epilogue

One Way Ticket To Forever

E P I L O G U E

           

 10:30 am KST, 31st DEC

Kim Hyun Joong Press Conference

Good morning to everyone. As you all know we are gathered here today as I promised to answer all your questions/queries that might have arose regarding last night’s event.

There are subtle changes that I made though. So please bear with me as I won’t be taking any questions from the press today. Rest assured, that what I am going to say next will answer all your questions, doubts and wishes.

The lady you all saw with me last night is my fiancée. Yes you heard that right, my fiancée. No, she is not Korean, as I know that some of you might be wondering if she was.   She is a full-blooded Filipino. She’s 3 years older than me, and works as a nurse at a local hospital in Busan. She’s third dan in taekwondo, so don’t even try sending her hate messages or she’ll unleash her spin kick. Yes, she’s also qualified to be my body guard. hahaha.

 I met her way back in 2009, when SS501 went to a private vacation in the Philippines. We had an on-off relationship through the years. So don’t wonder if we do not celebrate any anniversaries because I myself am really confused about the exact time we got together.

Joking aside, what happened with us was a little bit out of the ordinary because we had a child first. Remember the time I confessed that I had a child? She’s the mom.

I did not ask her to marry me because I fathered her child but I genuinely fell in love with her. Actually, I asked her to marry before.  Right after I admitted to have a child but things turned for the worst as my daughter died. I broke off our engagement.  I will not go into details about it. So I ask for your respect to please not go in that direction with your articles. For months, I tried to forget about her but failing miserably.

So when I accidentally saw her again, I told myself, I was going to win her back. And win I did.

Last night, Maia had no idea we were attending the awards night. She always thought we were attending another celebration and was concerned that we were over-dressed. Maia, I am really sorry for not telling you. But I looked at your pictures; they all seemed to turn out well. Yes, I know my lady is indeed very beautiful.

My agency, especially the president, my managers, my parents, did not have any knowledge as to what I did last night. So it must have surprised them a lot... But I am coming out to tell everyone that I am in love and I am getting married. I do not want to hide in the dark anymore. I want to come clean to each and every one of you.

 I ask for your utmost understanding especially to the fans, who showed me unending love through the years. I also hope that you show your support and love to Maia as we start to build a family.

 

It is also today that I ask Jung Yoo Mi for her forgiveness. If you are watching this, I am truly sorry for what I have done. There are no suitable explanations for my actions but I genuinely am saying sorry to you. I hope you forgive me for the pains that I have caused you.

To all other people, I have failed to mention; you know who you are. I am sorry and thank you.

Good morning to everyone.

Press conference ends.