In The Way Of Dreams

Thought Of As Small

 

 

I looked up at the TV and saw 3 s in hot pink, glittery mini dresses and matching high heels the height of skyscrapers.

 

Jonghyun sat up straight in his chair, looking interested once his eyes trailed to their legs. *What a scum bag!! What the?! Why!?!? Who let-!? WHY HARA?!?!*

 

I jumped in my seat, and so did 2ne1.

 

"We're going to be performing Ma Boy by Sistar, please take care of us," Hara said with a sweet disgusting voice.

 

"Pfft, of course they would pick Ma Boy. Easy, simple, ty dance," Bom said glaring at the monitor as if it were actually the barbie gang themselves.

 

They pulled out 3 chairs, sat on them, and as soon as the music started they danced. The 4 judges sat in their chairs, looking captivated.

 

*Why does she have to appear everywhere and just ruin my day?*

 

 

 

 

A few minutes passed before their dance was finished. The waiting room, especially the boys, looked at them like goddesses.

 

"What's so great about 3 fakes body rolling like a bunch of es?" CL said.

 

"That just made my day," Minzy added, pretending to barf.

 

Finally, the moment everyone's been waiting for.. the judging.

 

The first judge stacked his papers and spoke. "Well, that was, um, very smooth choreography. Though, I don't think we're looking for your particular style."

 

Secondly, the female judge, looking disappointed and bored said, "This is really something. Doing a ual group dance for your first audition, girls? You certainly have the looks, but I think you should try auditioning again with another more choreographed and poised dance."

 

The girls nodded, with unreadable expressions.

 

"Well, that wasn't a bad dance, though it wasn't the best or extreme choreography we've ever seen. I think you girls have the looks, however. Maybe you should go for modeling? I don't think this job suites you girls," The second to last judge tried to sound nice, though had a mean tone.

 

Yoona stood up from her position behind Hara, "We've heard we have extremely good looks," she smiled and flipped her hair.

 

*Bleh. Conceited .*

 

Next up was Jonghyun. Boy, if he judged the other students like that, I wonder what the barbie dolls will get.

 

I had an evil grin on my face. *Get ready, s.*

 

He shot up in his seat, like a kid being offered a lollipop. "That was fantastic! I don't know what the other judges are thinking, that was amazing in my books. You fine ladies have the talent and the looks," He winked at Hara.

 

*Dirty jerk, scum bag, douche, -on-a-stick, !!!*

 

"What?! He- What!?!?" I stood up in my seat and exclaimed, causing the room to stare at me weirdly.

 

Bom and Minzy just sat their surprised, probably as outraged as me while CL just shook her head in disbelief.

 

"Thanks, Oppa!! Well, since we didn't qualify, I guess we'll take our leave.." Hara said, hesitantly, as if waiting for him to tell her to stay.

 

"No, Here's my number. Call me and maybe I can hook you up with my company instead," He slid her a card on her way out. Sure. He gave his number to her for business reasons. Right.

 

They both exchanged glances, and soon Hara and her barbie gang were out the door.

 

When I saw them in the same room as me, I was just in total shock and disbelief. How could they get Jonghyun's approval? Just because they had plastic looks? That was so unfair.

 

They all looked at us with sly, vicious looks. The , Tiffany, even gave a small giggle at our surprised expressions.

 

"Next! Number 45!" The staff called out.

 

2ne1 shook out of their dumb gazes and put our game faces on, ignoring the fact that the barbie crew actually has a chance of becoming big.

 

"Okay, guys. This is our moment, our chance. If the plastics can get Jonghyun's approval, then we can surely kick their asses." I encouraged everyone as we put our heads together.

 

"2ne1!!" we all shouted simultaneously, forming a 2 and 1 with our fingers.

 

We walked through the audition doors with our instruments and equipment. As soon as we got in, we hooked up our gear and got started.

 

"Annyohaeseyo, we are 2ne1! I'm Sandara Park, the lead singer of our band," I bowed politely, trying my best to keep my eyes away from that jerk, Jonghyun.

 

"Hello, I am Minzy, I play the bass position for 2ne1," Minzy cutely said and bowed.

 

CL, sitting behind her drums, which were already set up in the room, bowed,"I'm CL. Drums."

 

"Hello!! I'm Park Bom, and I play guitar!" Bom said excitedly.

 

When we were finished with our introductions, we quickly started with a "5, 6, 7, 8!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Wow.. I think that's the best audition we've had all day," the first judge said with a shocked expression, "You ladies sure seem different from the other students. Though, standing out is a good thing," He smiled, looking proud and sincere.

 

The woman in red spoke right after, bursting with affection. "Oh! I loved it! Every second of your performance was pure gold. You guys wrote this song together?" we nodded,"That is truly talented. I love how you girls show womanly power and strong charisma. I'd love to have you as a part of the YG Family and I'm sure everyone else does too," she put her hands together.

 

"Thank you," I bowed again.

 

"You guys have true, utter, raw talent. I think you'd be a fine addition to our company." The judge smiled. I could tell his words were truthful.

 

Me and 2ne1 grew nervous as it moved to Jonghyun's time to judge. He leaned straight up in his seat. *Is that a good thing???* I prayed and hoped for a positive comment.

 

He clicked his tongue for a while. *Say something!!! I can't take anymore of this anxiety!*

 

"Do you want my honest opinion or praise?" He asked. I knew that was a bad thing, but I wanted to know what he truly thought.

 

"Honest oppinion." I set it right out there, getting to the point and not caring about anything besides Jonghyun's attention right now.

 

"Drumming is sloppy, Bass is off, the guitarist should go back to music class, and is there something stuck in your throat? Or is that actually how you sing?" He said with an arrogant tone and straight face.

 

2ne1 held sad, disappointed faces. CL looked down at her drum set, Minzy strummed a few strings while her bass was unplugged, and Bom looked over her music sheets.

 

*Are you serious? That's it, I just can't take this guy anymore.*

 

"Yah. What the hell is wrong with you? What makes you suite to be a judge anyways, you arrogant jerk?" I put my hands on my hips, holding back the urge to jump onto the table and kick him in the face.

 

He chuckled, humorously as if someone just made the funniest joke in the world. "Who am I? Hah. You seriously do not know who Kim Jonghyun of SM is?" He asked leaning in his chair.

 

SM was an entertainment company if I was not mistaken. "I'm sorry, I only know of talented artists. Not those crappy, arrogant posers who don't have any talent nor know what talent is. Why don't you sing a few notes, see if you actually have what it takes to judge talented people like this?" I challenged him.

 

"Are you sure about that? Don't test me, little girl," He smiled with a cocky expression.

 

"Sing. Before I strangle some sound out of your throat in a few seconds."

 

Jonghyun laughed and shook his head again before clearing his throat and sang an annoying kpop song.

 

When I heard his voice.. it's like I just flew to heaven. Like I was in a big bath tub filled with roses and silk.

 

He hit a high note and held it for about 10 seconds before ending his segment with a chuckle. "So, what do you think, little girl?"

 

*Why does he keep calling me little girl? Want me to dropkick you right now, Big Boy?*

 

I hesitated before speaking. "..Well- I- That wasn't-" I spit out before squeezing my eyes shut and not saying a word.

 

He laughed at me. I couldn't see the other judges reaction, I was too scared to open my eyes. I was red with embarrassment and regret. "We'll be going now. Thank you for your time," CL said.

 

While we were walking back out the door we came through, a lighten bolt of courage suddenly zapped through my body.

 

"Wait!" I yelled. All eyes were on me, including the jerks. I walked over to the judge's table and in front of Jonghyun.

 

I ripped the audition number off of my shirt and stuck the sticker onto the table in front of him.

 

"You were once like us. You were once a student with hopes and dreams just like us. When you auditioned, was there any jerk, scum bag judges who stopped you from reaching your goal? Was there anyone who criticized you and said you were bad? Was there anyone like you?" I asked him.

 

he stayed silent and looked away. "I know you were once like all the participants here. You've brought so many people down and crushed so many dreams. Put yourself in our shoes and hopefully, one day you'll realize what you've done."

 

I finished and walked out the doors, with 2ne1 still behind me, shocked by what I had said. *Jerkity jerk jerk jerk-face.*

 

I muttered curse words under my breathe and walked out the doors of YG, with 2ne1 following me closely.

 

That guy was really unbelievable. I thought over our whole audition as small drops of tears rolled down my face.

 

 


 

Hope you guys enjoyed the update! I put quiet alot of thought into this chapter. Don't worry, Jonghyun isn't a TOTAL jerk throughout the story, hahaha........ Or is he? Stay tuned and subscribe to find out!