Sorry

Thought Of As Small

"Really?! Are you serious?" Minzy jumped in excitement as I nodded. CL and Bom looked over the audition paper and I saw a glint of hope in their eyes as well.

 

"Waah, this is our chance!! We're totally gonna make it, I have faith in us," Bom smiled.

 

"Yeah," CL agreed.

 

"BUT, but, but, but we need to practice hard. More rehearsals, less breaks. We need to sound our best for the audition and we only have a short amount of time to prepare. It's in 3 days," I said.

 

Everyone nodded for a second and Minzy spoke up. "Then what the heck are we waiting for, let's start practicing!!"

 

I laughed and walked over to my microphone as everyone else made their way to their instruments.

 

"5, 6, 7, 8!!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Ahhhhh, we practiced for so long my shoulders hurt even more," Minzy complained again,"We went for 6 hours!!!"

 

She jumped on the couch and stuffed her face in a pillow. "Yah, ajhumma, stop complaining all the time. We have to put up with the same crap as you do, you know," Bom scolded as she stretched.

 

"But I have to study!!!! You know how hard it is to memorize ALL my school notes and music notes at the same time?! Pretty damn hard!!" Minzy countered.

 

I packed my equipment and stuffed them in my bag. I was pretty tired and hungry too.

 

"Aye," all attention directed to me,"You guys wanna go out to eat some Korean barbecue?"

 

"YES!!!" I heard from everyone in the room simultaneously. I signaled a "Let's go" and everyone quickly got up and walked down the stairs with me in the front.

 

"You're paying, Ms. Richass Park," I heard from CL behind me. I rolled my eyes.

 

"Don't I pay every time?" I said as we continued.

 

Suddenly the door open and out came a tall, familiar figure.

 

*Thunder?*

 

"Dara? Is that you?" he asked, shivering. I took a glimpse outside, it was snowing.

 

"Aish, oppa, what are you doing here?" I asked, pissed that he would come all the way here in the cold, by himself. Well, pissed in a sisterly-caring way.

 

"I thought I'd come and pick you up since it's pretty cold outside I didn't want you to walk home alone," he said with a smile.

 

I saw sincerity and care in his eyes, and I returned the look. "You didn't have to.. we were just about to go out and eat," I assured him.

 

"How about we go together?" he grinned. I nodded and smiled.

 

Of course I couldn't just leave him there and tell him to go back home when he came all the way here just to pick me up because he was afraid I'd get hurt or cold.

 

For a moment, I forgot 2ne1 was with me.

 

"Oh! Sorry guys, mind if Thunder comes with us?" I smiled. Minzy nodded, bouncing with joy. CL simply shrugged her shoulders. Park Bom stayed silent and played with her bracelet.

 

"Uhh.. okay! Let's go!!" I threw my fist in the air and marched to my brother's car.

 

As we were walking, I heard my brother say "Hey" to someone. I turned around and he was face-to-face with Bom.

 

"Hey," she mimicked him and walked quickly to the backseat of the car. Thunder stood in the same spot, huffed a big sigh and eventually followed us into the car, making sure to go behind us to keep us safe.

 

*That's my brother. Always protective and cautious.* I rolled my eyes and took the passenger seat.

 

Everyone else squished together in the backseat. "Ahaha, losers!!" I turned around and stuck my tongue out.

 

"Ahh, my shoulders-" Minzy was about to complain again, but didn't finish. Everyone in the car cut her off with a "SHUT UP!!"

 

We all laughed as she sank down lower into her seat. "Don't be so mean to Minzy, guys," my brother defended her and she sat up with a bright smile.

 

"Hehe.. thanks, Thunder Oppa.." she blushed. ANYONE who saw her would've known she had a huge crush on my brother. Well, except for my brother.

 

"Are your shoulders well? Are you hurt?" my brother continued sweetening her up.

 

"No, no!! It's fine- I-I'm fine.. hehe," Minzy shyly stuttered.

 

I rolled my eyes, yet again. *We really need to teach this little girl how to flirt one day. Poor kid doesn't know how to love.*

 

*Then, again, I don't either.* I thought. Who needs love? What does it do for you? Pfft.

 

I've never experienced "love" before and I doubt I ever will. I'd rather focus on my band than some guy.

 

"We're here!!" my brother announced,"This is your favorite barbecue restaraunt, Dara." My brother smiled and I gave him a kiss on the cheek and got out of the car.

 

"I wish I could do that to him," I heard Minzy mutter as everyone else exited the slick, black mercadese.

 

 

 

 

 

"Mmmm, smells delicious!!" I said as the waitress grilled the meat. I dug in on all the small portions, also.

 

CL liked the same food as I did, so I got some meat and put it on her plate, "Eat up, Unnie!!" I smiled with my mouth full.

 

Everyone laughed, including Thunder and all of us started filling ourselves. As I was stuffing my face, I looked over across the table and saw Park Bom.

 

She looked.. sad. She looked like she didn't want to be here. She looked like she lost her appetite along with her soul.

 

"Bom? You okay?" I waved my chopsticks in front of her face and she quickly snapped back to reality.

 

"Oh! Yeah.. I'm fine," she replied and gripped a chunk of salad, eating like a high-class person.

 

The Park Bom I knew and love wasn't here, eating with us. Why is she so distant all of a sudden?

 

I saw my brother, on my right shoulder, staring at Bom and a flash of pain and regret crossed his face.

 

*Everyone's acting so weird today. Ruining my mood* I pouted, but continued eating.

 

The next few minutes the table was filled with small talk about the auditions and whatnot, until everyone kept silent while my brother said something.

 

"Soo.. Park Bom.." he said which caught her attention from her empty plate. It was so weird hearing him call her that. He used to call her Bommie.

 

"Umm.. how are.. things? School, company, anything new?" my brother half-heartedly smiled and tried to make conversation.

 

"Good," she simply replied and checked her phone, as if she really got a text or call.

 

My brother nodded and returned to eating his food in silence. The table grew awkward and distant, the exact opposite of what I'd want it to me.

 

I slowly proceeding devouring my ribs and didn't say a word.

 

Bom was just blankly staring at her empty plate, chopsticks in hand, while my brother would look at her every once in a while.

 

I saw something drop on her plate and she quickly said, "Uh, sorry guys, I need to go," got up out of her seat, and sprinted out the door.

 

I stood up grabbed her plate and there I saw a small drop of clear water.

 

*Was she.. crying?* I thought as I realized what I've done.

 

*UGH, Dara, you're so stupid!! How could you set up a date with your brother and your brother's ex/your best friend?!*

 

I slapped myself on the head multiple times before my brother held onto my wrist. "What's wrong?" he asked before looking down on her plate, seeing the evidence of "what's wrong" for himself.

 

He let go of my hand and ran out the door, which I was assuming to chase Bom.

 

"Okay, I do not know what just happened here, but I am very confused. Wanna deal us in here?" CL placed both her elbows on the table. Minzy also stuck her head in closer.

 

*Oh, I forgot they didn't know about this.*

 

I swallowed my food and started in the beginning of the story of what happened between my brother and Bommie.

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

"Bom, wait!!" Thunder chased after Bom as if she were about to jump off a cliff.

 

She continued running away, as far as she could, from him. Park Bom ignored the calls out for her, she didn't care about anything anymore. She just wanted to get away from him.

 

After about 10 more minutes of chasing, when both of them finally lost their breathe, she stopped and Thunder grabbed onto her wrist.

 

"Please..." he tried to catch his breathe,"don't leave. Don't run away." he pleaded.

 

Bom threw his hand off of her, "What do you want?! What else could you possibly want from me?!!?" she cried and yelled at the same time.

 

Tears rolled down her face like rain from clouds. "I know I've said this before.. and it hasn't made a difference, but.. I'm sorry."

 

"Is that all you have to say? I tried to forgive you, Thunder, I really did. But the aching pain in my heart and my legs.. they stop me from forgiving you. They remind me every single day of why I hurt so much. I- I just can't.. you abused me, you cut me, you put me through so much, how can you be so selfish and ask me to forgive you after all of that?"

 

Her lips trembled in the snow. She was only wearing a T-Shirt and thin cardigan.

 

"I know.. I'm the most selfish person in the world. How can I ask you to forgive me when.. I don't even forgive myself. I'm.. I'm so sorry," a tear gushed out of his right eye.

 

Thunder took off his coat and put it over Bom. "Don't stay out too long," he said and walked back to the restaraunt.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Omg, that's so sad!!" Minzy gasped after I explained their past.

 

"Wah.. chincha?? Sounds like a drama, how come you never told me about this?" CL playfully glared at me.

 

I scratched the back of my neck, trying to look innocent. "Umm.. I forgot?? Hehe," I shrugged.

 

CL and Minzy were one of my best friends too, I should've told them. I know I can trust them.

 

Suddenly, my brother came through the door, making yet another entrance of surprise.

 

"Are you okay? What happened? Why aren't you wearing a jacket, you must be freezing!" I asked him a few questions, but his face remain blank and his mouth stayed closed.

 

He just sat down next to me, got out his wallet, and payed the bill. "Meet you in the car," he simply said and exited the room.

 

"What happened to Thunder Oppa? He seems out of sorts.." Minzy asked with big eyes.

 

*I don't know, Minzy.. but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Bom.*

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Thanks for the ride home!!" Minzy shouted over her shoulder before leaving our car and into her house.

 

"Yah, tell your eumma I said Hi!!" I waved goodbye and she disappeared from plain sight.

 

*Now that everyone's gone, I can get down to business.*

 

Thunder started up the car again and U-turned to go home.

 

"Okay, what happened today? What's up with you, you're all.. bleh. and weird. It's not like you," I said, leaning towards the driver seat.

 

"OPPAAAAAAAA," I pouted after he stayed silent, refusing to give me an answer.

 

"Aish, you little-" he started, "Nothing happened, okay? I just feel a little tired today."

 

I knew he wasn't giving me an honest answer, but I also knew that he was a tough nut to crack so I wouldn't ask for more.

 

The rest of the ride home was pure awkward and silence. I didn't know what else to say, and he didn't want to say anything.. so might as well just shut my yap.

 

We reached our mansion and I flopped on the couch, full from all the barbecue.

 

I heard my brother's phone ring as he made his way through the door. He picked it up and I heard him say "Oh, Nana, what's up?"

 

*OMG, Just get away from Thunder. Just because you own a big company that works with our company, doesn't mean you can go toying with my brother's heart. Little .*

 

"No, I'm not busy, it's fine," he said.

 

*Yes you are!! Who's gonna keep me from dying of boredom if you're not home?!*

 

"Okay- Okay, I'll go right now- See you there."

 

Then, his attention was directed towards me. "Hey, I'm gonna go out for a bit okay, stay home and stay out of trouble," he instructed.

 

I waved him away and there I was in a gigantic house, all alone. Only mere seconds past and I was already bored as hell.

 

I sat up on the couch and took my phone out from my backpack.

 

Wanna go spray paint some buildings with me?

 

Text sent to: CL Unnie

 

I waited for about half a minute and got a reply.

 

Let's go.

 

A smile formed on my face and I got my jacket, backpack, and ran out the door to CL's house.

 


 

Stayed up until about 1 or 2 in the morning updating this. Some Thunder and Bom interaction for you guys, hehe.