8

One Way Ticket To Forever

 

Hyun Joong couldn't believe it was already 2011 and was feeling fortunate that he was able to come through as a solo artist.

His first solo album was doing well but his relationship with Hye Jung started straining him. He knew they made a pact with each other to keep their relationship from the public but he couldn't understand the reason why they should hide it with his colleagues and his family. He wanted them to meet her even once as he also wanted to meet Hye Jung's family. It was true that their decision was mutual but Hyun Joong felt they should take another step further into their relationship.

"How many times have we discussed this" Hye Jung asked exasperated. “I am trying my best here but I am still not ready. If you could only see that" She was desperately trying to explain but Hyun Joong was far from listening to her explanation.

"We’ve waited long enough. I am at the height of my career but I am not thinking of that. Don't you get what I’m trying to do for this relationship?"

"Exactly". Hye Joung retorted. "You are at your peek and this luck you are having right now won't be by your side forever.  Make the most of it today..." Then Hye Jung dropped her gaze..."I am doing pretty well on my own right now. This won't be the same for me in the next 5-10 years...Please... Please, all I am asking is for you to wait for me."

"I love you" Hyun Joong said with his eyes pleading. He walked closer to Hye Jung and hugged her tightly.

She broke from Hyun Joong's embrace and cupped her hands around his face. "I love you too." Let's just wait a little longer until the right time comes"..

After many months, Hye Joong and Hyun Joong continued with their secret relationship. He wasn't ecstatic about it but he wasn't ready to lose Hye Joong. He thought he'd hang on and be the loyal and understanding boyfriend.

 

He was in his agency's office for a meeting when his manager approached him and handed him a piece of paper.

“These are our activities for the rest of the year" he said.

He carefully studied it and saw that he'll be doing another mini album and become the spokesperson/model for The face Shop, which meant he'll be roaming around Asia promoting it. He was booked til the end of the year. 

 "HYung, we're visiting the Philippines too?" he asked as he saw the word tentative was written beside it.

"It hasn't been finalized yet, but it's around 90%. The negotiations have been done. We're only waiting for our copy and your signature for it to be finalized. So, yeah, looks positive to me"

Hyun Joong felt ashamed as he remembered how he never kept in touch with Maia that he never tried to contact her.

 "It’s not like we're gonna meet again. I'm sure she's happy with her life without me.  He reassured himself

 

It was already August and Ely was fast growing. She was 19months old and she learned quite a lot with her aunt Faith taking care of her while Maia went to work.

  Maia hired a nanny to look after Ely but Faith, still childless, came to her house and spent her time playing and teaching Ely.  Sometimes Maia would get jealous of her friend when there were times her Ely comes crying towards Faith instead of her.  Faith would notice it sometimes and waited for her friend to comfort her child.  Maia was grateful for this and has thanked Faith countless of times.

Ely was growing up to be very charming and intelligent. Oftentimes when Maia and her daughter would go out, a lot of people would notice her and praise her for her beauty. Ely, on the other hand, wasn't afraid of people at all. She would smile at them and wave her hand, making strangers all the more fond of her. Martin once commented that Maia should not leave her child alone or else she'll be kidnapped with the child's unusual friendliness. Of course Maia would never do this since Ely was the most precious to her. She'd do anything for this child, and she loves her more than her own life. "Wouldn’t any mother feel like this" she asked her friends.

 

"Maia!!! Are you home? Come quick!!!" Martin screamed as he came charging on Maia's front door.

"What's the matter? Did something happen to you" Maia asked startled but curious.

"Hyun Joong! Hyun Joong!!!"

"What about him?"

"He's coming to the Philippines this August 25th. My coworkers were talking about it this morning and said he'll be doing a high five event in Trinoma! It's our chance girl. Let's go!"

The news Martin was telling was so sudden that Maia felt a knot inside her stomach and alot of mixed emotions.  Her heart was racing from the news. She wanted to meet Hyun Joong as this star she never knew but was adamant because in the first place, He was a star. She didn't know if he would remember or even recognize her. She didn't even know if she'll be able to face him OR tell him he has a daughter.

"Are you free that day?"

"I'm not sure but I do want to see him." Maia said hesitantly.

 "What?! See him? We'll talk to him. After all he's done to you, he better talk to you. He owes you a lot. Don't you think it's time he knows about Ely?"

"It's not that easy Mart  He'll be doing a public event and no matter how I wanted to see him or talk to him, it won't be easy, and you know that. Leave him be. I don't want to cause any scandal or be a block in his path."

"You're not doing it for yourself Maia, but for Ely. She's growing up fast and sooner or later, she'll look for her father. This is the only opportunity for us. We are not sure if anything like this would ever happen again. At least let's give it a try" Martin begged.

"I don't know." Maia said uneasy

"You know what’s wrong with you? You’ve already given up before even starting. It’s not a crime to try telling Hyun Joong about your daughter. If you're not doing it, I’ll do it because I love you and Ely, and I want you 2 to be happy." Martin reasoned stubbornly.

"I'm Ely's mom and I know what's best for her."

"Do you? You aren't acting like you do with your decision"

"Don't you think it's best if we continue to live our own lives" Maia argued.

"Do you want your daughter to grow up not knowing his father, or Hyun Joong living as he is without knowing he has a daughter. Both of them have the right to know. I'm going tomorrow. I'm sorry Maia, but if you're not going to do anything, at least let me, and if he ignores me at least we tried" Martin said his eyes begging.

Maia didn't say anything and just stared at her friend. She thought Martin was meddling but a part of her wanted Hyun Joong to know about Ely. She was just too much of a coward to face him again.

 

Hyun Joong couldn't believe that a lot of fans gathered to meet him. In a country where Kpop was not that popular, he felt fortunate, that fans took their time to attend the high five event.

It was almost time for the event when Hyun Joong peeked from backstage and scanned the crowd. He wasn't looking for somebody in particular but something deep inside of him wished he saw Maia among the crowd gathered there.

The emcee for the event started with his introduction and Hyun Joong got ready to make his entrance as fans were so loud he couldn't clearly hear what the emcee was saying. Finally, his name was called and he heard uproar from the audience as he made his entrance onto the stage. He took the mic and said a few words before beginning the hi-five.

He saw a long line of fans eagerly waiting for their turn when he noticed something.

 

Martin prepared for the event and made some homemade cookies and letter to give Hyun JOong which contained his number and address. He was anxious if he would still recognize him despite the fact that it's been almost 2 years since they first met. He carried with her Ely who was irritated by the noise around her.

"Shhh, Ely, we're almost there okay?" He cooed as he was juggling between trying hard to stop Ely from crying and keep his gift from dropping.

Hyun Joong thought the man carrying a child looked familiar but couldn't remember where he saw him. When it was the man's turn, he couldn't believe his eyes as he remembered who the guy was, Martin.

"but why did he bring a child” The last time I checked he was gay...hmmmm" he thought to himself.

Martin approached Hyun Joong and his body guard received his gift but refused to give the letter he intended to give Hyun Joong.

"He's as handsome as ever, Martin thought as he held his hands up for the high five. Hyun Joong's eyes grew big and blurted, Martin!

"You remember me!" Martin exclaimed excited as he tried handing his letter to him. Hyun Joong's body guards shoved his hand but Hyun Joong signaled the body guards that it was OK. Martin was then able to hand him the letter. Hyun Joong then noticed how cute the baby was and smiled at Ely while holding her hand

 "Hi little girl" Hyun Joong said sweetly to Ely.

"Hi!" Ely exclaimed in return and waved at Hyun Joong.

The body guards were them signaling Martin to go since there was still a long line to go. Martin Waved at Hyun Joong goodbye relieved that he did what he came to do.

 

After the event, Hyun Joong was exhausted and went straight to his hotel room to rest for the night. It was already 3am and he'd better rest when he remembered the letter Martin handed to him. He searched his clothes for it. Opened and began reading the letter.

Dear Hyun Joong,

It's only recently that we've discovered that you were someone famous. We really are ashamed that we didn't know you back then. But i'm really thankful that you remembered who I am. (Well I am hoping that you do, since I did this letter ahead of time) I won't keep this long since I know you have tons of things to do.  But there's something we need to discuss. If you have any spare time please call me at this number ...........xxxxxxxx.................. Thank you and wishing you all the best. your fan, Martin.

 

 

"What could he possibly want to tell me?" hyun Joong thought. He intended to ignore the request but he was curious.

"Hyung, do I have some spare time before we leave Manila?"

"Why?"

"I made some friends during my last visit here and wanted to pay them a visit."

"You know you can't do that. What if something bad happens to you? We can't take that chance. It's better to have them visit you here at the hotel”

His manager was right of course. Though Hyun Joong wanted to go meet up with Martin, it was more sensible to have him visit at the hotel. He picked up the hotel's phone and dialed Martin’s number

"Hello?"Martin said as he woke up from his phone’s ringing.

"Martin. It's me Hyun Joong. Sorry to call you this early."

"Oh hi. I wasn't expecting your call this early. How have you been?"

"Uhm fine. Tired but fine. You said you have something important to tell me, but I can't leave the hotel because of security reasons. If it's okay with you, you can come at the hotel. I'll meet you here."

"Uhm, Do you have any free time? I'll come when it's convenient for you"

"I’m sure I can squeeze in some time for you tomorrow morning" Hyun Joong assured him. I'll inform the front desk about your visit so you won't have a hard time".

"ok then, wait for me. Thanks"

"Ok. I’m hanging up. See you tomorrow" Hyun said as he hang up the phone.