Unbelievable

Thought Of As Small

 

 

 

 

 

Around the room were 10 flat screen TVs which monitored the auditions so the students would know what to expect and prepare before their turns.

 

*I know all we have to prepare is ourselves and our music. No kiss-up crap.*

 

We were number 45.

 

"Aish, I'm so nervous," Minzy said rubbing her hands together.

 

"Don't worry kid, just do your best," CL patted her head. We all looked up at a TV. A boy with baggy pants and a snap-back cap was dancing. He was b-boying.

 

He exploded with flips, kicks, twirls, and all sorts of amazing moves. "Wow.." Bom said in astonishment.

 

*I hope that's how people will react when we audition.* I smiled to myself. Then, it was time for the judges to judge.

 

"That was absolutely amazing, number 32. We will definetly put you on the list of consideration." a judge with round Harry Potter glasses said and smiled, revealing wrinkle lines and crooked teeth.

 

The next judge was a tall, middle-aged, beautiful woman wearing a red business suite, and had long curled brown locks. "I think that was outstanding choreography. Though, you need to work on your balance just a bit."

 

Another judge with glasses and and a comb-over spoke. "I agree, you should work on your balance and strategy, but other than that, marvelous. Brilliant," he said.

 

I could tell number 32 was going to get in for sure.

 

"Jonghyun, what do you think?" the female judge asked the last judge, who seemed the youngest. Suddenly, everyone in the waiting room looked curious.

 

*Who's this guy? Is he that important?* I had no idea who this guy was.

 

Jonghyun sat up straight and folded his hands on the table. "Do you really want my honest oppinion or praise?" He asked the contestant before he spoke.

 

"Honest oppinion, please.." he nervously said, still sweating from his dance routine.

 

"Truthfully, I think the dance was well choreographed, but the dancer was extremely sloppy. You were off-beat and did not keep your rhythm. I know plenty of people who can do the same dances you do with ease. You should go to dancing school and practice more before you come to any other audition because if I think that it was sloppy, surely your audience will think the same."

 

The room broke into ooh's and aww's. *What the heck?! What a jerk!!*

 

"Awwww," Minzy said with her hand on her chin, thinking about what Jonghyun had just said.

 

"It's kind of true," CL agreed, also deep in thought.

 

"Even if that wasn't the best dance, he should've put it in a nicer way.. Even I could've let him down lighter. Tch," I crossed my arms and stared up at the TV.

 

"Thank you for your advice, I will do better next time," Number 32 said and left the audition room.

 

"Next!!" Jonghyun yelled. *He just crushed a guys dream like that and he doesn't even care?!?*

 

I really don't know who this guy is, but I don't give a damn. Haven't his parents ever taught him some manners?

 

Soon, number 33 walked in, though I wasn't paying attention. I was looking at a girl who sat about 3 seats away from me.

 

She had her hair tied up in a high pony-tail, rectangular glasses, freckles, and she was wearing a polo shirt and plaid skirt.

 

It looked similar to a school uniform. *Why would she wear that to an audition?* I thought as the girl shook and shivered in her seat.

 

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her. She looked frightened, I glanced at her audition number and she was 34.

 

She looked at me, still shaking, but kept silent. I think she was scared of me. I should talk to her softer.

 

"Oh, you're 34 right? I see, you're nervous, huh?" I smiled kindly and scooted a seat closer to her.

 

She nodded and held onto a sock puppet monkey.

 

"You don't need to be scared. Just do your best and it'll go smoothly," I tried to assure her.

 

"B-But what if I'm not g-good enough? W-What if Jonghyun doesn't like my singing?" she was shivering and stuttering with her knees touching her chest.

 

I thought about what she said. She was right, "Yeah.. he's a pretty judgmental guy, I can tell. Just be yourself. I'm sure you'll be fine if you just have pride in yourself and have fun," I said patting her back.

 

"T-Thank you.. you're very kind.." she started, "At first, I-I was scared of you and your band, but you're a very nice person. Thank you for giving me hope," she smiled with teeth locked with braces.

 

"Next! Number 34!" One of the staff yelled out. That was her number.

 

"Fighting!" I gave her a fist full of encouragement. She smiled at me and walked through the doors.

 

As soon as she disappeared from my sight, I looked up at the monitor. I saw her slowly walk in the room, shyly, still clutching onto her sock puppet monkey.

 

"A-Annyohaeseyo.. I am Jung Minhyo.." she said looking down onto the floor, instead of at the judges.

 

"Okay. So are you going to do something or just stand there? We don't have all day, there are other students waiting outside," The , Jonghyun said.

 

"S-Sorry.." Minhyo said and started singing. To my surprise, to EVERYONE's surprise, a melodious soft voice escaped her lips. I could tell she was still a little nervous because her voice was slightly shaky. Even so, her tone was extremely beautiful.

 

I'm more of a rock person, but her soothing ballad was so calm and relaxing. I really liked it.

 

*Hah. What do you have to say about that Mr. Jonghyun?*

 

Another minute passed as she finished up her song and smiled with courage and pride. All the judges seemed moved. One even had their eyes closed the whole entire time, enjoying Minhyo's voice.

 

"That was a very nice job, Ms. Jung. For a small, frail figure you sure can move someone," the first judge commented.

 

The female judge smiled, "What a beautiful voice you have there, dear. Now, we should put it to good use instead of wasting it. I'm surprised, it says you've never auditioned before on your application. It's assuring you came to us first," she said.

 

The judge who closed his eyes the whole time spoke right after the woman, and of course, everyone was expecting a positive judgment,"If you're this good live, I just know you'll be outstanding as a big star. I have faith in you, number 34. You'll be known throughout Korea for your talent," he praised.

 

Finally, it was Jonghyun's turn. Everyone, again, looked up curiously to hear what he would say. I was also one of those people who wanted to know what he would say badly.

 

Minhyo's eyes closed shut as she braced herself for Jonghyun's comment. "I only have one thing to say," he said.

 

"Don't audition if you don't bring talent."

 

Right then and there, I could see the dissapointment and hurt in her eyes. Her heart probably sank as low as the ocean floor when she heard that.

 

"Mr. Jonghyun!" the first judge yelled angrily across the room. All that jerk did was lay back in his seat.

 

*What's wrong with him?* I thought in hatred. I've probably never hated anyone so much in my life, besides Hara. I haven't even met this guy in person and I already wanna beat him to a pulp.

 

"T-Thank you for your time.." I swore I saw her shed a tear as she left the room.

 

She walked back into the waiting room. Everyone looked at her in pity. Then, while she was walking, her gaze came upon me.

 

All I saw was pain and defeat. "I'm sorry," I mouthed the words. She gave me a thankful smile and left the building.

 

"Do you know her?" CL asked as she saw our contact.

 

"Well, not really," I answered honestly. Moments passed by as I still thought about Minhyo. Every time I heard Jonghyun's voice on the monitor, I wanted to go in there and sock him in the face.

 

They were at 43. As soon as Jonghyun finished criticizing another innocent student, they called out 44.

 

I didn't even want to hear it, because I knew whoever it was, Jonghyun would just make them feel bad and make ME want to kill him.

 

"Annyohaeseyo, I'm Hara!!"

 

"And I'm Tiffany!"

 

"I'm Yoona!!!"

 

*What did I just hear.*