5

One Way Ticket To Forever

 

The next morning, Maia and Martin went to the tourist shops nearby and bought some souvenirs. They had a fun time shopping and dining and were able to taste the local delicacies the town had to offer.

Of course during that time Martin pestered Maia with details about last night's moment with Hyun Joong. He was also blabbing nonstop about his time with the four guys; about How Jung Min and Hyung Jun were always bickering and how Kyu Jong hard a hard time being the arbiter between the two. He also noticed that no matter how interesting the conversation was, and how everyone had something to say, Young Saeng just smiled and kept quiet almost the whole time.

Maia on the other hand, told as little about her time with Hyun Joong as possible, which made Martin all the more curious. She just wasn't the type of person. But based on her past experiences, no matter how little she told, her friends would always know somehow. This time though, she just didn't want anyone to know that she liked Hyun Joong and would love to have a chance to spend another time with him.

"It's too early to tell anyone. How can I even tell him about Hyun Joong when I myself told him not to start falling for someone we know we can’t be with.” she thought to herself.

 

After they got back, Martin started preparing for his flight back to Manila. He asked if Maia was really going to stay behind and she told him she'd probably stay one more night at the resort. Martin that she just wanted another time with Hyun Joong that was why she was staying behind but he knew that the boys are also leaving today because Kyu Jong mentioned it last night. They were travelling to Palawan and are going to stay there for another three days. He just didn't know if Hyun Joong told her that.

"Maia, you sure you're going to stay? Kyu mentioned last night that they are also leaving the resort today. You won't have any companion. Why don't we just travel back together, hon?"

"Oh, Hyun Joong never mentioned that. I't's alright though, I would have some Me time before going back."

"You'd still have plenty of ME time back home. If you're worried about Faith fishing for details, I' promise I won't tell her that you're back. I just don't want you being alone here. I would really feel guilty if something bad happened to you. So, please come back with me."

"Okay, but you promise, ok?"

"Yup. Now go and pack your bags!"

 

Hyun Joong was done packing his things and was all set to go. He wasn't in the mood because last night he was scolded pretty badly by his manager for turning off his cell phone.  He was banned; all of them were banned from using it until the manager decides otherwise. "I couldn't even say goodbye" he told himself.

 

The next 3 days passed by quickly and soon enough the boys were flying back to Manila. They were to stay there for 2 more days until their flight back to Seoul. Hyun Joong had his spirits high again as he knew Maia was staying in Manila. He just couldn't convince their manager to use their cell phone. Not even use it but just to look for Maia's number. He wanted desperately to see her again. He never thought he'd miss someone so badly. "I hate this feeling. Among so many girls, why do I  miss her?"

"Penny for your thoughts", Young Saeng interrupted Hyun Joong's reverie.

"O hey, man"

"You're lost in your thoughts. You can share them to me".

"It's nothing, I was just thinking that our vacation's almost over. In 2 days we'll be back working our asses out."

"Yeah, it' really tiring but it's worth every sweat man. I love my job"

"Don't get me wrong, I also love my job, I just thought will we be able to have a regular life. Become happily married with kids. With our jobs, it's impossible to keep a relationship without being put under a microscope.

“Just because we are constantly under people's scrutiny doesn't mean we can't have a regular life. We aren't robots. We can fall in love, get married and have a family just like anybody, it just requires for us to be stronger to keep our family together because of the nature of our jobs. It may not happen very soon, but it will happen somehow. All in god's perfect time"

"Young Saeng, I never pegged you to be quite a philosopher" Hyun Joong joked "You've become so serious all of a sudden"

"You started it"

"Man I will tell you this, after our military service, I’ll get married. Maybe that time, I would be done playing around.

"Too early to tell, hyung. I'd also like to meet someone by that time but if it's not meant to be, I’d love to spend more of my years as a bachelor" Young Saeng said wistfully.

"Before I forget, are we still banned from using the cell phone" Hyun Joong asked. "Our vacation's almost over, and man, our managers are totally ruining this moment for me.

"Why don't you talk to manager hyung, maybe he'll let you have a peek. Are you waiting for a text or call from Maia?"

"Yes... I mean, NO! I mean...sort of...” Hyun Joong stuttered

Young Saeng smirked and eyed Hyun Joong. "You like her that much, eh"

"Nah, I just haven't had the chance to say goodbye. Imagine, what she might have thought back then. I told her I had a fun time but left just like that. A text would be enough..I guess" We had a connection, Maia and I. it's such a shame I could not get to know her better...”

Young Saeng sees one of their managers coming out of the bathroom.  "Hyung, there's the person you're looking for", pointing with his lips at the manager who just finished taking a bath

Hyun Joong glanced at the direction of Young Saeng's lips and ran towards the manager. "It’s now or never" he thought.