11

One Way Ticket To Forever

Hyun Joong's confession to Hye Jung was the most difficult one he had to make, but did. Though, Hye Jung didn't seem as upset, he felt that he had lost her a long time ago. It was quite obvious that she didn't want to be part of his life with such predicament. 

 "I have to let her go", he decided.

Though, the two didn't break up, they now seldom see each other, more so, call each other. It was like they were drifting apart. He felt he should've done something more to prevent something like this from happening but thought that it was best for both of them.

It was the last few weeks before the year ends and Hyun Joong's schedule was jam packed with numerous TV guestings, so he immersed himself into practicing his performances than wallowing himself into depression.

 All the while, Unknown to Hyun Joong, Hye Jung and Maia met.

 

"I'm really glad you were able to meet me in such short notice" Maia said as she smiled at Hye jung, who looked beautiful in her y black dress.

"It's nice meeting you too" Hye Jung greeted cordially. Maia then explained how Hyun Joong ended up in her apartment and how Maia and her daughter ended up in Seoul. Hye Jung's concerns were all addressed and Maia wished Hye Jung would give Hyun Joong another chance.

"I am truly sorry if I have caused you and Hyun Joong any trouble. I just wanted my daughter to create memories with his father", Maia told Hye Jung sincerely. I wish though, that you give Hyun Joong another chance at your relationship. He is a good man, and he'll be a great father to your children" she continued. "Our visas expire in a week, so we'll be travelling back to the Philippines. This will probably be the last time you'll see me, but I can't assure the same for my daughter." She told Hye Jung that because Hyun Joong never said anything about extending their stay.

"Thank you for explaining" Hye Joong said. "I don't think though, that Hyun Joong and I will be getting back together anytime soon. I think I have to give him some time to think about everything, about your daughter's future. “I also think that I need some time to absorb everything that has happened between us. This kind of thing has never happened to me before and I don't know how I’ll handle it. Thank you though, for coming out of your way to explain this to me" Hye Jung also said sincerely.

The ladies' conversation went well as far as both were concerned. Maia thought that she'd done her best for Hyun Joong. She just wished that Hye Jung would somehow change her mind about her decision.

 Hye Jung on the other hand, thought Hyun Joong was happier with his daughter. He never contacted her again after their talk and thought that indeed he had made his decision. She didn't want to spoil that decision for him. It was also time for her to move on.

 

On Christmas day, Hyun Joong wasn't able to visit Ely but sent her gifts instead and called her daughter to hear her voice. Maia wanted to talk to him but he had to cut the call short for he was in the midst of practice. She only had the chance to greet him Merry Christmas. 

Maia tried calling Hyun Joong the following days but didn't get the chance to talk to him. On the 28th, Maia and Ely flew back to the Philippines.

 

Hyun Joong was exhausted with having to perform several songs and dances for several shows for several days, and had the 31st, the last day of the year, as his first day off in weeks. He looked forward to it because it was the day he would tell his parents about Ely.  Though, still exhausted, he drove his Cayenne to Maia's apartment only to find it empty.

 "Where did they go without me" He thought. "Did they go out to buy some food for this evening? Ah well, might as well wait for them and order additional food" as he picked up his phone and dialed a restaurant's number. It has been around 2 hours when he started getting worried and tried calling Maia's phone. He tried several times but Maia's number couldn't be reached.

Hyun Joong beginning to worry got his car keys and drove around Seoul to look for them. He drove around the places where Maia and Ely could possibly go. He didn't care about his disguise. Many fans recognized him but they didn't do anything that harmed Hyun Joong. It seemed that they were contented just being able to see him. They took pictures and videos but nothing more. Exhausted, hungry, and sleepy, he finally gave up looking for them and drove back to the apartment. He poured himself a glass of whiskey and said smugly to himself, "Happy New Year".

 Then he remembered something important. He quickly got up and went straight to the apartment manager's quarters.

"Argh! How could I forget to ask you? Pabo!" he muttered.

"Oh, are you talking about the Filipino?" the manager asked to which Hyun Joong nodded.

"They surrendered the key a few days ago. I recon, they're moving to another house." he continued.

"How could they move to another house without telling me? Hyun Joong was thinking.... then it suddenly hit him... December 28 was the day of their flight back to the Philippines. He was only able to get them 3 months visa and he couldn't believe it slipped his mind. 

"ARRRGGHHH!!!" he grunted in frustration. During that time, he desperately wanted to fly to them and scold Maia for not telling him.  He called his travel agent and asked to be booked the earliest possible time. The earliest was 3rd January. It was far too late for him but he agreed to it instead.

He didn't have Maia's number but he knew Martin's so he dialed his phone for Martin.

 "Hello?"

"Hello. Oh, can I speak to Martin please?

"May I know who's calling?"

 "It's Hyun Joong." There was a long pause on the other line and finally Martin spoke

“Is there any problem? Are you in the country?" Martin wondered but then asked himself, "if he's in the country, then why is he the one calling me. Shouldn't it be Maia calling him? What's going on here...?"

"Martin, can you take me to Maia's place? I know she travelled back there on the 28th but she never informed me."

"Really?" Martin asked. He was staying at Maia's place for the past 3 months now but Maia never showed up in her house last December 28.

 "She isn't here" he told Hyun Joong and thought where they could've been. "I'll call you once I get any information. Hyun Joong"

"Okay, thanks" Hyun Joong replied "but I need some information before Jan 5. I have to travel back by then" he continued.

"Will do." as Martin hung up the phone; he wondered where the mother and daughter went, he thought and decided to call Faith. As usual, Faith was informed and told Martin that they were in a specific address in Baguio. After learning his whereabouts, Martin called Hyun Joong.

Baguio is a lot like Korea, Hyun Joong thought as the weather was cool and a lot of Koreans seem to agree with him as he saw them everywhere.

 

"Why are you always running away from me?!" Hyun Joong asked Maia, his voice still full of worry.  "You decided to travel back here without even telling me. Don't you know I felt so worried? I didn't know what to think the moment I came to the apartment without the 2 of you there!" Hyun Joong talked so fast and loud that Maia only understood one or two of his questions.

Before she could answer, Hyun Joong moved forward, grabbed her shoulders and had her in a bear hug. "Don't you do that to me again" he said his voice soft.

"I tried calling you several times but your phone was turned off. I guess you were really busy with your tv guestings so we went home without informing you."

"Still, you should've left a text saying where you were" Hyun Joong countered. "Don't ever leave me feeling like this" he whispered as he continued to hug her. "I felt like I was going to die"

"It's more like I'm going to die before you." Maia answered back. "With the way you're hugging me, I can barely breathe" as Maia faked a cough.

"Oh sorry" he said as he loosened his hug and laughed softly. This time he felt relieved that he was there with Maia and Ely. As soon as Ely saw Hyun Joong, she started running towards him and kept yelling, "Appa!, Appa!"

Hyun Joong, happy to see his daughter stretched out his hands and scooped her up.

 "Hey babe. Did you miss me?" Ely nodded her head and puckered her lips to kiss her father. Hyun Joong Happily kissed her on the lips.

 "You want to see your gifts?  I bought alot of presents for my princess" as they walked over to his luggage and started bringing out his presents for Ely. Ely squealed with delight.

"I love you Appa! Thank you!"

" I love you too Princess". Hyun Joong responded.

Maia was there watching everything. Up til now, she still couldn't believe how great a father Hyun Joong was.

"You want to ride an airplane? I'm riding in a few days and I want you to come with me. Will you?" Hyun Joong asked his daughter. Ely, who was immersed with her toys nodded her head and said,

 “Only if mommy comes too"

"Of course princess" he said lovingly at his daughter as he looked over at Maia.