One Year

Thought Of As Small

 

 

"5, 6, 7, 8!!" CL yelled and everyone started playing their instruments on command.

 

We played the song all of us worked on, "Go Away". Me and CL wrote the lyrics, Minzy and Bom came up with the music.

 

"Go away- ay- ay- ay- ay, go away -ay -ay -ay -ay," I sang in a hateful tone, as if I despised someone very much.

 

Surprisingly, Hara crossed my mind while singing it. I noticed Bom played a note wrong.

 

"Stop, stop, stop!!" I raised my hands and walked over to Bom.

 

"How many times have I told you to play G at the bridge?" my eyebrows creased.

 

She looked at the music sheet and pointed at something. "But that's a C," she replied with a confused facial expression.

 

*Kill me now.*

 

"THAT'S A G. DO YOU NOT SEE THE LINE AT THE END?" I asked irritated by her stupidity.

 

She looked at the paper more closely. "OOOOOH I see now, hehe. Okay!" she gave me an Ok sign and I gave her a smile a parent would give to their child after teaching them a homework problem for the 10th time.

 

I nodded at CL and she smashed her drumsticks together once again. "5, 6, 7, 8!!"

 

 

 

 

"Aish, my shoulders hurt," Minzy complained like an old ajhumma after the rehearsal was over.

 

As expected, everyone scolded her and told the poor maknae to it up. I smiled at her cuteness as she pouted and packed her bass guitar in its case.

 

"Good job today guys, see ya tomorrow!!" I waved to everyone.

 

"Tell your brother I said Hi!!" Minzy yelled out before I left. She had a huge crush on my brother for some reason.

 

Well, I would get why someone would like him. Rich, handsome, strong, kind-hearted. To be honest, he was kind of.. perfect.

 

My parents would always compare him to me when we were younger.

 

"Why can't you eat properly like your brother?"

 

"Why can't you stand still like your brother?"

 

"Do this like your brother....."

 

The words flashed in my mind like pictures as I remembered my parents scolding me for being too playful and wild while my brother was neat and sophisticated.

 

I was so lost in my train of thought that I bumped into a pole and hit my forehead.

 

"Ah, dammnit," I cursed and rubbed the top of my head, but then I looked at the pole and a purple flyer caught my attention.

 

YG Auditions, Sept. 9th

We're looking for singers, dancers, bands, and other talents!

Come audition soon!

 

*Is this what I think it is?!* I thought and answered myself, *YES!! This is our big chance!" I ripped the flyer off the pole and skipped home with a bright smile on my face.

 

 

 

 

"I'm home!!!" I yelled out and sighed.

 

*Home, sweet, home.* I sarcastically thought as I walked into the modern house filled with geometrical furniture, priceless sculptures, and tall glass vases.

 

"Hey, how was rehearsal today?" Thunder asked calmly from the kitchen. I smelled pasta, my favorite.

 

"It was good. Minzy said hey. OMG ARE YOU MAKING PASTA?!?!" I replied and sprinted towards the kitchen as soon as I picked up the scent.

 

"Hahaha, yeah, I'm almost done," my brother patted my head like a little kid.

 

"Yah... I'm not a child anymore, you don't have to treat me like that," I pouted, which only made me seem more like a kid.

 

My older brother just chuckled. "Ah! I almost forgot, Nana got you a present from Tokyo!" he said excitedly.

 

As soon as I heard the name Nana, I wanted to barf out blood.

 

"I don't want it," I folded my arms before he cold even get the present. He ignored me and continued to the sofa, grabbing a medium-sized white bag with small black words on it which I could not make out.

 

"C'mon, she bought it just for you. It was pretty pricey too," he held out the bag in front of me.

 

"I don't care. Money, money, money, that's all she's about," I rolled my eyes.

 

He just held the bag even closer to me. Finally I gave in, grabbed the bag, sat on the couch, and unraveled it.

 

Inside was a light pink chiffon button-up dress with long sleeves, and lacey rims.

 

*The ?*

 

I threw the girly fabric back in the bag and hopped off the couch, making my way to my room.

 

"That was such a beautiful dress! Dara, don't be so stubborn!!!" My brother yelled out to me, halfway up the stairs.

 

"Your girlfriend doesn't know me. She should stop trying to buy my trust with like that. She doesn't know me, I don't know her. Let's keep it that way." I said and continued up the stairs.

 

"But she cares about you enough to do things like that for you. Just give her a chance, maybe if you let her get to know you better-" I cut him off when I slammed my bedroom door shut.

 

I hate Nana and I always will. She's just sooo rich that she can buy her way into anything huh? Including my brother's love. Well, she can't buy my trust. I liked it better when Thunder was with Bom. They were so in love and.. I don't know how to put it. They were just so beautiful together.

 

I know, hard to believe right? One of my best friends dating my brother. Well, it's true. They were the ideal couple. The couple who everyone envied.

 

Plus, Bom's family owns an electronic company just like mine so we did business together quiet often.

 

Then.. the accident happened. My parents... they both died in a car crash on the way back to work... on my brother's birthday.

 

They rode in a limo back to our mansion at about 9 p.m.

 

A drunk driver driving a huge truck ran straight into our car, breaking it in half. The next day, me and my brother came to the crime scene.

 

The police found a small wrapped box. It was my brothers birthday present. He opened it and inside was not one, but 2 gold necklaces.

 

One necklace, had Thunder's name in it. The second had mine. We looked deeper in the box and found a letter.

 

This way, our family is always connected. No matter what, we will always love you two. Happy birthday, to our dearest son.

Love, Mom & Dad.

 

We saw our parents wearing identical necklaces, but their's had their names on it.

 

My brother and I were so broken-hearted. Especially Thunder. He locked himself in his room for days, not allowing anyone in. The maids, butlers, even I was prohibited from taking one step in there.

 

One day, Park Bom heard about the news and asked him if he was okay, trying to comfort him.

 

Thunder broke down and started yelling and screaming in pain and agony. It was very unlike him to be so.. crazed.

 

Bom, however, knew how much my brother was suffering and came over to our house to stay by my brother's side. Though as I've said before, my brother did not allow anyone in his room.

 

So when Park Bom came inside, my brother threw a glass vase at her legs and the glass shattered everywhere causing Bom to get massive and severe cuts.

 

"Get out," my brother said with red-shot eyes from crying all day.

 

Though, she didn't give up. Bom ignored the pain she was in, knowing my brother was in greater sorrow. She walked over and sat next to him on his bed with what little strength she had left and whispered "It'll be okay."

 

She tried to hug him, but before she could, Thunder slapped her hard in the face and yelled, "How do you know it will be okay?!? How do you know!? You don't know anything!! Just get the hell out of my room! I never want to see your face again!!!"

 

Park Bom tried to believe those words weren't true. "I'm here for you, honey.. please, just-"

 

"DID YOU HEAR ME!?! I'M BREAKING UP WITH YOU!! WHAT PART OF GET THE HELL OUT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!!" He yelled with rage in his eyes as Park Bom shed a tear. I tear full of pain, hurt, and dissapointment combined.

 

With that, she left our house. Soon, Bom had to have leg surgery because her cuts were so deep. She begged her parents not to sue us, so we were lucky.

 

Now, my brother runs our family company, forced to act more mature.

 

It was a long complicated story which I didn't even know until Bom told me about it. It's nice to have her as a best friend, telling me all her troubles and whatnot.

 

I lay in my bed thinking about my past days. With Thunder and Bom together, with my parents still alive, ....when I was a nerd in school.

 

So much has happened over the past year, I didn't think I could handle it.. but here I am now, as strong as ever.

 


 

This was pretty much a chapter to fill you guys in a little bit about Dara's past. Hope you like it!!