One Day

Thought Of As Small

 

 

"2...N..E..1," I slowly made out as I spray painted our band's name on the side of a building in a narrow alley.

 

Me and CL looked at the letters in admiration. "I sure hope we'll be known throughout Korea one day," CL said.

 

"Throughout Korea? I'm aiming for throughout the world. I want to be like the Beetles," I closed my eyes and imagined us in a photoshoot, wearing matching clothes, and crossing a street.

 

*We'll be even bigger than the Beetles!!* I thought before I felt a thump on my head.

 

"Don't get your hopes up too high," CL warned me.

 

"Setting your goals high is a good thing," I said, "Well, now that we're out of spray paint, whadya wanna do?"

 

What did I really do besides go to school and practice with my band?* I questioned myself. Hmm.. nothing else, really..

 

I don't go shopping like most girls, I don't have a job at the age of 17... what else do I have to do?

 

"Wanna go to the park and play basketball with those guys?" CL asked pointing towards the familiar park across the street.

 

"Perfect way to beat some guys up without using my fists," I said as both me and CL tied our hair up into a ponytail.

 

It had stopped snowing a while ago.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, do you guys mind if we play with you?" I politely asked the sweaty, muscular guys who looked about the same age as us.

 

"Haha, I don't think pretty girls like you can handle this," the guy who had the basketball chuckled.

 

I was just about to say something until CL stepped in front of me and announced, "Okay, let's make a bet. Us and 3 little kids against 5 of you. If you win, we'll strip in the exact same spot we lost in," the guys started smiling and checking us out like the dirty erts they are, "but if we win, all of you have to run 20 laps around the park perimeter."

 

The guys thought for a minute, I even heard someone say "We can school these little brats".

 

"Deal." I heard and he shook hands with CL.

 

Me and CL went around the park and found 2 little boys and a girl to play basketball with. They agreed to be on our team, and the game began.

 

"Like old times?" I asked, dribbling the ball.

 

"Like old times," CL smirked. I passed the ball to the little girl, who passed it to a boy, who passed it to CL who made a score for our team.

 

The guys had a shocked expression on their faces. They didn't even touch the ball ever since we got it.

 

We went through a similar routine over and over again. Soon, we were up 16 to 8.

 

"I thought you guys could beat us 'little brats'," I mocked them and made another shot. The rule was first one to 20 wins. We were only one shot away.

 

I passed the ball to a nearby little boy, who passed it to CL, and she passed it to the little girl. She threw the ball up in the air with as much force as she could and it circulated around the hoop before falling into the net.

 

"WE WON!!!" Me and my team shouted in victory together. The guys slumped in defeat.

 

"Good job guys! Here, go buy yourselves some ice cream," I gave the kids a couple bucks and they ran towards the ice cream man in delight.

 

"Aren't you guys gonna go?" CL asked.

 

"Go where?" someone asked. "Go run the 20 laps we bet on," CL replied.

 

The guys smirked and laughed, "Why do we have to?"

 

*What?! Why do you have to!!?! Bunch of scum bag jerks, not keeping your word!!*

 

"We need to teach them a lesson," I started cracking my knuckles, ready to sock the leader of the gang in the face before CL grabbed my arm.

 

"Let it go. We should just leave, we came to play for fun anyways," CL said.

 

"But they went back on their word!! They're men for crying out loud!" I yelled, but I saw the serious look in CL's eyes and just left the park along with her by my side.

 

As soon as we got to a nearby bench on the sidewalk, we sat together and she started lecturing me.

 

"Both you and I have been through this. Fighting does not solve anything. So don't always go looking for trouble like that," she scolded me.

 

She was right. I shouldn't just beat people when things aren't fair.

 

"Okay... I know. I'll try to fight less often.." I joked and she laughed along.

 

If I could pick my bestest friend out of 2ne1 it would be CL. I've known her the longest, been through more with her, and we know eachother the best.

 

We both sat there in silence and I finally stood up and stretched. "C'mon, let's do something. This is boring," I complained.

 

"What else should we do?" she looked up at me.

 

"Maybe we could go shopping like normal girls," I suggested. She put a finger on her chin, thinking about it.

 

"Sure," she agreed and we both set off to the mall just down the sidewalk.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"AHAHA WHAT THE IS THIS?!! HAHAHA!!" Me and CL both made fun of a dress that was light blue with lace, flowers, and sparkles all over it.

 

Soon enough, an employee chased us out of the store. We were both still laughing our butts off at the thing.

 

"Seriously, who would wear that?? Hahaha," CL wiped a tear away from her left eye.

 

"I know right?! Going around is better than wearing that crap," I agreed. We walked around other stores and found more stuff to make fun of, but also things that we liked.

 

We reached Hot Topic and CL bought a pair of black studded leather gloves, a large sleeveless T-Shirt with monster designs on it, and red plugs. I bought myself a spiked leather headband, a few studded bracelets, and combat boots.

 

"Hey, you know, shopping is pretty fun," I smiled.

 

"Especially when you're with your best friend," she grinned back at me. It was pretty rare to see CL smiling like that, ear-to-ear. She would usually stay in the shadows and say very few words.

 

As we were walking I spotted a skinny frail girl with long, slick black hair. She walked right into me, not noticing where she was going because she was too busy applying make up.

 

"Hey, watch where you're going!" she yelled, but then realized it was me, Sandara Park.

 

"Oh, Dara, it's you. What are you doing here at a mall? Don't you shop at swap meat or a pet shop or something?" Hara looked at me like a filthy beast.

 

I would've lost it if I hadn't remembered what CL told me about fighting.

 

"Shouldn't I be asking You that? You know they sell barbie clothes at the toy store," I countered. This really gets in my way often.

 

"Oh, so clever," She rolled her eyes. Her followers who hid behind her looked at me again with that intimidating look.

 

"Yah, what are you looking at? Want me to teach you a lesson about staring at people? It's rude. Bunch of punks," I cracked my knuckles as they became scared silly and hid further behind Hara.

 

We had an eye-to-eye contact for a long time, until a blonde woman in a purple business suit ran towards us.

 

"Hello, excuse me, I'm from Chi Chi Fashion Lines, we're running late and our models haven't come yet so I was wondering if you two beautiful ladies could model for us," the lady hurridly asked.

 

Hara seemed dazzled, while I was quiet calm. "Oh, why of course I will!!" she said as if a rich man proposed to her.

 

"Will you, Ms. ?" she asked looking at me with hopeful eyes.

 

*I don't do modeling!! All models are just s and !* I wanted to say, but didn't want to be disrespectful to my elder.

 

CL nudged me as a sign of approval.

 

"U-Um, sure?" I said and she instantly pulled me and Hara to a store close by.

 

We reached a bright white and modern store. She took us to the back where a photoshoot was taking place.

 

"Take these two to wardrobe and make up, hurry!" the lady instructed a worker who pulled us into a room and sat us down in 2 chairs in front of a wide mirror.

 

"Don't feel special. She only asked you to come along because you were with me,"" Hara smirked as the people applied make up on our faces.

 

*Fighting doesn't solve everything, fighting doesn't solve everything* I repeated over and over again in my head to prevent from punching her in the dolled-up face.

 

That's it. I'm gonna hurt Hara today, but not by my fists. I'm going to make her jealous.

 

Just watch out, Hara cuz you're gonna feel like .