because this was serious.

Like the times the crazy guy called him ‘Wu Fan’.

It was a kiss just as desperate, as it was blissful.

Chanyeol gasped and when he started kissing him back, there was no reserve in his moves.  They tasted deeper into each other’s mouth and their hands found their place, tangled inside Chanyeol’s locks and on top of Wu Fan’s hips and so everything was at its rightful place.

After the first few, breathless kisses, Kris was starting to lose coherence.

At one moment he felt Chanyeol backing up on the convenience store’s wall and the other he was biting down his chin teasingly, making Wu Fan’s feet weaken and his grip on the boy’s hair tighten. 

He thought he heard the younger man moan his name at one point, his real name, not that cute nickname he had come up with, and his mind got even hazier.  His stomach was twisted and even though the blonde had closed his eyes to avoid drowning into the boy’s lustful gaze, he swore, he could still see stars.

Minutes, or maybe hours later, when Chanyeol’s hot breath grazed the skin right next to his mouth, after what must have been their first and hundredth kiss, Kris could also swear he would willingly die in the boy’s arms, just like Luhan had advised him to.



 

A/N: GUYS!!! THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR NICE COMMENTS.

I got so many birthday wishes, I feel loved...

You know who else feels loved? Yeollie! Right?

Small chapter but with some action to it.

How was it?? 

Tell me, I'm dying to hear your opinion.