Change; For the Better or Worse?

Thought Of As Small

Another day of school, another day of hell.

 

I sat through lectures countless times today, so bored that I actually fell asleep in a class. Something was missing today. I could feel it just nudging me in the ribs and taunting me.

 

But what was it? I thought to myself.

 

Ah. That something that was missing today was an annoying pest, a conceited piece of plastic. That's right. You guessed it.

 

Hara didn't come to school today, which was weird since she never missed a day of school and bullying girls who were uglier than her.

 

I searched around the class to make sure she wasn't here and after I confirmed her absence, I sat back in my seat, thankful.

 

Soon, my classes for half of the school day ended and came lunch.

 

The cafeteria was serving meatloaf and bean stew. *Ugh, PASS.* I decided to go to the convenience store to buy some food, along with 2ne1.

 

 

 

"Goddamn, I wish they'd serve us regular, good food for once," I kicked around a plastic bottle while walking with the gang, they all agreed.

 

After a while, Minzy spoke up curiously, "Hey, don't you guys think we should audition again? I think we have a chance. It's just because of that butthead Jonghyun," she said.

 

"Yeah! We should, I think we'll-" Bom was about to say, but then a jet black sports car with red tire rims zoomed very loudly to where we were and parked right besides the NO PARKING AT ANY TIME sign.

 

*Who the is this show-off?* I snorted, and to my surprise, Jonghyun stepped out of the driver's seat car door. He was swinging around his keys and walking in a cool way.

 

My fists tightened up, I tried to resist running up to that cocky bastard and punching him in the face. "Is that.. Jonghyun?" Bom squinted.

 

He walked around his car to the passenger seat and opened the door for some skinny girl wearing the most ridiculous short sho-

 

Holy crap. It was Hara.

 

I stormed over there, furious. I was somewhat surprised, but a part of me thought *Of course she would do something like this. Ditch school to go on a wild date with a celebrity she barely knows and could quiet possibly her.*

 

"Yah, Hara!! You ! I knew you were a , but I didn't know you would take it this far," I folded my arms like a mother lecturing her child.

 

She put her hand over her heart as soon as she heard my voice, she was surprised to see me here, confronting her.

 

Hara soon covered her shocked face with a y smile. "Oh, why are you here? I was just.. sick! So Jonghyun oppa.. umm.. dropped me off so I could take a walk and get some fresh air!" she smiled and gestured towards Jonghyun who then slung his right arm over her shoulder.

 

"Well, how was the air in that air-conditioned sports car? Sick- air- dropped off, do you seriously think I'm a ing stupid 5 year old?" I looked at her in disbelief.

 

I know I've always hated Hara, though I thought there was still some good left in her. She stared at me in the most hateful way.

 

I guess I was wrong. The old Hara has totally dissappeared and is now replaced with a monster. I tried to bring out the old Hara, but there's just no use.

 

The old Hara is a forgotten shell which has shed a long time ago. I slightly teared up, remembering the old memories me and her shared. Why did she change.. why has she become like this..

 

Well, I can't turn back now. We're enemies and there's no more denying it. "Hara. I know you skipped school to go on a date or whatever with this jerk. I have no choice," I glared at her, "I'm going to report you to the principal."

 

I turned around to leave her there, but she grabbed my wrist and turned me around, "You listen, Sandara Park!! Don't you dare! If you tell even a peep to anybody, I swear I'll-"

 

"I'll what, huh? Sprinkle me with glitter and throw me in a mini skirt to turn me into a barbie? That sounds familiar doesn't it? Hmm.. sounds like how you turned into one." I dug my hands in my pockets and towered over her.

 

I read her eyes, and it looked like she was the smallest person in the world right now. "You !" she huffed.

 

"Oh so now, I'm the ?" I laughed, "Who's the one who left their best ing friend who's been there for her for nearly 3 years!? Who joined the popular group and left their friend alone like a freaking dork?!! Who went from being my sister to being a.. a bully. That always picked on me and- and prank me and talk behind my back and share my deepest darkest secrets.. That's what a is. And you fit the definition perfectly," I finished after wiping a tear.

 

Hara looked embarrass, as we saw a few people crowding around us, hearing me yell. *Tch, these people really can't mind there business.*

 

She stayed quiet while Jonghyun looked at me with painful eyes and 2ne1 stayed behind me, not wanting to interfere. "So if you want to call anyone a .." I sniffled and wiped away more droplets, "Then call yourself one. Think about what you did to me and think about how you made me suffer so much."

 

I turned my back and walked away to where my true friends were; 2ne1. They were the ones who took me in when I had nobody else to rely on, when I was a stray weakling. They accept me for who I am and encourage me to be stronger each day.

 

As I was walking I heard that voice again, "I'm not the ." I heard, "I just didn't want to hang out with a loser like you any longer. I just couldn't take it, really... when we were kids, it was fun. but when we're 17, fun and friends slowly matter less all of a sudden."

 

I spun around to face that again, "And now all you live for is popularity and looks?! Am I right!? Is that what matters more than friends to you?? If so.. then you might be told you're pretty and beautiful or whatnot on the outside, but on the inside.. Hara, you are just so ugly. The most disgusting creature ever lives inside of you."

 

She held an appauled face. She was shocked again by what I had said. However, I didn't regret a word I'd just said. I meant every single letter, word, and sentence.

 

"Come on guys, let's go back to school. I lost my appetite," I said to 2ne1, turning my back on Hara and the poser besides her, looking amused by our mini drama.

 

"But I'm still hun-" Bom was about to say, though CL nudged her in the shoulder hard before she could finish her sentence, risking pissing me off.

 

"Guys?" I said as I strutted in front of them.

 

"Yeah?" they all replied simultaneously.

 

"I love you guys."