Eight.

I Will Break Apart the Paradigm.

I woke up and nearly fell right when I stood up. "Ouch." I said as my knee was killing me. I definitely landed on it wrong. I limped my way around to get ready for school. I wrapped my knee as much as I could so it didn't hurt too bad. Nickhun was kind enough to drop me off at school, I limped my way to class with quite a few eyes on me. Must have been because of what I did yesterday. "Not better?" Jieun asked. "It still hurts but i'll get through it." I assured her. "Are you sure, you're going to be able to play in your volleball game today?" She asked. Aw , I hadn't thought about that. Damn... I see Daehyun come in. "Thank you for yesterday." I said to him. "I didn't do it for you, I did it because it was getting out of hand." He said. I guess, sure. Class went by and then lunch came around. I tried to stand up but damnit my knee gave out on me. "You coming?" Jieun asked. "Nah, you go ahead." I said limping to grab the food I had packed. "...No I'll stay." She said coming back and sitting next to me, ah such a good friend. We ate in peace until, "Hey." Himchan said coming in. "Why aren't you two at lunch?" He said taking a seat by us. "Oh, btw, sorry for yesterday, for what I said." He said. "It's fine." I smiled. 

I limped to the bathroom to check on my knee because it was throbbing. It looks fine, I looked at it, it was a little red, there was a bruise and there was a small amount of blood but other than that it didn't look broken or anything. I bandaged it again and limped back to class. "That was a lot of work." I said glad to be sitting down. "How's it look?" Jieun asked. "Like a normal bruise, it's not broken or anything though...I think." I said. "What's wrong?" Himchan asked. "Ahh...my knee is a little...not at it's best." I said as Daehyun came into the room. Class started and then ended. Damn it...time for me to stand up, I could already feel the pain. I got up and limped my way to the locker room. "Why are you limping?" Daehyun said grabbing onto my arm. "Why do you think?" I asked looking at him. "My leg fell asleep of course." I said continuing to limp to the lockers. I got changed, bandaged my knee like crazy and put on my volleyball knee pads. "That should do it." I said not wanting to skip out on our game since I was a star player and we were going against our top volleyball rival. I stood up, walked around and it felt more supported. I stretched with the team, practiced a little and then sat down to save my energy.

I spot my brothers and them so I waved to all of them, not like anyone would know because I could be waving to anyone in the crowd. I spot Jieun who was sitting with the B.A.P guys and Glam so I make my way to her. "Good luck Nara!!" She smiled. "You got this!" Himchan smiled. "What are you all doing here?" I asked since this was the first time I saw them at a volleyball game. "Well you support Daehyun so we thought we'd come by at least once to cheer you on." Yongguk said. I looked over at the Glam girls and they didn't look too excited, it was obvious they were only here to be with the guys. "Well, I'm here to see girls in short shorts." Youngjae said. Everyone laughed. "How's your knee?" Jieun whispered. "I wrapped it good, so I should be fine." I told her. "Well still, play carefully, you don't really want it broken, do you?" She said worried. "I'll be fine." I said sort of limping back.

"I'm worried." Jieun said to Himchan. "Why? Why is she limping?" Daehyun asked her. "Remember when Jiyeon pushed her yesterday? Well she landed wrong on her knee and I think it's pretty bad but she says it's fine." Jieun told Daehyun. "She'll be fine." Himchan said. "I don't know. Volleyball has a lot to do with the knees, especially when you dive in for the ball, which Nara does alot. Plus she spikes so she jumps alot and needs her knees for support." Jieun said worried for her friend. Daehyun looked over at Nara. Something in him switched on.

The first set went by fine, we won by 3. I tried not to put too much pressure on my knees, it was a little hard since I'm constantly jumping to spike, constantly diving to save the ball but it went by fine. There was a 5 minute break and I checked my bandages, they were fine, I stretched a little and then went in for the second set. I played the second set and everything was fine until I dived up for the ball and landed on my knee harder than I should have. Damn, I scored, but my knee was feeling the pain now, there was a moment of gasping as I stayed on the ground. I shook it off and stood up but I noticed blood had seeped through my bandage. The coach called for a time out and brought me in. "You okay? How is the knee?" He asked. "I might have landed just a little too hard on it." I said. "...Haemi, sub in for Nara." He said. "No, let me play, I can play!" I insisted since it was a very close game. He looked at me for a while. "I can do it. Just let me rebandage my knee and it will be fine!" I said with the fire buring in my eyes. "Alright. Get bandaged up then." He said. I slowly limped my way to our seats. It felt like hell but I couldn't let my team down, it was literally neck to neck. I took off my bandage and my knee was redder and the bruise had grown. Ugh, it hurts like hell. My team mates were worried but I assured them I was fine. I quickly bandaged my knee up and slid on my knee pad. I stood up and it still hurt like hell. I stretched as much as I could, which wasn't much but it was enough. "Coach, I'm ready, put me in." I said. "Be careful." He said as I went in. I limped around on court doing my best, I wanted to quit but I couldn't, not when the other team was in the lead. If they score this shot, they win. It went back and forth and it was intense. The ball was going to a spot where no one was, I ran there, fell to the ground and was able to get it up for my team members to spike. They helped me up and asked if I was okay. I lied and said yeah, I checked my bandages and clearly blood had seeped through. Can't give up now. 

It was our ball and we would win if we get this in. I swear it went on for a whole minute, which is long...I see the ball in slow motion being set up for me to spike, I jumped up and smashed it. I heard the whole crowd cheering for a single second until I fell down to my knee as my legs gave out after I landed from my smash jump. I couldn't hear anything anymore, I just felt the pain in my knee. Aww man, I've done it now. I feel someone lift my face up. "Are you okay?!" Daehyun asked. "Did we win?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "Stupid girl. Yeah you did." He said wiping the tears off. I felt a little woozy and was soon lifted up off my feet. Daehyun had me in his arms and was quickly making his way towards the exit when, "I got it." I see Nickhun standing in front of us with his arms reached out. I looked up at Daehyun who had a slighty confused face. "Thank you but I'll take it from here." Nickhun said coming over to take me away from Daehyun, I don't know if it really happened but I swear I felt Daehyun's grip tighten on me before handing me over to Nickhun. "Nara!" I heard a mixture of Victoria's, Jieun's, Jb's, Jr's, Jiyeon's and Jiyoung's voices.

"It seems you've fractured your knee." The doctor said. "How bad is it?" Nickhun asked. "Well, she'll have to lay off her knee for about 4 weeks for it to heal. You'll have to use crutches." The doctor said. "So I'm guessing no sports?" I asked. "Yes, no sports until it's healed. It's not that bad but you should really lay off your knee, I can tell it started off as only being swollen but now you've actually fractured it so it's best to let it completely heal or you'll never be able to play at your best." He said. Aww man!!!! I walked out of the clinic using crutches. "Do I really have to use these?!" I complained. "Well if you had laid off your knee, you wouldn't be having this problem." Jb said. I shot him a look that shut him up. "But really Nara, no sports until it's healed. You don't want to push it and then really not be able to do anything anymore." Nickhun said. "This !" I shouted, what am I supposed to do now if I can't even do the things I love?!