Mysterious

Thought Of As Small

 

 

"Unnie!!" Minzy chased after me and gave me a hug. "It's okay, other opportunities will come up."

 

"Yeah, we'll make it big one day for sure. Don't worry," CL said, but her face was just as dissapointed and sad as me.

 

I sniffed back tears. "..That jerk doesn't know what he's missing out on," I finally said and laughed along with 2ne1.

 

"Come on, let's go get some ramyun and eat at the studio," Bom smiled. We all followed her to Sam Dong's Convenience Store.

 

 

 

 

"Cheers!" We all clinked our ramyun bowls together.

 

"At least we had the guts to even go tryout," Bom said and slurped some noodles.

 

"Ramyun's never been so delicious. Sweet taste of accomplishment," Minzy said, snapping her chopsticks apart.

 

We all sat there, enjoying our noodles, until I looked outside the studio window. We were on the second story of the building so I was looking down as I saw a tall, muscular guy with light brown layers sitting on a bench in front of our studio.

 

It was Jonghyun. He sat on the bench with his face in his hands, looking like someone had just broken up with him. He looked very sad and depressed.

 

"Hmph. Serves you right.* I said slurping a chunk of noodles.

 

But why would he go out in public like that in a part of town like this? This place was where crappy apartments were, where dirty old markets lived, where street rats crawl.

 

Why would he come here? Isn't he like a big super star or something? I continued staring out the window as he was in the same position.

 

"Hey guys, I'll be right back okay?" I said, setting down my chopsticks and running downstairs.

 

I exited the half-broken wooden door of the building and slowly walked towards the jerk. He didn't seem to notice my presence.

 

"What're you doing here?" I asked in a tone I would use on Hara.

 

He lifted up his head and as soon as he saw me, his eyes widened. "U-Uhh.. I was.. Wait, shouldn't I be asking you that?"

 

I folded my arms, "Well, that's none of your business, now is it." His cocky, arrogant aura seemed to dissapear.

 

"Then, why should I tell you why I'm here? That's none of your business."

 

It was awkward and silent, but for some reason, I didn't leave like I would with other people. I sat down on the chipped, wooden bench on the other end of him.

 

"I practice with my band here," I said, "I know a famous star like you would think this is a run-down crappy old town, but.. don't look down on this place. This is pretty much my home, I love every single thing here."

 

"I know," he almost immediately said after I finished my sentence. Now I was really curious. What was he doing here? Does he know this place? What's his business here? Of course I couldn't just ask him that, I'd seem creepy.

 

"Judging over?" I asked, not making eye contact or even looking at him. He nodded.

 

I glanced over at him. *Wow.. he looks pretty cute, now that he's not acting like a douchebag.*

 

I stared at him for a moment, before he looked up to me too. We reached eachother's eyes for about a second before I turned away, embarrassed.

 

*Wtf, he probably thinks I'm a creep! Just staring at him all weirdly like that.*

 

I peeked through the corner of my eye and saw that he was still staring at me. Otthers would think he looks creepy, though I noticed some raw pain and misery in his eyes.

 

"Hey.. are you okay?" I asked him, looking concerned, pinching my eyebrows together. He snapped out of his trance and returned to face-palming himself.

 

*What's wrong with this guy? What happened to the scummy jerk from the auditions?*

 

"I'm sorry." He apologized to me, "I'm sorry for criticing your band. I'm sorry to everyone who I bashed at the auditions."

 

What's his deal? Why's he apologizing all of a sudden..

 

"I never asked you to apologize to me. I just want you to realize your mistake."

 

"I do. I realize it.. and I regret it. I'm sorry-" I cut him off.

 

"Well don't apologize! Do something about it!" I stood up. He didn't even look at me to see my furious face.

 

"I would if I could," he said, staring at the floor.

 

*What? Why can't he? He has the power to hypnotize probably a thousand girls.*

 

"Why can't you?" I stomped my foot on the ground, awaiting a reasonable answer. Hm, I feel like Mr. Kim.

 

He dazed off for a long while before answering, "I have an image I need to keep," he simply replied.

 

"What?? That's your reason?! You're a real jerk, you know that. I don't get why girls are so in love with you, what's to like!?! I see nothing but a dirty, spoiled, arrogant bastard," I said. I take back what I thought, he's not cute anymore.

 

"I know many people hate me. I don't blame them for it, I'm a bad person. People shouldn't go near me.. it will only bring them bad luck." He said. As manly as he looked, he seemed as vulnerable as a 3 year old kid right now.

 

I just stared at him. Is that all he has to say? "You can change, you know. You can be a better person and- and just try to be nicer.." I ran out of words to say, staring at his heart-broken face.

 

"It's too late."

 

He spoke as if the world had ended. I sat back down, confused. I had so many questions I wanted to ask. Suddenly, an annoying tune played. It was his phone.

 

"Yobeoseyo?" He said, totally recovering from his sad state. *What the heck was that. Was he just acting the whole time? That ing jerk..*

 

"Oh. Ok, ok- Whatever, they can wait." His arrogant prince tone was back. Hah, I can't believe I fell for his act for even a second.

 

I got up from me seat and started stomping back to our studio building. I can't believe he just played me like that.

 

He hung up on whoever he was talking to and then call out for me, "Yah, wait! Where do you guys practice, hey, hold on!" He chased me and grabbed my wrist.

 

I quickly snapped back at him and yanked my arm away, "None of your business. You shouldn't be here anyways, go back to your high-class life resort."

 

I walked away angrily as he stood there. Into our studio I went, and left him there. Of course, I was stupid enough to actually go into my studio giving him the answer to where our band practices.

 

*Smart move, Dara.* I slapped myself on the head and went upstairs.

"Where were you?" CL asked, everyone finished their noodles already. I sat down and continued mine.

 

"A-Ah, sorry.. I just had to do something real quick," I said, stuffing my mouth so that I wouldn't have to say anything else.

 

Bom was texting, Minzy was studying, and CL was just sitting on the couch staring at the ceiling before I came in.

 

"Wanna practice?" I suggested to everyone after I was finished shoving food down my throat, they all looked bored out of their minds.

 

"Sure!" Minzy said and we made our way to our rehearsal area.