TADAH!

Love In Progress

 

 

Jessica’s POV

 

“I GOT IT!” I squealed in joy.

“JEONGMAL?!” Krystal ran up to my side of the room.

“NE!” I showed her the spell.

“All we need to do is to cast the spell when the dark angel is taking over TOP.” I smiled.

Krystal back off a little “But wouldn’t that be hard? And not to mention dangerous.”

“Yeah but we have no other choice now, do we?”

Krystal shook her head.

“I thought so. Now let’s call TOP!”

“Already on it unnie!” Krystal was already on her phone.

 

No one’s POV

 

“I can’t believe we just did that!” Mr. Kwon face palmed himself.

“Neither can I… Yuri is going to hate us once she finds out.” Mrs. Kwon paced around.

“But we need to talk to TOP now.” Mrs. Kwon suggested.

“We can’t. What if the dark angel controls him while he’s here? He’ll know our hide out. We’ll be completely revealed.”  Mr. Kwon objected.

“Then what do we do now?”

“We wait.”

 

Minho’s POV

 

“Where have you been?” Yuri asked.

“I just went and cleared my schedule for two weeks.” I smiled at Yuri. “And got you ramyun.”

Yuri clapped. I can tell she was feeling better. TOP must have told her everything she needs to know. But I know she won’t tell her about him being controlled by the dark angel.

She started stuffing her face with ramyun.

“Wae?” she asked.

I realized I was staring at her.

“Saranghaeyo Yul.”

She eye smiled me “Nano saranghae!”

I pinched her cheeks.

“Your hands are cold.” She held them in between her palms. “Gwanchani?”

“Ne, don’t worry about me.”

“Then why’d you take a week off?”

“So I could take care of you. DUH!” I messed up her hair.

“AISH!” She started fixing it. “You don’t need to.”

“But I want to.” I looked at her seriously.

“GOMAWOOOO!” She kissed me on my cheeks.

I tried not to blush. Why is that the littlest thing she does to show me her affection causes my heart to burst?

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I tried to making myself as light as possible by holding in my breath as Minho transferred me to my wheelchair.

“You do know that holding your breath in doesn’t make you any lighter.” Minho teased.

I smacked his arm “Seeshh, just cause I’m helping you out doesn’t mean you get to treat me like a slave.” He pouted. I meronged him in return.

I was still stuck in the hospital and Minho decided that roaming round the hospital park to get some fresh air would be a good idea. And it was.

 

“OOOH! ICE CREAM!” I pointed at the ice cream truck.

“I feel like I’m taking a baby on a stroll around the park!” Minho groaned.

“Oh shut it and just get me some!” I joked.

“Arrraassoooo!” he left by the flowers and ran up to the ice cream truck.

I took a quick look around and spotted a kid staring at me.

“May I help you?” I asked.

“Your So Nyuh Shi Dae’s Black Pearl, Kwon Yuri, right?” she looked at me seriously.

“Ne.”

“And that’s SHINee’s Flaming Charisma, Choi Minho, right?” she pointed at Minho who was paying for the ice cream by now.

“Eh, Ne. Wae?” I asked awkwardly.  Would she want our autographs?

Her eyes suddenly lit up and by this time, Minho was already beside me.

“OMG! MINYUL IS REEAAAL!” She jumped out of the park bench.

Minho and I were both startled.

 

“Minyul?” I asked.

“NE! MIN FOR MINHO AND YUL FOR YURI!” she clapped her hands.

“Looks like we have a couple name!” Minho chuckled.

“Wait, why would we? We’re not even a couple.” I nudged Minho to remain our secret.

“You’re not…” the girl suddenly lost energy.

“Ne, mianhe. We’re just really good friends.” I smiled at her.

“I see.” She started walking away sadly.

 

I felt guilty for lying to her.

Minho just shrugged it off and gave me the ice cream.

 

~The Next Day~

 

I woke up seeing Minho fast asleep on the hospital couch.

I supported myself on to the wheelchair and decided to go to the cafeteria to get him something to eat when he wakes up.

 

As I passed through the hallways I spotted someone familiar being carried towards the emergency room. It was the little girl from yesterday who called us Minyul.

I saw a woman crying, waiting outside the emergency room.

“Excuse me but are you that patient’s mother?” I asked.

“Ne.” she whipped her tears. “OMO! You’re SNSD’s Kwon Yuri!” her eyes widened.

“Eh, ne.” I bowed and so did she.

“My daughter is a big fan of yours! She especially ships you and Choi Minho.” She blurted out.

“Ah, ne. I’ve heard.” I smiled awkwardly. “So, what’s wrong with her?” I asked politely.

“She has a weak heart… she’s been having many heart attacks recently.” Her mother sniffed.

I bit my bottom lip.  “Can you please tell me her name?” I asked.

“It’s Nara.”

“That’s a pretty name. I’ll tell you what, how about I go visit her when she comes out of the emergency room.” I tried to stay positive.

“That would be amazing! We’re staying at room 207.”

“I’ll surprise her later. Hang in there!” I gave her a fighting sign before wheeling myself off.

 

Minho’s POV

 

“MORNING SLEEPY HEAD!” Yuri whispered softly yet loudly in my ear.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

“Breakfast is ready!” she handed me a plate full of fruits and a stack of pancakes.

“EAT IT WHILE IT’S HOT! And there’s orange juice on the table.” She scolded like an umma.

I laughed “And have you eaten?”

“Ne.” she patted her belly to show me that she was full. “GOOD JAGIYA!” I praised.

 

“Minho yah. Could you do me a favor?” she asked after I finished eating.

“Depends…” I joked.

“Well. You remember that girl from yesterday right? The one who called us Minyul.”

“How can I forget?” I drank the orange juice.

“Can we visit her later?” she asked out of the blue. “I know where she stays and seeing us together may make her feel better.”

I looked at her confused.

“She has a weak heart… and she was rushed to the emergency room this morning.” Yuri started playing with her fingers.

“SURE!” I saluted. “Let me just wash up.”

 

“Here we are!” I announced as we reached from 207.

“KNOCK KNOCK!” Yuri smiled as I opened the door for her.

“YURI! MINHO!” Nara’s eyes widened.

“I’ll leave you 3 alone.” Nara’s umma left smiling.

“What are you doing here?” she asked.

“We came to visit you. DUH!” I eye smiled her.

She chuckled and clapped her hands.

It’s amazing how she could still keep smiling despite her sickness.

 

We spent almost an hour just chatting with her.

“I’ll be released tomorrow but I’ll visit you here as often as I can.” Yuri promised.

“And I’ll be waiting.” Nara smiled.

“Get well soon alright Nara?” Yuri hugged her.

“NE!”

“And next time I’ll bring Donghae hyung along.” I winked.

Donghae’s Nara’s favourite SUJU.

“JEONGMAL! GOMAWO!” she clapped in happiness.

We were just about to leave when Yuri turned back.

“You can keep a secret right?” she asked Nara.

“OFCOURSE!” Nara stated the obvious.

“Alright then, MINYUL IS REAL.” Yuri winked.

Nara gasped.

“Sssshh.” I winked too before we let her mom come in and we left.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

~3 days later~

 

“C’mon froggie!” I Groaned impatiently.

“Alright alright!” Minho messed my hair up before we got out of the car.

We reached the reception and asked for Nara.

 

“I’m sorry but I’m afraid Ms. Nara has passed away 2 days ago.” The receptionist announced.

I was in state of shock. I was speechless.

Donghae oppa who was with us gasped and Minho just remained quiet.

“But her mother did leave us something for you.” The nurse handed me a letter.

 

Dear Yuri and Minho,

 

I don’t know what you did but this is the first time I’ve seen Nara that happy.

I want to thank you so much for making her wish come true.

She has always dreamed of meeting you two in person and now that she finally did she has told me that she was going to let go. And I have to too.

Nara’s in a better place now. Away from all the pain.

 

Thank you once again.

 

I passed the letter to Minho.

This time tears were already escaping my eyes.

I couldn’t give my condolence to Nara’s mother since I have no information about her what so ever and the hospital would not give them to us.

 

~2 days later~

 

“Yuri ah…” Minho smiled at me weakly in the middle of the night.

He was sleeping over at our dorm.

“Ne?” I sat up straight.

He was sweating even though it was freezing inside.

I tried to touch his forehead to check his temperature but I burned the back of my hand in the process. I yelped in pain.

“OMO!” He grabbed my burned hands and blew on it.

His breath was icy cool and next thing I know, my hand was back to normal.

With no signs of any burns.

I looked at him in horror.

“TADAAAH SURPRISE!” He smiled awkwardly.

 

 

**********

 

So what did you think?

You’ll find out his real powers tomorrow.

In the meantime, you can keep guessing ;)

Feel free to comment!

~emkrys