My Way

Love In Progress

 

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I walked back with my head hung down back to my dorm.

I mean, I couldn’t just disappear for a long time. They’d probably have police searching for me.

I know how paranoid my So Nyuh Shi Dae sisters can be.

 

But then facing Seohyun would be extra awkward.

I know that Minho and she have been close friends due to their similarity in age.

I’ve always envied for that. She is so young.

And I am… so many years old!

 

“Unnies?” I called out as I entered the dorm.

There was no answer.

I searched all the rooms but it was empty.

I sat down in the living room and played with my phone until someone came in.

 

“Oh, Seohyun…” I gasped as she stared at me with a confused look.

“THANK GOD!” she sighed and quickly hugged me.

“Wae?” I was pretty shocked.

“We thought you were with Minho oppa!”

“Minho? So what if I was with him?” I raised a brow.

 

Seohyun bit her bottom lip before looking down.

“YURI! WHAT ARE YOU STILL DOING HERE?!” Taeyeon’s eyes was filled with worry.

“Bwoh? Why, am I late for a schedule?” I panicked.

Her expression changed. “Ani… Yuri… Minho’s in the hospital…” Taeyeon broke the news to me.

“BWOH?! Is he sick?”

“Ani… He… he got in a car accident.” Seohyun whispered loud enough for me to hear.

 

I just stood there staring at them.

“We haven’t seen you the whole day so we thought you were with him. We were scared that you got into the accident too.” She continued.

I still couldn’t get the courage to talk.

 

“It just happened a few minutes ago… C’mon, I’ll drive you to the hospital!” Taeyeon grabbed my wrist and dragged me down.

 

The whole car ride I just kept quiet.

This can’t be happening. Minho. You have to be ok!

 

As we walked towards the hallway I could see the SHINee members all standing up with a worried look on their face.

“Yuri noona!” Taemin quickly hugged me.

 

I didn’t have the strength to move. I just stood there and waited for him to pull away.

“Hyung got into an accident. They said he’s in a critical position. Noona. Don’t worry. I know Minho hyung is fighting for you.” Taemin spoke out with watery eyes.

 

That’s when I lost my balance. I don’t know what happened but my knees just gave up at that second.

They all rushed to me and sat me down on the bench at the hallway.

 

This can’t be happening.

I know you won’t leave me Minho.

And I don’t want me breaking your heart to be the last memory we both share.

I wanna tell you I love you. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!

But I can’t…

 

I’ve never meant to hurt you Minho.

 

I couldn’t help it anymore.

My tears started rolling down my cheeks.

 

Minho’s POV

 

I slowly opened my eyes.

My whole body hurts. I couldn’t move.

All I could see was bright lights.

 

“MINHO! OMO! MINHO’S AWAKE!” I heard Onew hyung scream out.

It wasn’t long until my eye sight cleared up and I saw all my SHINee members smiling at me.

“Hey!” I smiled and they all rolled their eyes.

 

“YOU ALMOST DIED AND ALL YOU SAY TO US IS “HEY”?!?!” Key started freaking out.

I let out a chuckle.

But inside I was hurting. I thought Yuri would be the first person I see once I open my eyes but I was wrong.

She was nowhere to be found.

 

Does she still hate me to the extent where she doesn’t care as to whether or not I’m dying?

 

“How long have I been knocked out?” I asked my members as if it was a usual thing to happen.

“About a week or so…” Jonghyun spoke casually.

I simply nodded.

 

They told me that I could take as long as I want to have some time off.

And that I had no serious injury which was surprising.

 

It’s been 3 days and I was all alone in the dorm.

The 4 of my members went ahead and did a schedule without me.

 

I flicked through the channels but something caught my eye.

The soundtrack of “My Girlfriend Is A Gumiho” was now playing.

 

It reminded me of how badly I treated Yuri before and how I took advantage of her being a genie.

 

I was in the middle of being dramatic when my phone rang.

“Yoboseyo?”…”Oh, ne hyung.”…”Arasso.” I hanged up.

 

It was from Siwon hyung.

He said he wanted to meet up with me which was quite random since we haven’t really talked and the last time we did.

Well let’s just say my face didn’t like it.

 

I reached the restaurant where he said we would meet up.

At first we both sat there with an awkward atmosphere.

He asked me about my condition after the accident and we talked about how life has been.

 

But something tells me he didn’t just drag me all the way here to ask me how I’ve been.

“So, why did you and Yuri break up?” That was it. That was the reason.

“Break up? We haven’t broken up.” I asked with a confused look.

All my SM family knows our secret relationship.

 

Well there’s a lot of secret relationships between the SM family but we all know how to keep our mouth shut.

 

“We’re just having a normal couple fight that’s all.” I pointed out.

“Then why is she seen hanging around with TOP?” Siwon raised a brow while giving me his phone which has a picture of TOP and Yuri strolling in the park.

 

“Pfth. They’re just really close friends. And I am close with TOP hyung too.” I assured Siwon hyung but he just gave me a weird look.

“Are you sure? They seem awfully close.”

“100%” I smiled. TOP was probably just accompanying Yuri and making her feel better when I was unconscious.

I mean. Yuri must have visited me even if it was just once. I know she still cares and loves me as much as I do for her.

 

She can just be really stubborn and hide it… right?

 

Soon we had to part since Siwon hyung has a schedule to attend.

I took this time to visit Yuri which was quite ironic because wasn’t she supposed to visit me?

I mean, I am the one who almost died.

 

I knocked on their door and surprisingly TOP hyung opened it.

“Oh Minho, what are you doing here?” he asked with the door half closed.

“I’m here to see Yuri. What are you doing here?”  I raised a brow.

“So did I.”

“Wae? Is there something wrong?” I asked as I tried to peak in but he blocked the way.

“Eopseo.”

“Krom, can you move out of the way?” I slightly bumped on him so I could walk inside their dorm.

 

“Mianhe Minho.” TOP added.

I turned around.

“Wae?”

“Me and Yuri didn’t mean for any of this to happen.” He started explaining.

“What are you talking about?” I was starting to get really suspicious.

Something tells me that something big has happened while I was unconscious.

“She’s not here right now. She’s with her parents.”

“Parents? What are you talking about? Her parents are dead.”

TOP just looked at the ground, twisting his lips. As If he was trying to think of the right words to say at the moment.

 

“Yuri’s parents aren’t dead. They’ve been alive all this time. Looking after her up in the skies. It’s all been kept a secret.”

“How did she know about them then?”

“After the battle with the dark angel.”

I was really confused.

“Is that what you’ve been hiding for me all this time? Why didn’t you tell me then?!”

He just kept quiet.

 

I wasn’t mad. I was actually really happy that Yuri is back with her parents. But why did they hide this from me. If anything. Yuri should have been jumping up and down with joy everyday as she reminds me that her parents are back.

 

But why is it the exact opposite?

 

“Yuri must be so happy!” I started smiling.

But TOP continues keeping a straight face.

“Wae?”

 

“There’s more…”

“Deo?”

“Ne. You see… Yuri’s dad doesn’t exactly like you.”

“W-What? Wae? Did I do anything wrong?” I was kind of shock.

Why wouldn’t her dad like me?

 

“Molla.” He sat down on the sofa and so did I.

“Hajiman… they want someone else for Yuri…” this scenario keeps on getting worst and worst.

“Nugu?” I asked.

“Me.”

 

My eyes opened wide.

I can’t believe he just said that.

“NEO?! WAE?! Yuri doesn’t love you! Even you know that. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? I THOUGHT YOU WERE ON OUR SIDE!” I screamed as I got up.

“DEUROBWA!”

“ANIYO!”

“BWARA!” He grabbed me by the collar.

 

I glared at him and shoved his hands away.

“I didn’t mean for any of this to happen. But her dad already gave you your chance to prove yourself to him but you failed. You always let your anger get the best of you and you’ve made Yuri cry… a lot. And her dad, doesn’t like that.”

 

“Wae neo?” I hissed.

“Molla. Jongmal, molla.” It seems like his telling the truth.

I sighed deeply.

 

“So is that it? Yuri and I are done.”

“Ani… I have a plan.” A smirked formed in his face.

 

Yuri’s Umma’s POV

 

“Aigo! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! CAN’T YOU SEE OUR BABY GIRL IS HURTING?!” I screamed at my husband who was day dreaming.

“I know what I’m doing.” He simply answered.

“NO YOU DON’T. If you knew what you’re doing, you know that your actions are slowly dragging Yuri away from us. FROM YOU!” I pointed out.

“Why can’t you just let them be?” I sighed. “They’re in love… Don’t you remember when we were in love?” I asked.

I started to soften up and hugged him from behind.

 

“Do you still remember how you felt when you saw me with someone else?” I whispered.

But what I didn’t expect was a tear falling from my husband’s eyes.

He held my hands and turned around.

He hugged me so tight. “I do… I still do…”

“Then that’s exactly what the young Minho boy is feeling right now.”

“But they’re not meant for each other.”

 

“And how do you know that?” I touched his cheeks. “Maybe they actually were.”

“From now on, let me do this my way. Arasso?” I smiled as he lightly nodded.

 

**********

Sorry for not updating in a long time.

But I hope you like this chapter.

Feel free to comment! :)

The next chapter may take some time but please bear with me.

~emkrys